Medical City Employee Reviews

A culture of excellence...
Serving as Plant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
At Medical City Dallas, our culture reflects our mission statement.

The senior leadership at our facility is solid, and committed to fulfilling our mission statement.

"Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of life."
Pros
Great leadership
Tuition Reinbursement
CT Tech II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2018
It is busy, but job security. Be ready to work in fast pace enviroment. Everyday is a new day so always expect that. The city is a great place to learn.
great
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2018
great place to work I love my co-workers. I love the environment. Great place for advancement opportunities. Wonderful benefits 401k package is great.
productive
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2018
Company does not promote equality among employees. They dont want some suggestions coming from employess. However, the experience was good. Especially, meeting some different medical cases.
Pros
day shift
Cons
poor benefits and working condition
Potential To Be Great Again
Surgery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2018
Amazing, hard working people in surgery. Strong team work, a second family away from home. Patients, and families, as well as surgeons are treated with dignity and respect. Fast pace, demanding, critical thinking environment is a daily occurrence.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Disconnected. Too big to function properly. Too much blaming
Director of Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed the people in my department. There were 135 employees to manage with only two supervisors so the work was tuff. The CEO changed every six month while I was employed. I had no direct support from administration because my direct report quit 6 months after hiring me. I finally left for a better job culture.
Pros
staff
Cons
no support from above
Critical care Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 2, 2018
I worked there briefly while in grad school. The manager was really supportive, and it was a great place to work. I left because of school schedule which was becoming hectic
Was great until I got a new manager
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 1, 2018
New Cut throat management, low morale with the new ghetto crew, I Miss my older ladies who all left, they finally got rid of me 2 months ago, 2 old Employees left trying to hang on in the food nutrition service department, would get asked to fill in on thanksgiving and Christmas when it’s my day off, then later I find out Manager gave me a point for being late.... yes, that’s how they play at medical city Plano , was there for 3 years. They used to give nice gifts, but not anymore.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
New type of Cut throat management to stab you in the back.
Do not even consider this hospital!
RN (Former Employee) –  DallasMarch 31, 2018
Nurses do total care, no tech to help with vital signs, blood sugars, bathroom assistants. Very stressful and the head management of HCA could care less. Nurses are very devalued.
Pros
Cons
nurses do everything
medical city
PCA/CNA/tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2018
Medical City Dallas: Love working here, Great benefits, They cared about there employee. I learn alot from my nurses. I also were a patient there and love the the patient care there. I havent found a better plac yet.
RN Nurse Supervisor-Wound Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2018
I love the culture at Medical City Dallas. Nice place to work. The employees there make you feel like family. Everyone works together as a team. I learned a lot from my leaders and what I have will go with me throughout my career.
Pros
Collaboration
Looks can be deceiving
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2018
The unit appeared quiet and peaceful amid the sparkling new floors. This appearance concealed what could often be described as the quiet desperation of staff nurses trying vigorously to get their work done, often without breaks. CNAs were often sent to other floors leaving nurses to complete all of the tasks, including those that can be performed by non-licensed personnel. The floor had no unit secretary and the charge nurses took patients. In short, staff nurses have very little support. Even housekeeping was spotty at best. Nurses were left to "take out the trash" which would be overflowing on to the dirty patient room floors. Management seemed disinterested in the plight of nursing personnel and only interested in patient satisfaction scores. Training is brief and inadequate while new hires are quickly thrown into the mix and expected to be fully functional. The promise of additional training if one is struggling is an empty one.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
See review
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Always short staffed. Not safe for pt or nurse. No quarterly bonus. Pay is not all that. Too much work for the pay. Manager is still trying to learn and is in limbo. No outreach activities. Old buildings, rugs etc. Everything is so outdated. Meditech sucks.
Do not recommend.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Shot staffed. Pay . Cafeteria food. No employee health
excellent workplace
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2018
The culture is very tight knit. There are a lot of changes/construction. Anyone would be lucky to join this group of people, I miss this position but had to relocate.
Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2018
No room for advancement for different races other than white people. There is only one black women in a director roll at the Dallas location and that’s rediculous. I been there for less than a year and Ieft
Nope
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Horrible management, horrible pay, no job advancement. People always complain and don't work together. So much needs to improve here. I think that all starts with HCA. Would never recommend this company.
fast paced environment
weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2018
5 patients, usually at least 2 on LVAD
supervision of 36 patients, both units
management structure poor
old computer systems
hard to keep up with charting due to older software
Pros
they paid well
Cons
very stressful, poor management
Front Office Assistant
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Loved the environment -- was interning there while still going to school. Great place to start hands on experience in a work field that is competitive. Had to leave for a much permanent job.
alot of learning offered
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I learned alot here, and there was plenty still to be taught, however i needed pediatric, and at this location it was not offered.

people stay here for 30 plus years but once you leave the corporation it is very difficult to get back in, anywere.
Good place to start a career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2017
This is a good place to start your career. I have been there almost six years, and I have learned a lot. There is a high turnover. Management has changed a lot also over the years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical City. Our community is ready to answer.