Medical Center of Lewisville Employee Reviews

Poor Census
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 3, 2018
As a PRN PCT you will get the worst hours. When the hospital census is low, you will be on call for weeks on end. So if you really need a job with dependable hours, you will be screwed. The PCT to patient ratio is terrible. Especially at night you may have 17 patients in med surg while other techs in other departments have 9-uneven work load. Overall I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone who needs a stable job with predictable hours. Even the full time PCTs go though the same issues.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Poor Census and PCT to patient ratio
PRN G.I.Tech (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 9, 2017
Great place to work, I love the people and my co workers and mgmt are great. I love working there. I love the small town feel of the hospital. I love the things that we do for our patients, I would tell my friends and family to come to this hospital for the great care that is given.
Best place ever worked (for real)
Charge/Staff Nurse Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2017
So, the only reason I'm no longer there is because I moved across the country, I started as a traveler there and decided to take the pay cut to work permanently there. of course other things arised and I had to move. The management team was actually very involved and they are the new normal for me to compare to. The other nurses were very helpful and friendly made it feel like a home instead of a job will miss working there very much
Pros
great company management, homey feeling
Cons
fast paced 2/1 labors
a good place to learn nursing
Surgical Floor Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 13, 2017
If you have a good leader at MCL things go smoothly but they do not always keep good leaders. They are more interested in making money than caring for patients and employees.
Hospital Environment
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 20, 2017
Small hospital environment, fun place to work. managers easy to approach and talk to. easy scheduling work and life balance of family and school priorities.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
no cons
Typical hospital
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 15, 2017
Was my first job moving to Texas. Started out great. Allowed opportunity to cross train in multiple modalities. Radiologists were great to work with. Ended being a typical busy hospital setting with the usual office politics. A lot of good people left.
Cons
daytime politics
good environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Good team participation, with all specialties working together cohesively. Regular schedule to make planning things easier. Great coworkers on my team.
Pros
good coworkers
Great place to work!
PRN Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 24, 2016
From top to bottom, this hospital has some of the best staff I've seen in a long time. They're as committed to their employees as they're to patients. I highly recommend!!!
Pros
Opportunity to grow as a clinician!
Cons
Can't think of any right now!
Great place to work and grow your career
Cardiopulmonary Supervisor and Educator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 20, 2016
The hospital has a welcoming environment and staff is given an opportunity to grow their careers. Co-workers all came together as a team to produce good results for patients. Employees will run while at work but help is found if needed. Exposure to multiple areas of care helps employees grow in their career.
Pros
Great place to work and grow your career
Cons
Very busy while staffing
Great Place
Office Manager / Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Primarily responsible for managing and assisting the AVP of Musculoskeletal Services and the Director of Rehab Services with administrative and sales support tasks relating to Rehabilitation Department.
They care about their employees
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 17, 2016
I have worked for big companies before. I have never worked for one that actually cared about their employees. MCL is a great place to work.
learn alot, a productive place
hospitality associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 14, 2015
lots of walking had 65 patients or more to see 4 days work and 3 days off.. hardest part of my job was not able to give what customer/patient wanted because of there diet ...co-workers where fun to be around helpful and respecful..
Had good employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 4, 2015
Had employees that always worked together as a team. We started with two schedulers then grew the department to 8 schedulers and centralized the scheduling for the whole hospital.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no cons
Great organization culture
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  LewisvilleSeptember 5, 2015
I loved the team work and culture as a staff nurse in the Emergency Department of Medical Center of Lewisville. My boss encouraged me to apply for the Clinical Educator position after 8 months in the ED. MCL creates a culture of opportunity and encourages each nurse to continue to grow as a professional. I loved my experience as the Educator at MCL, and am ready for additional growth in the healthcare industry.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Compensation
Family-like & Close-knit Facility
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2015
Nursing can be a very demanding and stressful profession. However, it is substantialy easier to handle with such helpful and knowledgeable coworkers, as those at Medical Center of Lewisville (MCL). On more days than not, your day is over just as quickly as it began; in other words, the job is very upeat and fast-paced. Patient-to-nursing ratios depend upon acuity and unit, but are generally acceptable and safe. There is always oppurtunity for advancement for hard-working and highly accountable seeking individuals. Management, for the most part, is very accessable and involved with staff; with exception of a relatively new unit that is connected to the main hospital. MCL just received Magnet status early in 2015. Since, this hospital is a small, but expanding, community-based hospital it is very close-knit and has family-like feel that is highly welcoming!
Pros
Close-knit and team-oriented coworkers; Magnet-status
Cons
Short-staffed; Poor management on developing unit connected w/ MCL
Helpful co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Medical Center of LewisvilleJuly 4, 2015
Working 8 hrs on a day with 1 hr break. Our management recognize our contributions to company. I am enjoying working with my co-workers. They are very friendly and helpful each other.
Pros
Holiday free lunch
I was a student nurse
student nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 30, 2014
It was a rewarding experience to not only perform the nursing interventions with our nurses but to get real-time experience about what transpires on the hospital floors and how to deal with them.
horrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 26, 2014
It was a great place to work until the current management took over.If you have an opinion on how you think the department should be run forget it. The current management only wants it there way. You also must watch what you say to fellow employees if there feelings are hurt you are gone.
Pros
nurses are great
Cons
bad management
Worst "leadership" ever
EVS Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 24, 2014
Horrible management. An arrogant group that don’t have enough sense to get in out of the rain and yet sit around and pat themselves on the back all while forcing employees to perform 2-3 full time positions. Ask for help and you’re not a team player and will be black balled. Deceitful, conniving and worst of all will set your career back 10 years.
Worked here in 2003
Labor & Delivery RN (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 23, 2014
It was over 10 years ago, but such precious memories, working in Labor & Delivery.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Center of Lewisville. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Center of Lewisville Reviews by Location