Medical City Healthcare

nursepatienthcamedicalcityunitstaffnursing

Accountibility and Willingness

Featured review

Medical City Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I have previously worked at HCA for almost 20 years. I came back after almost 2 years from my husband's transfer in his facility in another city. I missed HCA and their core values. I talked to former HCA employees at my previous job (not HCA) and they felt the same. I feel like I am at home and VALUED. That is the most important thing as an employee. I have the support of the whole team. My leaders are exemplary. I love that they are accountable and have a higher standard. I thank my leader all the time for hiring me back. I cannot say enough about my career...

Micromanagement

Everything is micromanaged and it affects your ability to provide good nursing care to your patients. They don’t consider your patient assignment before giving you another high acuity patient. The team work is a hit or miss.

Medical City Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Great Experience

I loved it because you get help people and make a positive impact on their lives. As an environmental technician I get to make a difference in maintaining a clean safe environment.

Lack of management support, short staffing.

Avoid working here as a nurse. Patients have to wait in the ER for multiple days until they can be transferred to a unit with a bed due to the hospital being severely short staffed. In addition, they are building a new patient tower but do not have enough staff to accommodate their current patient load. Nurses on the progressive care unit have to care for 6 patients. Cardiovascular nurses have to care for 5 patients. Leadership and management only care about money and do not care about their staff or poor patient experience s due to lack of staff. No resources are available at this hospital. Nurses are left to drown.

Rn

Staff was nice. At times the environment was unorganised and underprepared for patient needs. Staff competency (besides module training) was not required before taking patients after cath lab procedures.

If you want to feel single out then this is for you

A lot of favoritism ,messy job supervisor, management late checks it’s a mess if you don’t care about work and just want a check work here if you care about your mental then dont, very under staffed

Pros

Decent pay if you have prior experience

Cons

Hostile work environment, messy and ghetto

awesome work place, very helpful collogues and managers.

awesome place to work. good team work, collogues are available to help all the time. management hears your concerns and brings changes accordingly. great place.

environment

good work environment. coworkers are great and build great relationships. management could use some work. lots of changes within the company. very low pay.

Productive & fun place to work

Love my job and the people here they are amazing and always will to help each others management can do better in helping us get better pay but other than that love it

This is a very good place to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?family like atmosphere, team attitude. and deep caring for the patient from every department makes us stand out in the healthcare field. Our patients are treated as family and with respect, caring and compassion.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I can not think of any stressful things with this companyWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is wonderful and the culture is the best I have ever worked with. People are helpful., friendly, and really care What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very busy! I make sure the lab has everything it needs, I conduct studies during the day. and see patients in the hospital in my role as sleep navigator.

Jobs at Medical City Healthcare

See more jobs

Not for me

This was the most stressful job I’ve ever experienced. From start to finish it was nothing, but stress! Not sure if they’re still doing this now, but working the floor on my own without another registrar as backup during the whole shift was at most times quite chaotic. I had to learn to multi-task very quickly, think fast, & be ready to be pulled out of what I was currently doing at any given moment whether being called by the nurses to do something, an ambulance was arriving, or if labor & delivery needed assistance. We were always pressured by mgmt. to make our numbers when I felt collections should really be handled by the billing dept. & there were constant online trainings we needed to complete (which had deadlines) on top of us doing our job. Honestly the only enjoyable thing about this position for me was meeting friendly patients and working with some of the nicer staff members who helped me when I needed it & made me feel like part of the team from the get go.

Pros

Meeting friendly patients & their families as well as working with some of the nicer staff members.

Cons

Manning the floor alone for my whole shift, constant online training courses, & pressure from mgmt. to make numbers.

The organization has many silos within leadership. Management is corrupt. Ethical complaints are not even safely and securely managed

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the relationships I built with other colleagues, as we shared a common experience dealing with terrible management.

Productive and fun workplace

Working here gain me more experience. I had a work-life balance. The most enjoyable pary of the job was dealing with my great patients. Im happy that I work here

OK work environment

No support they don’t get their employees raises. No support from management but if you want to gain the experience it’s OK just not for a long term. It’s a very stressful job.

HCA is well known to place profits over patients.

This company's mission and vision statement is profit over patients. Minimal support from senior leadership to ensure a safe work environment. The hardest part of the job is working understaffed to perform safe and effective patient care. Management is aware of these issues but turns a blind eye to the mindset of productivity.

Pros

A job

Cons

Over worked, underpaid, understaffed, unsafe work environment, no administrative support, and unsafe patient care.

Work

Good team. Management needs a refresher on what staff nursing is like. A clear disconnect between leadership expectation and real world. Nursing needs more support. Not more pizza.

Great Pay, Terrible Environment

Start with the fact that there were no clinical educators available. Nurses from different floors had knowledge that was passed down through word-of-mouth, so things were often not completed or done incorrectly. Disrespect and bickering between units was never addressed. The only down side is they will pay you well to put you through the gauntlet.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Too many to name

Unrealistic training time, was expected to work during break times, management is out of touch with what goes on on the floor.

It was supposed to be my dream job. The reason I got into nursing, but mangement and the majority of my preceptors made it a miserable experience where I start to doubt my abilities as a nurse.

Pros

Patients were amazing

Cons

Very clique-ish. My preceptors would tell me one thing and management another.

Not a job for everyone, because it maybe easy, but you have to be able to be put down and treated with NO respect.

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting new people because turnover is so high. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Changes. Keep implementing thoughts and changing policies. And the worst part, nothing is communicated to you.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment is one of the worst ever. People back stabbing to gain levels and favoritism is granted. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Great when management is not there, but overall, stressful, unorganized, and not friendly. Makes you feel bad for the patients and their families.

Total disaster. Stay away

Total hellhole. By far the worst place I have ever worked. I have never witnessed so many nurses thrown under the bus. Management will step on you any chance they get. Horrible culture. Terrible management.

Pros

Cons

Short staffing, pushing patients out of the icu for more beds, culture, management

Nice

Not bad of an environment to work in long term. Always felt like I was listened to and appreciated most days. I felt the work schedule was manageable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical City Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight