Medely

United States107 reviews

Medely insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great travel assignments. Not enough local assignments.

Great agency to work for, but the assignments can be hard to get most of the time. Also needs a better website or portal to help with new assignments.

I very happy with my recruiter currently .

Medley has offered me the flexibility of being able to manage both my professional and personal life , it has been amazing !Nursing is very diverse and has allowed me the chance to take advantage of new opportunities to enrich my career .For the most part Medley staff are reachable and extremely patient and kind .

I’m able to do job work and life balance

Very happy with the job opportunities, you get to work in all surgical services such as orthopedic, gyn, plastic, laparoscopic…on per-diem basis, or you may take a 13 week assignment when you are ready to do so.

Pros

it’s great opportunity for someone who would like to work on per-diem basis, or take a 13 week travel assignment.

Cons

Friendly, supportive coworkers. Our product is great and is making a difference in people's lives.

For the most part, this is a terrific place to work: people are friendly, they support each other and care about what we are trying to accomplish. This is a start up environment and things can change quickly. If you enjoy that, then this could be a good fit for you.

Pros

Remote work, friendly coworkers, people really want to get to know everyone, lots of time off provided

Cons

Benefits could be better, but they are improving

Amazing place to work with growth opportunities!

This has been my favorite company to work for. I am thankful every day that I got the opportunity to work with Medely. Employees are treated fairly and given acknowledgment for accomplishments. Even remote, the work environment is always positive and helpful. Management is great and always there to listen to new ideas and answer any questions. The company is always growing and thinking of the best ways to grow with the changes.

Pros

Remote, work life valance, compensation

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Go to work, do your job, and get paid a good wage.

If you work for Medely, you are an independent contractor. Adding on, you don't have a set location to go to work; basically, you sign up for an available job and report to the location listed in the job details. As a result, there is no work environment save the environment that is already established at your designated healthcare facility. That being said, your job is pretty straight forward: go to your assigned location, report to the managing director, and do your assigned duties as directed. Lastly, although Medely does not offer any benefits, they do offer a relatively competitive pay.

Pros

Good pay, Some jobs will pay for certain expenses when working a travel assignment (i.e. food and lodging, mileage, etc.)

Cons

No other benefits (i.e. 401k, health insurance, etc.)

Great support & income

Medeley is the best! Support is always available. They negotiate your contracts for you making the process hassle free. Medely staff is professional, polite, and friendly. I'm very happy to be on the Medeley team!

Great team and culture!

Medely is a breath of fresh air! Working in healthcare for over a decade, it is refreshing to work in an environment with a culture that encourages growth and learning, while staying dedicated to our mission and servicing communities in need! I am excited about the growth of this organization! There are only 5 stars or else I would give it more!

Pros

Flexibility, work/life balance, culture.

Compliance and Recruiting

My experience has been above par with this agency. Every department from Compliance to my recruiter to payroll has been exceptional! I highly recommend!

Pros

Sign in bonus, relaxed yet professional attitudes, understanding, very positive, immediate problem resolve

Cons

Happy, safe and enjoyable workplace

I love the company I work for. My recruiter was available anytime of the day or night. The staff made my job fun and happy to come to work. I love it here.

Contract work, you determine your schedules, great variety!

I love Medley and the VERY different concept from the old version of "agency" nursing. I do 100% believe that this environment is not for everyone, by far! How rewarding and amazing it can be is DIRECTLY proportionate to the effort you put in, professionalism you display, and ultimately combined with your knowledge, ability and experience. I would not have had the same experience if I would have done this several years ago. You have a large influence on your own outcomes and success at each facility. Flexibility, adaptability, and being able to work autonomously are VITAL skills to making this rewarding! I've developed amazing relationships and continued to return to facilities as "requested" staff, and I have also been able to pick up shifts and learn that I didn't want to work somewhere I was previously interested in. The Medley staff is very responsive and have always made me feel very supported when I have needed them! I don't think this is a great idea for "newer" nurse- just my honest opinion, but I fully believe that personality is almost as important as experience in these settings!

Pros

*Set your schedule, availability to make bonus pay, ability to compare different facilities from an inside perspective-far more than just an interview, not getting sucked into the bureaucracy/drama/politics at facilities, the list goes on...

Cons

Heavy work loads (they only bring in agency when its REALLY needed), lack of trust/respect in some facilities until you can "prove" yourself, obviously 1099 status/no benefits, no comradarie with staff initially- all facility dependent

Great communication

Supportive positive staff available to answer and questions and available to reach out to the facility when needed. Great communication by the recruitment team checking in to assess any concerns with the job.

Traveling is Rewarding

I enjoyed my first experience as a contract employee of Medely . Everything went so smooth. The people were all so friendly. I had plenty of support staff to assist if I needed help. So an awesome group.

Pros

Time in a half

Cons

cancel shifts

Medely

You work as Independent contractor, as per Medely's terms ans conditions. Not an agency but a platform to sign up for shifts after you pass onboarding with your documents and credentials. You schedule yourself for shifts easily. Get paid fast within 2 to 5 days. However the pay doesn't take taxes out so you have to deal with that at tax time.

Pros

Very flexible schedule. Can work at different locations. Get paid fast.

Cons

Taxes not taken out, have to do 1099 form at tax time

good service

was looking to make some extra money on prn work and this has been a great option. Haven't done many assignments yet but so far so good. The company is good at answering questions as well.

Pros

flexible, good money

Cons

be quick to get jobs

Great and Flexible

I started Medely this year and it has been great. I've done two assignments and it has been great overall. When I've emailed or called Medely regarding any questions they have been super helpful, except for maybe one instance but other than they are great. The pay is great and your paycheck is always on time. Setting everything up online is easy. I do use the web browser instead of the app because I was instructed to do so. I did refer some other co-workers to Medely and so far they like it. They did experience issues with the app itself but I told them to use the browser. If you are looking for extra income this is the way to go.

Pros

paid through lunch

Cons

i only had to deal with one unhelpful agent

Great work environment, great flexiblility

You can work when you want, for who you want. The pay is above average for CSTs. Picking up a shifts can be difficult sometimes (tip: cultivate a wide range of surgical specialties first to get the most job options. Yes, this job requires years of real experience or you'll have a bad time.), but recently (2021), my local HC market is dying for help. The facilities usually give you easy tasks with friendly doctors. Of course they would! They need your help and they want you to come back to help them out! If you work for a facility that has a toxic work environment, that's cool! It was just one day! Don't go back there and let them twist in the wind! Being an employee with all this flexibility to choose your work environment is beyond liberating. I'd highly recommend Medely.

Pros

Easy cases with friendly docs most of the time.

Cons

You need several years of experience.

This company is the best I've ever worked for

If you are looking for flexibility and an equal work/life balance, this is the place for you! I have loved every bit of my 2 year tenure here and I would encourage you to take a look at our openings. There is always room for exponential growth with Medely. Not only that, but management is 100% supportive of you as an employee, but even better, as a human. Check us out :)

Pros

Flexibility, growth, pay

rn

You have to be quick when jobs appears and quickly submit for it. once you have it, you have to work the shift. You clock in on your phone and clock out on your phone. its convenient. hours are short at the surgery centers.

Pros

flexibility, short days, fast money

Cons

somestimes no lunch and no chair to sit up preop

Amazing and supportive place to work!

Medely is hands down the best job I've ever had! The comfort of working remotely and the work life balance that is encouraged is an amazing change for me. Everyone in the entire company is unbelievably supportive and encouraging. The entire Medely fam is always ready and eager to do what is best to help their fellow coworker and the overall good of Medely!

Great per diem company to work for

I love the flexibility of choosing what days or shifts I want to work. The medley team are very responsive to questions and guidance. I love that I get paid twice a week and get time and a half after eight hours or double time after 12 hours of work. Facilities are happy to have the help with staffing and are very accommodating. However, if you do end up going to a place you do not want to return to, all you have to do is inform Medely and you will no longer get requests or posts for that job. Jobs show up on the app and are easy to book.

Pros

Pay, flexibility of shifts, easy to use app, company support

Cons

May not get breaks, you don't know what facility you accepted the job for until you book.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medely. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3