MedExpress Urgent Care

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Easy and fast paced

On hands and simple great team to work for not much complaints patients through COVID is a hit or miss but overall if you have a cool head you can get through it

Each office has a different feel the one I work at we tend to make it fun but the turn over is a lot.

Overall I love working for medexpress just the hours can be no so flexible . Some days the patient load is overwhelming . But other days it can be super slow. You just never know what you get from day to day .

Pros

They pay well to work ot

Cons

Short staffed

Not worth the stress

I worked there for 6 months and I hated my life after 2 the drama is constant. The manger makes your life more stressful by listening in on your conversations she also talks bad about coworkers to other coworkers it’s a very toxic environment

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Everything else

Very hectic with COVID right now, but overall a good environment. I wish there was more of a team vibe and accountability but there are definitely peers there who look out for each other.

fast paced, busy place, friendly staff

Medexpress is an extremely busy urgent care. Staff is great, very friendly, and fun to work with. Phones constantly ringing and you have to be able to deal with emergencies. Nice place to work but can be stressful at times.

Pros

great staff, benefits pretty good

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Professional and Enjoyable

A typical day consists of opening the center, performing quality control checks, triaging, assessing and rooming the patient. Labs are collected based upon patient need, mostly Covid-19 specimen collections at this point in time. Most clinic managers are very good. MedExpress clinics are more like a family environment, which I love. Everyone, for the most part, works as a team. A new skill I learned as an RN who came from a hospital setting, was performing Occupational Health testing and pre-employment screenings. I greatly enjoy my job and the people I work with. I wish the pay was a bit better and it would be nice to have a bonus be offered for picking up shifts. Overall, it is an enjoyable place to work. It is much less stressful than working in a hospital yet is very busy.

Pros

Family environment offer employees free snacks and beverages

Cons

Better incentives and hourly pay rates.

Like some of the people I work with. Like helping people

Don’t like current procedures. Don’t like that people can not work together and get along. Too much drama. A high disconnect at the whole establishment.

Pros

Some people

Cons

Company

Okay

okay company to work for. I love the 12 hr shifts and having 4 days off With everything going on with covid it is very stressful. The insurance sucks and so does management

Pros

hours, pay

Cons

no breaks, overworked, management

Poor management

no support to employees this was the worst job I ever had. staff are over worked and underpaid. They expect open availability and shift coverage all the time

Cons

Hostile work enviroment

Great work environment

I loved working at Medexpress, the management cared about the employees. They worked well with your schedule, or needing time off for vacation. Our location closed because it was telehealth. If it hadn’t, I would still be working there.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

They listen to everyone but you!

Gossip runs rampant in this company! It doesn't matter what you do or what you have accomplished they will tear you down if a manager who has worked there longer has something bad to say or wants your clinic! They treat their providers so poorly they won't stay more than their contract allows.

Fun workplace, family oriented

Everyone was friendly, worked as a team. Enjoyed the three day work week, was able to schedule your days off mostly (unless needed) most doctors were friendly.

Pros

Free snacks, lunches, drinks, 3day work week

Cons

Short handed, short breaks, center closed

Its ok

It is ok I liked the job the people were nice. I thought they were a good company. I would work for them again. They are fair. They buy lunch for you every ftiday

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Moved away

Good pay and work/life balance/ High turnover

The pay is higher than average for the role. You work 3 twelve hour shifts a week which is nice to have extra days off. There is a very high turnover rate which results in you constantly training and working with inexperienced individuals.

Not the best

Use it for experience and then leave. Management cares about looking good and getting bonuses. Its like a mini fiefdom and no one consistently follows company protocols.

Management not to be trusted

Management acts like they like youBut then throws you under the bus when they are in trouble. Worst place I have ever worked. They treat you goodAt first but then if youDon’t tell them every detail of what’s going on then they look forWays to fire you.

Pros

Not having to work everyday

Cons

Management is notTrustworthy

No matter how much the staff is reduced, the patient volume remains the same.

Plenty of opportunity for extra hours. Most of your time off will be spent recovering from your time on. 100mph from start to finish, minimum 13hrs a day.

Pros

Opportunity to learn new skills.

Cons

Working at a pace which can become unsafe for patients and staff.

Great company to work for

great company to work for. They pay you well. Pay you for your travels and food. Flexible schedule. Great management. Great benefits. Great PTO. Just a great company all the way around.

No support

MedExpress is a great place to start off right after school. You will learn a lot. The only problem is you get no breaks at these urgent centers. You work 12 hours shifts and barely take a break. You definitely have to look out for yourself.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

Short breaks

Best Job I've Had

Great company to work for but had more red tape after UHG took over. I became extremely close with my coworkers and that really made it a wonderful experience. Management quality varies from center to center. Had some really good ones and really not-so-good ones. I would work here again but due to the limited career advancement options, I left.

Pros

Family environment, clear responsibilities

Cons

Corporation red tape

Young kids that don’t do their jobs and get by with that behavior even after management is made aware. Very discouraging

It’s been a difficult place to work. Certain employees extremely poor attendance has been tolerated for entirely too long. Certain employees are also ‘favored’. It’s clear after a very valued employee quit recently that that kind of favoritism is slowly catching up and people are getting tired of being taken advantage of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight