MedExpress Employee Reviews

Great job
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 23, 2018
MedExpress offers a great opportunity to learn new things everyday. Fast paced, 12 hour shifts three times a week. Flexible schedule to go with a busy life.
Fun work place
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJMay 22, 2018
My manager is very caring . The environment is peaceful. I love working 12 shifts and have off 4 days . Every month we're allowed a allowance to buy lunch , snacks
Pros
Great work scedule
Cons
The communute
Alright place to work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAMay 16, 2018
Extremely underpaid. Staffing was cut while I was there. Only perks were that our center manager and sometimes the physicians would buy us lunch. Coworkers were great.
May 18, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the compensation at MedExpress. We'll be sure to share your note with our team for their review.

typical medical
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 7, 2018
the management at medexpress needs to be more involved with its employees before making decisions about their employment or reviews. great job but does have its issues
May 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your concern. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.

Great teamwork, always knew what was expected
FRONT OFFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 2, 2018
I loved working at Med Express. When the office closed I was kind of ready to move on though, I needed an 8 hour day as opposed to 12 hour days for full-time, 36 hours a week. I was given the option to work overtime and I took as many hours as they would give me which was very helpful.

It was a great environment; Managers bought lunch, Drs sometimes bought lunch, and there was always a budget for things like bread, crackers, cookies, drinks, etc. It made getting lunch very easy if we wanted to eat out of the snacks available.

I learned so much and I really liked knowing everyone we were working with, sometimes a new Dr would come in but the tight bond we had because we worked together so often was great.
Pros
Some free lunches, overtime, paid time off, and great management
Cons
Time off accrued very slowly, 12 hour days can be wearing on people
May 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear about your positive experience at MedExpress.

Wonderful place to work
Area Director (Former Employee) –  CO, PN, WV, MD, NJ DEMay 1, 2018
The four founders of the company not only focused on enhancing the patient experience but, also the employee experience. Turnover is low, employee moral is high and you can enjoy your career.
May 4, 2018

Nice people to work with
Front office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PA 17331April 27, 2018
There was always a large turnover, even the managers at the site. The part time and full time people left so frequently they were constantly calling and asking for more hours.
It was a nice position to work in while going to school but you really can not keep up with all the extra hours requested when going to school.
You were required to work 12 hour shifts but many nights you would work more until the patients left. You would have to come right back the next morning most of the time.
Pros
commute was close
Cons
very few breaks over 12 hours, 1 1/2 hr lunch is scheduled, many times no lunch.
April 30, 2018

Positive Atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23223April 26, 2018
One of my favorite places to work. All the managers are approachable and easy to get along with. They provide free food (mostly snacks). Scheduling is flexible and only 3 day work weeks because we work 12 hours (8-8). I work in a new facility but I find them all very clean. Certain locations can become very busy. Our location has a nurse, rad tech, provider and clerk. The Rad tech works as a MA also. We see a lot of occupational health screenings and physicals. The only real negative I have is we are very short Rad techs, so if any of them call in, a nurse ends up working the clinic alone with the provider. That can become overwhelming during busy periods of the shift.
Pros
Great management, flexible scheduling, 3 day work week, free food
Cons
No help if someone calls in, occupational health screenings can get complicated.
April 30, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care. We couldn’t be happier that you’re on our team!

It was a new experience for me then doing Locum Tenes
Urgent-Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 20, 2018
Patient load per Shift varied. My manager was very understanding.
I was once assigned 13 straight 12 hour shift and it was so tiring.

Living in a Hotel for 15 days was difficult.

Flying was difficult sp. with connecting flights.
Pros
Quick and Fast Pace
Cons
living alone in the hotel and the distance from the clinic.
April 24, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your opinions.

Opportunity to help people in need.
Front Office Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
High volume of patients serving community businesses and members; 12 hour 3 day a week work week; opportunity for advancement for clinicians; most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to help others when they are not feeling well.
Pros
3 day work week - 12 hour day shifts, Urgent Care Visit Free coverage with insurance
Cons
Wage increases low, Healthcare benefits cost high, Lack of opportunities for growth and development for non-clinical
April 24, 2018

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve. We’re glad to have you as part of the team.

Great job
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 17, 2018
Loved working there, great staff and fast paced. Pay was great, was like working with family. Only draw back was the manager had no health care back ground at all. Wished I was still there, miss my Medexpress family.
Pros
Great pay, great staff
Cons
Manager with no healthcare back ground
April 24, 2018

We’re glad to hear about your positive experience with your fellow team members. We believe our teams represent the best talent, and it’s nice to hear you agree!

Good staff horrible management
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAApril 16, 2018
If you have a mind and want to advance or care about staff and positive reinforcement Medexpress is not the place to be. If you only want to do the bare minimum and only care about yourself its a great place to work.
Pros
patients
Cons
no lunch, chaotic, management has no idea and do not care about the employees
April 24, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your frustration. If you’d like to provide us with further details, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

Fast-Paced and Respectful
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVApril 15, 2018
This is a wonderful company to work for. I've worked PT for over a year and I love it here. The manager you have makes all the difference as well as your coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion, team oriented, respectful atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, customer service, long hours

Good job
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILApril 13, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Medexpress. I believe the company should have done more to get patients in the door- advertising, explaining exactly what urgent care is.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
No advertising
April 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion regarding your experience matters to us and we will take your comments into consideration.

Mixed Feelings
Employer Health Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 10, 2018
My immediate supervisors and team are great. However I feel like I am on call and that my life revolves around this job. Working weekends, holidays and long hours takes a toll on your life. The pay is decent, better than most places in my area. The benefits are good but deductibles are very high. The job is fast paced and stressful but enjoyable.
Pros
decent pay and lack of commute
Cons
stressful, long hours, working holidays and weekends
April 17, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

Great place to work!
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 10, 2018
I absolutely love working for this company. I enjoy the facility and my co-workers. The job varies from slow paced to faced paced so each day is different and I really enjoy that. I feel that they pay extremely well for a front office position. I am also thankful for the benefits. The benefits are by far the best I have had at any job. The only thing I would like to see change is that we could have an hour lunch instead of a 30 minute lunch. Other than that it is a great place to work, great management, great people and great benefits.
Pros
Only work 3 days a week, great benefits, great pay, great management.
Cons
Only a 30 minute lunch
April 17, 2018

We appreciate your feedback regarding our benefits. We strive to be competitive in our industry and offer the best to our team – so it’s great to hear about your positive experience at MedExpress.

Excellent working environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 7, 2018
MedExpress was a pleasant working environment. You are provided ample training. The staff worked as a team, from the Front Office Assistants, Techs, Nurses and NPs. I would highly recommend working for MedExpress. They encourage and reward their employees.
April 10, 2018

Very competitive
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2018
Clock in start getting route paper to know where to go, 15 mi meeting to discuss daily routes any concerns etc check for items that need to be deliver make sure is correct and not damage
Avoid at all cost
Center Manager 2 (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 1, 2018
Horriable company that does not go by their own motto of genuine caring and friendly. If you want to work here, be prepared to work your tail off, because they cannot keep staff. Turn over was very high because of stressful conditions. If you are looking for management, be prepared to have little to no support from Area Manager, and have HR berate you because of poor employees they refuse to terminate.
Pros
Cons
Everything under the sun, stay away.
April 4, 2018

Thank you for your candid response. We certainly value your opinion and take your feedback seriously. Please send the location where you work, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com. We’ll review this information with our team. Thank you.

worst place ive ever worked for and it ll came down to management at center and regions.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 26, 2018
They have what seems like the most manipulative managers and HR dept. They have no checks and balance so they help each other out. They lie and treat their job polices as if they supersede the law. They don't care about your well being as long as they make money.
March 28, 2018

We're sorry to hear you did not have a positive work experience. So that we can properly address your concern, please email HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location where you worked, and any additional feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight