MedData
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

MedData Employee Reviews

The work is somewhat easy at times once you are used to your typical day. However, it can be a lot of work with minimum pay. No room for career growth and pay raises are the bare minimum.
Management is all over the place ! You will be moved from one project without notice and no proper training. Pay is WAY below average. Def over worked and underpaid
Pros
Friends, floating holidays
Cons
Assisting patients with gaining medical insurance is so rewarding. Families and individuals need it so I work hard in my job performance for that to happen. It is and has never been the patients why this company is substandard, it's the company. The company's training is terrible! The company does not have uniformed training. It's a learn-as-you-go environment. You will be informed of everything that you do wrong and seldom what you do right. Education means nothing to this company. It is who you know...ALWAYS! There is so much nepotism with this company so brace yourself. I have never worked with so many bullies in one company ever. It's sad because this company has great potential. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that if they like you, they like you but it they don't, they will go through great lengths to figure out a way to let you go. I am sure that they will figure out who I am and somehow, fire me. But I am actually hoping that the company will see this and make improvements instead of going after my position.
Pros
Assisting people who really need the services
Cons
Poor management, poor communication, poor training, politics and lots of favoritism
Great job! Just don’t treat a patient as a number: you will be handed a big list of patients to call and you have to keep calling them daily to assist with their applications.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Work can get repetitive.
Not secured. Employees get let go when company loses business and positions get downgraded. Don’t appreciate u. No bonuses on holidays. Fake promises.
Pros
Nice co-workers, ok work environment, learn medical billing
Cons
pay, higher management, no over time, training
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The advocate position has no on site supervisor, after 2 weeks of training you are basically on your own. Manager responds to questions but you really need to be someone that can figure things out on their own for this job.
Management only cares about themselves and there’s a lot of favoritism, they are two-faced and talk about employees behind their back. They say their focus is the patient but they only care about hitting goals. I was there for a little over a year and have seen a huge turn over. It’s not a company you can grow in.
Pros
Sometimes management will buy lunch
Cons
No PPE at hospital, constantly exposed to covid, favoritism
This is a horrible place to work and it us pretty much a giant drama fest! everyone talks about everyone. do not get yourself sucked into this place!
Pros
Cons
everything
I was initially working for a much smaller company the Meddata bought. we went from a very tight, supportive, family-style work environment to lay-offs and massively increased work load. Very soon after they encountered their own financial problems from buying up too many smaller business like ours and their investor backed out. The new investor immediately made noises about cutting the fat. No more overtime to try and catch up already understaffed work queues, increasing work load, and the last pay raise was already nearly non-existent. The starting pay is decent for only needing basic office skills, but the number and complexity of tasks they ask you to jungle, at least in my department, where far above that pay. Left this year shortly after the new investor came on, so don't know what changes they have officially implemented, but none of them boded for good.
Pros
Decent pay for only really requiring general office skills.
Cons
No work/life balance or ability to adjust your schedule, under paid for the amount of work.
I learned a lot about how the healthcare system works. I also learned a lot about healthcare in general while covering a wide variety of units at the hospital. I loved my job initially, and loved making a difference in people's lives. Management was very poor at my location... I saw a total of 9 employees quit while I was there. They don't value their employees at this company, they just push more and more work on them. Eventually, I just got tired... Tired of feeling unappreciated, tired of the low wages and tired of doing the same thing every day. I loved my coworkers though! This is a good position for about 1 year or so.. Learn what you can and leave!
The job initially was great; they made work fun and exciting. Then the work started to be all over the place and never kept people on the same projects. There was one reliable manager in my department but everyone else seemed confused and not aware of a lot of things.
Pros
Break and lunch times, nice office, low pay
Cons
No support from mgmt, inconsistent work/structure
The company is failing as a whole. They are asking supervisors to step down. they could careless about the patient. If you dont mind being yelled at for others mistakes this may be the job for you. they may make you feel replaceable but they can't keep employees to save a life.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay, Management, lack of support
There is no support from management, Training is horrible, They rely on other team member to train you even though they may or not be correctly trained. Once you are on your own that all. No additional support just pushed to meet an unobtainable set of numbers. If you struggle to maintain the number while maintaining quality too bad so sad. You are forces to figure it out on your own. Then there is someone who get to take the time to put your work under a microscope and tell you every little mistake you've made with no help to do better. They want you to come to them with your struggles and if not they just assume you are messing on purpose and being lazy. The manager couldn't care less, she gets more and more money and gives you less and less support. The QA lead looks for worst work to score so that you always look bad. They gave the company an 8 hour reward time off but you are forced to use it when sick, so it's not really a reward
Pros
nothing
Cons
the enttire management
Don't really want to tell the negative things. Thank you..over all its a job and I am thankful to God for having a job. Dont know what more to say other than need more pay. I'm the ones that weren't lucky to work at home. I still work at the hospital.
Pros
communication with resources
Cons
Pay rate and work environment
● OverallNice company to work for most supervisors are wonderful and try to help you really get the hang of it. The vp of this meddata office is a rock star and so caring
Great Company - Horrible department to work for. They got a new Director that came from another company and is bringing in all of her Co Workers and weeding out the Senior Employees, coming up with any excuse to get rid of them so she can bring in her Co Workers. They don't pay nearly anything. You can get the same job else where that pays more and they don't expect your blood. They are just about quantity never quality which is why nothing ever gets completed correctly. I would never recommend the OOS Department. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!! Get rid of the current Management for people who actually care about their Employees and you will probably be successful.
Worst place to work, pay is terrible , more work than what you’re actually paid for. They expect you to carry huge case load with no over time to finish everything in a timely manner. Management has changed in the last year and is currently terrible, they have not been trained well to carry a team. I would only suggest taking this job if you were desperate for a job. No room to grow in this company
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay for the amount of work
Good company, high expectations, must have good comprehension skills and time management. Not for everyone, must like to help people. Only bad thing is pay, based on responsibilities should pay more. The company is contracted by hospitals so due to COVID not many referrals so hours are cut drastically.
Pros
Flexible, good management
Cons
Pay, micromanage
Here are a few points complied together that past and present employees have said about MedData in Duluth: 1. You will be doing a ton of overtime. People will call in alot and you will end up working holidays or vacation time will not be approved. 2. They play favoritism with increases. You could work there for years and be the lowest paid employee on the team the whole time. To cover it up, they will tell you not to speak about pay to other employees. They would rather give you more work then give you an increase or promotion. 3. If you are an administrator or a job along that line, you will be treated differently from higher management. 4. Management holds grudges and retaliates on people they dont like. Management falsifies information and held meetings just to tell everyone how one person messed up, and would state their name in meetings (yes more then once). HR has looked the other way on HIPPA violations and claims of harassment. Huge amount of favoritism. One person will get written up for something, but if someone that higher management likes does it, they get away with it. 5. You will be alright as long as you stay an hourly employee and get your work done on time. 6. Co-workers will pretend to like you and then throw you under the bus just to get in good grace with management. 7. You will feel behind all the time. You will feel like you cant catch up with the amount of work they pile onto one person. 8. Very little encouragement. Youll mostly get told what you need to do better.
Pros
It will feel good helping people.
Cons
Poor work environment, poor management, favoritism, and doesnt take violations seriously.
They are a lot of food. They had contests. But no proper training. The team lead talked to much. The manager didn't manage. Treated employees badly. She was always right God forbid you over stepped her.
Came into this position experienced in patient advocacy and was still treated like I knew nothing. Management appeared helpful at first, and then became abusive. Called our work “trash” and would talk about employees behind their back to other teammates. Horrible work environment, happy to leave.
  1. Employee Reviews