MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Front Office Assistant / Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Over all MedExpress is an excellent place to work. The smaller staff assures everyone works together and along with a great schedule, management really cares.
Pros
Great team, good benefits, nice starting pay, excellent schedule, smaller staff
Cons
No room for promotions, No sick time, smaller staff, lack of coverage, smaller raises /bonuses
January 18, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.

Disappointed
Provider (Former Employee) –  EverywhereDecember 21, 2018
Poor, medical directors. No ethics, no morals. They will do anything they are told to do by corporate. They make excuses for lack of adequate staffing. They worry only about collecting their check every 2 weeks and patient safety be damned.
Long hours with no thank you or great job! Never hear anything except how benefits are getting worse, not getting paid for the multiple hours staying over and likely thousands of dollars not paid to you even though you deserve it. Travelling from clinic to clinic that can be 50 miles away from where you live and not be adequately compensated for the extra effort it takes to get there. PTO is a joke. In a year it adds up to basically 4 days total. Dont expect to sit and actually eat a lunch or go to the bathroom in any sort of civilized manner.
Holiday scheduling is unbalanced and unfair. You cant request days off from Nov. To January yet somehow "special" people get the days before and after off over the holidays while the rest get the lion's share. I'm not sure how that happens if you are not allowed to ask for days off.
EMR is the worst I have ever used. Time consuming, riddled with flaws and slower than sap going up a tree against gravity.
Office managers are uniquely unqualified. They do not know state or federal regulations in relation to medical practice, yet are in positions to tell physicians what to do based upon "company policy". Some of the medical directors dont even know the state or federal laws that they must follow completing paperwork, but tell the doctors under them it is ok and they do it all the time and nothing
  more... has happened to them. If the provider complains, they are threatened with creating a "hostile work environment" and reported to HR which basically tells the provider to shut up or leave.
Bonuses based upon NPS scores. Flawed, period. Rips off the providers at every level.
Raises. Only if you are one of those "special" people as mentioned previously. Otherwise it is less than 1%.
Etc, etc, etc,
Pros
Days away from work
Cons
As in review and more.
January 2, 2019

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard. Could you please send the location where you worked, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com? We will be sure to share your feedback with our team for their review.

MedExpress
Area Medical Director/Staff Physician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
I can't say enough good things about the organization. The support from leadership is amazing, every present, but not intrusive. The salary is competitive and there are many opportunities for growth and career advancement.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Office full of cruel, judgmental, whiney women with nothing better to do but trash talk coworkers and patients
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PAJanuary 24, 2019
It was basically impossible to have one positive workday at this medexpress location. Every single woman working in the clinical area is downright cruel, you basically go to work feeling like you have a target on your back. They will belittle you, deceive you, and make you feel stupid every chance they get. The front office staff is a joke, they barely even have any office assistants and half the ones they do have are incompetent. The entire workload ends up falling to the office assistants who know what they're doing, and the other office assistants end up doing absolutely nothing and never get reprimanded for it. In my time working there I worked with women who had worked there for YEARS and were asking me how to do things on my first day. It was incredibly stressful. Management is also a joke. Absolutely no breaks allowed even though you work 13 hour shifts, not even to eat and they count how many times you go to the bathroom (manager counts during the workday and then has clinical count for her after she leaves). The pay is pathetic, benefits are practically nonexistent. You get health insurance, but you also get a $10k deductible. Oh, and dont let your wallet or purse leave your side because the employees will look through it and rob you if you have cash. Worst place I have ever worked in my life.
Pros
Cons
uncomfortable work environment, manager plays favorites, no breaks at all, doesnt honor medical notes, illegal practices, hipaa violations, theft
January 29, 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to provide us with further information about your situation, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location you worked at, and concerns. Thank you in advance for providing us with this valuable feedback. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

Waste of Time
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PANovember 13, 2018
While this was a great job for 1 year...as expected things have fallen off considerably. In the Hanover facility specifically, management is GREAT but is limited by corporate decisions. This specific center is great for patient care as all of the employees go above and beyond for the patient care. Unfortunately, corporate seems to neglect this facility during flu season in that they are unwilling to provide additional providers to assist employees with a demanding workload. Employees have been leaving due to poor compensation and MedExpress inability to offer competitive wages for this area. Other medical facilities seem to be paying around $3/hr more for similar positions. Beginning 2019 medical benefits for employees have changed resulting in higher premiums and deductible of $2000-$4000 which requires satisfaction before coverage will kick in for physician visits. It seems that MedExpress doesn't value employees as much as they did previously. The company is not headed in a good direction regarding employees. Its the McDonalds of Healthcare.
3 13 hour shifts a week
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 13, 2018
The hours and schedule was the best part of this job. Excellent health care benefits. Management fell short and delegated tasks to the RNs when not in their job description.
Pros
Flexible schedule, patient care, beautiful favcility
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

I enjoy the job but feel the manager is not the best for the position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2018
Typical day is greeting and checking in patients, verifying insurance and demographic info, following up on patients through a 3 day call back, assisting office and clinical staff
Pros
outstanding benefits
Cons
poor management
November 8, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.

Medexpress
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Great company and great with their patients. Close to home so made it easy to get to work. Salary was great.Urgent Care so open everyday of the year except Christmas and Thanksgiving
January 8, 2019

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We're glad you were part of the team!

good place to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2019
decent pay good benefits good balance of work/ family life, center manager is easy to work with as far as needing time off or schedule flexability. It is a very chill place to work for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only 3 days a week
February 11, 2019

Thanks for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Compassionate, team oriented
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, PADecember 18, 2018
The center manager is phenomenal. The team is awesome. Everyone works well as a team. Go above and beyond to accommodate time off or emergencies that arise in personal life. You never feel overwhelmed or alone. You are never talked down upon, and someone always has an answer. Great benefits, great team, great work work place.
Pros
coworkers, benefits, days, hours, time off, boss
Cons
grumpy patients
January 2, 2019

Shameful Medical Benefits
Medical Scribe/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 13, 2018
Working in a medical environment should afford employees better health care coverage options. Monthly premiums are $200 and everything except preventative medicine is subjected to $2000. - $4000 deductibles. Great people leave MedExpress often because of low compensation and now the benefits are too costly.
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. If you are interested in discussing further, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

I really enjoy working here
RN (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 20, 2018
MedExpress is a great place to work. Good work environment. Plenty of staff. Decent pay. I am only part time, so I don't have benefits. I have heard they are pretty good though.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
September 21, 2018

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We’re glad to have you as part of the team.

Medexpress is amazing
Radiological Technologist/ Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 2, 2018
Medexpress urgent care is ana mazing place to work! great benefits, 401k matching up to 5% gym membership and great medical benefits, flexible schedule, 12 hour days are tough but only 3 days a week is amazing
Pros
everything
Cons
12 hour days 8-8
October 4, 2018

We appreciate your feedback regarding our benefits. We strive to be competitive in our industry and offer the best to our team – so it’s great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Ridiculous expectations with no incentives nor rewards
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 11, 2018
Working 12+ hr shifts is not for everyone, but I happen to really enjoy it, gives me days to do fun things. My center managers are VERY nice, helpful, and always have my back. The employees are AWESOME to work with and trust worthy.
However; upper management and the overall company are TERRIBLE.
They definitely care more about money than the actual patient care, bills to patients often wrong and FOA's have to fix them, we are not equipped well enough to perform our duties in a quick and smooth manner, no raises, no lunch most days, they literally TELL YOU WHAT TO SAY to patients and want you to "stick to their script", rate your performance based on things you have zero control over, and overall work flow is ridiculous. I stay because of the hours and people.
Pros
clean, my managers, co-workers
Cons
literally everything else
August 28, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your frustration. If you’d like to provide us with further details, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  NowheresvilleAugust 3, 2018
No work life balance. Way under paid. There is no good recognition. Raises are a joke. People just getting hired make more than people who have been with the company for years.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
August 28, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the compensation and benefits at MedExpress. We'll be sure to share your note with our team for their review.

Management, pay
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 7, 2018
Poor management, raises are less than cost of living, earned time takes you a year to build up for vacation and you can only get up to 2 weeks, if you call out, it has to be within 2 hours of your shift.
Overall good place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 19, 2018
Long shifts allow you to be able to enjoy more days off. You will learn new skills. Work days are never boring because there is always variety. The company provides decent benefits.
Pros
Decent benefits, new skills, more days off, free snacks
Cons
Long shifts can be tiring
September 20, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care. We couldn’t be happier that you’re on our team!

Bad Management
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJune 11, 2018
Environment is so bad and turnover is extremely high. Can’t keep employees. Most quit within a week, forcing remaining employees to work long hours. Also no breaks or lunches for front office staff even when working for 13 to 14 hour shifts. This was addressed with management but was told that’s just the way it is and that they don’t have enough staff to give lunches or breaks. They irony is that center manager, who is on salary, leaves for lunch most days at 2pm and doesn’t return.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Overworked and starving for little pay
June 12, 2018

June 13, 2018

Great coworkers, poor management
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 2, 2018
Great coworkers. Fast paced. poor management, no work life balance, expernsive benefits, short lunches for such long Shifts, compensation is not great considering the work load
June 5, 2018

n/a
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 28, 2018
I was only employed with the company for a short time however I was able to make an assessment with no problem. They want to get each person to do the job of 4 without fair compensation. You get hired as an xray tech but you end up doing vitals, drawing blood, giving flu test and shots also they force you to learn and administer drug and alcohol test.
For goodness sakes just hire the proper people to do these things because the mini training that you go through honestly does not prepare the staff to do all the things they put on us properly.
Pros
can learn new things if open
Cons
over worked, under paid
August 28, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight