Medical Facilities of America Employee Reviews

Featured review
Medical Facilities of America selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company. Leader in its markets
Company Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2017
Excellent Company; high expectations with structure for support. Very customer focused and responsive to employees. Committed to staffing even in a difficult market
Pros
Service and team culture helping vet vulnerable people
Cons
Challenging work. Can get pretty fast paced, but always based upon patient needs
It wasn’t worth my time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 6, 2018
Let me start off by saying Management sucked and all people did there was tell and run they mouth. My boss was a nasty older man who hit on the females in the cleaning department and was unprofessional. I would definitely not recommend no one to this facility pay sucks by the way
Pros
Leaving Time
Cons
Pay, Management
Run away as fast as you can
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAApril 30, 2018
The administrator would not even say good morning to you, nurses thought the were better than everyone else, very mean spirited, Morale very low throughout the whole building. Always extremely short staffed, nurses pulling double shift more than once a week, I can't believe that is safe for residents. Managers hire family members which is against company policy but is allowed to happen astnyway. Only certain people get food from the kitchen, you have to know the right people. Job threatened all the time, this company likes to bully and threaten rather than teach and coach people.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
LPN: Terrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Connelly Springs, NCApril 24, 2018
The work load is entirely too much and is asking for a lawsuit. No choice but to work 16 hour shifts (or more) due to no relief coming in and being threatened with charges of abandonment. Pay is the only benefit. Would not recommend it to anyone. Even the most skilled nurse.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Understaffed, work load, hours
Friendly environment
Esd (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 18, 2018
I love working with the elderly. My boss is pleasant and fair to work for.i just need to be making more money cause I don't mind doing the job.the benefits their r ok but could be better.
Pros
Love the elderly.
Cons
Short breaks
Absolutely horrible
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2018
Illegal, unethical, understaffed, unable to retain staff, management let their pets do whatever- numerous complaints of employees AND manager who stays high at work and everyone knows.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Stay understaffed, no organization in anything, no appreciation towards staff
Very unfair
Alamamce Health Care (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 29, 2018
They don't care anything about you if your not one to suck up. Worked there for years and didn't care about the right thing you did it was whatever you did wrong .Always threatening to write you up. .No matter how hard you work they didn't appreciate you . . Short had15 to 18 patients sometimes and weekends always short . No incentives to work over if you did it was a Wal-Mart gift card that took 3 wks to get . Long term employees was treated unfair never was given any thing for being there a long time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything except pay
Good company but must be flexible
Interim Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 26, 2018
Probably the best group to be with if you can remain flexible to their needs and can relocate to where needed the most. Very competitive and rewarding if you can keep up with the competition
Disappointing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 23, 2018
I worked so hard for this company and there was little to no appreciation from management. Working extensive hours to cover shifts that couldn’t be filled and positions that they couldn’t keep anyone in. Overworked, no work/life balance. If you have children or a spouse don’t expect to see them if you are working in a clinical position. I’d like to say it was just the facility I worked in, however the other MFA facilities in the area are just as short staffed if not more so. It felt like a family atmosphere and a good team when I first started but now is more like every man for himself.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No staff, very acute patient assignments, no management support.
I wish I could of stayed
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2018
I had to leave due to 2 nurses and one CNA on a second shift for 30 patients. They are highly understaffed and haven’t fixed the deep reason why everybody leaves- because we are over worked and underappreciated, and the bad behavior of employees doesn’t get handled correctly most of the time. All of management is over worked and spread thin and I know they try very hard but the big issue is getting and keeping staff. I wish I didn’t have to go, but in order to make money they would fill the beds with inappropriate patients such as ones needing memory or psychiatric care versus rehab, and being over worked anymore. I wish the best for MFA.
Pros
Weekend manger is awesome, there are some great coworkers, I thoroughly enjoyed being there otherwise
Cons
Over worked, no help, lazy unqualified coworkers
Ill mannered employees
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2018
Employees in the kitchen and nurses are rude to residents. They treat them as objects and not as people. They talk down to staff, treat them with disrespect, and are always on their phones. Even when you file a complaint, nothing is done and if you're a good worker, they complain about favoritism. I would never work here again
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Everyone else is rude and disrespectful
Very stressful environment. Could be a great place if better management was in place
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 16, 2018
Very stressful environment. Management played a huge role in this. Could be a great place to work if better managed and adequately staffed. Benefits were ok just a bit costly. The Culpeper facility could be a great place but will take a lot of work to get there.
No words ..
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 15, 2018
I was so excited and nervous to work here when I got hired. The staff members were all nice and comforting but as the days passed by I soon realized that they did not care about what I needed. I go to school full time and that is my main priority ... apparently, not for them. They don't care about you at all. A typical work day usually consists of pure hard work. While you're finishing up one room then a call bell lights up and then another one and another one. You don't get any help from other CNA's or Nurses unless you ask for their help. It gets better! This company is understaffed and they don't ask you but they force you to stay an extra shift without asking you if its okay. Like I stated before ... they don't care. The only reason why I am still here is that of the residents but besides that, I would never work for a company like this ever again.
Stay away from this place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 12, 2018
Horrible place to work.Management is poor.Poor staffing.Managers just sit and talk.They don’t help.very poor services to the residents .Stay away from this place if you love you license ...
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 10, 2018
Enjoy my job. Fast paced,able to use my skills and learn more. This company appreciates its employees and there is excellent teamwork here. Love the care the residents receive and I go home feeling like I have made a difference.
Pros
Teamwork, Employee Appreciation
Productive and Fun atmosphere
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Everyone has been extremely friendly and very helpful. Training met expectations, benefits, insurance, PTO is offered upon hire date.
Productive work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Currently employed at Riverside Health and Rehabilitation Center and the work place is fun, stay busy so there is something to do. Also, it's great team work!
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Currently employed at Riverside Health & Rehab in Danville, Va 25451. Great team players everyone help each other in the facility. Great staff all around
Very Busy
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Poor management. They hire unqualified nursing staff to fill the nursing shortage at the facility. DON not experienced working the floor so unfortunately there is no one to go to with questions or concerns. Pay is fair.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Unorganized
Run while you still have your license
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 4, 2018
Turnover at this place is horrible, management seems to not care until State is involved or patient complaints are involved. The work environment is so stressful. There is so much workplace hostility and bullying in this place. This company must do better! Working with this company could definitely cost you your professional license! Run Far Away. The pay is great, but think about it, is it really worth it!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staffed, workplace hostility, bullying. Poor patient care due to lack of time.
Official response from Medical Facilities of America
February 8, 2018

We thank you for your review, and are sorry to hear about your experience. The well-being of our patients and employees is a top priority for us at MFA, and we are proud of our team of employees that provides exceptional care and service each day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our processes, and remain focused on hiring talented and caring staff. Your perspective is valuable, and we will pass your feedback on to our leadership team.

Horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Burke County, NCFebruary 3, 2018
CROB is undoubtedly the worst job I have ever had in my 15 years of nursing. The management was terrible. The nurse to high acuity patient ratio is ridiculous. If you want to end up in a lawsuit at some point in time.this is your place to go! They can't keep nurses,ADONs or DONs....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight