MedExpress Urgent Care
59Below average

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews for Medical Office Assistant

Medical Office Assistant18 reviews
United States18 reviews
Was very proud to be a member of this company for five years. In the past year I have seen way to many situations that have occurred which made me uncomfortable.
Pros
Friendship
January 18, 2019
Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.
Over all MedExpress is an excellent place to work. The smaller staff assures everyone works together and along with a great schedule, management really cares.
Pros
Great team, good benefits, nice starting pay, excellent schedule, smaller staff
Cons
No room for promotions, No sick time, smaller staff, lack of coverage, smaller raises /bonuses
January 18, 2019
We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.
Long days and poor management . Lack of respect and care for their employees . Money focused and management that does not support staff . Work environment is extremely fast paced with many days not allowing for lunch breaks and usually 13-14 hour days.
October 22, 2018
We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to provide us with further information about your situation, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location you worked at, and concerns. Thank you in advance for providing us with this valuable feedback. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.
I enjoyed my time at medexpress. It was fast paced and a challenge every day. 12 hour shifts were a plus. Everyone works as a team, and there is no hierarchy.
August 28, 2018
We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We're glad you were part of the team!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
High volume of patients serving community businesses and members; 12 hour 3 day a week work week; opportunity for advancement for clinicians; most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to help others when they are not feeling well.
Pros
3 day work week - 12 hour day shifts, Urgent Care Visit Free coverage with insurance
Cons
Wage increases low, Healthcare benefits cost high, Lack of opportunities for growth and development for non-clinical
April 24, 2018
We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We’re glad to have you as part of the team.
The medical assistants make hardly nothing for what they are supposed to do all day. Its a very lonnnnng day if a patient comes in at 756 needs stitches and IV and we close at8 you better give them great care with a smile on your face even though you won't be getting g paid enough and you wontbe getting home at a decent time. Medexpress does not value their employees at all.
January 15, 2018
We appreciate you sharing this with us. So that we can properly address your concerns, could you please email us at HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location where you worked, and any additional feedback? We look forward to hearing from you.
I LOVED working at MedExpress. The pay was much lower than I expected and insurance was kind of expensive, but the people you work with and the work you do is great! Open from 8-8, usually resulted in anywhere from 12-14 hour work days, but you only worked 3 days a week. We did have a lot of available over time since we were short staffed, so I worked 5-6 days a week when available. There was some issues with management and miscommunication to the staff such as correct policy’s and procedures, but other than that, management and coworkers were great as was working for the company.
Pros
The work environment
Cons
Pay, expensive benefits
November 14, 2017
We’re glad to hear about your positive experience with your fellow team members. We believe our teams represent the best talent, and it’s nice to hear you agree!
loved everyone that I worked with. loved working that three 12 hour shifts. and being able to work front office and medical assistant In the back office!
Pros
three 12 hr shifts
Cons
30 min lunch break
This job was very relaxed. My co-workers at the time were not the best, however I feel that may have just been the location. I felt the company itself respected their employees, and treated us very well. I felt valued within this company. Great hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MedExpress Urgent Care?
Very busy place to work. I learned alot because it was an urgent care facility so I was able to experience all kinds of emergencies. Management was awesome to work for. They were friendly and understanding. The hardest pat of the job was just learning the flow of the office at the beginning. The most enjoyable part was everyone was there to help each other throughout our 12 hour work shift.
MedExpress is a fun, fast-paced environment that I enjoy working at. However, they are not very flexible with the schedule. I got hired to work 2 days a week, but they are scheduling me 3-4 days a week.
Always has a great bedside manner and knows how to comfort his patients. Not the best man to work for but a good man none the less. Couldn't pick a better OBGYN.
typical work day would be 3 days a week 12hr days. Might have time for a 30 minute break. Co-workers are fun to work with, a lot of turn around, been with company for 10yrs and seen people come and go.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
Very busy place to work.
Co-workers worked as a team.

Hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts.

Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people.

Management was very good, center manager very experienced.
Pros
Well furnished kitchen for the employees.
Cons
Long work hours.
MedExpress Urgent Care is a good example for patients who need to be seen fast and be under great care. Working with in the facility, I have learned a lot about teamwork, understanding new diagnoses and collecting lab work.
Love the job and the co-workers, but the rules change with the wind to suit the situations. Not enough consistency. I love working just three 12-hour shifts a week and being off for 4 days. There is a lot of employee turnover.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks
Cons
Sometimes, no breaks
Office programs are very user friendly. Fun and cooperative staff to work with. Flexible scheduling.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
long shifts
I love how close and helpful all employees are. Its like a family, home away from home.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks