Medical Diagnostic Laboratories LLC Employee Reviews

Great working evironment overall
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 29, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are looking for a part-time position. Flexible hours, great co-workers and staff, great location, excellent parking, clean facility and you're able to work independently. You must be able to follow directions. You must be able to type accurately and at a face pace. You must be able to listen to critiques to improve your work performance.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low salary
Toxic place of employment
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 3, 2018
Easy place to work but it's overall not worth it pay sucks the owner doesn't care about his employees management is unprofessional no room for growth unless you're a suck up or know the right person it's a very political toxic job employees are drama filled & petty even management
Pros
Vey flexible
Cons
No growth
Congenial Work Environment.
BILLING CALL CENTER GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 7, 2018
The job could be fast-paced, but co-workers were pleasant. A typical day at work was a day spent answering calls from patients, many of whom were confused or upset by billing issues. I was a creative problem solver.

I learned that I am good at being an encouraging and comforting presence, and my job with MDL made me want to go on to work with people on a one-on-one basis.

The hardest part of the job was the occasional call from an angry or frustrated person. However, there were so many more nice people than nasty, it more than made up for it.
Pros
Good parking, nice offices, good cafe.
Cons
health care was not wonderful.
Good first job.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 16, 2018
Is a good job for someone with little or no experience in a lab. The other technicians are great to work with, very helpful and friendly. After about a year you learn about all there is in this lab and that's when a lot of people leave and move on to something else.
Good coworkers, decent direct managers, terrible upper management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 30, 2018
The best thing about MDL is the people that work there. Everyone is easy to get along with and they make the job bearable. The direct managers (lower managers and supervisors) actually care about their employees, but they can't change the things that make this a bad workplace. The pay is terrible, barely above minimum wage. Healthcare benefits are expensive. You will get chastised if you work 15 minutes or more over your scheduled time and they may not pay you for that time. There is hardly any room for advancement. No raises.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
expensive healthcare, low pay
If Possible Don't Accept A Job Offer
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 24, 2018
This place does not value it's employees and the managers do not know how to manage. I have been working here for 2 years and not once has my manager ever acted like one. I get paid about 35% less than average for my position and the company has been on a "salary freeze" for select departments since I have started. If necessary get your experience and leave as soon as possible.
Pros
8 hour work day
Cons
Pay, poor management, poor advancement, department favoritism
Definitely a Give And Take at Medical Diagnostic Laboratories
Field Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 19, 2018
When I had worked here, it was for a position as a lab accessioner. I would drive out to little clinics in the area and collect specimens with their requisition sheets and Fedex them to Medical Diagnostic Laboratories located in Hamilton, New Jersey.

If you do get the job, they will fly you out on their dime and put you up in a hotel. For that, I would give them five stars; however, from then on, they drop. When I was hired, I had about four days in New Jersey for training at the manager's own hometown. While there, you learn to look at about 10 different things you have to make sure is on the requisition before you send it back to the HQ. I think the training should definitely be an entire week!

Once you are back at your hometown, they give you a company cell phone and entire binder of information and train you with other accessioners in the area. You get your own route and it is up to you to work the set hours and make sure you are at Fedex before closing time.

Knowing this, when it was my first time, I was unable to do all the clients and so I had to call my manager back. Luckily, I was able to pick them up the next day. Be careful, the manager does not mind yelling at you over the phone. You will feel degraded and it is as if your mom is doing it. Also, you will have to call in every week, if you overlook something on a requisition and it is termed a "discrepancy". You cannot have more than a 3% error every month!

Whenever you leave a specimen, even if you did not know about it because you check with the clinic; it is still on you. You basically take all the
  more... blame! The sales rep, in your area, will basically check with these clients weekly and they will report back to your manager, sometimes not even speaking with you first! So if you forgot something or made a nurse mad, you will hear about it! Also, if you call in sick or take time off, someone else, in your area, will have to take your route and you get paid for none of it! So if you are the one picking it up, you will have to do yours and their's in the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME!

When you drive around, this is all on your vehicle, for this job position. If you are lucky enough to be a sales rep, they actually get their own car! Medical Diagnostics will actually pay reimbursements for mileage weekly and it is mostly state minimum rate. Since gas prices do fluctuate, they also will take this in account as well!

It would be awesome if they did give health insurance though (even if it were a catastrophic plan). What they do give is one of those indemnity plans that do not cover much. You would think, for this kind of job, they already pay for the health of your car, so why not yours? It actually would not hurt to get a raise every 6 months neither; although, they give you a $0.50 raise in the beginning after 90 days!
Pros
Probation completion raise, gas mileage (sometimes over state minimum), set part time hours
Cons
Indemnity plan for insurance, manager does talk down to you, variable shift
No Motivation to Succeed
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  USAApril 17, 2018
Compensation is not on par with other sales companies. They lose almost all their reps within a year to a better paying job. Management's hand are tied to make this company better. CEO and VP don't care about making a better company culture so employees actually like working there. They don't value your hard work. It's unfortunate. Products are good though!
Pros
Gets your foot in the door for medical sales, Ashlyn is a great national trainer
Cons
VP and CEO. Commission.
Awful Management
LAB TECHNICIAN/SLIDE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 30, 2018
So disrespectful, rude, and dont give you the time of day if you want to acquire any other position in the lab other then what they assigned you. I loved the culture and environment but the management is what ultimately made me leave. I would recommend if there are newer and more efficient management.
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
No career advancement, low pay, no raises, disorganized, and poor management
Very good place to work. Taught me so much from ground up.
Order Entry Coordinator / Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 1, 2018
My boss there was amazing. Took the time to train and show me different aspects of billing. Because of her I was able to start new career path. It definitely saved me.
productive
Lab Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 26, 2018
Environment is professional and it is a great place to get hands on skills on the laboratory setting. Lab accessioners are not required to have a degree so it is a great starting point to get in the health field and move up from there.
Pros
great people
Cons
no room for mistakes
fun place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 5, 2017
I love everyone that worked with there the managers are very relaxed they understand you always willing to listen and help I love the culture of the company its a really great place to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long breaks
Not a company to work for
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 18, 2017
I've been at this company for the last several years and it saddens me to say that is not a place i would recommend for employment. The turn over rate is extremely high due to poor management. Most of the people I started with are long gone and the new people that have been hired are not properly trained so then you have new people who were poorly trained teaching new hires. There is a lot of favortism here and those who have been loyal and are capable of taking on leadership roles are generally passed over. There's really no incentive for anyone to work here unless they need a flexible schedule due to school or family obligations.
Pros
flexible shedule
Cons
favortism, low morale, low compensation, high turnover
High turnover and they don't even try to hide it
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 24, 2017
Tech jobs start off making the bare minimum anybody with a four-year degree should be making, and there's two raises in the contract and nothing beyond. No annual performance raise, bonus, etc. There's only two or three technicians who have been here longer than two years. New technicians start nearly every week, and they're nearly all put directly on overnight shifts. Many, if not most, employees commute long-distance, and you're frequently reminded not to take too many breaks or take advantage of them. Nearly every employee is actively seeking employment elsewhere. The few positives are that the management is generally friendly and helpful. And this job will give you the entry-level experience you need to get your foot in the door in a career path in molecular biology. But there's no effort made to keep you there.
Pros
valuable experience, friendly management/coworkers
Cons
extremely low compensation, high turnover
good place to work part time
Driver/Courier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 14, 2017
I have a route that I do every day which stays pretty much the same.the people in the main office always are helpful and professional,there has never been a problem getting paid
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
part time only
worst place ever to work for
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 30, 2017
You are treated like trash!!! Management is juvenile !!! They lie on you, use vulgor language at you!!! The hardest part of this job is taking all the abuse they throw at you!!!
Pros
Cons
They lie and scheme on their employees
Do not recommend
SSE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 22, 2017
Visit physicians (gyno, ped and family) on a daily basis. Two presentations a week. Physicians have gate keepers sometimes hard to see physician Management only cares about their numbers. Low salary.
Pros
work from home
Cons
management
MDL was a great place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 16, 2017
MDL is no longer in business but when the company was open it was a great place to work. Everyone worked together to get the job done.I wish the company was still open the managers listened to what you had to say and everyone would talk to you regardless of the position you held.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work
Not invested in employees
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 1, 2017
Employers are not invested in their employees, there is no advancement or raises. They prefer to hire fresh out of college with no experience so they can constantly replace all the employees who quit. Extremely fast turnaround rate. This company is not worth your time unless you are very desperate.
Run
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 7, 2017
Entered data is system of patients.
I learned I enjoy the job title
Management needs help
hardest part is watching other people get away with unprofessional behavior
most enjoyable part was leaving
Pros
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Diagnostic Laboratories LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8