MedExpress Urgent Care
59Below average

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews for Office Assistant

Office Assistant215 reviews
United States215 reviews
A typical day at work consisted of seeing 70-90 patients. high paced environment. enjoyable job interacting with patients and helping patients when in need
My job at medexpress has really opened me up and made my phone and communication skills even better then when I first got hired. The experience as a front office assistant has made me better with computer skills as well. I really enjoy the job.
Terrible manager, she bullied me to the point where I developed a crippling anxiety disorder. This manager was reported 3+ times for her harassment, it wasn’t until three separate employees reported her that she finally “found a new job.”

Pay is not worth the amount of work you are responsible for on a daily basis. The moment you enter work at 8am there are people waiting in their cars while you unlock the doors. From that moment on, your whole day could be chaos, or it could be silent. When there is chaos, you’re the only one who suddenly knows how to do anything regarding registration, discharge, and IT. No help from the nurses or providers, since they are not trained on how to do these tasks. Some days, there are patients that arrive for lengthy procedures at 7:58pm, you are not allowed to turn them away. So, working an 8-8 shift turns into an 8-10pm shift, and then having to turn over and go at it again at 8am the next day. NOT WORTH $15.00 an hour. I worked for ME for 1 year and was offered an .18¢ raise LOL

The policies for this work place are ridiculous. The point system for the employee absences are terrible, it leaves it up to the manager to interpret which absences are legit and which aren’t. My manager lied about my absence that I got an employee to cover for me, saying it was un-excused and I received a written warning.

Training is TERRIBLE! They do not compensate the employees for training. The training material is sitting In front of a computer for three, 8hr shifts and then shadowing for two 8 hour shifts. No body actually knows what they’re doing, everyone
 - more...
Pros
When you get a full day off
Cons
Terrible management, horrible policies, stressful work environment, harassment, awful compensation
A typical day at work was checking in and out customers. making sure the customer received their discharge papers and doing following up. the culture there was nice. Everyone was friendly
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management is a joke. Co workers are annoying and there’s so much favoritism. They pay some more than others based on how much they like them. Management is looking for friends instead of good employees. Everybody quits because the office manger and her favoritism. She likes dumb blondes and people that will do her work for her. You got people in the front office having panick attacks on a daily basis

daily

onddaily basis and
The schedule is very flexible and the people you work side by side with are great. Those are about the only good things I can say. The company is very very money/number focused, which is a shame for a medical facility. It is constantly understaffed and they basically tell you to just deal with it. They tell you it will be an 8-8 shift but often times you don’t leave until close to 9pm. Management doesn’t care about you.
Very little supervisory support when you need it. Center manager is always gone. She is never around to deal with patient issues or questions we may have. The center managers just say text or call.
Coworkers are very friendly, and everyone gets along well.
I love the management. My manager always takes care of her staff. It can be from stocking up on food for the kitchen (as we work long hour shifts) to jumping in our busy work load and help us get through the day with an extra hand. She allows us to have a flexible schedule. She is understanding and will always be calm even on the busy hectic days we have here.
Long hours 12 hour days they didn't really care they were very accomadating with work life balance and management was very night and helped you with anything you needed
I am required to submit a preview for this job. I have nothing to add other than while I worked for this company I thoroughly enjoyed my position however we were all laid off without notice 3 weeks before Christmas.
Great team to work with, managment doesn't always listen, fulltime has good medical benefits, part time has none and no sick time. Pay is okay not the greatest, however FOA position is super easy to do.
Love my job, and working with people, great benefits, staff is friendly and supportive. Clean, hospitable environment. Work/life balance, is great. Fast pace environment, enjoyable
This is one of the best places I have ever worked. The clinic manager is helpful, honest, encouraging and caring. The pay is about average for front office position. The staff are true team players and help each other out in every aspect.
Management was terrible! That is what made me quit. I never felt appreciated. Employees who would constantly call off or no show always got praised and never got into trouble. Manager had favorites and if you weren’t one you knew it. HR does not keep information confidential. Only good thing that came from that job would be the women,doctors and PA’s that I met and worked with. So if I were you I would stay away
I enjoyed my time at MedExpress the work environment was fun! my coworkers made the job even better we were hardly ever slow its a fast pace work environment.
Wonderful place to work, but raises are minimal if you’re not a doctor or nurse. I love the setting that I work in, and LOVE that I don’t have to work 5 days a week
12 hour shifts so only work 3 days a week. Great benefits. 12 hour shifts can get boring just sitting at the front desk. Love my co-workers. Love having 4 days off a week.
When I first started worker here, everything was ok. During the first week of training, 2 workers quit so that should've a been sign. I was hired as a part-time worker which meant I would be giving the full time people a lunch break and helping them out until it was time for me to go. The problem started when certain employees started calling into work everytime it was their shift and just not showing up for their shift. Many people left while I was there and for good reason.

The manager talks about all the employees, the main front desk is lazy, you will always have to work 12 hours even if your part time and never have anyone there to break you. Don't even bother taking shifts at other locations because they will not treat you right and you will always be alone.

The pay is good, but the job is so stressful that you have to ask if you want to sacrifice your sanity over a paycheck.
as a walk-in only clinic people are coming in all day long, at a constant pace, for all kinds of reasons and you have to be ready and willing to be ready to roll with the punches at all times.
This job made me very proficient in multitasking and time management skills. The duties of this job require working as a team, but also being able to work independently. The hardest part of the job would be staying stationary for 12 hours during your shift. You work from your desk for most of your day and don't move around much. However, you'll have free time occasionally which is nice to have when you work long shifts!
Love medical but management at Medexpress in Hagerstown is terrible. She is rude and doesn’t take care of her employees talks poorly on them and tells them to quit. Very unprofessional