Media Temple Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Amazing
Tier3 Customer Support (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 13, 2017
One of the best places to work. Coworkers are all like-minded. There's a culture-fit interview during the hiring process. It's the last step in the process. They bring in existing employees and you sit in a room with them and they see how you all get along, if you fit in with the current culture of the workforce. When I left I was working a 5-day work week from 6am-3pm. However, I started with a 4 day work week with a 6am - 5pm schedule, off F-SA-SU. I joined a different department so my schedule changed.
Pros
great co-workers, a lot of free food, lavish company parties
Cons
Uncommunicative work environment within a failing company
Content Creator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 18, 2017
It is clear that the premium web hosting experience that was once Media Temple is no longer in existence. As a customer support agent, it was clear that the product we were promising was not what the customers were being provided. The management team, while under pressure from their parent company GoDaddy, is not at all communicative to your status as an employee. The many surprising layoffs in the past week are a clear sign that this floundering company is going on a downward spiral with little hope of claiming their top web hosting spot that they once had.
Pros
Free Snacks, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Benefits with too many exceptions and restrictions, Lack of a strong management team to communicate with their employees
Best place I've ever worked
Technical Support II (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 20, 2016
Seriously, I wish I could go back. (mt) is one of the best places you could ever work. I've wished I could return to this job so many times I can't count. Do yourself a favor and try to work here. It's one of LA's best employers to work for for a reason.
Great engineering team.
Sr. Systems Engineer / Storage Architect (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 24, 2014
Media Temple has a very strong engineering team that works closely with support and product development.
Free snacks, Ping Pong, Video Games, Beer
Customer Service Team Lead / Channel Lead (Former Employee) –  Culver CityOctober 15, 2013
Cool company to work for. Fast paced environment and loads of fun.
Amazing place to work. Met some really good people and developed long lasting friendships
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 6, 2013
I worked for (mt) for just over 5 1/2 years as their Sales Director. Ran a very successful sales team that year on year exceeded goals.
Pros
free lunchs, ping pong, pool table, fun events
Cons
culture started to go under new management
Awesome Tech Company With Good Values
Tech Support Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 12, 2011
Media Temple was a blast to work with. I was able to learn a lot about web hosting and server administration, while being paid well and feeling welcomed. The 10 hour shifts on the phone were sometimes a bit rough and angry customers when services were down were no fun. Other than that, we were compensated well, there were lots of free lunches and fun, and we were treated well. You were rewarded when customers gave you praise, which motivated the whole team to do a good job.
Pros
great environment, good pay, good values
Cons
long shifts, angry customers