Medical City Healthcare logo

Found 1,404 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,412 reviews

Accountibility and Willingness

Featured review

Medical City Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I have previously worked at HCA for almost 20 years. I came back after almost 2 years from my husband's transfer in his facility in another city. I missed HCA and their core values. I talked to former HCA employees at my previous job (not HCA) and they felt the same. I feel like I am at home and VALUED. That is the most important thing as an employee. I have the support of the whole team. My leaders are exemplary. I love that they are accountable and have a higher standard. I thank my leader all the time for hiring me back. I cannot say enough about my career...

I love my coworkers!

It is an opportunity for advancement although I have yet to be given the resources to be successful. Unfortunately, healthcare has turned into just another human body is another number and that is just how it goes. If you’re not an RN at least it just feels like you’re replaceable and the workload is insanely busy. I am blessed to have a unit the does appreciate my being but if you float, you’re thrown to the wolves with sometimes a whole floor worth of patients.

Pros

Coworkers, tuition reimbursement

Cons

12s shifts, pay, workload, census is wild currently

Work Environment

There is an amazing work environment. That is what brought me to Medical City. There are a ton of options for me to grow with the organization. Highly recommended

Understaffed is an understatement. Their excuse is that there isn’t enough “volume” for more staffing.

I beg anyone to read this before applying to radiologyThey are understaffedYou are often left alone and then you have delays & they hound you for it. Nonstop the supervisor comes In every DAY around 230pm which is shift change because they almost only offer 8 hour shifts and she questions everyone for any or all delays.Meditech sucks. I would not even refer my enemy to work here. Mind you, I’m still an employee and have applied elsewhere. They lie to you about raises.Overall, not a good place to work.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes no actual break because they are short staffed but they get mad if you didn’t “clock” out.

Good company busy floor

It's a good company, they just need growth in their management. They treat nurses like disposable and the ones that stay are always struggling to stay afloat.

Pros

Never canceled 😁

Cons

Never canceled 😞

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

great place to work

it was a great place to work. you learn a lot and meet awesome people and you learn so much. Social Workers work amazingly, Nursing staff is awesome, MHTs are great at what they do.

Ok place to work

If you’re into being exhausted at the end of shift, work here, often it’s so busy they tell you how you are the main of the department, and then you get beat to death.

terrible management

Medical City is a private hospital and their focus is $$$. Very negative nursing culture. If you speak up about staffing or safety, theres payback. No chance to grow and share ideas. They want mindless obedient drones. The charting syatem is DOS based and 30 years old. don't work here!

Pros

fancy employee gifts

Cons

short staffed, unsafe, micromanagers

Ok experience

Better experience with management. Working as floor nursing is challenging. Not a lot of versatility with moving from department to department. Staffcare great to work with

Pros

Different units

Busy

For profit hospital, very busy, short staffed , not enough help because they do not want to staff the department with healthcare workers. The cafeteria employees are rude to the workers and visitors.

Jobs at Medical City Healthcare

See more jobs

Their desire to have hospt

Just wish for more security in my job/position. Also more chance for advancementOverall this is a great place with some needs for “improving” themselves. Both with patients/visitors and appearance.

Pros

Snack fridge!!!

Flexible

My position fortunately allows for great flexibility on my schedule. Can make my own schedule. Benefits are reasonable for a single person. The job is not very stressful. Co-workers very helpful. There is a lot of turnover

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Short breaks, short staff

June 1, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It means a lot to us to be able to learn and grow from your experiences. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your flexible schedule and your whole overall experience. We will share your feedback with our team to continue to motivate all!

Lots of teamwork amongst staff

I worked as a New York traveler at this facility. All of the staff was very nice. I would go back again given the opportunity.All of the neuro-trauma ICU charge nurses were great! ICU nurse manager the best of any I've worked with.

Pros

Lots of teamwork great nurse/patient ratio

June 1, 2021
We really appreciate your review! We are committed to our colleagues and we care for them like family, so we are so glad that you experienced this within our culture at HCA Healthcare. Reviews like this give us the motivation to keep striving for greatness everyday!

Never enough staff

Scheduling for a hospital is horrible. Monday through Friday employees and no coverage for the weekends. Hiring people who do not show up or cannot do the job. Pressure to work extra hours

Pros

Cons

Understaffed, left alone several shifts, feel underappreciated

June 1, 2021
We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. We take your comments very seriously, and we will learn from them and make improvements moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Job Security

Compensation for lab workers is not good. You tend to need to work 40 extra hours to make a decent wage. They tend to focus more on other sections and forget the lab. However they do have good benefits and incentives and represent job security.

June 1, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This way, we're able to hear from our colleagues about their experience so we can continue making improvements and providing you all with the best possible environment.

Productive and fun workplace

Staff is very supportive and as any other hospital micromanagement does not care about employees. There is always staff shortage which make the enviroment a little more stressful.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Pay

June 1, 2021
Thank you for your candid feedback! We love to hear about your positive experience with HCA Healthcare. We also appreciate you sharing your concerns so we that we can continue to improve.

Fine

The pay and the people is what kept me there for years. I just got tired of doing the job itself. I was ready for a new career path. But I would recommend the company to a friend.

Pros

free meals

Cons

short staffed

Lacking leadership

The lack of proper leadership has created a culture of cutting corners and not following best practice. There is no support for change either. People are happy how things are and don't want to mess with the status quo for fear of upsetting the old guard.

Pros

close to home, easy job

Cons

leadership, not following protocol

Micromanagement, racism, assembly line type

This is a horrible place to work even if you have a medical license and are hired in at an upper pay scale. If people are more than 7 minutes late or early they are wrote up. People must clock in and out for lunch. If you clock back in 7 minutes too early or late before your given 30 minutes, you are wrote up. After 3 times of being wrote up, you are fired. The management allows this rule to be broken by favorites but not by others. There are many many other situations like this. The insurance is expensive and not good.

Pros

They give you a turkey during the holidays

Cons

I worked there for 13 years and the last 8 years did not get a raise but had great reviews

June 1, 2021
We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us and we take them seriously. Our responsibility is to the health and well-being of our patients AND our colleagues. We apologize that you did not have the positive experience that we strive to provide to all of our colleagues. We will learn and grow from your experience to ensure that we are providing the best care moving forward and making improvements.

Resources readily available for patients.

Educational,Friendly,Helpful.AntiBullying,Enough staff to efficiently take care of census.Breaks were offered when needed as required per law.Parking was optimal.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Short breaks

May 18, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are actively working on hiring more staff to help with the ratios. We understand your frustration and we will share your experience with our team so we can make improvements moving forward.

Lacks Diversity in Upper level management

Radiology management is terrible and biased. Many complaints made to HR but no changes. The staff is over worked and under staffed. The Department culture is negative and unprofessional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical City Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight