Medical Diagnostic Laboratories LLC Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
If Possible Don't Accept A Job Offer
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 24, 2018
This place does not value it's employees and the managers do not know how to manage. I have been working here for 2 years and not once has my manager ever acted like one. I get paid about 35% less than average for my position and the company has been on a "salary freeze" for select departments since I have started. If necessary get your experience and leave as soon as possible.
Pros
8 hour work day
Cons
Pay, poor management, poor advancement, department favoritism
Definitely a Give And Take at Medical Diagnostic Laboratories
Field Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 19, 2018
When I had worked here, it was for a position as a lab accessioner. I would drive out to little clinics in the area and collect specimens with their requisition sheets and Fedex them to Medical Diagnostic Laboratories located in Hamilton, New Jersey.

If you do get the job, they will fly you out on their dime and put you up in a hotel. For that, I would give them five stars; however, from then on, they drop. When I was hired, I had about four days in New Jersey for training at the manager's own hometown. While there, you learn to look at about 10 different things you have to make sure is on the requisition before you send it back to the HQ. I think the training should definitely be an entire week!

Once you are back at your hometown, they give you a company cell phone and entire binder of information and train you with other accessioners in the area. You get your own route and it is up to you to work the set hours and make sure you are at Fedex before closing time.

Knowing this, when it was my first time, I was unable to do all the clients and so I had to call my manager back. Luckily, I was able to pick them up the next day. Be careful, the manager does not mind yelling at you over the phone. You will feel degraded and it is as if your mom is doing it. Also, you will have to call in every week, if you overlook something on a requisition and it is termed a "discrepancy". You cannot have more than a 3% error every month!

Whenever you leave a specimen, even if you did not know about it because you check with the clinic; it is still on you. You basically take all the
  more... blame! The sales rep, in your area, will basically check with these clients weekly and they will report back to your manager, sometimes not even speaking with you first! So if you forgot something or made a nurse mad, you will hear about it! Also, if you call in sick or take time off, someone else, in your area, will have to take your route and you get paid for none of it! So if you are the one picking it up, you will have to do yours and their's in the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME!

When you drive around, this is all on your vehicle, for this job position. If you are lucky enough to be a sales rep, they actually get their own car! Medical Diagnostics will actually pay reimbursements for mileage weekly and it is mostly state minimum rate. Since gas prices do fluctuate, they also will take this in account as well!

It would be awesome if they did give health insurance though (even if it were a catastrophic plan). What they do give is one of those indemnity plans that do not cover much. You would think, for this kind of job, they already pay for the health of your car, so why not yours? It actually would not hurt to get a raise every 6 months neither; although, they give you a $0.50 raise in the beginning after 90 days!
Pros
Probation completion raise, gas mileage (sometimes over state minimum), set part time hours
Cons
Indemnity plan for insurance, manager does talk down to you, variable shift
Very good place to work. Taught me so much from ground up.
Order Entry Coordinator / Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 1, 2018
My boss there was amazing. Took the time to train and show me different aspects of billing. Because of her I was able to start new career path. It definitely saved me.
fun place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 5, 2017
I love everyone that worked with there the managers are very relaxed they understand you always willing to listen and help I love the culture of the company its a really great place to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long breaks
High turnover and they don't even try to hide it
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 24, 2017
Tech jobs start off making the bare minimum anybody with a four-year degree should be making, and there's two raises in the contract and nothing beyond. No annual performance raise, bonus, etc. There's only two or three technicians who have been here longer than two years. New technicians start nearly every week, and they're nearly all put directly on overnight shifts. Many, if not most, employees commute long-distance, and you're frequently reminded not to take too many breaks or take advantage of them. Nearly every employee is actively seeking employment elsewhere. The few positives are that the management is generally friendly and helpful. And this job will give you the entry-level experience you need to get your foot in the door in a career path in molecular biology. But there's no effort made to keep you there.
Pros
valuable experience, friendly management/coworkers
Cons
extremely low compensation, high turnover
good place to work part time
Driver/Courier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 14, 2017
I have a route that I do every day which stays pretty much the same.the people in the main office always are helpful and professional,there has never been a problem getting paid
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
part time only
worst place ever to work for
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 30, 2017
You are treated like trash!!! Management is juvenile !!! They lie on you, use vulgor language at you!!! The hardest part of this job is taking all the abuse they throw at you!!!
Pros
Cons
They lie and scheme on their employees
Do not recommend
SSE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 22, 2017
Visit physicians (gyno, ped and family) on a daily basis. Two presentations a week. Physicians have gate keepers sometimes hard to see physician Management only cares about their numbers. Low salary.
Pros
work from home
Cons
management
MDL was a great place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 16, 2017
MDL is no longer in business but when the company was open it was a great place to work. Everyone worked together to get the job done.I wish the company was still open the managers listened to what you had to say and everyone would talk to you regardless of the position you held.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work
Not invested in employees
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 1, 2017
Employers are not invested in their employees, there is no advancement or raises. They prefer to hire fresh out of college with no experience so they can constantly replace all the employees who quit. Extremely fast turnaround rate. This company is not worth your time unless you are very desperate.
Run
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 7, 2017
Entered data is system of patients.
I learned I enjoy the job title
Management needs help
hardest part is watching other people get away with unprofessional behavior
most enjoyable part was leaving
Pros
non
Great Company
Field Specimen Tech (Current Employee) –  EasMarch 25, 2017
Best part time job ever. The pay is decent and the hours are great if you're looking for part-time work. I deal part-time job for moms with small school age children.
Pros
somewhat flexible hours
Cons
No real benefits for part-time employees, and a lot of wear and tear on your personal vehicle
Salary+Growth rate+Respect= you won't get it in proper way
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 22, 2017
Salary: Not good compared to market avg rate+don't pay on time,sometimes underpay so check your hrs every pay date to make sure they are doing basic calculation correctly else you will have to struggle later to make them pay. Everyone hired for same position will have slightly different pay rate some cents here and there if you will check with them. Not sure why there is so much changes. Growth Rate=not all all, not enough room of learning whatever you learn in the beginning will stay with you for next 4-5yrs. Respect:Manager will look as if you are good for nothing even though you had all performance result above the skill required. Management:don't provide proper details in written for everything so you will have to suffer if you don't have enough evidence. Lot of blame game, gossips, backbiting and foul languages used by manager and other juniors so not a professional environment. No 401k until you there for at least one yr. Don't increase enough salary as you are more experienced so you stick with same number just slightly changes in decimal of salary. Assicioner are very rough so f word and other bad languages are supported from top to bottom.
Pros
Few employee are only nice enough to explain and help each other
Cons
Lot of blame game, gossips, backbiting & foul languages, too much favoritism game instead of equally giving chance, lots of mismanagement
Good place to gain experience
Specimen Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Square, NJFebruary 9, 2017
Good place to gain experience.
However very easy to be terminated, under paid for the amount of work/responsibility.

Management works with you and is willing to. E flexable to life scheduale. Work environment is more like high school chemistry class. Lab Technicians will be more then happy to explain and show you the inner workings of the lab.
Pros
Good experience, good flexibility
Cons
Work place environment, low pay, high termination
Not a good place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 19, 2017
No structure with management. Upper management and National Trainer tend to focus on top performers and more. They need better management and training. The computer systems are outdated.
Pros
Car
Cons
Phone calls
nice
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 3, 2017
this was a small company and management could have been better.
Lot of turn over. when I first started working the insurance was free for all employees but that did not last too long
Research and development at MDL
Research and Development, Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at Medical Diagnostic Labs was collecting samples performing different kinds of PCR, collecting data and analyzing them using PCR data analyzation softwares along with my research associate who supervised me for my time interning at the lab. The best part of the day was when i got to run my own samples and analyze the data by myself. My main purpose of the internship was to develop a nucleic acid extraction protocol which was going to be used in the development of molecular pap assay.
Pros
increased knowledge of PCR reactions and data analyzing softwares
Cons
only two months internship
Hard work does not payoff here.
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2015
Company has been around for awhile with territories that have been over worked and hard to gain new business. The sales force is split between account managers(maintain business) and senior sales executives (only new business). They haven't added new testing in years. Their pay is below industry standards and commission structure is laughable. I will say that if you would like to get into medical sales they are willing to hire sales reps without previous experience. If you have been in medical sales previously, more than likely this isn't going to be a good fit. Pay is non negotiable and they do not do annual increases for their sales team. Their pay structure has remained the same for the last 10 years. This is a job for someone right out of college. High turnover through out the whole company.
Pros
They will take you without previous outside sales exp
Cons
Territories have been over worked and commission/pay is a joke
Great Opportunity to grow your career
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 11, 2015
Though I have been a member of the company for a short time, approximately 10 months. There is great opportunity to grow within and pursue your career goals. If you wish to cross train and take on responsibilities and learn more, this is the company you want to work for. The management teams and Human Resources work hard for the employees and have great employee morale, they throw many different employee relation events, such as the Holiday party, the gingerbread house contest, health and wellness fair, where you can received a chair massage and get your biometrics done, employee's outings to baseball games, skating rinks, pumpkin patches, and more. This has been the best I've experienced at all the company's I have been employed with.

The company really cares for their employee's and I am certain i made the right choice accepting a position here. I have trained in many different avenues to further my career and continue to advance within my role. There is an opportunity for a promotion and I have been here less then 1 year. They really want to help employee's succeed and go further in their career.
Pros
Employee realtion events, Great Morale
Cons
Part time benefits could be better, such PTO.
Wost sales job I have ever had
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 4, 2014
long work days with ultra micromanaged management
false promises and misleading compensation package
Pros
give you a car to use for business only with gas card
Cons
super micromanaged culture, terrible compensation package, huge sales turnover, territories have had so many different reps impossible to continue to build territory