MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews

MedExpress
Area Medical Director/Staff Physician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2018
I can't say enough good things about the organization. The support from leadership is amazing, every present, but not intrusive. The salary is competitive and there are many opportunities for growth and career advancement.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Peoria, IL office
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 30, 2018
Terrible management by an RT, toxic environment , closed without even being open x 1 year. Med Express sure did their Homework. Poor company to work for
Pros
snacks
Cons
unhappy MD's, unhappy NP's, terrible moral overall, long days
Horrible
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 29, 2018
I would not recommend this place. I needed surgery and I was told I have to see if I “qualify” for a leave of absence to have my surgery done and then I NEVER heard from them again. I was asking for 2 weeks off, nothing dramatic. I was also told they do not accept doctor excuses. I also was not allowed to take a break. 12 hours and absolutely no break doesn’t even seem legal. Overall a horrible company and poor management. Go work for another medical company, this one sucks!
Pros
3-4 days off a week
Cons
Management, hours, pay, no breaks
December 3, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to provide us with further information about your situation, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location you worked at, and concerns. Thank you in advance for providing us with this valuable feedback. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

Horribly run and toxic culture
RN (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 22, 2018
I have been a nurse for almost 30 years. I started working part time for MedExpress because I have 2 kids going to college and needed extra income. It is the worst company I have ever worked for. By far. Period. The first MedExpress location where I worked was closed and everyone laid off with little notice; the conversation with the staff losing their jobs was handled poorly to say the least . I was offered a part time position at a MedExpress near my home. I accepted and after 6 weeks I am ready to resign. Several of the staff members have been blatantly hostile. There is no communication whatsoever. I was told for the upcoming schedule (December) that I would only be scheduled for 1 shift. Despite repeated requests for an explanation from the manager, none has been given. The behavior of the two full time nurses and the manager seems to indicate they did not want the part time position filled so they could self-schedule and pick up extra shifts whenever they like. I am definitely made to feel unwelcome and unwanted. I am leaving as soon as possible.
Pros
12h shifts
Cons
Horrible communication. Sketchy job security. Low pay. Mecca for horizontal violence
November 26, 2018

Very productive
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2018
I learned to have so much more compassion for the ill.
I also learned the importance of sanitation.the thing I loved the most about this job was that all of my co-workers and managers were dedicated to healing and helping others. -drama free work zone loved it!
Pros
hour lunch was amazing and a set schedule
November 20, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care.

Not enough help.
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 16, 2018
They need to hire more people because they only have one nurse, one x ray tech and a provider. It is too much work on the staff and 12 hour shifts are long.
Cons
Short staffed and long hours.
November 20, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your frustration. If you’d like to provide us with further details, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

Run away from this company
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Deland, FLNovember 15, 2018
If you look up all the worst possible traits of area management, this place is the winner. Rude, disrespectful, promotes cliques and favoritism, complete and total lack of communication, expectations, just about everything. Area Management consists of yelling at team members and center manager to figure out how to do the impossible. Zero motivation, useless training, can't effectively help patients at all. If I could give a zero I would. Couldn't wait to get away, extremely unprofessional. The area manager will act like she cares and then make you feel terrible for everything. Every team member ends up leaving because of her. Run away from here do not walk.
Pros
If you are going to be homeless then maybe it would be a job till you get a new one
Cons
TERRIBLE PLACE to work! No repect! No work life balance! Always on call

Great for Entry Level With No Experience
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 15, 2018
I initially took this job part time for extra income and to gain the Front Office experience I needed for job advancement elsewhere. I gained 5 years experience processing insurance, interacting with patients, and learning how a medical facility operates. Pay is not competitive at all, a lot of turn over in the center level. Especially with Front Office Staff and Center Managers.
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.

Fun environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
Not a lot of staff working at a time, but makes for a tight knit group of people. This can be good or bad, depending on if you get a long! It was very slow paced due to low volume of patients.

3 13 hour shifts a week
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 13, 2018
The hours and schedule was the best part of this job. Excellent health care benefits. Management fell short and delegated tasks to the RNs when not in their job description.
Pros
Flexible schedule, patient care, beautiful favcility
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

Shameful Medical Benefits
Medical Scribe/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 13, 2018
Working in a medical environment should afford employees better health care coverage options. Monthly premiums are $200 and everything except preventative medicine is subjected to $2000. - $4000 deductibles. Great people leave MedExpress often because of low compensation and now the benefits are too costly.
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. If you are interested in discussing further, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

Fast paced environment.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 12, 2018
Fast-paced environment, sometimes not enough providers which makes it difficult to get the work done, but its hard to guess how many patients will be coming through the door daily.
November 13, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.

A lot of drama; lack of leadership
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 12, 2018
A lot of stress because I never knew from day to day if the office was going to close. Lack of communication from management to hourly, lack of leadership
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard. Could you please send the location where you worked, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com? We will be sure to share your feedback with our team for their review.

I enjoy the job but feel the manager is not the best for the position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2018
Typical day is greeting and checking in patients, verifying insurance and demographic info, following up on patients through a 3 day call back, assisting office and clinical staff
Pros
outstanding benefits
Cons
poor management
November 8, 2018

Great co-workers, management was very, very weak, no advancement
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MANovember 1, 2018
Always understaffed, manager never covered shifts, manager never used all of our Food Money to stock for the staff to eat. The staff was great, loved working with all of them. Applied for a transfer and never got the job because we were understaffed.
November 6, 2018

Great Place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Swansea, ILOctober 29, 2018
Great Place to work.
Management is almost willing to work with your personal schedule.
There is no vacation days but you accrue PTO. Staff members work a 12 hour day shifts,
October 30, 2018

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We're glad you were part of the team!

Good worklife balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 27, 2018
MedExpress Urgent Care has found what works for great care fast, while being genuine, caring, and friendly. We have centers in several states and many in the Pittsburg area.
Pros
Free visits to any urgent care
Cons
Not many growth opportunities
October 30, 2018

Thanks for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Super Excited to Start then Highly Disapointed
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 22, 2018
I was super excited to finally find a good fit. The training was long but easy for me, and getting into customer care was super exciting. However, the manager was super unclear about expectations, I was told that there was no "seniority" yet was always looked down upon and given such a hard time with any scheduling requests. Any concerns I tried to bring to the manager was never discussed--simply got lectured and made to feel bad for things I didn't even do. I can handle a fast paced work environment with a lot of stress IF I have the support of my management. Unfortunately I don't have that support.

I'm giving it my best for now but leaving as soon as I find a place that will respect me as an employee and a human being.
Pros
snacks, clinical staff are awesome
Cons
poor management, bad hours
October 23, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard. Could you please send the location where you work, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com? We will be sure to share your feedback with our team for their review.

Unsatisfactory
Medical Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  N Huntingdon, PAOctober 18, 2018
Long days and poor management . Lack of respect and care for their employees . Money focused and management that does not support staff . Work environment is extremely fast paced with many days not allowing for lunch breaks and usually 13-14 hour days.
October 22, 2018

Great entry level job. A little behind on salary.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAOctober 17, 2018
A great place to learn and grow as a healthcare worker. Small teams of dedicated workers. You'll help a variety of patients while servicing the community.
October 22, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight