Medfusion Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Recognize talent will promote within
Director (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 4, 2018
For the past few years, I have seen a good amount of people get promoted within Medfusion. Honestly, this place is not for the weak. Its fast past and you got to keep up. If you looking for a layback job, you need to work for the government.
Pros
Personal growth opportunity and good people to work with.
Cons
cost of healthcare and no matching 401k
Medfusion Patient Chat Rep
PATIENT CHAT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 13, 2018
Medfusion is a small company in Cary, NC. I worked in their customer service department as a patient chat representative. The company has created an online portal for doctors offices and their patients to use. My job was to chat online with the patients while they used the portal and assist with any technical issues or questions they might have about using the portal (i.e. where are my medical records? etc.) My job was fairly relaxed and my supervisors were easily accessible for any questions or concerns I might have had. Medfusion does a great job of rewarding its employees with free breakfast every Monday and Thirsty Thursdays where employees can enjoy beer in the lounge after 4pm. Overall it was a great work environment but since the company is so small they are not able to keep all of their employees on full-time. My position was a contracted position for 6 months and I noticed a lot of people leaving during my time there.
Pros
Bagel Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays (free beer)
Cons
Small company, mostly temp jobs, no room to grow
Don't make this mistake. Keep looking!
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 21, 2017
They are going under, fast. You'll be looking for another job again soon, so keep looking. 4 or 5 rounds of lay offs in last 2 years. Make a product that is no longer needed or proprietary. Early market leaders, now do not even have basics the other competitors have in their product because they can't figure out how to develop it. Developers are subpar because they don't have resources to pay for devs that can fix issues or innovate. They throw resources behind new ideas, projects and "products" without having a plan to monetize them. No focus or strategy from VP's and c-level executives.

They don't 401k match. Healthcare plan is one of the worst I've had. The under pay everyone.
Pros
Nobody knows what's going on so you can take on projects for benefit of your resume
Cons
Subpar benefits, salary and company has no clear strategy. Frequent layoffs.
Learning experience
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2016
My experience was ok but it's not a career with this company. At here you can learn alot the training is good. I've work with a few coworkers that are very helpful and great to know until they all quit. It's a high turnovers here due to managements and supervisors I've seen it myself. Yes they need to be reevaluated for their positions.However dealing with a lot of different peoples with attitudes can be challenging. This place is like school they have clicks and they like to bully peoples. It's sad that too many companies are like that.
Pros
Good training experince and pay rate is ok to start off.
Cons
Lack of supervisors and takes long to move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medfusion Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6