MedExpress Employee Reviews

I enjoy it
Front office assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 18, 2018
Our facility is newer...open now about 8 months. I’ve been here 4 months. It’s a great place, love our mgr, co workers for the most part are great! We are community minded.
Pros
Lunches for rewards
August 20, 2018

Thanks for your review! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Get your running shoes on
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ledgewood, NJAugust 14, 2018
Very fast paced, 80-100 people seen per day. Supplies run out, no team spirit among employees. RT, MA and RN's are overworked and underpaid, causes snipping and nasty attitude among employees. No appreciation or motivation from management to do a good job. Management talks about employees to other employees inappropriately. No time for breaks.
Pros
Learn to think on your feet
Cons
overworked and underpaid
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your candid response. We certainly value your opinion and take your feedback seriously. Please send the location where you worked, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com. We’ll review this information with our team.

Unstable environment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 23, 2018
Medexpress could not keep management. It was a well oiled machine. There were too many issues with management. We had no guidance but the guidance we were given with all the policies set forth.
Pros
Amazing doctors, amazing staff
Cons
Management was awful
July 24, 2018

Thanks for sharing your concern. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your feedback.

Fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2018
Great learning experience. I gained majority of my knowledge in the medical field working for this company. They could use a little help with better management.
July 20, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to offer the best to our team – so it’s great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Medexpress Worksite Clinics are a great place to work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 21, 2018
I currently work at a Medexpress worksite clinic, which is a family practice clinic as opposed to their more common urgent care centers. I have worked at many family practice clinics thoughout the Twin Cities and this is the best. This is a great place to work! It is a respectful and positive workplace that really focuses on working as a team. Both fulfilling and challenging, I would highly recommend Medexpress Worksites Clinics, plus no nights/weekends/holidays! Can’t beat that!!
Pros
Great hours, beautiful facilities, great team
Cons
None!
June 25, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care. We couldn’t be happier that you’re on our team!

Front Office Assistant
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 20, 2018
Very relaxed job that after learning the database and day to day is like riding a bike and can be done asleep. As long as you smile at patients and follow the flow charts it should be a positive and fairly relaxed experience
June 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear of your positive experience at MedExpress.

Fast pace environment
Urgent Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 11, 2018
This job worked at a fast pace. Support was needed when shifts became busy. Co-workers were knowledgeable and helpful. Learning was made easy at these sites.
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your candid review and will share this with our team. If you are interested in discussing further, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com.

Bad Management
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJune 11, 2018
Environment is so bad and turnover is extremely high. Can’t keep employees. Most quit within a week, forcing remaining employees to work long hours. Also no breaks or lunches for front office staff even when working for 13 to 14 hour shifts. This was addressed with management but was told that’s just the way it is and that they don’t have enough staff to give lunches or breaks. They irony is that center manager, who is on salary, leaves for lunch most days at 2pm and doesn’t return.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Overworked and starving for little pay
June 13, 2018

June 12, 2018

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard. Could you please send the location where you worked, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com? We will be sure to share your feedback with our team for their review.

great place to work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 4, 2018
great place to work with amazing people. great experience getting to learn new things in the medical office. enjoyed everyone i worked with and the boss that i had
June 7, 2018

We’re glad to hear about your positive experience with your fellow team members. We believe our teams represent the best talent, and it’s nice to hear you agree!

Great coworkers, poor management
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 2, 2018
Great coworkers. Fast paced. poor management, no work life balance, expernsive benefits, short lunches for such long Shifts, compensation is not great considering the work load
June 5, 2018

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

Punitive behaviors by Assigned manager of the facility.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 30, 2018
The clinical staff are evaluated by poorly trained non-medical staff. Stingy with raises. 5 managers in one year. Always worked short. Poor interpersonal relationships between managers and clinical staff. Vacations and sick time need to be covered by self.
Pros
Good clinical staff.
Cons
Managers
June 5, 2018

We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. If you want to provide us with further details, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location where you worked, and concerns. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

Not the worse
Medical Assistant/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 29, 2018
I love my particular clinic but the others have some management issues. Corp sends down orders and expect them to follow with out testing at clinical level first
Pros
3 twelve hour shifts
Cons
Holidays
June 5, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your concern. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.

Great job
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 23, 2018
MedExpress offers a great opportunity to learn new things everyday. Fast paced, 12 hour shifts three times a week. Flexible schedule to go with a busy life.
May 29, 2018

Hello, thank you for your feedback about work-life balance at MedExpress and recognizing it as one of the great benefits we have to offer. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at MedExpress!

Fun work place
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJMay 22, 2018
My manager is very caring . The environment is peaceful. I love working 12 shifts and have off 4 days . Every month we're allowed a allowance to buy lunch , snacks
Pros
Great work scedule
Cons
The communute
May 24, 2018

Thanks! MedExpress strives to encourage a healthy work-life balance by providing flexibility and the support needed to maintain balance.

Great place depending on management
Front office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2018
My current manager is excellent. The company is huge and with the corporate office being located in WV there is a lot that goes under the radar. Luckily, things have improved with a new manager. The hours are great and having 4 days off is nice. I used to be full time and can say that they benefits were not that great. The PTO accrual rate is very slow. It is free to visit their location but there is a steep copay and there is a considerable deductible. The company culture is not horrible. There is free snack and candy provided at each center. But again, it depends on the manager. If they stock it or not, it is completely up to them. It almost seems like tiny franchises and each has its own set of rules and is not nearly as uniformed as it could be. I would recommend my center to other people but not some others.
Pros
free lunches, free snacks
Cons
busy days, short breaks
May 22, 2018

Alright place to work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAMay 16, 2018
Extremely underpaid. Staffing was cut while I was there. Only perks were that our center manager and sometimes the physicians would buy us lunch. Coworkers were great.
May 18, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the compensation at MedExpress. We'll be sure to share your note with our team for their review.

typical medical
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 7, 2018
the management at medexpress needs to be more involved with its employees before making decisions about their employment or reviews. great job but does have its issues
May 14, 2018

Great teamwork, always knew what was expected
FRONT OFFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 2, 2018
I loved working at Med Express. When the office closed I was kind of ready to move on though, I needed an 8 hour day as opposed to 12 hour days for full-time, 36 hours a week. I was given the option to work overtime and I took as many hours as they would give me which was very helpful.

It was a great environment; Managers bought lunch, Drs sometimes bought lunch, and there was always a budget for things like bread, crackers, cookies, drinks, etc. It made getting lunch very easy if we wanted to eat out of the snacks available.

I learned so much and I really liked knowing everyone we were working with, sometimes a new Dr would come in but the tight bond we had because we worked together so often was great.
Pros
Some free lunches, overtime, paid time off, and great management
Cons
Time off accrued very slowly, 12 hour days can be wearing on people
May 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear about your positive experience at MedExpress.

Wonderful place to work
Area Director (Former Employee) –  CO, PN, WV, MD, NJ DEMay 1, 2018
The four founders of the company not only focused on enhancing the patient experience but, also the employee experience. Turnover is low, employee moral is high and you can enjoy your career.
May 4, 2018

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the delivery of health care in the communities we serve.

Nice people to work with
Front office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PA 17331April 27, 2018
There was always a large turnover, even the managers at the site. The part time and full time people left so frequently they were constantly calling and asking for more hours.
It was a nice position to work in while going to school but you really can not keep up with all the extra hours requested when going to school.
You were required to work 12 hour shifts but many nights you would work more until the patients left. You would have to come right back the next morning most of the time.
Pros
commute was close
Cons
very few breaks over 12 hours, 1 1/2 hr lunch is scheduled, many times no lunch.
April 30, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MedExpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight