Medassist, A Firstsource Company Employee Reviews

A Nightmare
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 20, 2018
I thought this would be a nice company to work for, but I urge people with any college degrees to find other employment. MedAssist is not supportive of employees and the management team team and corporate officer human resource department are very vindictive afterward an employee complains about mistreatment.
Pros
Going home after your shift
Cons
Messy operations
loved working with the people
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMarch 5, 2018
I loved working with my staff and the hospital staff. I was expected to do the job of 2 people but was not paid for it and was reprimanded if everything was not done. Used to love this job but now too stressful
Management is a mess
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 23, 2018
Management will tell you they want to help you succeed then they don't. They never follow through on keeping you up to date with your progress or how your're doing until it's time to fire you. The women there are BULLIES with horrible attitudes for NO REASON. They act like a clique of high schoolers instead of grown women at a place of employment. They talk on you instead of addressing you with issues. They find any and everything to COMPLAIN about. Worst job Ive ever had.
Horrible
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSJanuary 10, 2018
If you like working 10+ hours a day only to have your repayment being pay cuts, this is the place for you. They push you and push you and tell you to focus on production but no matter how much you push they will still complain that you aren't pushing enough. Then you find out they cut your pay because "they aren't profiting". If you do not have a family or social life then it's a great place to work.
Easy but tough job
ER Point of Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 15, 2017
The 12-8 hour shift took up your entire day. I did not like collecting payments from patients in the ER, but I would have stayed with the company if they had offered a different position with reasonable hours.
Pros
A lot of down time. I worked alone and seen my manager once every two weeks
Cons
Long hours, I had to talk to collect from guest in uncomfortable situations
Management is a joke
Onsite patient representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2017
Management is a joke in Columbus Ohio. Never around when you need help and won’t return emails or phone messages. If you are a favorite then you’re good, but if not then you are overlooked and under appreciated. No teamwork incentives. Preach teamwork, but you’re actually on your own. Treated unfairly unless you kiss up to management. Employee of the month incentive is over a month and a half behind. The longer you’re there the more you are overlooked. Will not stand up for employees when it comes to client issues. You are always in the wrong. Management only stands up for each other. Employees are always in the wrong. Moral is horrible and turnover is very high. Client can do no wrong and employees are always at fault.
Pros
Independence
Cons
A fast paced and great employer.
Medicaid Represenative (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHOctober 9, 2017
A typical day consist of screening patients to determine Medicaid eligibility or charity assistance through hospital programs. Represent patients at ODJFS Medicaid for rehab, hospice and long term care facilities. This is a positive and great enivorment to work. Management and co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help patients who do not meet Medicaid qualications . The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people in their time of need obtain medical coverage.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALOctober 5, 2017
Interacted with patients and client on a daily basis and enjoyed the working relationship. Enjoyed meeting new people and management were great during my tenure there. Unfortunately, contract ended.
Off site company. No on-site management or supervisor
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 1, 2017
Inadequate training, and support from management. Stressful, over whelming amount of information given in a very short time. Management and HR are all off site so communication is all by email or phone. Poor benefits.
Pros
Making same salary as prior job
Cons
Poor training and support
Nice hours HORRIBLE management
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 23, 2017
This would be an okay job if management wasn't micromanaging. They are CONSTANTLY on your head about "hitting your stats" but that's nearly impossible when you have nothing to work with. We literally work the same claims over and over. So you're basically just reiterating what the person before you said. It's tedious and unproductive. Not to mention the lousy training. They literally had people who had not too much longer been there than the new hires. Management is almost impossible to go and talk to. If by chance you have a question (because you finally have an account you can actually work) management will look at you like you're stupid. Honestly, I think it's really because management has no idea of what they're doing either. The point system is horrible. And they micromanage EVERYTHING. When you can take your breaks, when you can use the printer, etc. Honestly feels like high school again. Pros every now and then they'll buy lunch or something of the sort and the coworkers are pretty nice and thankfully, helpful.
Pros
Nice hours, nice coworkers
Cons
Management, micromanaging, inconsistency
Poor management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 18, 2017
Very stressful environment to work in. If you are not related to management in any way you will suffer and will always be wrong. No opportunity to advance. Management will tell you there is but just to keep you there. The less people work the more work you will get from co workers. Management is very childish and will start rumors with other staff then deny everything. Main reason company lost the contract with current hospital. Management does not look out for employees only other management
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Expensive health insurance poor management negative work environment
Cheap
Patient Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
Will not stand up for their employees when it comes to clients. Allows client supervisors or employees to run all over their employees, expects too much to be done for one person to handle making it nearly impossible to keep the client satisfied. On the plus side they do have good vacation and medical benefits.
Pros
Good base pay, good career advancement
Cons
Client oriented, not pro-employee, no quarterly bonuses based on producrion. More and more tight-handed by the year
Horrible place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 7, 2016
Bad management and bad attitudes. Worst job I've ever had. Nepotism and favoritism abounds in this place. No respect for those who are not related or lifelong friends. No respect for "other" employees.

Worst of all, the staff and managers are ignorant of the rules governing Medicaid and/or Medicare. Workers with limited program knowledge are denying potential medical coverage for patients with no appeal rights. Only the super easy cases are processed and everyone else is denied coverage and that's WRONG! If you say something or provide the regulations showing the patient IS eligible for medical coverage, you are told to shut up and deny the claim!
Pros
Cons
Nepotism, lack of training.
Titanic
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 16, 2016
What a set up this place is. It's almost a Ghost town over in Westlake Office. On-site office "Managment" is a joke. If you are not a favorite of theirs, you will suffer.
They are always hiring to help clean up what recent quitters left behind. Gossip, backstabbing, and excessive work load are a part of the typical workday. Management overlooks it all, sadly, because they are a part of it. My friends and family were starting to worry about me but my life and health changed for the better when I finally freed myself from that place.
good place to work
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 4, 2016
this is a great place to work the people, and management was friendly. i loved working there until i went off to school, it was hard moving up withing the company.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
same lunch offers
Poor managment
Point of Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2016
I work as an onsite representative, basically my daily job routine is to collect money from patients that visit the emergency room, post the payment to the patient account, post the hospital note to the patient account and set up payment arrangements. The job is well the management is horrible. The supervisors make up different policies throughout the year, there is favoritism, the supervisors are very unprofessional this company does not give yearly raises or even give evaluations. They are very unappreciative of the hard work the employee do to make this company stand. This is a bad company all around. their is a very high turnover rate people get hired and leave quickly.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
managment
Horrible place to work.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2016
Went to work there and in six months the job shut down. "Management" was horrible never came out to admonish workers that were loud and belligerent and of course those workers were smart enough to leave a sinking ship. "Management" basically lead the office to be closed.
Pros
Cons
Manager LIED about what I made, when I came there.
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 29, 2016
I use to work in Portmouth, Va for Mediassist. I real enjoyed working for this company. I started out in Frankfort. Ky and transferred to VA. Then in Va I took on assisting at another hospital if they needed applications on a daily basis. So I worked 2 hospital. Then when someone went on vacation I also covered there hospital. It's a great company to work for.
Pros
Being able to patients get assistance.
Cons
When you can't get assistance for patients.
Productive & fun atmosphere with amazing managerial staff
Onsite Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJune 20, 2016
MedAssist has been my favorite place to work as of yet. I thoroughly enjoy my job & am very much a people person, so working closely with patients in the ED has been the highlight of this job for me. My boss is amazing, as is his boss. I would not be leaving this company if I didn't need to relocate. I would recommend this company to anyone in need of a job who has compassion & is a self-starter, as we often work on our own with little supervision.
Pros
Having the opportunity to help those in need of financial assistance or Medicaid
Cons
This job happens to come with a lot of responsibility to the company itself & to the client
Horrible Management
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 26, 2016
The call center has been without a director for a while. The manager can only do so much. When starting over 4 years ago I enjoyed my job. I am not going to sugar coat I have to force myself to go in. Management has their hands tied by the VP who has them walking around on egg shells. They're all afraid to speak up.
Pros
Cons
Wages, raises, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medassist, A Firstsource Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6