Play YouTube video button

Medical City Healthcare Employee Reviews

Short staffed, overworked, underpaid
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2018
Great staff.. They're what keeps that place afloat. Benefits were Ok. Pay was at least $5 or more under avg and pt:nurse ratios were unsafe almost every shift. Expect you to basically sink or swim. Upper management only cares about the numbers game and expects you to do whatever it takes to get those numbers even if it puts your license on the line. Alot of great staff.. It's too bad they don't recognize it.
Pros
Amazing people.
Cons
Pay, no lunch, no respect
Replaced with auto tellers
Parking Lot Cashier/Office Helper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2018
After 4 years working here all parking cashiers were given 2 weeks notice in December 2014 we were being replaced with auto tellers and would no longer be employeed here. There was no severance pay just our last paycheck. After 3 years of working here I finally got a $.40 raise.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Replaced with auto tellers
Or
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
The OR is not a good place to work. I wasn't satisfied with the job I had. The job was presented different when I interviewed for it. One I started working the job started to change. When I informed the management team of issues going on I never heard back from them. SPD was disaster. Never enough instruments and no one seemed to care if they were needed for cases. All upper management throughout the hospital were new. Just made we wonder what was really going on in the hospital.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Everything but benefits
Good upper management, learned lots of skills
NICU RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2018
Overall great place to work. There was some favoritism in the NICU and the charge nurses would give the easy assignments to their friends and leave new nurses or nurses they weren't friends with the stressful and difficult patients.
Pros
Great benefits, get paid on time
Cons
Hardly any break in a 12 hour shift, not enough nurses to fill the need
Work Flow
Multi Skilled Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Medical City is a nice place to work although there is no advancement or growth within the department. The pay is low and doesn't make with the cost of living, as the annual raise is no more than .25cents with a prefect job performance.
Pros
manager is great
Cons
staff ok
High stress environment with high hours worked.
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 20, 2018
Overall review, I believe they do not compensate their employees with enough pay. Have to work overtime just to make enough. Work/life schedule is not balanced due to understaffed conditions at the job. Management does not think of their employees and their needs, the only thing they’re concerned with is how they can better maximize productions efficiently and accurately. They over work employees and take advantage of the situation of there not being enough staff which causes new employees to quit due to working over 60 hours weekly. Job needs to new management in place, quite a bit more employees, and better salary pay for its employees.
Pros
Great co-workers, can have as much overtime as you want, guaranteed hours, job security
Cons
Overworked, no advancement, low pay, hard to get vacation, poor management
good place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  rtNovember 6, 2018
good place to work with flexible hours if needed. good benefits such as education reimbursement. clean facility friendly staff. upper echelon is willing to mentor and help staff grow
Salary low
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2018
This hospital pays below the average hospital in the area for the same skill set. Self scheduling is great. The health benefits is very expensive and the company doesn't pay enough. Top performing using evidence based practice.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
health benefits and salary
Attained 'Caregiver (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 5, 2018
It was a cool place to work until they changed management. Day and night people are totally different. The pay sucks. The location was good. The benefits are good.
A typical day at work
Radiology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 6, 2018
When I go to work, I feel as if I am going to see my friends and family. My team works very well together. We work hard to make sure our patients are given the best care possible. We can rely on each other to help out any time it is needed. This type of environment makes for a very enjoyable day at work.
Pros
We are given the freedom to make our own decisions, We are not micro-managed, It feels good to know that we are trusted to make good decisions for the company
Cons
We do not get compensated as much as other facilities in the area pay their employees, Based on our workload compared to other facilities, this can be a little frustrating.
Productive work environment
Staff labor/delivery nurse/OB triage (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2018
Fast paced work environment, many offers for extension of contract, Affordable health benefits, good employee discounts for entertainment, good selection of retirement benefits and opportunities for advancement
Looks can be deceiving
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2018
The unit appeared quiet and peaceful amid the sparkling new floors. This appearance concealed what could often be described as the quiet desperation of staff nurses trying vigorously to get their work done, often without breaks. CNAs were often sent to other floors leaving nurses to complete all of the tasks, including those that can be performed by non-licensed personnel. The floor had no unit secretary and the charge nurses took patients. In short, staff nurses have very little support. Even housekeeping was spotty at best. Nurses were left to "take out the trash" which would be overflowing on to the dirty patient room floors. Management seemed disinterested in the plight of nursing personnel and only interested in patient satisfaction scores. Training is brief and inadequate while new hires are quickly thrown into the mix and expected to be fully functional. The promise of additional training if one is struggling is an empty one.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
See review
Management needs overhaul
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 1, 2018
This company was great years ago! But management is now greedy and care less about the employees!
They spend millions on renovations, but will not give employees any type of raise! I honestly think management would get a bonus if they could keep from giving you anymore money! It's high stress with way to much work for the employee's. Always short staffed. Over worked and under paid! Have to fight for your breaks even though they're taken oyt of your pay regardless!
Avoid this place.
Pros
Cons
Very low wages! Low staffing! Bad Management!
It's a very complicated environment to work with. The senior management has failed to implement their taken vision.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 5, 2018
They have a very good work/life balanced schedule but have shortfall to established team concept and increase accountability among departments. The management failed to align everybody for a common goal and to established employee accountability for not doing their part before deadline.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
its not a healthy environment to work with.
Excellent Place to Work
Director of Support Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
Excellent work culture, very experienced senior management staff, excellent benefits and compensation. Great work environment and personal life balance is afforded to all.
Oncology/Med-Surg/Tele floor
RN Oncology & Medical-Telemetry-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Floor nursing in general can be overwhelming but on this floor there is a great group of nurses that come together to assist each other through the nights that were tougher than usual. Management was great in accommodating my schedule while I was attending school. Loved self scheduling.
Pros
medications were free under health plan, dental and vision were great, self scheduling, flexible management on this floor
Cons
health benefits were not the greatest, high cost to visit doc, very stressful, very busy floor, not good at hiring before the busy season starts
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2018
I have been at Medical City Alliance since day one and I love it here. The senior leaders are amazing and they really do care about their employees. Also everyone knows everyone which is great.
Pros
Senior leaders, team work, work enviornment
Cons
pay/ benefits
Great place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 16, 2018
Plenty of opportunity for growth, new career paths and education. There is a diverse group of leadership male, female and many ethnicities. Dignity and respect for all people from the janitor to the CEO is very important at Medical City Health.
Pros
Job security with continued hospital growth and being a level 1 trauma center.
Cons
Hourly wage could be better, it’s lower than other DFW health systems
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2018
Learned more about patients and families, the best method to take care of them, management was good, workplace culture was good, the hardest part is when we are short staffed or have no tech. to help with patient care, the work environment was good but the distance to get there was long and hard to drive due to traffic.
Pros
Christmas parties and gift certificates for Thanksgiving
Cons
long drive, traffics, and always scared to be late to work
great
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2018
great place to work I love my co-workers. I love the environment. Great place for advancement opportunities. Wonderful benefits 401k package is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical City Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.