Medical College of Wisconsin

Medical College of Wisconsin Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

If many of their employees had to reinterview for the same jobs, they would not make it.
In the dept I work in, diversity is unheard of. Perhaps management is satisfied with the status quo, and do not find it a need to embrace diversity.

Many managers should not be in that position, as they do not know how to manage a team.
Pros
It is a stepping stone to learning.
Cons
Management is lacking engagement with the people yet, they speak of team.
Run Away!
Unless you’re a doctor, you’ll be micromanaged while working there. People who don’t have enough to do walk around the office talking to each other or Eve’s dropping on phone conversations or face to face conversations. Department managers are barely around and if they have their door open they want you to make it quick because they are too overwhelmed with their job to care. It’s toxic and unorganized.
Pros
Hiding in the bathroom
Cons
Privacy, micromanaging, toxic
Very outdated culture
Department of Medicine is a very dated culture. Management and leadership is tragic. Systems and software is dated. This division is completely a mess and needs a overhaul
Poor management Zero advancement, dead ringer
Took this job with the idea that I was going to be able to implement new standards, review and create improved workflows. But so far my department does not welcome change. They state they "are open to change" but so far all my ideas and suggestions have been turned away. They aren't even willing to try. There is no flexibility or room to make up time off. you can't work from home. The worse part is you have to allow an about an hr of your time just to get to appt since you aren't allowed to park on campus. You have to shuttle in. Even the shuttle is unreliable. Sometimes making my commute home longer than I expected. The culture here punch in/ punch out do your job. There isn't much of a high morale here. I'm looking to leaving soon!
Mcw
I would not recommend a friend/family to work for MCW. My department administrator micro-managed and was too concerned about how employees were spending their time throughout their work day.
Cons
Manager
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Medical College of wisconsin is an excellent place to work
I enjoy working for the Medical College. I work for physicians who respect and praises the work that I complete. I have the upmost respect for my colleagues.
Pleasant
Very manageable so far. Good parking options. Helpful coworkers. Great providers. Up to date technology. Fair pay. Great benefits. Rewarding position.
Workplace diversity
At MCW and Froedtert Health, the workplace has providers and employees of many cultures, languages and backgrounds; working at MCW broadened my world in meeting many new people, learning from them, and becoming friends.
Pros
You get your 10, 000 steps in walking around the campus!
Excellent Place to Work
Busy and fast paced days at work. I learned how to work with multiple doctors in multiple locations and specialties at a time. Management was laid back and allowed employees to manage themselves. The culture was professional and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was traveling between work sites. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the doctors and nurses and balancing very challenging work duties.
Pros
Networking
Great place & co-workers
I streamlined things for 1st year medical student exams. Gave me less to do. Sold handouts to students, suggested a way to streamline things, which other departments emulated. But I streamlined too much for myself, so I got bored.
Pros
Love the educational atmosphere
Cons
Supervisor
Solid, reputable and growing
I would prefer to discuss this information in a personal interview as I am currently employed at The Medical College of WI.
Overall, my days vary - some are extremely busy and some are extremely slow. I would prefer a position which maintained a steadier workflow throughout the workday, on a regular basis.
difficult
Co-workers seem to have a lot of drama between each other which creates hostility and encourages people to leave the organization. Compensation is not competitive. Job security is threatened. While management tries to encourage work/life balance, the faculty are burned out. Construction makes it difficult to get to and from campus and onramps to surrounded highways are shut down.
job opinion
Working for MCW depends on the atmosphere, peers, and work environment. My area is small only 3 administrative assistant and one administrative associate. I like that we are not micro managed. Since i know what my job role is, i come and do my work and if asked to assist, i am willing. The job is flexible to some extent.
Excellent, productive enjoyable and a teamwork oriented environment. Looked forward to intample: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
In the thirteen years that I worked at the Medical College a typical day was task oriented, fast-paced and always filled with priority tasks. I enjoyed the workplace culture, which was conductive to putting your best into each task. The management staff allowed you to grow and listened to your opinions and allowed you to make decisions without being micromanaged.
Pros
Excellent company benefits.
Great Place to work
Perfect overall environment, people and doctors with very good attitudes.Typical day at work very manageable. Teamwork environment.
Pros
Far walk from parking lot
Cons
Great pay, people and benefits
MCW was a great place to work overall and I would be very happy to work there on a permanent basis.
I worked at MCW for seven weeks as a temp. I gained valuable experience using Outlook to manage and schedule meetings/appointments. I answered the phone, handled the department mail and entered information into an Excel spreadsheet on a daily basis. The staff were all very pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing work when it was a particularly hectic day. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the daily calendar flow smoothly due to accurate management.
Pros
The convenience of deli's, coffee shops, cafeteria
Cons
Road/building construction in the area
Medical College is wonderful place to attend college to become a doctor
Overall the Medical College of Wisconsin is a nice place to work with great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
benifts great
Learning a lot about providers and college
lots of calendaring

research
Productive but stressful work environment
A typical day at work was typing patient histories and preparing manuscripts for publication. Answering phones and meeting with patients.
I learned various aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery services and practices.

Management was stressed.

My co-workers were friendly but stressed.

The hardest part of my job was no back up person when out on vacation. They just let the work pile up.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having an understanding and knowledgement boss.
Benefits
Cons
Environment
Friendly office
I worked here briefly as a contractor. Left the company due to the lack of stability - switch departments three times within 60 days.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical College of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Medical College of Wisconsin Reviews by Location