Medical Facilities of America Employee Reviews

Fast paced positive work environment. Friendly team oriented staff who put residents needs first.
Unit Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 13, 2018
Always learning new task, meeting new people in the community. Very rewarding. Being on a skilled unit there is a high admission and discharge rate but when you have a physican who is committed to your facility it makes every day tasks run so smooth, allowing you to better advocate for your residents. Ultimately decreasing your readmission rates to the hospital. We are very lucky here at Riverside.
Pros
Flexibility
Horrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 2, 2018
I would not work at Raleigh Court - Roanoke Va
Even if you are in desperate need of a job . Management is completely unfair . They are always short staffed .They paint a picture at first to get you to accept the position . This place is horrible ! I feel so bad for the residents , they don't deserve the horrible care they get . They treat newbies like trash . & leave all the work on you . They don't even train you right . They just throw you on the floor like nothing . Figure things on your own .
Pros
Enjoyed some of my residents and family's
Cons
No team work / horrible staff
Would not recommend.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Burke County, NCNovember 7, 2018
Pay is great. That’s it. Administration is awful. If you want to lose your nursing license, feel free to work here. No rhyme or reason to anything, paperwork included. Many Inexperienced nurses. Administrator will sneak in facility in the middle of the night to check on what staff is doing. Will also ring front doorbell to see how long it takes someone to answer the door at night. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Read review
If you want to keep your license, Do Not Apply!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 29, 2018
It’s all about the money. They will take any patient even if they don’t belong there! They will threaten your license if you don’t work beyond your shift. Never enough CNA’s and highest turnover rate I’ve ever seen. You also get written up if you are 1 minute late!
Pros
Cons
Worst administrative staff, understaffed, high turnover, and too much more to add
no need to sugarcoat anything
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 9, 2018
Seriously, if you care about your mental health and well-being do not apply here! I worked with this company for 3 years, the one in Henrico was decent but the one in Norfolk was horrible. They do not care or appreciate their staff and will work you to death and it still would not be good enough! They will do petty stuff like pick an employee for Employee of The Month who been there for 1 month whereas I been busting my butt for years and received nothing. I am currently a full time student and even did doubles on my days off just for them to give me their behind to kiss. We were always short and even when asked about better pay they looked at us as if we were crazy! They are the most APATHETIC team I've ever encountered.
Pros
N/a
Nothing I can say is going to be good
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 1, 2018
My director of nursing and my administrator both sexually harassed me and after I brought it up to HR I was fire under false pretense which was simply disgusting
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Going downhill fast
therapist (Current Employee) –  Stanleytown, VASeptember 22, 2018
The facility used to be a gem in our small town, but it has taken a steep downhill turn in the past 6 months to a year. The administrator and the new rehab director are both clueless. Bullying among employees is rampant, especially in nursing and rehab, and if someone doesn't like you, they will start a rumor about you to try to get you terminated. Sometimes it works. The culture is toxic. It is sad because this used to be a great place to work, but now many people are trying to get out as quickly as possible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Friendly people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 12, 2018
The staff was friendly the first 3 days I was there. But I was moved back and forth between two units within my first five days so I didn’t get to learn the residents very well because I never knew which hall I was working on.
Pros
N/a
Cons
A nightmare for both staff and patients alike.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 3, 2018
Half the management is apparently on drugs and they dont care if the staff are also high. Its surprising more patients havent died over the last few months. The term "neglect" doesnt even cover the lack of collective skill and care given for both staff and patients. They apparently pay the state inspectors to look the other way. Youd have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not notice everything wrong in this place. The good staff are at risk because they're out numbered by people who can barely function and you constantly have to clean up after others. Not to mention, you cant help but feel that your license and reputation are at risk just being associated with this place. They pay people to write positive comments on their various pages and profiles, because they're afraid of the truth getting out. Patients routinely suffer "mysterious" injuries and a few have died literally due to neglect. Half a dozen CNAs quit in about two weeks because they got tired of having to pick up the slack of worthless aides and because the nurses are a bunch of jelly fish....no spine. They dont even exhibit the traits of a good nurse....they simply show up to pass pills and go home. No actual concern for the feelings of the patients. No empathy for anyone, really.
No one possesses the ability to lead and when something is wrong, everyone all the way up to the administration can be seen just throwing their hands up in the air, denying responsibility. It's like Lord of the Flies...bunch of kids pretending to be adults.
DANGER!!!!.....stay away!!!
Pros
The patients and a very few, select staff members are great to work with.
Cons
Management is absolutely worthless and they lie about everything from your pay, to your position, to solutions for issues.
Ugh
anonymous (Former Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 29, 2018
It's your typical, run of the mill nursing facility group. Nothing really negative to say, but nothing really positive either. The employees are great - concerned about the process they use to select their management team.
Never Again
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 24, 2018
I learned that there are so many better jobs out in the world. The location I worked at was very stressful, Poor management, and a high turnover rate. This establishment needs to be completely shutdown.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Poor wages, lack of professionalism
Exceptional training, approachable staff
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2018
I have only been with the company for a few weeks but first impression is everything! In my career as a recreational therapist this is the only company who has invested in me enough to provide paid training specifically to my role and profession. The management team is very approachable and eager to help. The management team is all pretty new with a few seasoned leaders. Theric the administrator is very good and passionate about the residents and the employees. He actually takes the time to talk to residents, staff and family members on a daily basis ! Anyone who has been in the role of ceo knows how hard it can be to balance time spent working and engaging with people. I look forward to more time here at parham Health and rehab
Pros
New management team who is approachable and working on bringing up staff morale.
Cons
Salary
If you value your nursing license, stay away from MFA / CRCC
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 26, 2018
First off, MFA and CRCC (Fayetteville, NC) is the same place. Google reviews lists a lot of reviews from the DON and ADON themselves. Read any review from a nurse that's ever worked here & you should be running for the hills. I didn't listen. I gave it a shot anyway and it was a disaster. Just like most nursing homes this place is incredibly understaffed and nurses are overworked. Between 25 - 30 patients for 1 nurse. New management in certain units had the place running worse than it was before, which is saying so much. The training is like 2 days long and then they throw you on a med cart by yourself. When new nurses get hired, you have to train them yourselves. None of the new nurses ever stay. You'll spend a couple days training them to get temporary relief from having to work 12+ hour shifts before they quit a couple days or weeks later. In large part it's because the work load is so heavy and the training is so poor. Management does very little to try to retain you as an employee. You have to fend for yourself or be treated like you are disposable. They look at you like you're insane if you ask for help, clarification or assistance. It's every nurse for themselves at CRCC/MFA . Most nurses there are just waiting to get their 6 months experience to leave and work elsewhere. A handful of nurses got threatened to get reported to the BON after working here. The DON and ADON will not give positive feedback to future employers if you put them down as a reference. This place will use you and abuse you any way possible. You'll end up working 12 - 16 hour shifts because nurses  more... call out and quit so often. Very few nurses that have been working there longer than 6 months. If a patient complains about a nurse, the DON, ADON and Unit managers are quick to believe the patient and reprimand you before addressing you first. They treat you like you're incompetent if you make even the smallest mistake or fall behind on your shift. I would never want my family member to be cared for at an MFA facility. Absolute worst nursing experience of my life.  less
Pros
Able to work overtime as much as you want
Cons
Poor management, no support from management, no work/life balance
Typical Nursing Home Job
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 17, 2018
High nurse/cna to patient ratios. Frequently work short staffed with leads to high turnover rates. Good staff is quickly burnt out due to working short during most shifts.
Wonderful Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Springs, VAJuly 16, 2018
At MFA the staff is very nice and helping. The facility is very nice it’s open and pleasant. Everyone is easy to talk to. You’ll never be left behind.
Would be a better environment if there were better management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2018
If this job was at a different location, everything would have been 10xs better than what was experienced at this one. Only work here if you can deal with constant belittlement, the occasional violent visitor, irate callers, etc. Nothing but workplace drama where no one does their work but expects others to pick up the slack
Pros
Lunch is $3.00, business casual, dress down Fridays, really good PTO
Cons
Management, work environment, coworkers
I loved working at Medical Facilities of America
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAJuly 14, 2018
I just loved the resident that i got to take care of. It just amazing company to work for and has awesome benefits and awesome pay and the environment is great.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Charlotte health & rehab is terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
The supervisors have their favorite staff who barley do anything while at work. Housekeeping staff are loud and rude troublemakers who think they are nurses always talking about staff members ! Dietary staff is rude and greedy always taking extra food home instead of feeding the staff or residents who ask for more food. The residents who are here and are in their right mind are either perverted or rude. Only good thing about this place is the pay, extra hours & the rehab staff. Long term side is a nightmare. Not enough help or staff. Not enough lift machines either. Environment is stressful and unfriendly makes me not want to come to work. Currently looking for other jobs.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Unfriendly environment
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 6, 2018
I love working with MFA but recently the company made changes that significantly decreased my usage as a PRN employee. If they had availability for part time I would take it in a heart beat. My co-workers are great and management is strict yet personable. The hardest part is the documentation, but I'm sure that's the same anywhere! I learn new techniques daily and it is encouraged to seek assistance whenever needed; they have never made me feel inadequate or belittle me due to my inexperience.
Run and fast
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 29, 2018
I worked here for about 4 months. It was a horrible experience. Most evenings I would have only one CNA on my hall due to constant Call-outs and No-Shows. So basically you had one LPN and one CNA trying to care for 20+ patients. As the LPN, I had to provide medication administration, wound care, tube feedings, teach care and colostomy care while trying to help out my only CNA. The pay was ok but an 8hr will always be 10+ if you cared. Plus, you could tell some of the other nurses did not care or were overwhelmed because I would come in the next day and some of my patients would have to same bandage I applied though they are supposed to be changed every shift. Management just sucks here. Such a shame.
Pros
Money
Cons
Nurse to patient ratio, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight