Medical City Plano Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
overall good work environment with collaborative efforts with patients needs in best interest. good place to work, nice staff and good communication. enjoyable
Its growing fast and becoming well known in the Medical field
Narcotic tech/Chemo tech/ FrontTech (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2018
Lots going on- different areas to work-training when available- resources when possible. Love the volunteers, staff, availability of upper management. Great sense of family and home
Pros
Lots to do
Cons
limited
floor nursing never easy
Staff RN Day shift (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 9, 2018
Good place to work. Great team, very supportive. Schedule is flexible based on self scheduling. Many opportunities for professional growth. Expect to work hard.
Pros
flexible schedule, great team
Cons
floor nursing never easy
It was a nice place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 2, 2018
Busy and stressful.
I learned how to run the floor machine.
Management not organized.
It was ok.
Being moved around a lot.
When everyone spoke the same.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Getting points when not being able to get to work in bad weather
Each work day was different depending on ther person in charge
Registered Nurse, July 2017 (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2018
During my time with Medical City Plano there was a shift in management. Our previous assistant supervisor was very nurse oriented and made our work environment very pleasant. The nurse that replaced him was somewhat authority driven. She was very involved in the personal aspects of the staffs work and tended to increase the level of anxiety felt by most of the employees in the PACU. She was very motivated by rumors and displayed that behavior on the unit, sometimes in front of patients. The overall staff however was very supportive of one another and displayed a tremendous amount of loyalty not only to each other but also to paitient care.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
difficult management
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working at MCP. He hospital continues to grow and offers plenty of opportunity to work extra. The hospital continues to improve the facilities.
Fun place to work
PLANO - OutPatient Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 13, 2018
Great place to work, coworkers are awesome and help in anyway needed. Good management and will listen to the concerns we have and try to fix them. Enjoyed my work every day.
Pros
free ceu's
Cons
low pay
Review
Float Pool Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 3, 2018
Very busy trama 1 hospital. Usually always at full
Capacity. Very diverse and fast paced. High demands on customer service. No incentives to work extra shifts. Fair salary.
Pros
Good 401k. Good tuition reimbursement program
Cons
No incentives for extra shifts
Its a trauma 1 center.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 2, 2018
so basically you can expect to be very busy. Their were plenty of days in which I couldn't even eat lunch. Old out date charting system didn't help with that at all.
Pros
Its very close to where I live. Foods great. Plenty of benefits.
Cons
very busy
Lack of team work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2018
The hardest part of the job was when we only have one pct and none of the nurse would help. If we worked as a team we would get the job done and the patients would be more happier
Pros
They will help you go to school
Cons
no team work
n/a
RN (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 19, 2018
stressful/unsafe patient assignments/underpaid/high risk/no management/devalued pregnancy/horrible benefits/no lunch breaks/unfair HR department/the list could go on
A place for oppurtunity
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 14, 2018
I cleaned the rooms as they were signed to me the nursing staff was very nice to me I love the job I worked overnight it was just a management that was very poor. I learned how to handle chemicals how to use them how to clean with them what to use on certain surfaces the hardest part of this job is that there was not enough help overnight at this job so I had to clean the whole entire hospital by myself at night
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Maria the manager
Management needs overhaul
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 1, 2018
This company was great years ago! But management is now greedy and care less about the employees!
They spend millions on renovations, but will not give employees any type of raise! I honestly think management would get a bonus if they could keep from giving you anymore money! It's high stress with way to much work for the employee's. Always short staffed. Over worked and under paid! Have to fight for your breaks even though they're taken oyt of your pay regardless!
Avoid this place.
Pros
Cons
Very low wages! Low staffing! Bad Management!
Was great at first...
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Was great at first, had a very good, skilled manager then when it became Medical City they became greedy, making lots of pay cuts and budget cuts, the quality of workers hired went down, then the culture and morale, trust became lower in my department, the patient care went down as well, its not as good a hospital anymore, we were no longer a family, most of my coworkers quit or transferred, I tried to stay, but the manager had me on her radar for a long time looking at all my mistakes and not others, so I left and am looking for something else.
Pros
Paid lunches, good medical insurance
Cons
New slave labor mentality management, and poorly managed.
Great work place
HVAC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasJanuary 13, 2018
It is a great Hospital full of Professional, caring people who provide excellent Healthcare. I am leaving because I was promoted from Maintenance Mechanic II to HVAC Tech with NO pay advancement and job duties and responsibilities increased two fold!
No review needed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I dont have a review to give in reference to this employer. Ive worked here in Plano for over a year and i extremely unpleased with management in my department.
fun, fast paced, brillant people
Staff RN and relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Was great place to work as I grew up as a professional nurse. Learned fast paced, high acuity, management of all kinds of patients, and all levels of ER care.
Pros
learning and teaching
Cons
management turned over 4 times
Fast paced place
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 28, 2017
High turn over rate for employees. Upper management does not seem to care about employees or patients. Work loads are very heavy and unmanageable most of the time.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Heavy work loads, uncaring senior management
Not a very friendly or organized OR.
Certified Surgical Technologist Traveler (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 4, 2017
I have never disliked going to work so much. I am thankful that this is just a travel assignment and that I don't have much time left at this facility.
Stressful and no feeling of stability
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  RadiologyAugust 4, 2017
No room for improvement or future. Overworked and underpaid. I would not suggest this hospital to a friend for employment. Employees are treated as meat to be worked until they quit.