Medassist, A Firstsource Company Employee Reviews

Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 8, 2019
Jobs not divided fairly. Different learning styles posed challenging to understand what management required/requested Expected to work independently in team-based environment.
Pros
Shift hours, lunch breaks
Cons
Lack of communication
The company is a good place to work but, the pay is low.
Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
It was a good place to work. Not to bad as far as jobs go. The people are nice and you are not over Whelmed with your work load. They do a lot of Donations and contributions to different charities.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
the Pay is low.
Job
Patient Representive (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 16, 2018
It was a good company to work for. And I enjoyed the people I worked with and I also enjoyed seeing and screening my patients. It was a nice work enivorment
Productive work place
Outpatient Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 14, 2018
-My typical work day started at the business office at McAllen Medical Hospital. My coworker would give me the patients I needed to screen for the morning and the case workers would give me the field visit list for the day and also the applications needed to be taken to the Medicaid Rep either at the hospital or in the area
-i learned that we needed to be focused on our work and get my log out to my supervisor at the end of each day
-Management was available but hands off
-The workplace culture was festive and pleasant
-The hardest part of the job was advising a patient that they did not qualify for assistance
-The most enjoyable part was advising patients they did qualify
Pros
being out of the office for the afternoons
Cons
not conducting field visits
Productive and fun atmosphere
Onsite Patient Representative/Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHDecember 7, 2018
MedAssist was a great company to work for. The management was always quick to help out in times of need. Coworkers were amazing here as well. First time I'd ever felt that I was on an actual work team.
Pros
Had a lot of coworker outings that were extremely fun
Cons
No breaks
Open doors to other jobs
Bilingual Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 6, 2018
Was able to gain knowledge in both office experince and hospital setting in billing. I was able to learn about insurance, medicaid, charity programs to assist patients for bill payment.
Great place to be.
Accounts Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2018
It's a great place to work for. The people are friendly and the hours are great. No weekends or holidays. The benefits are pretty good as well too and they also give you 401k plan.
Pros
Great pay. Okay hours and benefits.
Cons
No part-time positions available
Stressful and full of gossip
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 26, 2018
Even if you try your best to stay out of company gossip, you are involved by just working in the same small office with this company. The management is very disconnected from the actual staff that works the job.
Poor Company to work for
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2018
Nothing good to say, will not waste my time.
Typical work day was being talked down to by our client's employees. However, I did enjoy working with the patients and their family. That was the only rewarding thing about that positions. That's why I stayed as long as I did. Loved helping people.
Horrible company
Onsite representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
Worst job I’ve had hands down. So unprofessional and unorganized. Horrible work environment. Would never recommend to anyone. The bosses are horrible
Cons
If you want to be treated as a human being this is not it
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2018
Where can you start with this place. Poor Management, low pay, draining both physically and mentally, etc etc etc. There is room for promotion only if you are one of the managers friends or you have something going on with one of your supervisors. They would rather have a person in management that will accept less pay then someone who is actually qualified for the position. I was with the company for about three months and within that three months they had three managers to leave, four supervisors to leave and I lost count of regular team members that left. They was three times within a month that the EMS showed up because someone was having heart issues from the stress. The VP talks to you as if you are less than nothing. Don’t try to report anything to HR because they are just going to make excuses for what is going on that clearly should not be happening. The supervisors talk about team members personal problems to the team. If you want to keep your sanity and actually looking for a professional work place that you can make a career out of, please do not go here. All of the negative review are not just upset employees they are true.
Pros
Getting mice out the break room in a reasonable time.
Cons
Not knowing what you are getting yourself into from day one
not much training
pfs (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 5, 2018
go to work different shifts, screen patients ...suggest a form of assistance for patients. in the hospital. Not proper training is provided. to much going on
Pros
40 hours
Cons
no proper training
Don't care about employee
Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2018
At first it was good they lied about putting employee first.
they are unorganize, don't give you a warning they just terminate you. hire you for project but don't tell you it's temp. low communication. management is bad not planning good things just lying about everything.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
management
Cut throat atmosphere high turn over rate
Onsite patient services rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus gaOctober 21, 2018
The Onsite company in Columbus ga at piedmont midtown is a joke. The job description sounds promising as if you would be helping others who are less fortunate , but once you get into the job you realize it is all about pushing applications. No one teaches correctly how to do the job and people have been fired for wrong teachings and vindictive reasons from other staff members. The staff is cut throat and out to get each other . There is no real sense of leadership or loyalty at this job site . The work loads are given out extremely unfairly , the work load is less for some and more for others. Screening patients bedside at a hospital with 10 floors and an emergency room is a lot when not everyone is going to the floors , it is very unfair and There is no team work period. Everyone is out for themselves . Managers come and go , the job is very stressful and the compensetaion does not amount to what you actual deal with. And the favortisim towards senior employees is extreme and unprofessional , it’s a vendor job so you do NOT get any of the great benefits that piedmont is offering to its employees , and medassist benefits are not comparable, it’s best to work directly for the hospital if possible . I would never recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Onsite at midtown good food, possible hour lunch
Cons
Everything but particularly favoritism to senior employees
Embarrassing unprofessional place of employment . Don't go!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2018
this place has high turn over and now i see why! no one in the training class had any experience in health care,so that not a priority. poor pay. the training was poor. the class was given the answers, no reason to read modules! they just want bodies there. they have "strict" phone rules where you can't bring them into building or on floor ( or your fired) yet managers and trainers say it's ok, just don't get caught, wink wink. people coming into work in pj looking pants, no work professional code here. we were told 6 week training. when interviewed i was told hours 8:00-5. when managers introduced themselves the managers said our hours would be from 8-8, some would get 8-5 , or 9-6:30 , or 11:30-8. they told class we would not know our shift till about 2 days before we went on floor. which is a lie almost everyone was getting late shift. i wouldn't have accepted job with 11:30-8 hours. so they spring that on you there. hoping i guess you stay after all that training. office is small mini cubicles, you are sitting barely 2 chairs away from other desk. loud, hot , dingy. most people in lead positions were uneducated. They used inappropriate language. i guess if you are new in life career this place would satsify some. But, if you are looking for a future and professional place don't come here. it is bad!
Pros
Not one thing! No common sense
Cons
Poor pay, lousy hours, immature workers who are leads
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 11, 2018
They as a company don't care about their employees only about the money. They dont care if you are sick. It is always some kind of drama going on. Supervisor is awesome. Nobody makes enough money. They always want to give you stuff to do that is outside of your pay grade. When you call IT in India
, you can't understand an word that they say.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Way to much stuff to deal with and not enough pay.
Was an exciting job when I started
PATIENT ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40223October 1, 2018
Only left because I moved to Florida. Started as an eligibility rep and was only able to make lateral moves.
Medassist was a good company to work for until it was purchased by Firstsource Solutions.
Poor place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 22, 2018
I worked in the Winchester Va office they would talk behind your
back. The office did not work as a team. Training was horrible. Their do not try to help anyone to succeed
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Poor management
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
During the interview I was never informed that this company was a vendor working for a major hospital. The management explained it as a permanent position with the hospital. It is not. Anyone can be let go at any time. The supervisor is not knowledgeable about any aspects of the Medicaid program. If I did not previously have a job with detailed training on Medicaid I would be lost.
MedAssist
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 4, 2018
The management here was telecommuted to us. It was very difficult to get on the ground help when needed. Manager was inappropriate in his behavior and was not available on a normal basis to use as a resource.
Pros
Cons
Bad working culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medassist, A Firstsource Company. Our community is ready to answer.