Media One Employee Reviews

Media One
Customer Service/Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 21, 2018
Media One was a awesome place to work. I was able to telecommute from home. That allowed me to have a flexible schedule with home and work life balance. They offered many bonus perks of commission and gift cards daily during work.

Unfortunately this business is no longer in service.
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule good management, bonus/perks
Cons
Company is no longer in business
no longer in business
Network Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHOctober 6, 2018
company was great while it lasted, bought out by large conglomeration. New company had poor management, no understanding, did not care about employees
ok, Fun place to work.
Senior Customer Service Rep/Collections (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 28, 2018
We would have to monitor pay-per-view events which was fun. We would also get promotional items. George Foreman and Oscar De La Joya both visited our office. We would get free cable TV services at home.
Pros
We would get free cable TV services at home.
Cons
Pay was minimal
Journalist
Journalist/Reporter (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAAugust 17, 2018
Writing, researching and producing copy is my passion. To get paid for taking pictures, editing articles and interviewing interesting people is truly a blessing.
Pros
Diverse assignments/ close to home
Cons
Low pay/ lots of driving
Great Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2018
Great company to work for!! The trainer is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Company is owned and Operated by Comcast
Fun
Internet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 23, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at makepositive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
small company
Promotions Director/Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
As long as one does his job there is no problems. the job at hand does not reflect the effort it takes to maintain the position. In other words they feed off of one's passion to work in Radio.
Pros
location
Cons
unprofessionalism
quick paced
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 2, 2018
management sucks. however it is a good place to work and when your part time you only have to work.three days one of them has to be a Saturday........
Pros
quick paced
Cons
management sucks
fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day working at Media was exciting. II learned how to reset cable boxes. Management did their job and treated everyone fairly. The hardest part was getting an irate customer and nothing you did pleased them. The most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
n/a
Ok while it lasted
Sweep Technician/Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 16, 2017
This company was bought out by Time Warner. Media One was the name given prior to the transition to Time Warner from Paragon Cable. Very highly nepotistic environment to work in due to the longevity of the remaining employees who previously worked for Paragon Cable. Difficult to advance because of this issue.
Pros
Good work/Life balance
Cons
Nepotistic Environment
Work Environment
Unknown (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2017
Not suitable for my needs. I have gotten useful and valuable experience. I have learned a lot about working under stress.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay
Good company
Consultant Y2K Tester (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 17, 2016
Worked with this company for a short period of time. Started as trainee and then moved to a full time QA position. Good Management and friendly environment., Benefits were not as good though.
Work Day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Kearns, UTJanuary 4, 2016
Come to work and be given a number, advertisement to feed into a hopper so it can be ready to be shipped out to state store and people's house.
Pros
Safe work envorment, Freindly employees
Cons
Short work weeks, no health care for part-timers
Excellent work environment
Inbound/Outbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
I had one of the best sales manager ever. He taught of strategies that made me an excellent closer. The sales force was great because everyone was focused on exceeding the sales quota and making money. There was little time for anything other than a competitive environment, working smart, and celebrating excellence.
love driving to diferent locations, never at the same place
TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  culver city californiaFebruary 1, 2015
as a contractor you always learn to work with people. I am a trouble shooter by nature I love to fix problems in telecommunications and this was the best place to get a lot of good experience
Fun working with other workers and breaking whenever i wanted.
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 11, 2015
a typical day at work was package papers then deliver them.

i learned about time management and memory skills.

management said get the work done and you keep your job.

only met a few of my co-workers but they helped me alot.

hardest part was keeping time on schedule.

i enjoyed driving constantly.
Pros
lots of driving, no traffic and ate whenever and wore whatever i needed to get job done.
Cons
time was very short and customers where not always nice.
For strong manager with leadership skills.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityNovember 17, 2014
I worked for years there, and while the paper distribution numbers where decreasing for the company, I still did a great job. It is more difficult now to maintain the numbers due to the high gas prices and low pay for carriers who distribute the papers to the customers and with circulation decreasing and area of delivers becoming larger to keep number of deliveries up carriers to make money. It makes it harder for carriers to maintain vehicles and pay the gas prices, so the job as a manager is very challenging in that they have to pick up the slack of carriers not doing their job and not being able to keep them on the routes for more than a week at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to work things out the way you want to and being outside in the fresh air. It is great if you don't mind the challenge.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Work to many hours (salary)
It was a hard working place to work at there was no time for playing games
Warehouse/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 15, 2014
A hard company to work for everything went by the book which is a good thing
Pros
We had free lunches at the end of every month
Cons
we had breaks
Fun productive days
Sales (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 15, 2014
successful experience in Customer Service strengths in account maintenance, problem solving and troubleshooting staff support and planning/ implementing procedures.incoming calls, checking account billing issues, explain billing cycle to customers, turning on and off cable through computer, upgrade accounts, sales, answer all incoming calls helping with lead supervisor issues.
Pros
monthly incentives
Cons
schedule horrible at the time
Good working place
Electronics Technician/maintenance (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 23, 2014
Good place to work. Different stuff to do daily due to most work was service electrical work