MedExpress Urgent Care
59Below average

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews for X-ray Technician

X-ray Technician68 reviews
United States68 reviews
The low ratings I gave are explicit to very specific situations at my specific location . They in no way represent Medexpress as a whole.

Overall, this a great company, with a clear vision of today's medical needs. The mission for today and the future is aggressive and current. They provide an excellent learning platform for all staff. The company values
Pros
Schedule, values, fair pay.
Cons
Big picture - none
Poor management and always short handed. Few breaks. Promises/agreements not kept. Guidelines change frequently and depending on who you ask. Employees are kept in the dark about staffing issues so each day you don’t know if you will have help or not.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Poor training. Always short staffed. No perks
This was one of my first jobs right out of X-ray school and I feel like it has helped me get more comfortable with my career and being in the medical field. Has taught me a lot about medical assisting and patient care.
We were open a total of 8 months before they closed us due to lack of volume. We were all caught completely off guard. Then we were all told that there would be first consideration for any upcoming positions. (All while still opening up new clinics left and right). Worst of all was that the upper management did not seem
to care. However we did have great team that still keeps in touch!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
They are currently understaffed at this particular center. The core employees are getting burned out and everyone is leaving, but they are not posting job opportunities.
Typically the day starts with a line of people waiting to check in. The providers are generally very easy to work with, co-workers are decent overall, and management is slightly non existent. The company and executive management is another story. Money comes first and the more they can make the happier they are. Policies and procedures change on the fly as the company seems to be more concerned with protecting themselves from lawsuits than realistic care
Pros
Environment, pay, low stress
Cons
Company policy changes very often It’s hard to keep up and you end up going against policy, HoursPossibly 13-14 hour days with little time for breaks
I enjoy the variety of the work. You will work 12 hours a day and mostlly do not get a lunch. Sometimes, those 12 hours turn into 13-14 hours depending on how many people walk in 5 minutes before you close and all the orders we need to carry out on those that are there.
I enjoyed working at MedExpress. The rest of the staff I worked with were great. Nice facility and everyone there were focused on patient care. I would recommend working there.
Not your average medical office due to the punitive nature of the business plan. Raises are canceled across the board for the whole center due to the poor patient surveys. And the surveys are manipulated to make the centers score as low as possible. On a 1-10 scale, anything lower than a 9 is considered a “fail” and the customer is branded a distractor. You guessed it, too many distractors equals no raises! As intelligent medical professionals, we all know that surveys can be manipulated to provide the wanted outcome and, unfortunately, MedExpress’ desire is to punish employees and keep salaries low.
Employees are treated poorly as far as staffing, scheduling and pressure to work extra shifts and travel to other centers to cover for staffing shortages. This is especially true for the providers (doctors and nurse practitioners) who are given so little respect that some don’t last through their probationary period before they quit. Providers sometimes work 14 hour days without a break and often have hourlong commutes on either side. They get schedule up to 5-7 days in a row. So they get sick. They get burned out and they quit. And the centers can’t stay open without a provider which means the office closes and you won’t get paid for your shift. In Kansas, all offices are closed on Sunday’s for the unforeseen future. Sunday’s are the busiest day of the work week in urgent care.

The good part is the people I got to work around. Most are decent people trying to do a good job. Most people can slide into bad moral when they are overworked with shifts lasting from 7:45
 - more...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MedExpress Urgent Care?
I never write reviews, but this company loves surveys and reviews. That leads me to the worst thing about this company, it is ran on negativity. Your self worth and raises will be based on the few unhappy patients that fill out the surveys. They do not focus on the majority of happy patients. The urgent care is very under staffed. There is only one provider, a nurse, x-ray tech and one front desk person to see more then 60 patients at times. The pay is absolutely terrible! There is no policy in place to keep patients from checking in at the last minute, therefore you will hardly ever get to leave work on time. They can’t keep providers, so there are days they have to close causing the staff to use their PTO. The only good thing about this job was the people I worked with, our center manager and the benefits.
I see roughly 70 patients a day. Getting the chance to speak with them and having the ability to help is my favorite part of the day. I love the diversity of the company and the clean environment.
Many Hippa rules are broken and overlooked. Moral is ok with the right crew. Management is unorganized and and dysfunctional. Quick and fast service, but that comes at the added benefit that your health care needs are being sacrificed by some of the staff faking vital signs and up charging patients for strep throat when a patient presents with a cough!
Great place to work if your primary concern is to work around family time. Salary leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to other employers in the area.
Incredibly supportive environment, flexible scheduling and overtime opportunities snacks in the lunch room along with other frozen foods and desserts. Company promotes within and is very encouraging with your goals
Pros
Awesome support staff
Cons
Wish they had more modalities, so that I can apply my skills and work in my specialty discipline again
The only complaint about working here is salary. As an Radiologic Technologist you are assigned other duties other than taking X-ray’s. You can do almost everything a nurse can do in addition to your X-ray skills and should be compensated for those extra duties and you are not paid based on those extra duties.
Pros
You do more than a regular X-ray job
Cons
Aren’t paid based on the addition skills you are required to do.
The company pays very low, they expect you to do the job of three. On top of your radiography duties you're required to be an MA. Overtime is hard to come by, there's no differential pay. Benefits are so so. Not to mention I feel very unappreciated by this company.
Avoid working for MedExpress. Frequent (less than 12 hour) changes in policy, borderline fraudulent treatment of both patients and OCMD (occupational medicine such as drug screens, and Worker's Comp,) frequently denied lunches and breaks (12+ hr shift, and of the 6 shifts in two weeks, we typically are able to get three maybe two lunches,) inept leadership at every level, all while being chided that we must remain Genie, Caring, and Friendly to all our patients.
Working here is like dealing with a high school clique. If the manager does not like you personally, you will be targeted and harassed. It is not about doing your job correctly and efficiently, but about fitting in. The manager I had was caught twice by corporate stealing company time, demanded to know employees' health information and declared she has the right to view employee medical records anytime she wants (HIPAA violation), and constantly made disparaging remarks about those she dislike in front of others. Another manager in the same area has been accused of racism by both staff and patients and even threatened to fight a patient outside. She announces which people she does and does not want working at her clinic when she requests for coverage and many refuse to go there because of her hostility. Both managers still have their jobs.
Someone had a medical emergency requiring hospitalization and was threatened to be fired as a result. Even if you find coverage for any sort of emergency, there were chances of being reprimanded for it.

If HR actually took action against poor work ethics and hired actual managers with managerial experience and knowledge of employees' rights, this place would be good. Otherwise, there's too much drama, gossip, slander, and unprofessionalism that stems from management that makes this place not worth working for.
So much possibility. The center manager was a nice person but clueless in regards to managing. Having a degree in management doesn’t mean someone can manage. He was very reactive, ran from problems, and waited until issues turned into disasters before addressing them. There is a high turnover due to the weak management area wide. The training program was inept. My trainer complained daily about having to train. The same person trash talked every employee behind their back. It is the “fast food” of health care. They want every patient in and out in 45 minutes no matter what the patient is there for. It was a toxic atmosphere. On a good note, the pay was good. They paid overtime and mileage if you covered another clinic. It’s 3x12 shifts, so 4 days off was nice. There is a lot of potential to be a good employer but right now they need to replace the management in this area and hire experienced clinic managers. This is why I have resigned starting this week.
I was clearly not a fan of this environment. While I learned a lot of things outside of my scope, the people foster a relentless environment of pure pettiness. There is no better way to put that. I was spoken poorly of by physicians, and nurses who tried to attack my personal life. No issues with my professionalism or attitude at work, simply my private life. Including accusing my boyfriend of abusing me and claiming to have already called the police. The management was complicit with issues, never getting involved or criticizing the events therefore, nothing ever changed.

As far as scheduling, ridiculous. We were forced to stay on site with no power, heat, or water during a state wide weather emergency in the winter. Being sick and needing to call out was not an option and rarely did people help out if it was needed.

After finding a new position and giving my notice the manager asked how much I was making in order to try to match my new salary. When I told him his immediate response was "that's more than I make. When you sign up with MedExpress, you take the vow of poverty."
Pros
only working 3 days a week
Cons
environment, pay, management, company values
Fun place to work usually. Sometimes hectic. Policies and procedures change on a regular basis. Long days. Hated when patients would show up at the LAST minute to be seen for something that has been going on for weeks and isn't urgent. Working 12.5+ hours in that situation which happened frequently.
Pros
Lockers, snacks, asthetically pleasing atmosphere, fun coworkers
Cons
Low pay, long hours