MedCoast Ambulance Employee Reviews for Emt-basic

What you get out of the company is what you put into it!
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 21, 2018
Worked at Medcoast for over 2 years. A good company to work for especially if you're a new EMT (good experience). The company as a whole is pretty relax and fair. They will work with your schedule and have fair wages. They also provide health benefits to those EMTs that are fulltime. They also have call bonuses and overtime after 8 hours. The culture of the EMTs is pretty much just like any other company I have worked for. Some believe they are doing the company a favor by working for them. Others believe you get what you put into it. I know most EMTs want a perfect company to work at or a higher wage. Surprise!! there is no perfect company. Some companies may offer a lil more here and there but that is why I say "the difference in companies is what you put in". looking back at my employment, Medcoast accommodated my school schedule and gave me the experience I needed to further myself in my over all goal.
Pros
Fair wage, Benefits, Paid Certs
Cons
Strictly IFT, No 911 experience
Don’t work here
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 24, 2018
This company employs many shady tactics. They will ask you to run calls you are not certified for and will ask you to run constantly without breaks for dialysis runs because they are not properly staffed for dialysis days. This company is going downhill really quick and if you want a legit company to get emt experience look elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Dispatch
Cons
Management, Hr
Long hours with occasional slow days
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 21, 2015
On daily basis you will have your dialysis transport calls, with some medical emergencies. Great place to get patient contacts and become familiar with EMT- Basic workload.
Pros
Patient Contact and overtime
Cons
Heavy workload, short breaks, and long hours