Mediacom Communications Corporation
59Below average

Mediacom Communications Corporation Employee Reviews

United States596 reviews
Overall great job
Overall great job and great co-workers. However, the pay could be better. Mediacom seems to care about their employees and recognize those who exceed expectations.
No $$$ here
Start off around $11/hr with the opportunity to get .75 raise a year. So crawling around dirt crawl spaces, getting in 120+ degree attics, dealing with legit crack heads, going in bedbug/flea/lice infested houses for a couple bucks more than flipping burgers
Pros
Supervisor was great, other techs willing to help
Cons
Work not worth the money they pay
Work day / raises
Work days started at 8 and ended when the last job was done. Some days you'd rush through work others you wouldn't have enough to do to keep busy during the day. Starting wage was $11.50 or something after training you will get a 25 cent raise. You can do two courses to get two 25 cent raise. I moved up to a BBS 2 within a year which gives you a dollar raises. Raises do come however it is a lot of work on your own time.
Good company to use as stepping stone if you have no experience
Job does not pay enough for the amount responsibility the upper management wants you to take on. They try to make up with it with incentives and prizes, which does not help. Good people to work with, decent core values, but let's be honest, we're not volunteering here it's all about the money.
Pros
Good people and you get to take a company vehicle home
Cons
Pay
Entry Level Pay Is A Joke!
For the extreme amount of injury risks a company like this puts you in, the barely above minimum wage entry level pay is a joke. Promotion is only possible if management will allow you to take any time out of the field to actually do testing. Not a good company, don't work here!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great Company
Mediacom has been an excellent company to work for and I hate to leave, but I am relocating to Kansas City, MO and Mediacom does not offer employment opportunities in that area.
There awesome
N/A its handsone and it is base of your qualifications. There is nothing more that I can give you other its a goid job to eork at the benefits are good and the more you work the bonus you get
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Job was cool . But 12.50 an hour to climb 30ft polls is not worth it
The job is cool . you always get 40 hours a week . the pay is low and the self promotion was lame . You have to pay to take courses to advance you get your money back after you pass. And get a $0.25 raise . but can only take 2 courses a year. The job itself is cool the raises and pay sucked
Fun overall and motivational company to work for
Depending on what area of the company you work for determines the typical day. Most areas are overflow for other departments off site. Collections is very different than the customer care areas.
Dont work here !
You're out late job has no work family life balance you don't get paid much money... Management does not care about you or your family or any appointments or things you have to do outside of work
Productive and fun place to work
I really enjoy working at Mediacom Communications however the market is so competitive that it makes my job hard sometimes. I do get the necessary materials to do my job and I love the flexibility it offers it's sales team.
Not so bad
Honesty everyone I worked with were chill and for the most part helpful. Management worked with me in time I needed off. Got tired of the same ole same ole but plenty of relaxing time. Worst part was the in call and weekend work
Very Demanding
On a non-sales day, you're expected to knock on atleast 90 doors. (If you close a good sale, a lot of time you can take the liberty of going home, but most sales come off of leads and past interactions.) Your salary is capped at 8.50 an hour, 40 hrs a week, not getting paid for hours worked over that. Compensation pay is fair when hitting goals, but goals are often times unrealistic for new sales people. Very little life work balance. You're expected to be available for customers and business offices from the time you wake up, until you go to bed.
A great company to work for
Very flexible, reliable if you need help just ask for it it’s like an extended family and that’s how they treat you. Great benefits and you don’t have to worry about a thing!
Horrible Place to Work
Probably about the worst place one can work. Extremely low pay. Turnover is very high. They try to recruit you with a pay cut and a beautiful corporate office which is just a shrine to the CEO and his family. The business survives despite itself. Management spends most of their time appeasing the irrational family members.
Pros
Free coffee, beautiful office
Cons
Everything else
Go to another cable company
Just take my warning and save your time. Go work at a different cable company. This place sucks. Pay is horrible. Management shows favoritism and dosent even really care about thier favorites. Run into a problem and call your supervisor and the only help you get is them saying "Idk what to tell you do the best you can ".
Stay Away
This place is beautiful on the outside but horrible inside supervisors and management talk about the staff. Pay is horrible and work is long and hard.
cut our pay at christmas in 2017
was a good company till they got greedy and took all of the sales peoples money that we were making , they got rid of the vice president of sales then they let the head of customer service take over , this was all planned so they could slowly start cutting our pay down , we were getting 16 dollars a phone then at x mas they cut it down to 6 a phone , for no good reason , oh keep in mind the owner bought a soccer team which is called the NY comets at the same time he cut our pay, he is not a good owner and this is bad business practice, I know someone who works there because he has no choice at moment and they phone is down to a dollar a phone !!!! if you are looking at this dont even bother going to this company , it is too stressful for the little money you wait to get
Work environment was very clean. I liked the overtime and the teammates. Benefits are good. training was good had very good was able to move up with company
Pros
Hour lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks
You will always have something to do.
You work with a small group of associates installing and repairing cable, phone, and internet. The team is always helpful and you will always learn something new.
Customer care
Mediacom it self is a great company to work for. They have great benefits. Great health insurance and it’s affordable. Complimentary services. You can take up to 2 classes per year and get a .25 cent raise per class. Also you will get 2 yearly raises. Cons: customer aren’t very friendly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mediacom Communications Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9