Medfirst Staffing

Medfirst Staffing Employee Reviews

Opportunity to experience different field
I wanted a change and higher hourly rate and I have gotten both. They have contracts with state employers so I have gotten experience with correctional and mental health institutions.
Pay keeps dropping
Sometimes organization will be an issue when at certain work sites. Company falls short of continuous and steady employment for contract consultants. On a positive note the company is flexible with schedules and if you are good at your job you will be rewarded.
Medfirst offers alot of different experiences
Medfirst staffing sends it's employees to many different locations, allowing for different experiences and meeting many different people, residents and family members. Medfirst also offers benefits after being employed for a year
Pros
Many different experiences
Cons
Change, which can be vood or bad
Productive completing all needed skills or needs of my patient
Working in a prision is similar to a physicians office except you have 1200 people wanting treatment or medications right then. YOu have to learn to stand your ground with them.
Pros
3-12 days a week
Cons
no breaks. not enough staff
Great agency to work for
Any contact with the agency is always pleasant. They are consistent and fair in offering shifts. If there is ever an issue at a site management is always there to listen and jump into action.
Pros
Management, flexible hours
Cons
compensation
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Enjoyed my time there
I enjoyed my time working for this employer.
I found MedFirst to be an employer that was fair and found my manager to be quite respectful of my work life balance.
Pros
Nice hours working from 8-5 Monday thru Friday and hour lunches
one of the best
one of the best agencies I've worked for, they really work with your schedule and the pay is good, great communication as well I'll be working awhile here
Coworkers hard to take
I enjoyed the patients I worked with but my coworkers had and caused too much drama and made the work environment unbearable. Maybe if I had worked at another facility I would have stayed with the company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Medfirst Staffing?
Different types of opportunities available
I have had access to very different types of opportunities that did not seem to present themselves and a solo person applying for jobs. I also really appreciate the flexibility that a staffing agency has offered.
Pros
Weekly pay. Above average pay rates. Flexibility.They move quickly.
Cons
None really. They have moved very quickly.
Very pleasant
Very pleasant staff, easy to work with. Kind. Very organized hire. Very informative and honest. The job placement was very quick ,honest and up front. The staff is caring. I love the weekly pay and choice of shift. Benefits are available after being with the company for sometime.
Pros
Easy job placement
Cons
None at this time
Nice people
I liked everything about them. MedFirst gave me a chance to work when no one else had positions available they called me and I worked there until they had no more openings.
productive
I worked here as a CNA and I loved working not only with the employees but the patients. The elderly were always keeping me busy and kept me full of knowledge. I learned a lot working here
Enjoyed working at Med First Staffing
I learned so much about healthcare staffing while employed at Med First. The experience helped me grow and I learned a lot about myself.
very pleasant
i typical dont like working as a temp due to the lack of work security. But overall Medfirst was very quick with finding me a job in a timley mannert, they were very pleasant.
MedFirst Staffing is a quickly growing medical staffing company.
Cons
healtchare
Medfirst is a Great to work if you don't need a full-time pay check.
A typical day at work with Medfirst is get a phone call asking you to go to a patient's home at a specific hour, and sit with a specific patient. I have learned how to live on very little due to the fact you never know when you are going to get to work for them. My co-workers there are some of the best part of working there. They look out for you when they hear of other work they call. The hardest part of my job is having to tell the family that their loved one has died. The most enjoyable part of my job is being with a patient that has a entering past and is willing to share it with me.
Pros
Some of my patients
Cons
Having to tell the family that their loved one is gone. (died)
Loving office staff
Office staff is easy to talk to and will work hard on your behalf to address any questions or concerns that Contractors have.
Pros
Office staff is easy to talk to
Cons
Do not have the opportunity to meet office staff
Great Employer to work for-always have the employee first when locating assignments
Started with this company in 2013-love the assignments I have been
given so far and the fact that the employer always puts my specific needs for assignments to the forefront and tries very hard to accommodate my needs . They are very easy to communicate with in this environment-always able to reach them via email-cell, etc.

I definitely would recommend them to other nurses.
Pros
Try to accommodate needs and locate work
Cons
nothing is permanent, would like to have a permanent full-time job, this is great to be able to go to various places, see what is out there in today's healthcare market.