Medcor, Inc. Employee Reviews

Triage nurse
Triage RN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 30, 2018
Love working for Medcor. I get to do what I enjoy from the comfort of home. Co-coworkers, resources, and managers are responsive, encouraging, and genuinely care. It is fast paced where I take call after call but it allows me to focus on one at a time. No more running around the hospital floor.
Pros
Work at home, great people, low stress
Cons
Software charting system is unpredictable. Every third weekend would be nice.
Have Fun at Work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 27, 2018
A typical day at work was to have fun and enjoy your job. I learned all about the billing and the facilities. Upper management was rough.
My immediate supervisor was awesome. Company has turnover. Workplace culture was a lot family employees/relatives. Hardest part of the the job was working all the OT when it was obvious the position needed more help. Most enjoyable part of the job was the barbecues.
Pros
PTO & Insurance Benefits were awesome
Cons
Too much preferential treatment for family members
Run away, fast!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2018
Did agency work at Indy location. Pay was good, training good. Travel to location was awful. Worked with one other person and a MD. Other person was nasty! They have an onsite pharmacy that I, as a nurse, would have to pull meds from and give to patient.... did not feel comfortable doing this. They said - the orders are in the computer, just scan the bottles. Yeah right! Orders were not in the computer. MD did not put in orders as they should. Lots of back -tracking to cover their butts. Handing out Cardiac meds with no orders = very scary!!! Whole experience was awful. I put in my few days that were required by the agency, and I never went back. Another agency contacted me a year later about some prn work (didn't tell me it was Medcor), filled out all the paperwork, I paid for a physical, TB test, etc. Found out it was Medcor, and said - No Way, not going there. Paid $100+ out of pocket and wouldn't work for them. Should say something about how awful this place is!!!!
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
everything else
Great Program
Out Patient Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91505December 4, 2018
Great workers compensation program on Warner Brothers lot.
It is a small office that handles any injuries obtained by the employees on the lot. This includes employees working on sets.
Pros
Great employees
Triage Nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 5, 2018
I’m so glad I found this place, i’s not perfect but it’s a great concept and I can tell the company is trying to make good changes, Working from home is wonderful but I do think the pay could be better.
Pros
Work from home, Meet great managers and have fun between the daily grind, My traine and manager and preceptor are helpful and the people I meet are nice.
Cons
Callers can be nasty and it feels like our fault, Compute system we use to chart is slow and certain parts make it impossibl to use easily, I don’t enjoy working 5 days a week but don’t have any option to do less or longer shifts, insuranc health carrier could be more well known choice
Onsite Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 20, 2018
I have worked for Medcor on and off for several years. I have always been happy here. The managers have always been supportive; the clinical department is awesome. The job itself is pretty easy. There is not a lot of micromanagement; we are free to run the on site clinic without too much oversight.
My biggest complaint is the price of the health benefits. While the insurance is actually pretty good, it is very expensive. (I am paying twice what I was paying at my last job.)
Pros
Easy job, good managers
Cons
expensive benefits
Clinical and onsite care
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 6, 2018
Medcor was good learning experience
Continuous charting on injured employees, making sure that all Dr follow up was kept for the employee.
Follow up on the drug screens
Report to the company that was contracted with
Pros
Self driven great salary
Cons
Not knowing where you was going to be located from month to month
Resources always available.
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 31, 2018
Always had someone available to answer any type of question or help out. Even though company is located throughout different states and cities, upper management easily accessible.
Gone down hill under new management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Medcor gone downhill the last 2 years under the current management one of them was promoted after working as a scheduler the CEO is out of touch and seems to be more worried about shipping work overseas to the Philippines then to find decent help heavy workload for nurses with antiquated equipment and substandard software very difficult to get time off Healthcare has been lowered to lower standards and more time to spend on retraining people as people leave within months of being trained it seems to be a revolving door with people leaving as soon as they've been trained used to be a good place to work but it's definitely not anymore.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Extremely poor management. Nepotism. Cronyism. Hard to get time off
Marketing and clinical services department staff are great
Marketing Contractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 23, 2018
I currently work for Medcor as an independent marketing contractor. The people I work alongside are knowledgable, professional, and deliver a quality product that genuinely helps clients’ employees live healthier lives.
Pros
Remote work, flexible scheduling, project autonomy
Excellent company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJMay 13, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Management is approachable. Stable working environment . Very well organized. Professional environment and staff. Excellent patient care.
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHApril 10, 2018
Medcor allowed for opportunities to travel and a different side of nursing. Medcor treats its employees like family and offer many opportunities to join in book clubs, fitness challenges etc.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Some travel during orientation
The left hand did not know what the right hand was doing
Clinic Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 4, 2018
The right hand did not know what the left hand was doing, rules changed daily, no back up from administration, constant micro management, no face to face contact with supervisors
Pros
day job not weekend
Cons
very poor management
things have changed.
Telephonic Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 9, 2018
used to love my job, that changed w/ new mgmt. unfairly terminated, company did not follow their own discipline policy, stated can fire for any reason, did not provide documentation of "coachings" that allegedly occurred, fired for following an unknown and undocumented policy or procedure- in other words, the culture changed and the "old" was let go so the "new" could come in.
Locums Tenems position
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, GAMarch 21, 2018
The job originally was for 90 days only which extended several times and ended being full time the last several months. The entire job was for 1 year.
Medcor - San Diego Zoo
Occupational health tech- paramedic (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 14, 2017
Leadership at the zoo is very poor. The two full time employees that train employees are both very disgruntled employees and it reflects on their poor attitudes. The manager himself displays poor leadership skills and expects things that aren’t possible to achieve. The pay is decent, the hours are long, but I would not recommend working here. Their extremely high turnover rate reflects the poor leadership.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No lunch break, not allowed to leave the office, unresoanlsbe expectations
High turnover, not much to offer in employee benefits
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 23, 2018
High turnover, little opportunity for advancement. Company culture not very professional or diverse, focused mostly on hiring millennials. Benefits are expensive.
Work from home as a NURSE
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILOctober 28, 2017
Medcor is a great company to work for. Management is excellent, and always goes above and beyond. My only complaint is the pay is a little low, but the work from home option makes up for this. Benefits are good, and affordable.
Pros
Management works hard, and does a great job.
Cons
Pay is below average
Okay job for the time
Medical Admin & EMT-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2017
Similar pay to other similar jobs and positions at the time but did not offer benefits or high enough pay to stay there. Had to work more than one job at the time to make enough.
Medcor Review
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILJuly 28, 2017
Medcor is not a bad company to work for. Management seems to want to help but will not listen to solutions. This is a smaller company that is continuing to grow. They do need to hire more help. Workers seem bogged down and very micromanaged.
Pros
Summer BBQ's Wellness program that reimburses
Cons
Management, long hours and stressful workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medcor, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight