I have been working at Medallia full-time (More than a year)
Though the leader in Customer Experience Management (CEM), we're literally building a category creation company (Google before Google or Salesforce before Salesforce). Building something new like this is hard, but it's also a privilege to be a part of. I'm definitely tired, but I haven't felt this fulfilled in years.
- Overwhelming, unapologetic focus on people and culture
- High degree of ownership/authorship in both strategic and tactical decisions
- Authentic, meaningful impact
- Again, building is hard and we make missteps along the way
- More deliberate, defined communication is needed to share with a broader audience
Advice to Management
As Medallia grows, things won't and don't work like they used to. It takes more effort to move the ship forward. Communication is a prime example. Delivering a message for one thousand person, global audience is a lot harder than to a group of 20 all sitting the same location. We need to be much more prescriptive about messaging as a result. Don't assume that the rationale for changes, decisions, or direction is evident and use every channel available.
People, Culture, Category Creation, Financial Opportunity
Growing Pains, Communication Infrastructure