Medestar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It’s a no for me.
Physician recruiter (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 20, 2018
First and foremost, this is a sales job where you are going to be making 80+ calls a day competing against other coworkers on contacting candidates first in hopes of filling a job. They are heavy on you making your dials and hitting goals and tend to let go of individuals who are underperforming very quickly. The only way you can succeed in a sales role is with proper training in which they are lacking heavily in some areas. If you are new grad looking for a possible career or someone who truly enjoys sales, this could be a fit for you but other than that it’s just going to be a paycheck.

Work culture for the most part is pretty chill but there tends to be a lot of gossip amongst managers and account managers and some recruiters who are blindly assigned to mentor/coach newer employees by the managers who are nothing more than micromanagers that send passive aggressive emails/messages non stop and run to the supervisor to let them know when you came in, when you leave, and how many times you get up from your desk in a day.
Pros
Great work environment, culture, and employees
Cons
High turnover rate, gossip, saturated candidate pool, accrued pro at a rate of 4.65 hours bi weekly
Official response from Medestar
March 29, 2018

We regret that this did not result into a long-term career opportunity for you. As an organization we pride ourselves on being transparent during the interview and selection process that this is a sales job that requires heavy attention to detail and lots of time on the phone speaking with clients and/or candidates. Competing for candidates is both an internal and external part of any staffing agency and speed to market will determine your ability to be successful. Expectations for everyone are clearly defined and we have established training programs in place depending on individual sales ability and experience.

We thank you for recognizing that we have a relaxed work environment that rewards hard work and the ability to meet sales targets. For those who are underperforming and not meeting expectations we have implemented processes to help them get back on track. Often times we have people who respond well to this additional one on one coaching, but there are other times when some employees view this as a negative experience and choose to walk away.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your remarks so we can evaluate your response to make improvements moving forward. We appreciate all that you did during your time with us and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Fun place to work.
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2017
Medestar is a great place to work with an excellent atmosphere. We work hard and play hard too! The support staff are happy to help with anything. It very much feels like a team.
Medestar Locum Tenens
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2017
Medestar focuses on the whole process from beginning to end. From helping with resume tips to listening to what the physician desires, the team is there 24/7 to be proactive and successful for the candidates we serve. The focus is on finding people who care, and I truly believe this company keeps this at the forefront of hiring decisions. The company culture is unmatched and there couldn't be a better Leadership team.
Productive fun place to work.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
Medestar is a great place to work. It was a place for me to learn how to work in the industry and get a feel for how the recruiting world works. They gave me a chance to move up and try out different rolls. The hardest part of the job would be the favoritism with the upper management.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
favoritism with the upper management.
Working in collaboration all one accord one goal detailed individualized patient care.
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2016
A typical day beginning with great nursing assessment patient forwarded to me detailed history and physical assessment. A review of all available diagnostic data interpretation and addition as needed.
The co-operation and case discussion with Supervising Physician and Co-worker Providers input lends to excellent out comes. This is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
1)They orchestrated a beautiful lavish community healthcare holiday outing.
Cons
Computer shut downs 5 times in short stay there, as in all clinic setting time restraint more needed for one or two .
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 9, 2016
M-F, 8 hr days
• Build business with Health Care facilities
• Establish and maintain relationships with clients
• Explanation of services offered and it’s benefits

great, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented co-workers

learned how conduct discussions and write emails more professionally

hardest part is being told no

most enjoyable part is the atmosphere, co-workers, competitions

management is very humble, outgoing, and cares extremely about the business and the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medestar. Our community is ready to answer.

Medestar Reviews by Location