MedCoast Ambulance Employee Reviews for Emergency Medical Technician

Overall good experience
EMT (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 15, 2018
I started with Medcoast a little over a year ago. I needed experience to get into grad school. I feel my experience here prepared me to get into my grad program. I had an overall good experience. They were flexible with scheduling, I had great partners that were experienced that I enjoyed working with.
Not a very caring company.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 7, 2018
High turnover is an understatement. No one stays for very long probably due to poor compensation, now room for growth or advancement, and a management that communicates very poorly with its EMT's.
Pros
They hire a lot?
Cons
No interest in employee retention.
$14.50 is a lie bait And switch
EMT (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 19, 2018
We get paid $12, even Care gets $12.50 and they have better benefits, promises of evaluation s for raises but they never come. The employees are cool which sucks because management is unorganized. FTO's only get $25 extra a day only when you have a trainee, the rest of the time it's $12.
Pros
They pay for your OC cert and your LA City cert, OT after 8 hours a day.
Cons
Benefits suck, your better off with ObamaCare
Bounced checks, shady management, incompetent people in inappropriate positions
EMT (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 3, 2018
Bottom of the barrel company. Not even worth the EMT experience. They'll hire you immediately because they can't hold onto employees. Steer clear if you respect yourself.
Cons
Read review summary
Great company
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 11, 2017
The job isn't difficult to do which can cause you not to assess patients in the proper manner. It's great for networking with hospitals and nurses if you're looking to further your career, and the pay is competitive with other Inter Facility Transport companies.
Pros
Free lunches at certain hospitals
Cons
You might be paired up with someone who doesn't take patient care as seriously as you do.
Good company to work for
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2016
Call volume is very high but your shifts are guaranteed to be complete. Plenty of overtime is available, sort of difficult to request days off even with the 30 notice.
Not a great place to work
EMT Driver and Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 10, 2014
Management structure is geared towards revenue streams, not individual attention to patients. Questionable ethics, and long hours without incentives for working harder except for patients. High turnover and burnout.
Great Experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2013
Much needed experience as an EMT with Medcoast. Great opportunity with this company.