MedExpress Urgent Care
59Below average

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse80 reviews
United States80 reviews
can be extremely busy at times but my center has a great team and we work well together. it is a nice schedule, 3 12 hour shifts, great for work/life balance
Pros
free soda/water/snacks/coffee
Cons
other centers not as nice to work at
I have worked for the company for 3 years, in that time they have closed 2 of the centers I worked at. The company or parent company UHG seem to have ZERO regard for the community these centers are in. We provided excellent care to our patients and they closed with no notice or signage prior to closing during a pandemic. It is embarrassing as a professional nurse to be associated with this business practice.
Pros
available supplies to provide care
Cons
Closing centers with no regard for the community
Was an ok work environment. Shifts are 12 hours and are very long, but it was nice to be able to work 3 days a week. Company was bought over and lots of clinics ended up closing.
My coworkers were great, and made the days flow great!! However, the center I worked at, was not run very well. The management was shady and then the company itself had changes and the new company didn't seem to care about their employees.
ME is hard to get into for some reason. Once you are in it's a good company to work for. Fast paced learning environment. The benefits could better as they do not offer tuition reimbursement.
Good place, good hours, good pay
It is a long distance to drive and traffic in evening is very long.

It can get a bit confusing because we are acute care and primary care
Pros
flexible
Cons
lots of changes in policies frequently
Although my co workers are amazing and have become life long friends, the actual company has very little area and opportunity for growth for me as an individual.

The pay is really poor, however I would say almost proportionate to the work.
I’m used to working in a hospital with patient overload, no breaks, never a lunch, your shift is so busy with patient care, after report you spend the next 2 hours charting. I’m done with that. ME is like any other job. It depends on your manager and Owasso/Tulsa is awesome! Is she perfect no but she tries. Is the pay equal to hospital. No but I’m in at 0745 and out at 2015 most days, 3 days a week. I’ll take that over hospital any day.
ME teams can be fantastic or toxic. I work with a fantastic team! I love my job. We have gone through several Center Managers snd they can be fantastic or ineffective. As with all work environments, unhappy staff tend to weed themselves out which can create frequent turnover. Toxic people don't leave, they need to be terminated. ME is not very good at weeding out the toxic ones.

ones.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MedExpress Urgent Care?
It's faced paced and really busy! I the work culture is positive and motivating. Being flexible is a must. Having prior experience is important, you never know what will walk thru the door.
Med Express values employee satisfaction along with customer satisfaction. They involve staff in decision making to ensure inclusion of staff on customer satisfaction ideas.
Low pay for nurses, bad benefit packages for anyone without perfect health, lots of negative attitudes among staff. no room for growth in company unless switching to management position
Flexible schedule.
Full time is required to work 3, 12-hour shifts each week.

Team is composed of RN, MA, and X-ray tech. 1-2 providers working depending on center.

Management depends on center. Each center has their own manager. Some good some not so much.

Center volume depends on location. Northside location (by USF) is always busy whereas New Tampa location is not.
Busy fast paced place to work, with many different locations to work from. Management keeps offices in compliance with policies. Promotes genuine, caring, and friendly care to all patients.
This company is not team oriented whatsoever. In fact, people file "grievances" all the time against one another. There is excessive bullying that occurs from Dr's to RN's to Front Office Assistants to Radiology Technicians.Everybody wears blue but it appears that there is a conflict and that people don't understand that their desire to not pursue and education does not make them qualified to make clinical statements to patients or staff members. Nobody seems to get along and when they do it's only a matter of time before somebody makes up lies about one another. It's dirty and there is little regard to ones mental health and how this atmosphere of negative staff members affects the ability to work safely.
Leadership was awful! Presents as a family focused group but is more like a cult! Corporate level could care less about the working staff. Uneducated and non-medical staff promoted as leaders. Lots of Corp waste on annual booze fest! Wages were low for nurses. Clinics were sold to the highest bidder without any regard for

employees
I loved my job and being at work. We had our first manager that did not know how to do her job and never learned. For a year and a half they allowed this to go on. I really did do a lot of her job. This came from on clinical area manager and I quote "you were doing a lot of it." I applied for the manager position after she left. I had multiple staff member recommend me for the position, I interviewed after the current manager and never sttod a chance. We got our new manager and it has been about who can be in her office the most telling her what she wants to hear. We have trainers come in from Florida, they start conversation and then I was turned in for not having a positive attitude. We had center manager "stop by" to check on an employee that came to help. She was in street clothes and standing by the desk where we have to information, I asked her what was wrong because I didn't know who she was or why she was standing there. She stayed nothing then proceeded to stand there. I said okay and went about my day. She was listening to her person work a patient up. Later I was turned in for not being friendly and be very negative towards Medexpress. Now I maybe crazy but being written up because someone is on a piwertrip does not promote a positive work place. They had the write up printed out for me to sign before I went into the office, I never stood a chance at defending myself. I told them my name had been on the NPS 3 different times for doing great work and my patients loved me. They told me "there is no concerns with how you do your job and you are great with your patients." - more...
Not the best pay, not the best benefits. A great work environment, great staff. Patients are generally happy about the service we provide. Can be very busy during season, but with the team they have, it gets done right
Under paid, over worked, never accommodated, never appreciated. Co workers are awesome. Management has no clue what they are doing. No skill set needed. Poor communication.
The culture within the organization is top notch, management truly cares about the employees. Travel to remote sites once per week if needed. Patients come in from various backgrounds. We try to have the patients out within an hour or less, treating anything from the common cold to starting IVs for rehydration. More complex issues are sent out to nearby e.r.. Typical day starts at 8am and ends at 8pm. We also do physicals and drug screenings collections.
Busy, most of the time. Management tries to work schedules to help with family life. Mission driven upper management team. Provides snacks for days when you don't get lunch breaks.