Medical Doctor Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contract position
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Medical Doctor Associates is a Locums placement agency. I felt very supported by the people I worked with in the company. They were always attentive to my personal needs to be met, as well as professional needs.
Industry owned clinic
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDFebruary 5, 2018
This job was just what I was looking for - a little something to start out with locum tenans, and augment the position I already have--as I have not done anything like this before. My personality is the type to stick your toe in the water before jumping all the way in. This is a 2-3 hour drive from where I live, and temporary --perfect for me. I stay at a local hotel and my reservations are sent to me in advance.
MDA did my background check and most of the credentialing work, and were patient while I was getting the details of my application done. My first day of the job I was welcomed by staff here and the schedule and exam room set ups were easy to learn. I signed on for more days after I saw how favorably I was treated here.
I hope to fill in for more temp work, like maternity leave, medical leave and vacations for other offices in the future.
Pros
independence, meeting new people, seeing other management systems
Cons
not knowing the local specialists to match patient referals, but the staff here helps me with that.
Great Company for NPs!! Great Pay; Awesome Recruiters!!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2018
Great company - recruiters are amazing and super helpful!! Mine is always there with any questions or concerns that I have. Made on-boarding very easy. Excellent pay! Do wish I had paid holidays and at least some paid time off, but overall, love the company! Placed me at a great facility which is a locum position; hope to obtain another position through Medical Doctors Associates when this contract ends! Good placement; wish it were permanent. but hopeful Med Doctors Associates will help me find my next job!!
Pros
great pay, super recruiters!
Cons
no benefits / no paid time off
Stressful,cut-throat environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 28, 2017
High stress level job. Very cut throat. No boundaries for sales. Everyone is in each others territory. Low moral. President will send emails tearing everyone down with what he thinks they are doing wrong. Hard to get business as the account managers that have been there the longest have been in your territory and have taken it for themselves. Best part of the job is some nice co-workers.
Pros
Catered lunch once a month
Cons
expensive healthcare
Good company
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Lake, GANovember 3, 2017
Medical Doctor Associates is a good company. I enjoyed my time there. Good people. Good work environment. Hours could be better but overall it's a decent company to work for.
A fresh Start
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30093October 24, 2017
I was fresh out of high school when I started working here. I started out as a file clerk with a temp agency and worked my way up to being hired on as a billing assistant.
locum position
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 8, 2017
The manager was very unorganized and oftentimes requested my services at the last minute. Many of the important logistics had to be taken care of after the assignment had begun. If it were not for the pay, I would not have worked for them as long.
Pros
pay
Cons
unorganized
Office Coordinator/Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Lots of job growth available
Great colleagues
Good working environment
Team building
This was an regional office
Busy office always good feeling
na
Administrative assistant to MDA's Top Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Lake, GAAugust 25, 2017
this company is great place to start and open new doors for the locum tenen career. The people are great, however, there are always changes going on so if you are ok with no stability then it is right for you.
Poor Management and Horrible Co-workers
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Lake, GAAugust 13, 2017
Typical metric driven environment, but unfair policies, and unethical practices.The CEO should take a good look at what is going on inside of this organization. The entire management team should be replaced - top down approach in order to make it easier to go to work. There are really great people, with great values and morals that have left because of the unethical behaviors of management.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Micro management from inexperienced managers, cutthroat, no values, no ethics, management has too many favorites, and does not look favorably on those who work hard everyday, only those who cheat their ways to the top. Horrible management.
Cut throat
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 5, 2017
Fast paced. They are going through alot of changes. there is alot of turn around in recruiters. Seems recruiters come and dont last a year. If you don't perform your out the door as well. One bad month could mean your job.
friendly competition
Staffing Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 21, 2017
A lot to learn in the beginning but great training, great management, staff is very engaged and helpful to new hires. Very organized and professional.
Helpful Recruiters
APRN (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 19, 2017
Wide range of opportunities. Supplies mileage and housing. You are considered a 1099 employee. They also supply malpractice insurance. Very helpful recruiter.
Would not reccommend
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Gwinet county GAJune 13, 2017
Company has terrible management issues, training is too long and the compensation is not up to par compared to any company within this industry. Not a good atmosphere to work in
Pros
location
Cons
management, compensation
Productive Organization
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
Nice company to work for. Company culture changed when they merged another healthcare organization. There was not a lot of career advancement opportunities unless you move to corporate office in Atlanta, GA. but overall great place to work,.
Pros
nice peiople
Cons
no promoability
Great Company
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
I had nothing but positive experiences with this company. It has been wonderful. They are very proficient and professional. Communication is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Horrible place to work
Business Development Servicing Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Lake, GAApril 29, 2017
Very unprofessional environment. No team concept, leadership is very poor. This company has been the target of several EEOC claims and rightfully so.
Locums Company
Production (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
MDA has many tenured employees that are passionate about the brand and mission. The new president helped to move the company culture and overall efficiency in a positive direction. If you love staffing, this will be a great company to join because it is probably better than any of the other healthcare staffing companies in the Atlanta area.
Pros
Once you hit your goals you work remote
Cons
Takes awhile to make significant money
Wonderful Company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 30, 2016
My experience with MDA has been exceptional! The process was easy to start and went smoothly from the beginning. I hope to continue working with MDA to enhance my professional development.
Pros
Good pay for mileage, reservations made well in advance, paid weekly
Cons
First check took 3 weeks to receive but no problems after that
The best in the industry.
MD (Current Employee) –  GASeptember 6, 2016
MDA is truly the best in the industry. It has exceeded my expectations in all areas of interaction -- from the initial contact to credentialing to the ongoing support.
I highly recommend it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Doctor Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Doctor Associates Reviews by Location