MedExpress Urgent Care

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews

United States661 reviews
The low ratings I gave are explicit to very specific situations at my specific location . They in no way represent Medexpress as a whole.

Overall, this a great company, with a clear vision of today's medical needs. The mission for today and the future is aggressive and current. They provide an excellent learning platform for all staff. The company values
Pros
Schedule, values, fair pay.
Cons
Big picture - none
MedExpress subsidiary of United Health is the worst company I have ever worked for. From the get go they breeched my contract as NP provider. Horrible communication. They closed the multiple greater Houston sites without warning. However the company had been discussing for as long as 18 months. CEOs making multi million salaries without ever helping a soul. Not sure how they sleep at night. They are the main reasons why healthcare cost are a fortune! Embarrassing and they should be ashamed!
Pros
Cons
Untrustworthy and criminal.
can be extremely busy at times but my center has a great team and we work well together. it is a nice schedule, 3 12 hour shifts, great for work/life balance
Pros
free soda/water/snacks/coffee
Cons
other centers not as nice to work at
My job at medexpress has really opened me up and made my phone and communication skills even better then when I first got hired. The experience as a front office assistant has made me better with computer skills as well. I really enjoy the job.
I enjoy working for MedExpress because they care about their employees. Company has been great throughout the COVID epidemic, making sure employees are safe and making necessary accommodations for those at high risk. They did not furlough any staff despite being very slow, unlike many other health care systems.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Great People, Caring Managers
Cons
Pay Rate
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Terrible manager, she bullied me to the point where I developed a crippling anxiety disorder. This manager was reported 3+ times for her harassment, it wasn’t until three separate employees reported her that she finally “found a new job.”

Pay is not worth the amount of work you are responsible for on a daily basis. The moment you enter work at 8am there are people waiting in their cars while you unlock the doors. From that moment on, your whole day could be chaos, or it could be silent. When there is chaos, you’re the only one who suddenly knows how to do anything regarding registration, discharge, and IT. No help from the nurses or providers, since they are not trained on how to do these tasks. Some days, there are patients that arrive for lengthy procedures at 7:58pm, you are not allowed to turn them away. So, working an 8-8 shift turns into an 8-10pm shift, and then having to turn over and go at it again at 8am the next day. NOT WORTH $15.00 an hour. I worked for ME for 1 year and was offered an .18¢ raise LOL

The policies for this work place are ridiculous. The point system for the employee absences are terrible, it leaves it up to the manager to interpret which absences are legit and which aren’t. My manager lied about my absence that I got an employee to cover for me, saying it was un-excused and I received a written warning.

Training is TERRIBLE! They do not compensate the employees for training. The training material is sitting In front of a computer for three, 8hr shifts and then shadowing for two 8 hour shifts. No body actually knows what they’re doing, everyone
 - more...
Pros
When you get a full day off
Cons
Terrible management, horrible policies, stressful work environment, harassment, awful compensation
The management at my center is completely atrocious. The center manager is disrespectful, unprofessional, and degrading. The regional manager has witnessed the way she treats staff and has done nothing. The moral at my center has dropped to an all time low among center staff and providers since her arrival in May. We have had multiple people quit and more are looking for jobs elsewhere. MedExpress appears to care more about numbers and dollar signs than keeping happy, dependable, knowledgeable employees. The pay is better than most places where I live, but the benefits are terrible since United Healthcare Group took over.
Pros
12 hour shifts, 3 days a week, they keep snacks stocked pretty well
Cons
Short breaks, poor management all the way up
The company had changed management and sold out to a larger corporation(s) several times while i was employed there, otherwise, I loved working urgent care.
I still work there prn.
sounds like a great job but they treat providers as a robot u will never get help nor lunch nor break 5 patients can walk in 5 min till closing and u r forced to see them it’s horrible medical directors unsupportive
Was an ok work environment. Shifts are 12 hours and are very long, but it was nice to be able to work 3 days a week. Company was bought over and lots of clinics ended up closing.
I worked 9 hours per day, five days a week. The work place was great, along with the people. I learned how to handle the HR side of thing through the company.
Great place to work!!!!!
Benefits and pay are competitive

People are friendly and fun to work with

Work/life balance is great

Constant learning environment
I'm working at this place for 6 years , so considering good stable company, good team. The company well known and has good reputation, stable. I have good relation and communication with physician and my team at center. I enjoy my work there.
It's wasn't worth my time neither was the pay. The hours weren't flexible and they expected use to pay for things the company should've been paying for
This employer has the ability to be the premier Urgent Care provider within any region, however due to staffing this will never happen. If the staffing issue was addressed it would be a solid 10.
Medexpress was a great place to work. Lack of management made it a difficult place to work in the Bristol TN office. But the corporation itself has a lot of potential in the medical field.
This was one of my first jobs right out of X-ray school and I feel like it has helped me get more comfortable with my career and being in the medical field. Has taught me a lot about medical assisting and patient care.
My direct department is a great place to work. Direct boss makes sure you understood what was required for the job.

Jeans week- donate to Non profit
Pros
Jeans Week/Luncheon
Cons
not alot of room for advancement in the AP department
The job itself is easy but its clear that corporate could care less about its employees. Bought out by a larger company and our benefits suffered. They offered tuition assistance and then backed out. Impossible to afford medical insurance even as an employee. The only reason I made it this long is because me staff and manager are great. The company, not so much.
We were open a total of 8 months before they closed us due to lack of volume. We were all caught completely off guard. Then we were all told that there would be first consideration for any upcoming positions. (All while still opening up new clinics left and right). Worst of all was that the upper management did not seem
to care. However we did have great team that still keeps in touch!
My coworkers were great, and made the days flow great!! However, the center I worked at, was not run very well. The management was shady and then the company itself had changes and the new company didn't seem to care about their employees.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight