MedData Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Patient Advocate Representative (Former Employee) –  Munster, INSeptember 3, 2019
It was a great environment especially hospital based. Great coworkers and great patients. Some days were rough but it was an over all good experience.
Big no
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 1, 2019
This company has the highest
micro-managing to employees, employees are treated based on favoritism and not performance, they're the worst company, and EEO should be notified to investigate how employees are treated,
High turnover
Na (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 25, 2019
There is alot of favoritism in mamagement. Promotions are rarely based on talent and more on who is most liked. They offer annual reviews for raises but the raises are only ever about 15cents. There is alot of turnover. They do give generous pto time, and the medical benefits are good.
Overall management team was not honest regarding job performance
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 17, 2019
The culture is one of encouragement and coaching, however, it doesn't take long to realize it's fake. I saw people who needed a little extra help after training and while it was provided they later were called into hr. The supervisor told them not to worry about getting fired when they knew that's exactly what was going on.
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 17, 2019
This company started off as a great place to work. Over the years the company merged with a bigger company and all of the great things This company had to offer went out of the window. Retaliation was really big in the provider enrollment Department and the management in that department was horrible.
Great company
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 16, 2019
Meddata is a very collaborative company to work for. The team atmosphere, the pay and benefits, as well as the fast pace, make days go by quick. There is always an opportunity to learn and paid training is a priority.
Pros
Benefits, schedule, training
Cons
Not in every state so transferring can be difficult
Loved the atmosphere of the job setting, very laid back, but........
Not Willing to Share (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2019
At first I really liked it but then the training started and everything changed including the instructors. They chose who their favorites were from day one moving forward. I felt like I was excluded because It was made very clear that I was not obnoxiously loud or talk above everyone so I could be heard. Not to mention talk about other employees and make fun of them. I gave the job a couple of months to change and see if being out on the floor performing would be any different than being in the training room and it did not. My manager also had favorites and basically all the new people were the ones performing during the first part of the day while the 2nd part they’d help but most would be logged into something else while the new ones would be stressing on how to word or do their job correctly or confidently.
The work is very independent but the management is awful.
Billing/Appeals Trainer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 3, 2019
I wish I could have worked there for longer but I started to cry every day I had to go in. The management is so awful, and they never hire from within. Always outside hires who know nothing, or if it is an inside hire they come from a different team where they know nothing. I had to teach my team lead how to do everything, and I was put into a training role and never once got offered a pay raise. People hired on before and after me made more when I had the most experience. If you can avoid working here, please please do.
Pros
The work you do is nice
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work
Intake Advocate (Current Employee) –  Crescent City, CAAugust 2, 2019
The only reason I didn't stick it out is because I had applied for a temp job. If I had applied for a full-time permanent job I would have stayed. I loved the people I trained with at Anaheim and work with. Because the hospital I worked at is very tiny I was the only advocate there so it can get lonely sometimes. Other than that I absolutely love it here.
MedData
Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 1, 2019
Overall a good place to work, but really the culture is to work with as few heads as possible because you never know when the next acquisition or sale will be. Hasn’t been too fun in the last few years.
Not good
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2019
To much to learn in a short time. It's either you get it or you don't. I would not work there again. They let 40 people go and they have an ad up that they are hiring. Really how.
Beware!
Intake Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 27, 2019
Very stressful everyday. Employees are not properly trained. Questions aren’t welcome by management. Rare PTO approvals. Call outs are stressful. Must call manager upon late arrival and management scolds employees. Must keep time log. Company system does not properly notate time input. Horrible FMLA leave programs. Travel is required. Hospital staff very rude at times. Non team environment! Raises are rarely given. Great work experience gained here!
Pros
Gain work experience
Cons
Unorganized company with many downsides
Great place to work.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2019
The people are great here. Management works with you if there are issues and a not afraid to take feedback, or have an employee offer ideas to improve. It is a call center so you are on the phones, but the just is not that stressful for the most part. Just like any other job you get the occasional irate person, but if you need help it is available. They have great medical/dental insurance, and the training is good. They also do refreshers of the training periodically so you are getting updated if something is going to be changing before it does.
Pros
healthcare, training, company culture
Cons
no real overtime
Horrible management
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 22, 2019
If you are friends with management, you can get away with anything. Favoritism is very obvious at the Tulsa facility. Management is selfish and only cares about their numbers and how they look to the client. They don’t care about their employees. HR has been called multiple times about same issues and they do nothing about it. Always short staffed. They lose the good employees bc the company would rather keep the management they have than listen to employees. After a while, you either stop caring or you quit.
A good company, just not the right fit.
Senior Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 19, 2019
There are really good people at this company and there is room for advancement just not in the office I work in. I need to move up now. Recent management changes have been mixed. Some outstanding, some come with drama. There are a lot of women. We need more men in our office. Most people have families so there is a family vibe, which is awesome.
I'm treated like a living person
Telecommunications Agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2019
After working 11 years in retail and telecommunications at various others jobs this is one of the only companies of not the only company that treats me like a living person, not a number. They not only treat me well in past and benefits but the supervisors all make sure to treat me with respect.
Pros
Medical benefits, dental, vision, good pay, Ice machine, WiFi, Free use of computers and printer, comfy lunch room with indoor and outdoor area, good lay off benefits should that happen
Cons
Short breaks
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2019
I enjoy working at Meddata everyone is friendly. The management team checks in and provides feedback on goals set. The best part of my job is being able to help people that need assistance and getting paid for it.
Somewhat boredom at times and stressful
Bilingual Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYJuly 11, 2019
Job is alright at times just no advancement unless you plan to relocate. Certain time of the year is really slow and other times your stresses out by upper management to do more then you are required to do.
Ehhh it’s alright
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 10, 2019
They aren’t too bad management could use some work all around but other then that they aren’t too bad. I love their flexibility and you can come in super early as well which is nice.
Pros
Very flexible with your schedule which is amazing
Cons
Management and drama is sooo bad here
A Great Place to learn Knowledge of a Mental Faciltity
Hospital Intake Advocate (Per Diem) TEMP (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2019
Working for MedData was great! Being able to help provide families with healthcare and assuring patients that they will be eligible for Med-Cal. I send my best wishes to all my past managers and thank you for the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedData. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight