Medcor, Inc. Employee Reviews

Have Fun at Work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 27, 2018
A typical day at work was to have fun and enjoy your job. I learned all about the billing and the facilities. Upper management was rough.
My immediate supervisor was awesome. Company has turnover. Workplace culture was a lot family employees/relatives. Hardest part of the the job was working all the OT when it was obvious the position needed more help. Most enjoyable part of the job was the barbecues.
Pros
PTO & Insurance Benefits were awesome
Cons
Too much preferential treatment for family members
Triage Nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 5, 2018
I’m so glad I found this place, i’s not perfect but it’s a great concept and I can tell the company is trying to make good changes, Working from home is wonderful but I do think the pay could be better.
Pros
Work from home, Meet great managers and have fun between the daily grind, My traine and manager and preceptor are helpful and the people I meet are nice.
Cons
Callers can be nasty and it feels like our fault, Compute system we use to chart is slow and certain parts make it impossibl to use easily, I don’t enjoy working 5 days a week but don’t have any option to do less or longer shifts, insuranc health carrier could be more well known choice
Resources always available.
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 31, 2018
Always had someone available to answer any type of question or help out. Even though company is located throughout different states and cities, upper management easily accessible.
Excellent company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJMay 13, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Management is approachable. Stable working environment . Very well organized. Professional environment and staff. Excellent patient care.
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHApril 10, 2018
Medcor allowed for opportunities to travel and a different side of nursing. Medcor treats its employees like family and offer many opportunities to join in book clubs, fitness challenges etc.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Some travel during orientation
Clinical and onsite care
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 6, 2018
Medcor was good learning experience
Continuous charting on injured employees, making sure that all Dr follow up was kept for the employee.
Follow up on the drug screens
Report to the company that was contracted with
Pros
Self driven great salary
Cons
Not knowing where you was going to be located from month to month
The left hand did not know what the right hand was doing
Clinic Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 4, 2018
The right hand did not know what the left hand was doing, rules changed daily, no back up from administration, constant micro management, no face to face contact with supervisors
Pros
day job not weekend
Cons
very poor management
Marketing and clinical services department staff are great
Marketing Contractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 23, 2018
I currently work for Medcor as an independent marketing contractor. The people I work alongside are knowledgable, professional, and deliver a quality product that genuinely helps clients’ employees live healthier lives.
Pros
Remote work, flexible scheduling, project autonomy
Locums Tenems position
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, GAMarch 21, 2018
The job originally was for 90 days only which extended several times and ended being full time the last several months. The entire job was for 1 year.
Onsite Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 20, 2018
I have worked for Medcor on and off for several years. I have always been happy here. The managers have always been supportive; the clinical department is awesome. The job itself is pretty easy. There is not a lot of micromanagement; we are free to run the on site clinic without too much oversight.
My biggest complaint is the price of the health benefits. While the insurance is actually pretty good, it is very expensive. (I am paying twice what I was paying at my last job.)
Pros
Easy job, good managers
Cons
expensive benefits
Gone down hill under new management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Medcor gone downhill the last 2 years under the current management one of them was promoted after working as a scheduler the CEO is out of touch and seems to be more worried about shipping work overseas to the Philippines then to find decent help heavy workload for nurses with antiquated equipment and substandard software very difficult to get time off Healthcare has been lowered to lower standards and more time to spend on retraining people as people leave within months of being trained it seems to be a revolving door with people leaving as soon as they've been trained used to be a good place to work but it's definitely not anymore.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Extremely poor management. Nepotism. Cronyism. Hard to get time off
High turnover, not much to offer in employee benefits
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 23, 2018
High turnover, little opportunity for advancement. Company culture not very professional or diverse, focused mostly on hiring millennials. Benefits are expensive.
things have changed.
Telephonic Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 9, 2018
used to love my job, that changed w/ new mgmt. unfairly terminated, company did not follow their own discipline policy, stated can fire for any reason, did not provide documentation of "coachings" that allegedly occurred, fired for following an unknown and undocumented policy or procedure- in other words, the culture changed and the "old" was let go so the "new" could come in.
Okay job for the time
Medical Admin & EMT-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2017
Similar pay to other similar jobs and positions at the time but did not offer benefits or high enough pay to stay there. Had to work more than one job at the time to make enough.
Work from home as a NURSE
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILOctober 28, 2017
Medcor is a great company to work for. Management is excellent, and always goes above and beyond. My only complaint is the pay is a little low, but the work from home option makes up for this. Benefits are good, and affordable.
Pros
Management works hard, and does a great job.
Cons
Pay is below average
Medcor - San Diego Zoo
Occupational health tech- paramedic (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 14, 2017
Leadership at the zoo is very poor. The two full time employees that train employees are both very disgruntled employees and it reflects on their poor attitudes. The manager himself displays poor leadership skills and expects things that aren’t possible to achieve. The pay is decent, the hours are long, but I would not recommend working here. Their extremely high turnover rate reflects the poor leadership.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No lunch break, not allowed to leave the office, unresoanlsbe expectations
Mass exodus underway
Corporate Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 10, 2017
It makes me sad to see the direction this company is going. Know going in that this is a family business - if you aren't related to the owners or other top executives, you are very disposable. If you are related, congratulations!! You will be granted a supervisory position and handsome salary, regardless of your experience and knowledge. Complete departments have seen turnover within the past couple years. Instead of replacing key team members, their job duties are simply piled on the remaining workers. You can be granted a promotion if your primary skill is brown-nosing and kissing up - that is the primary way to advance at Medcor. My experience was initially very positive, I loved my job and co-workers. The negative atmosphere has developed within the past two years, but is not acknowledged by management. You can't change what you don't see.
Pros
Encourage healthy living, allow daily walks, many good people
Cons
Toxic culture, high turnover, unrealistic work load
Medcor Review
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILJuly 28, 2017
Medcor is not a bad company to work for. Management seems to want to help but will not listen to solutions. This is a smaller company that is continuing to grow. They do need to hire more help. Workers seem bogged down and very micromanaged.
Pros
Summer BBQ's Wellness program that reimburses
Cons
Management, long hours and stressful workloads
Can be a fun work enviroment but is also very hostile
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 9, 2017
The enviroment in this company can be very hostile, you go in to work never knowing what to expect. Managers are on top of you for petty things such as gossip that goes around that may or not be true and don't focus on what is truely imortant such as working.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Managment
Excelent
Occupational Health Technician (UDS BAT) (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 22, 2017
work with excellent people. Unfortunately when jobs are over it is always uncertain weather or not you will continue with the company.
But overall, the staff are wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medcor, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight