Medassist, A Firstsource Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was an exciting job when I started
PATIENT ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40223October 1, 2018
Only left because I moved to Florida. Started as an eligibility rep and was only able to make lateral moves.
Medassist was a good company to work for until it was purchased by Firstsource Solutions.
Poor place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 22, 2018
I worked in the Winchester Va office they would talk behind your
back. The office did not work as a team. Training was horrible. Their do not try to help anyone to succeed
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Poor management
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
During the interview I was never informed that this company was a vendor working for a major hospital. The management explained it as a permanent position with the hospital. It is not. Anyone can be let go at any time. The supervisor is not knowledgeable about any aspects of the Medicaid program. If I did not previously have a job with detailed training on Medicaid I would be lost.
MedAssist
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 4, 2018
The management here was telecommuted to us. It was very difficult to get on the ground help when needed. Manager was inappropriate in his behavior and was not available on a normal basis to use as a resource.
Pros
Cons
Bad working culture
Bad Experience
Bilingual Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2018
This is a very stressful job. Research the company before you contract with them. Look at the Indeed.com reviews. Helping people is awesome, but living a nightmare isn't.
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
Managment
Good Place - Horrible management in Miami
Medicaid Eligibility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
Medassist is a great company. However, the Miami management is full of discrimination, lack of respect. The way management is treating the employees is extremely bad. The Director has her friends with highest salaries even over management. Director doesn't respect employees, and she treats them as slaves or servants. I saw people constantly crying because the way she corrects them. Of course, the turn over is huge and HR doesn't do anything about it.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Horrible Management
Fast paced environment
Supervisor/Director (Current Employee) –  Belleville, IL 62223August 21, 2018
This Job is a job with a lot of repetition and can become dull due to sitting all day. Minimal pay raises every year. Point system and training could be improved.
Pros
work hours
Cons
micro management, point system, pay raise minimal
Good stepping stone
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 20, 2018
I worked here and then applied at the state of Michigan because what I was doing there was basically the same thing as I am doing now however I didn't get the pay, holiday time and days off along with better benefits.
I love working here.
Account Resolution Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 8, 2018
Great work environment with nice managers. We have foods trucks twice weekly and once a week we typically celebrate an obscure holiday (national chocolate day, lemonade day, etc). Work wear is business casual and you are not bothered continually all day, you can actually get your work done!
Pros
healthcare, vacation time
Cons
location
Horrible Communication
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
I don't even have the energy to discuss and dissect all of this company's shortcomings. The core of its problems lies with horrendous communication; you will be contacted by management once, then have to jump through hoops to get into communication with them again. It's absurd.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
HORRIBLE communication; no presence from management

Want to know more about Medassist, A Firstsource Company?

Ask a question
this is job
Account Resolution Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
you have to be in the in-crowd to be able to move up in the world and they do not care if kids sick or family has die as long as you at work but least you will have job I'm going to say you they will try to have you with a good out come
slow pace environment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 23, 2018
Great entry level position. Prepares you for professional jobs in that training is very effective and knowledge is gained sufficiently. Training lasts about 2-3 months.
Unprofessional
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2018
Management is horrible. Can’t keep directors for nothing. Favoritism is shown. Pay is horrible. Supervisors talk to you about other team members. Do not apply the same rules to everyone.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Pay, management, etc.
Much needed role in the hospital.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
Management is under construction, so things are getting better.
Role is beneficial to helping others and offering a needed service to patients and the client.
Learn something new daily and the job changes often so it's never boring.
Pros
Nice work environment.
Cons
Pay
Patient Accounts
Patient Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 9, 2018
Call center environment, making outbound calls to people that have outstanding healthcare bills. Getting people to pay entire bill or setup payment arrangements to get their debts cleared.
Pros
Helped people get on payment plans
Cons
Worked Nights
Great opportunity
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lander, WYJuly 2, 2018
I loved this job and the people I worked with. I loved the role I played in the patients lives. Every day was a new challenge and I learned so much. I hope to find something similar in the future
Very productive lots of paperwork
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 23, 2018
All employees are losers including the actual hospital staff they will put u in a situation where everyone is against you and ur defending your job alone they will believe others before they believe u. I suggest no one apply for this company there all lies. management is only in the office twice a week. Management hits on female employees to establish authority and favoritism
Corporate is in Louisville,ky and don't kno what really goes on there in the hospital they only go by hear say.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Horrible management and employees
Not very happy with this job
Accounts Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2018
Supervisor discriminate employees there and treat people unfairly. They are unfair when people are sick or have an emergency. If they don’t like a person they will get rid of them. I think supervisors should be changed.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Manager or supervisor treat people with discrimination
Eligibilty Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2018
MedAssist was a great company to work for, I was placed in a position with very little training due to lack of personnel to do the training. I did have a great manager who supported me in every way. I was very happy there and would love to go back if they were to gain a new facility in my area.
Pros
Culture, environment, management, money
Cons
Needed more staff to do the work
Relaxed and good team
Account Resolution Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 17, 2018
Goal oriented place. Great team. Supervisor is great. It is a faced paced environment. I like the casual business dress code so I did not have to go out and buy more clothes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medassist, A Firstsource Company. Our community is ready to answer.