Medical Center of Arlington Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Travel Nurse CVICU/ ICU (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 29, 2018
always were able to find enough staff despite being extremely busy. Equipment was available and in good repair. Management was concerned with how busy and frequently provided meals.
hard, sressful
Oncology Staff (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 27, 2018
physically, emotionally, mentally challenging, more pt's per nurse, very little help, Lack of staff, nurse and tech wise, very demanding families, No appreciation at all.
Enjoyable and great learning facility.
Registered Nurse (PRN) - ER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at Medical City of Arlington because we are working together as a team and it has given me the chance to learn a lot about Emergency room nursing.
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2018
In my position we were a close knit group including management. The most enjoyable part was knowing that everyone was approachable and you felt appreciated.
Pros
Flexibility
workplace culture
Labor & Delivery/OB Triage RN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 9, 2018
This is a very stressful place to work. This is a perfect place for learning but advancement is difficult and the unit is very clique-ish. The nurse to patient ratio is overwhelming and at times it seems it is a factory instead of a healthcare facility. Get them in and out should be their motto.
Pros
doctors were awesome
Cons
short or no breaks, no or minimal pay raises
Busy
RN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 14, 2017
Not interested in reviewing this facility. Compensation was appropriate for the area. Management was attentive. There is room for advancement within.
Great people, just not enough of them!
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 27, 2017
Short staffed, but the nurses and doctors have great hearts. The stress is getting to us. Recent changes in the upper management have shaken up the nursing ratios and many seasoned staff have left out of frustration.
stressful
Registered Nurse-Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2017
work with minimum staff, management doesn't take responsibility or recognize need for change, lack of support from management, staff is cultured and fun to work with
Poor Leadership
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 16, 2017
During the time that I worked at Medical Center of Arlington the nurses had no voice in processes involved with patient care. Four patients, mostly high-acuity, were assigned. Many of the guidelines management had in place took nurses away from the care of their patients because they were carrying out case manager duties or retrieving their assigned patient from the the ED. Ancillary staff were often times disengaged which created at times created a heavier workload on the nurses.
Pros
Colleagues/Pay
Cons
very busy (miny County hospital)
STAFF REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 6, 2017
after working their 9+ yrs, no value or respect. pay as prn nurse stayed the same the whole 9+ yrs. employee turnover is horrible. managers not friendly
Pros
a check or job security by the pt load
Cons
always under staffed. always agency, no rightful lunch break
Patient focused
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 30, 2017
The administration at this hospital is very patient and staff focused. They make sure that all employees stay aware and informed of everything that is happening.
Great Experience
RN- Heart and Vascular Center, Cardiac Step (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2017
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, I love the entire team and culture of MCA, especially HVC, my unit.

Everyone commits to the team effort in providing patient care.

No one looked to blame others, just looked for solutions.

I can't say enough good things about the facility.

Like most hospitals, I feel like a lot of work is still needed in the kitchen, but MCA showed constant efforts in improving standards. I admire that. But, canned sodas should not be free and plentiful for anyone, especially sick patients! :)
review
Health Unit Coordinator, Neurolog (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 15, 2017
My work day is very busy. I am their unit secretary but I just don't sit at the desk for twelve hours. I often interact with patients and their families on a daily one on one basis. Management encourages you to persure higher education ann HCA offers reimbursement.
Quality department
QUALITY (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 6, 2017
A nice atmosphere to work in. The people I worked with were friendly and accommodating. MCA as a whole is not employee friendly. There is a lot of turn around in management and a lack of trust among employees.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Employees are not paid as well as other surrounding hosptials
good place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 28, 2017
I learned something new everyday. Everyone helped each other from the blood bank to the phlebotomist. MCA was a friendly working environment that I really enjoyed being apart of.
co workers fun, but very stressful job
Supervisor ER and Radiology night shift (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 24, 2017
I thought the co workers were great, however the shifts were never covered properly and this made the patients wait time alot longer than they should have been.
Pros
good employees
Cons
shifts not covered well
very clean
Patient Care Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 15, 2017
Medical Center Of Arlington is a very nice place to work. They really do show that they care about their staff and patients. very clean and helpful in very area or the hospital.
overall good hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 24, 2017
overall good hospital. could use some improvement like every hospital. high turnover rate in management and staff. A Great group of people to work with.
Pros
friendly work place
Cons
understaffed
Highly productive and fast paced environment
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Wonderful staff, team was highly proficient and an honor to work with. I learned how to prioritize and how to work in a fast paced environment within in very short period of time.
Family
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work with people who care, fast paced hospital with opportunities for new learning and change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Center of Arlington. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Center of Arlington Reviews by Location