MedExpress Urgent Care
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

Medical Assistant45 reviews
United States45 reviews
The job is nice, three 12 hour days and you have four days off, holidays are paid off for thanksgiving and Christmas manager is great and they work well with your schedule if something unexpectedly comes up
Would not work here. Co-workers are mean and not treated very well my coworkers. Money was good and extra shifts but not fun when short handed all the time
Pros
Good money
Cons
Co-workers not pleasent at all
The best job I ever had - The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly and family felt atmosphere. Management was the best ever. Very fun and educational place to work.
Working at Med Express is a nightmare. They will not pay well but expect you to put out 300%. They burn their employees out and never find help with someone calls out due to they do not want to pay overtime because the managers would rather have their bonuses. If you are a male, you got it made due to they can get away with anything because the women managers give in. Not a fair place to work and if you value your health-RUN!!! There are plenty of other jobs out there that will pay more with no stress.
I really enjoyed working for medexpress. They have a good workflow. I like working in boston. My office was a startup. The people were nice. They did thier best.
Everyday at MedExpress was something new. Most days were busy but everyone worked as a team which made the day by fast. The management at the Harper Road location can't be beat. They made sure you were comfortable and welcome from the beginning. They took time to train you and always gave great constructive criticism. I was able to learn, grow, and expand on so many of my skills.
Pros
Great work environment, great management
Cons
Although working three 12 hour shifts with PTO and decent health benefits sounds great- this place wasn't worth the stress. I worked at a clinic that could see anywhere between 60-180 patients daily. When it is busy, you won't have time to take breaks but hounded by management to clock out. Which, being down a person on the floor means you're leaving everyone else to drown. As a MA, you're expected to triage, complete orders, do UDS & BAT, etc. You will rarely get out on time: my latest night was 11:30pm.
Pros
Three 12 hour shifts
Cons
No breaks, busy, favoritism
it was a very fun and productive place to work. we saw anywhere from 20 patients on a slow day to 120-130 on a busy day at the urgent care. every one is a team player at MedExpress.
Pros
managers provided snacks and lunches for employees on busy days
Cons
short breaks
Very fast paced work environment, get to learn new and exciting more things, get to do a lot of different things that you learned while in school, very good with working with your schedule
It is a busy place to work but the way the system is organized makes the whole process flow better. The management was excellent and very professional.
decent pay good benefits good balance of work/ family life, center manager is easy to work with as far as needing time off or schedule flexability. It is a very chill place to work for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
only 3 days a week
February 11, 2019
Thanks for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.
While this was a great job for 1 year...as expected things have fallen off considerably. In the Hanover facility specifically, management is GREAT but is limited by corporate decisions. This specific center is great for patient care as all of the employees go above and beyond for the patient care. Unfortunately, corporate seems to neglect this facility during flu season in that they are unwilling to provide additional providers to assist employees with a demanding workload. Employees have been leaving due to poor compensation and MedExpress inability to offer competitive wages for this area. Other medical facilities seem to be paying around $3/hr more for similar positions. Beginning 2019 medical benefits for employees have changed resulting in higher premiums and deductible of $2000-$4000 which requires satisfaction before coverage will kick in for physician visits. It seems that MedExpress doesn't value employees as much as they did previously. The company is not headed in a good direction regarding employees. Its the McDonalds of Healthcare.
Would open in the morning and receive all lab paper work and attach to request for doctor to review when he are she arrives do QA on urinalysis machine and other equipment in lab area prepare rooms and stock supply’s in exam rooms
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to learn
Cons
Managment
October 16, 2018
Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.
I hated working for this company. The only good thing was the experience I gained working for them beside the experience to me it is not worth working for MedExpress.
Pros
The Experience I gained working for them.
Cons
Awful Benefit, No Breaks, Long Hours, Management does not Care for their employees, No time to EAT.
September 4, 2018
Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.
Very fast paced, 80-100 people seen per day. Supplies run out, no team spirit among employees. RT, MA and RN's are overworked and underpaid, causes snipping and nasty attitude among employees. No appreciation or motivation from management to do a good job. Management talks about employees to other employees inappropriately. No time for breaks.
Pros
Learn to think on your feet
Cons
overworked and underpaid
August 16, 2018
Thank you for your candid response. We certainly value your opinion and take your feedback seriously. Please send the location where you worked, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com. We’ll review this information with our team.
Medexpress could not keep management. It was a well oiled machine. There were too many issues with management. We had no guidance but the guidance we were given with all the policies set forth.
Pros
Amazing doctors, amazing staff
Cons
Management was awful
July 24, 2018
Thanks for sharing your concern. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.
Great learning experience. I gained majority of my knowledge in the medical field working for this company. They could use a little help with better management.
July 20, 2018
We appreciate your feedback. We strive to offer the best to our team – so it’s great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.
I currently work at a Medexpress worksite clinic, which is a family practice clinic as opposed to their more common urgent care centers. I have worked at many family practice clinics thoughout the Twin Cities and this is the best. This is a great place to work! It is a respectful and positive workplace that really focuses on working as a team. Both fulfilling and challenging, I would highly recommend Medexpress Worksites Clinics, plus no nights/weekends/holidays! Can’t beat that!!
Pros
Great hours, beautiful facilities, great team
Cons
None!
June 25, 2018
Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care. We couldn’t be happier that you’re on our team!
Great coworkers. Fast paced. poor management, no work life balance, expernsive benefits, short lunches for such long Shifts, compensation is not great considering the work load
June 5, 2018
Life/ Balance and the team I worked with were the greatest things about this place. The pay is not good and below average.......................................
Pros
2-3-4 days off a week
Cons
Pay
All your training is on the computer that the company doesn’t give you time actually to do. The people I worked with were really great. The reviews to get your raises is never truthful.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short breaks