MedCoast Ambulance Employee Reviews

What you get out of the company is what you put into it!
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 21, 2018
Worked at Medcoast for over 2 years. A good company to work for especially if you're a new EMT (good experience). The company as a whole is pretty relax and fair. They will work with your schedule and have fair wages. They also provide health benefits to those EMTs that are fulltime. They also have call bonuses and overtime after 8 hours. The culture of the EMTs is pretty much just like any other company I have worked for. Some believe they are doing the company a favor by working for them. Others believe you get what you put into it. I know most EMTs want a perfect company to work at or a higher wage. Surprise!! there is no perfect company. Some companies may offer a lil more here and there but that is why I say "the difference in companies is what you put in". looking back at my employment, Medcoast accommodated my school schedule and gave me the experience I needed to further myself in my over all goal.
Pros
Fair wage, Benefits, Paid Certs
Cons
Strictly IFT, No 911 experience
Overall good experience
EMT (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 15, 2018
I started with Medcoast a little over a year ago. I needed experience to get into grad school. I feel my experience here prepared me to get into my grad program. I had an overall good experience. They were flexible with scheduling, I had great partners that were experienced that I enjoyed working with.
Not a very caring company.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 7, 2018
High turnover is an understatement. No one stays for very long probably due to poor compensation, now room for growth or advancement, and a management that communicates very poorly with its EMT's.
Pros
They hire a lot?
Cons
No interest in employee retention.
Don’t work here
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 24, 2018
This company employs many shady tactics. They will ask you to run calls you are not certified for and will ask you to run constantly without breaks for dialysis runs because they are not properly staffed for dialysis days. This company is going downhill really quick and if you want a legit company to get emt experience look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Dispatch
Cons
Management, Hr
Apply at own RISK!
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  HQJune 20, 2018
I would not recommend this IFT company. Checks bounce often, hour's are cut all the time. Because The owner does not want to pay over time. They promise a Sign On Bonus. But will only pay one check of $150. Then give you excuse after excuse how they can't pay the bonuses anymore. The equipment is old and rigs A/c are always braking down. APPLY ONLY AS A LAST CHOICE. Truth!! Oh and if youre looking to get hours. Medcoast is not a place to do it. you are scheduled 12hrs. But they send you home 3hrs. Early often.
Pros
They have free water
Cons
Payroll checks bounce, short you hours, tell you lies so you do t leave
$14.50 is a lie bait And switch
EMT (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 19, 2018
We get paid $12, even Care gets $12.50 and they have better benefits, promises of evaluation s for raises but they never come. The employees are cool which sucks because management is unorganized. FTO's only get $25 extra a day only when you have a trainee, the rest of the time it's $12.
Pros
They pay for your OC cert and your LA City cert, OT after 8 hours a day.
Cons
Benefits suck, your better off with ObamaCare
Bounced checks, shady management, incompetent people in inappropriate positions
EMT (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 3, 2018
Bottom of the barrel company. Not even worth the EMT experience. They'll hire you immediately because they can't hold onto employees. Steer clear if you respect yourself.
Cons
Read review summary
Receptionist/Biller (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 28, 2017
i start the day by answering phone calls. reviewing the emts paper work. after i do that i collect paperwork from the supervisors office. that is how i start my day
Great company
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 11, 2017
The job isn't difficult to do which can cause you not to assess patients in the proper manner. It's great for networking with hospitals and nurses if you're looking to further your career, and the pay is competitive with other Inter Facility Transport companies.
Pros
Free lunches at certain hospitals
Cons
You might be paired up with someone who doesn't take patient care as seriously as you do.
Good company to work for
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2016
Call volume is very high but your shifts are guaranteed to be complete. Plenty of overtime is available, sort of difficult to request days off even with the 30 notice.
productive workplace
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs CAOctober 13, 2015
co-workers are great
management is great
most enjoyable part of the job sharing my years of knowledge with new EMTs
Typical work day includes filling shifts getting units on time helping stock rigs for the day
Long hours with occasional slow days
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 21, 2015
On daily basis you will have your dialysis transport calls, with some medical emergencies. Great place to get patient contacts and become familiar with EMT- Basic workload.
Pros
Patient Contact and overtime
Cons
Heavy workload, short breaks, and long hours
Not a great place to work
EMT Driver and Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 10, 2014
Management structure is geared towards revenue streams, not individual attention to patients. Questionable ethics, and long hours without incentives for working harder except for patients. High turnover and burnout.
Great Experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2013
Much needed experience as an EMT with Medcoast. Great opportunity with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedCoast Ambulance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9