Medical Facilities of America Employee Reviews

Featured review
Medical Facilities of America selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company. Leader in its markets
Company Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2017
Excellent Company; high expectations with structure for support. Very customer focused and responsive to employees. Committed to staffing even in a difficult market
Pros
Service and team culture helping vet vulnerable people
Cons
Challenging work. Can get pretty fast paced, but always based upon patient needs
Home and family atmosphere
Bookkeeper/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 14, 2019
I love MFA I work at Piney forest and everyday is a new adventure and a chance to make someones life better. The staff is amazing and yes we have our days but we work together to make it better everyday. I pray that I am with them for a long time.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Need more staff
Horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 18, 2019
I worked there for 1 summer before I started college. You get no opportunities to rest. It is very fast pace, standing the entire shift. Night shift was bad, often times there would be only 1 CNA for the ENTIRE floor of 60 residents. This type of field relies heavily on the working conditions and after 40 days of bad management, hard physical labor, nasty & spiteful co-workers I was done. The pay is based off of your years of experience and every shift has a shift difference in pay.
Pros
Free snacks
work/life balance
confidential (Former Employee) –  confidentialFebruary 12, 2019
At MFA, they were all about the bottom line. They did not care how many hours you worked. The more you accomplished, the more they would move onto your plate.
Pros
family feel, employees were very close and would do anything for you
Cons
Overall great experience. Some challenges, but focus on patient care and service is everywhere
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 9, 2019
I highly recommend MFA, especially within the long term care and rehabilitation area. They have the structure needed to help you be successful. The focus is on patients and customers. There are hard days, but the overall satisfaction of helping vulnerable people is very important to me as is the appreciation for helping our patients. The culture is fast-paced and very rewarding.
Pros
Support and structure to help employees be successful
Cons
As with all healthcare places, demands of the job can be high at times.
Excellent place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Courtland, VAFebruary 4, 2019
This is an excellent place to work friendly faces neat clean room for job advancement. Helpful staff can go to management if you have a problem to get it resolved.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No health care for casual employees
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waverly, VAJanuary 29, 2019
I love working at waverly its clean and quiet and the staff love the residents, everyone is like family. Staff receives gift cards and management throughs big Christmas parties, nurse has lots of continuing education, and CNA are friendly
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Benifits
Great Place to Work
Maintance Technician (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJanuary 29, 2019
I love working for MFA, specifically Regency. The building is clean and well maintained. My coworkers are friendly and the work environment is positive. My supervisor is kind and helpful.
Pros
small building, family feel, appreciated
Cons
small building so sometimes can feel short staffed
Staff is very knowledgeable; amazing administration; HR works hard for staff
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 28, 2019
I love working here. I have worked here before and came back because of how great the environment is. Management and staff are respectful and teamwork exists here! Software programs used for documentation is very user friendly. Amazing department heads where there is little turnover. MFA is truly a good company to work for!
Excellent Nursing facility
RN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte Health Care CenterJanuary 24, 2019
A great facility to use your nursing skills. Fast Paced and room for growth within the company. As a nurse here, I am able to use skills that I am not able to use in other skilled facilities.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 24, 2019
MFA has a fun, friendly work environment. It's fast paced which makes you think on your toes. The residents and their families are the best. Being a part of the team is really rewarding to me.
Pros
Team work, fast pace, hourly rate
Cons
I can't think of any
Great clean environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work. The only two complaints are the cost of health insurance and there is no opportunity to advance in my field with the company. The staff and residents are great!
Pros
Friendly, clean environment.
Cons
Cost of health insurance increases each year and no opportunity to advance in my career.
Productive caring
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  VA Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2019
A place where is the family and the client is a first and the employee are treated fairly. I recommend families to send their love ones to such a warm and welcoming place.
Pros
Discount preps and fanily events
Cons
Maze
Great Workplace
Management (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work, with caring staff. Everyone really works together to provide the best care possible for the residents. Management is very responsive to any issues or concerns.
Productive and loving work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 21, 2019
MFA is one of the best nursing home companies in Virginia. They are very organized, clean and professional. Great management, very welcoming and your guaranteed great working hours. They have great benefits and don't have to wait long to start using benefits. Wonderful company I would recommend this company to any one I love working with them
Pros
Always have supplies
Cons
Maze when it comes to finding units
So far great
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 21, 2019
I have heard great things and have seen great things, very clean and smells new, gym looks new and clean and the staff at the door is very nice and respectful.
Pros
Clean place
Overall favoritism is rampant
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 20, 2019
Okay place to work if you kiss the right person's butt and never have a bad day. Overall favoritism is abundant in the work place with no job security what so ever. Poor potential for career advancement and no clinical support what so ever. He said she said game where they are focused more on customer service then patient care.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and welcoming
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Connelly Springs, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Competitive pay, great insurance, family like environment. Very clean, oriented. The administrator buys us awesome food. Our HR manager rocks. Business office is very knowledgeable.
Improving!
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 14, 2019
This facility has had it's recent challenges. The management team is working hard to recruit staff and to change the overall culture. The goal is across the board to provide excellent care for the patients/residents.
Pros
Very good pay compared to others in the area, management committed to change
Cons
currently lack staff
Welcoming and inviting
Discharge Planning Assisant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Welcoming and inviting workplace. Everyone is helpful and willing to answer your questions. Expectations are laid out for you. Just like any workplace there are some drawlbacks, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Health insurance, flexibility
Poorly staffed
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJanuary 13, 2019
If you like working hard with no support from your supervisor or Director of Nursing this is the place for you. The staff to patient ratio is unethical 1:30 on a good day.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No support from supervisor, no career advancement, understaff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight