MedAssurant Employee Reviews

This was a great place to work
Medical Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 26, 2018
I loved working for Med Assurant. Work was very independent. Pay was great and very flexible hours. I would have never left it hours had not gotten so low. I had to find something else.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great pay rate
Cons
Periods of very slow work, no insurance, no health benefits
Temp work from home
Site Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2017
I was hired for this job and sent computer and other things necessary to perform my job, I was told I would train and then I would be going to MD offices and reviewing charts for Medicare. I never left my home and then was suddenly told one day they had hired too many people and did not get the contracts they thought they would and I was fired. Very unorganized company
My opinion
Medical Site/Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 22, 2017
I would work for this company again. Great pay, compensation, convenient work schedule, great communication for the most part. Professional enviornments to work in
Productivity Counts
Senior Communication Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 25, 2017
Productivity is everything with this company. High quantity is required, high quality is expected. Both are always being monitored. Fast pace, high turn over of employees, and management. Not at all sensitive to severe inclement weather conditions. Pays really well and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High employee turnover
A great stay at home job
LPN-Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2017
Fast paced, great potential for learning. In-services provided to keep you up to date on new coding requirements. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on your own.
Pros
Coding medical diagnoses and procedures with ICD 9/ CPT
Cons
Difficulty getting someone on the line to help with difficult areas
More work needed
Field Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 24, 2017
This was a position that required me to travel in the field and work remotely. The challenge was that the company could not gauge the work that they would have from their clients so there would be no work for months then only a few assignments.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Not enough work
i worked remotely as a nurse
Remote Coding Data Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 11, 2017
The job was challenging. It was nice to have a flexible schedule and work from home. It proved not be very secure and I was laid off within a couple of years.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no job security
not great to work for--confused standards
Remote Medical Chart Review (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 28, 2017
job instability
salary instability
poor management
poor training however high expectations

Workplace culture was rigid on some things but lax on others. Management was unskilled in managerial style and positive flow.
Often changed expectations without clarity or appropriate training
Working at home was a plus
Pros
stay at home to work
Cons
instability generally
Productive workplace, some workplace adminstrative methods unreasonablle
Clinical Communication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 30, 2016
Good Front line leadership great colleague relationships. Executive leadership seemed lacking concern for staff daily workplace policies in some instances were therefore unreasonable.
Little to no opportunities for advancement
Pros
Good benefits, great team collaborative
Cons
Constant monitoring, limited opportunities for advancement. lacked cohesion
I had to leave because it was full time only and I have fibromyalgia and working full time was making the fibro worse.
Remote Coder (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 14, 2016
The job was working from home as a remote coder abstracting and coding hospital and doctor office charts of patients for particular information and entering the information into a computer program. It was a 40 hour a week job with a mandatory weekly meeting via telephone. I loved the job but I was getting stressed out trying to get the full 40 hours in and they had no part time jobs. I had to go on disability and was approved for Social Security Disability in 11 months.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
None.
Great
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 28, 2016
This is an awesome place to be. Very cool and laid back environment. If you are on time everyday and do your job, you will not have issues. They give little incentives, competitions to meet quota goals and bonuses.
Nice place to work
Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDAugust 26, 2016
This was a great job, loved traveling , meeting new people, learning EMR systems, Learned how to work independent, self management
Ability to train my self and meet interesting people
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 9, 2016
Pros:
Ability to train my self and meet interesting people
Although compensation was less than average, I was able to pay my bill with it

Cons:
Poor management style- management drove employees away
Poor compensation
long commute
The experience of a Field Reviewer
medical Site Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
I called (2) days) in advance to verified my scheduled appointments.
Arrived at the job site 25 - 30 min ahead to scan the area for parking and to get a feel of the atmosphere( slow, busy etc). Most clinic do not like reviews or reviewer. The quicker you do your job in an organized matter, the most likely the clinic would receive you with a different attitude. I would introduce myself, show my company credentials and request to speak to the person in charge of the review. Become familiar with the system (Hy-bird or EHR software), and began to work.

I became familiar with different kind of EHR software, and diversity of the clinical setting.

Management was easy to communicate with. If there was problem. Such as, person who's responsible for the review does not communicate with their staff and no one knows your coming.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to have access to the charts or finding the chart for the review.

I enjoyed working with others and hearing the different encounters with the clinics. When we had larger reviews in the hospital divide it up by the alphabets and complete our assignments as a group.

The enjoyable part was working independently.
Pros
Free lunches, create you own speed
Cons
short to no breaks, space provided for the review
Productive workplace with plenty of background education and education to stay up to date on coding.
Remote Data Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 4, 2016
I loved this job, but I was not certified and really needed to be, I got by but felt like I needed that certification. I am scheduled for that certification in medical coding in June 2016.
Pros
Free education and I could call anyone with questions and they would be answered.
Great Place to Work
SitSite Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home and area of my homeNovember 12, 2015
The job was great to work at and definite what your job was. It was great to work at home and also to work near home. I really enjoyed learning and reading different ways the charts were charted on about the patients.
productive and fun work place, able to play piano during lunch
Medical Chart Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 15, 2015
Days are mostly focused oriented to completing an average of 40 charts review.A successful day is being able to review as many charts with no errors.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Job was not suitable for my health/
Good Culture
SQL DBA (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Nice place to work, I have learned a great lot over the years and hope to learn many more. The company seems to have a good future and is constantly growing. I started at the company in Operations now I am in Infrastructure Engineer. Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon’s unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action®. Large proprietary datasets, advanced integration technologies, sophisticated predictive analytics, and deep subject matter expertise deliver a seamless, end-to-end platform of technology and nationwide operations that bring the benefits of big data and large-scale analytics to the point of care. Driven by data, Inovalon uniquely identifies gaps in care, quality, data integrity, and financial performance – while also bringing to bear the unique capabilities to resolve them. Supporting hundreds of healthcare organizations in 98% of U.S. counties and Puerto Rico, Inovalon’s analytical and data-driven intervention platforms are informed by data pertaining to more than 744,000 physicians, 244,000 clinical facilities, and more than 118 million Americans providing a powerful solution suite that drives high-value impact, improving quality and economics for health plans, ACOs, hospitals, physicians, patients, and researchers
very good place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 30, 2014
Allows a chance to work on your own. Not for those needing constant supervision
An Average Work Day
Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing MIOctober 21, 2014
We would come into work receive our work assignment via email. Which we work many different jobs in operations so we could be cleaning the sites to have them ready for when it is time to send our record requests. We could be calling the sites to send the request or following up after sending the request. So throughout the day we would continuously be making phone calls to obtain information or to send requests.
Pros
Great Group Of People To Work With
Cons
Repetive Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedAssurant. Our community is ready to answer.