MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews

I really enjoy working here
RN (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 20, 2018
MedExpress is a great place to work. Good work environment. Plenty of staff. Decent pay. I am only part time, so I don't have benefits. I have heard they are pretty good though.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
September 21, 2018

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We’re glad to have you as part of the team.

great room for advancement
Front office assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 18, 2018
I love working here however I need more responsibility and because of my situation a higher pay scale. It is a highly competitive company in the market place and I love the fast pace.
Pros
education
September 20, 2018

Run and don’t ever look back
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 12, 2018
When I first started with the company it was not so bad. The only thing that I will not ever understand is how they don’t have cut off times for visits. So if someone walked in at 7:59PM everyone was staying and the providers don’t get paid past 8PM. Also you are FORCED to get patients with Medicaid to leave their cards on file and if you don’t get enough guess what? You’ll never hear the end. All they care about is their numbers NOT their employees. All the managers at every location are childish some are far older and go around spreading rumors about their employees. There was a manager that basically got her entire front office staff out and another that was being racist towards employees but HR turned their heads on that one. It’s nrver enough for them instead of a good job you’ll hear what you didn’t do or could’ve done! And if you get sick or have a family emergency? Forget it! You’ll get a point for leaving. And don’t get me started on how the managers play favorites. If you don’t clock out for break you’ll also get in trouble but sometimes it’s so busy that even with 2 other people working it’s impossible to sit down and eat! Everything is always a huge issue. It’s almost like high school all over again. If you get the chance to work here don’t. They under pay you anyway
Pros
Free water, free snacks
Cons
little to no breaks
September 17, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to provide us with further information about your situation, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location you worked at, and concerns. Thank you in advance for providing us with this valuable feedback. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

long hours, short work week
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PASeptember 11, 2018
The work week or short because you only work three12 hour days. But those days could be long days if the last patient checks in at 7:59 pm (with closing time being 8PM). That puts you leaving at the earliest at 8:20-8:30. And that's if they aren't a laceration, or if they don't need a drug screen, chest x-ray or anything else. It makes a long day when you are there until 10pm after starting @ 7:38AM.
Pros
flexible schedule, work every third weekend
Cons
lots of occupational medicine
September 12, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. If you are interested in discussing further, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

Met some really awesome people but closed the center abrubtly with little notice.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VAAugust 31, 2018
Working for MedExpress over the last two years, I really enjoyed it. The coworkers and people I directly worked with in the company were some of the hardest working, caring, people I have ever met. When they closed the center without asking for ideas or ways to better the company and didn't guarantee position after closure it came as a shock to all of the employees. They did offer a severance package. They have meetings for employees but the major decisions are made before the meeting starts at a higher level.
Pros
great people on a direct level
Cons
Little notice and communication Must be flexible
Long Day of Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 30, 2018
I hated working for this company. The only good thing was the experience I gained working for them beside the experience to me it is not worth working for MedExpress.
Pros
The Experience I gained working for them.
Cons
Awful Benefit, No Breaks, Long Hours, Management does not Care for their employees, No time to EAT.
September 4, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

Front desk is either swamped or dead. There is no in between.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 30, 2018
The schedule is supposed to work where you have 3, 12 hour shifts. The front desk wound up having really inconvenient hours & would have to work till 8 pm some nights & have to be in at 8am to open. A lot of times there was only one person working upfront at a time & a nurse would have to come help & they didn't know how to work the system because if was different from the system in the back & they weren't trained on ours, because that isn't their job. It's definitely a in between job, in my opinion.
Pros
Worked with some great people
Cons
Hours, Pay, Help.
September 4, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Your opinion regarding your experience matters to us and we will take your comments into consideration.

I enjoy it
Front office assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 18, 2018
Our facility is newer...open now about 8 months. I’ve been here 4 months. It’s a great place, love our mgr, co workers for the most part are great! We are community minded.
Pros
Lunches for rewards
August 20, 2018

Thanks for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Get your running shoes on
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJAugust 14, 2018
Very fast paced, 80-100 people seen per day. Supplies run out, no team spirit among employees. RT, MA and RN's are overworked and underpaid, causes snipping and nasty attitude among employees. No appreciation or motivation from management to do a good job. Management talks about employees to other employees inappropriately. No time for breaks.
Pros
Learn to think on your feet
Cons
overworked and underpaid
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your candid response. We certainly value your opinion and take your feedback seriously. Please send the location where you worked, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com. We’ll review this information with our team.

Get your running shoes on
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJAugust 14, 2018
Very fast paced environment. See 80-100 people daily. Supplies run out, very little sit down time. 2 breaks (15min ea.) are part of the deal, but NEVER any time to take them. In a nutshell, RT,MA, RN are overworked, underpaid. Those conditions make people nasty and snippy with each other. No motivation or appreciation from management to do a good job. No team spirit.
Pros
learn to think on your feet
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, no team work. Nasty coworkers

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 11, 2018
Medexpress genuinely cares about the patients and staff. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. They have a flexible schedule and can easily switch shifts for emergencies. Managers are easy to work for.
Pros
Schedule, pay, advancements
Cons
Open every day except Christmas and Thanksgiving
August 28, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care. We couldn’t be happier that you’re on our team!

Ridiculous expectations with no incentives nor rewards
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 11, 2018
Working 12+ hr shifts is not for everyone, but I happen to really enjoy it, gives me days to do fun things. My center managers are VERY nice, helpful, and always have my back. The employees are AWESOME to work with and trust worthy.
However; upper management and the overall company are TERRIBLE.
They definitely care more about money than the actual patient care, bills to patients often wrong and FOA's have to fix them, we are not equipped well enough to perform our duties in a quick and smooth manner, no raises, no lunch most days, they literally TELL YOU WHAT TO SAY to patients and want you to "stick to their script", rate your performance based on things you have zero control over, and overall work flow is ridiculous. I stay because of the hours and people.
Pros
clean, my managers, co-workers
Cons
literally everything else
August 28, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your frustration. If you’d like to provide us with further details, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  NowheresvilleAugust 3, 2018
No work life balance. Way under paid. There is no good recognition. Raises are a joke. People just getting hired make more than people who have been with the company for years.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
August 28, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the compensation and benefits at MedExpress. We'll be sure to share your note with our team for their review.

Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time at medexpress. It was fast paced and a challenge every day. 12 hour shifts were a plus. Everyone works as a team, and there is no hierarchy.
August 28, 2018

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We're glad you were part of the team!

Medexpress Job
Billing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 1, 2018
Medexpress was a terrific place to begin my career. I started as a temp and was given a full time opportunity that sparked my career in the field I am currently in. I was young but was treated with respect and felt like I was important.

great coworkers
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 31, 2018
great co-workers
good hours
flexible hours
relaxed place to work with minimal stress
Great doctors to work with
Caring and compassionate place to work
August 1, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to offer the best to our team – so it’s great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Overall Great Experience
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 30, 2018
Although I thoroughly enjoyed working as a front office assistant at MedExpress, it would have been nice if there were more corporate jobs available. I loved the company but wished that I could have been working in my area of expertise within the company.
Pros
Great work environment, management, patient interaction
Cons
Pay, being required to work in extremely inclement weather conditions

Over the 3 shifts
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 26, 2018
management isn't the greatest, claims to be fair and is not, doesn't care about requests and has favorites. over the 3 shifts when your schedule never works out
August 28, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your concern. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.

Unstable environment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 23, 2018
Medexpress could not keep management. It was a well oiled machine. There were too many issues with management. We had no guidance but the guidance we were given with all the policies set forth.
Pros
Amazing doctors, amazing staff
Cons
Management was awful
July 24, 2018

Thanks for sharing your concern. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.

Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2018
Great learning experience. I gained majority of my knowledge in the medical field working for this company. They could use a little help with better management.
July 20, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about