Medical Facilities of America Culture reviews

Going downhill fast
therapist (Current Employee) –  Stanleytown, VASeptember 22, 2018
The facility used to be a gem in our small town, but it has taken a steep downhill turn in the past 6 months to a year. The administrator and the new rehab director are both clueless. Bullying among employees is rampant, especially in nursing and rehab, and if someone doesn't like you, they will start a rumor about you to try to get you terminated. Sometimes it works. The culture is toxic. It is sad because this used to be a great place to work, but now many people are trying to get out as quickly as possible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Wonderful Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Springs, VAJuly 16, 2018
At MFA the staff is very nice and helping. The facility is very nice it’s open and pleasant. Everyone is easy to talk to. You’ll never be left behind.
I loved working at Medical Facilities of America
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAJuly 14, 2018
I just loved the resident that i got to take care of. It just amazing company to work for and has awesome benefits and awesome pay and the environment is great.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Mfa
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 11, 2018
I took a position with MFA after having a really bad experience with a contract company called Heritage Healthcare. With Heritage, I worked for them 7 years without a raise, only a pay cut. Heritage Healthcare was based out of South Carolina and I worked in Virginia. They had no idea what was going on in the clinic and no support for good clinicians. However, the only critique that I have for MFA is that upper management tends to micro manage but in some cases are very supportive. My manager is the best I’ve had in my 22 year career. Finally, I get evaluated in regards to my skills and what my patients say instead of just politics.
Pros
Pay increases
Cons
Some micro management
Very stressful environment. Could be a great place if better management was in place
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 16, 2018
Very stressful environment. Management played a huge role in this. Could be a great place to work if better managed and adequately staffed. Benefits were ok just a bit costly. The Culpeper facility could be a great place but will take a lot of work to get there.
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Currently employed at Riverside Health & Rehab in Danville, Va 25451. Great team players everyone help each other in the facility. Great staff all around
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for a family owned company that took personal interest in the quality of care delivered to patients. The management team was cohesive and supportive.
greAT
Staff Accountant - Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 29, 2017
I loved working for them. My coworkers were always very helpful and everyone got along very well. I would recommend everyone to apply to work with them.
poor work environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 6, 2017
Not a pleasurable place of work. Very cut throat. Management poor. pay is not competitive for the job duties that are required. No room for advancement
Pros
learning experience
Cons
poor management
5 star very worth working for
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland Springs, VANovember 15, 2017
I currently work at Henrico Health and Rehab and I wouldn't work anywhere else . The administrator is beyond the nicest , knowledgable , and great to employees and residents he goes over and beyond . Human resources is amazing she is on top of things, willing to help you anyway she can and always gives excellent advice . The training is beyond 5 star they always give you training you'll need and always support you in every way . This is the most best place to work .
Pros
To many
Cons

Want to know more about Medical Facilities of America?

Ask a question
Excellent Company. Leader in its markets
Company Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2017
Excellent Company; high expectations with structure for support. Very customer focused and responsive to employees. Committed to staffing even in a difficult market
Pros
Service and team culture helping vet vulnerable people
Cons
Challenging work. Can get pretty fast paced, but always based upon patient needs
Pulaski Health and Rehab has a great family atmosphere and it is a place that staff want to work and residents choose to be.
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VANovember 1, 2017
Pulaski Health and Rehab has a great group of management staff that encourages the nurses to critically think and express thoughts and ideas. They have great resources and provide support to help you grow in your role. They take time to know the residents on a level that provides comfort and plays a key role in educating family, residents, and staff to provide a healing environment and exceptional care. I am proud to call myself a member of the team.
Review
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Gretna, VASeptember 19, 2017
It is a good place to work. You really enjoy working with your co workers and the residents. They truly become your family. They provide the tools you need to excel at your job.
Friendly work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VASeptember 18, 2017
Berkshire was a great place to work wtih friendly people. We made food according to dietary needs and the staff was always ready to help patients and their family. Management was great with hard working people dedicated to the job.
nice place to work , pay needs some improvments
Burkeshire health and rehab (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAJuly 24, 2017
very nice place to work over all , management is good . the pay needs some improvement along with better benefits . all the fellow employees are great .
Great Place to Work
Regional Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 16, 2017
the management team was really good, everyone worked together and the training program is state of the art. I actually learned so much here, this is a great place to work at.
Very strong employee and patient focused company.
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 3, 2017
MFA is an excellent company to work for! Benefits are outstanding, staffing ratios are low, company culture is very enjoyable! MFA is a leader in the LTC and Rehab industry. Throughout my 3 years with the company, many employees who leave thinking another company in this industry will be better in regards to schedule, staffing, patient acuity, etc. 90% or more of them call wanting to come back usually within a few months or within a year of leaving. This tells me that I work for a company that is truly a higher standard workplace. MFA has high standards for the patients and the employees. I highly recommend if you are considering employment with this company to follow through and apply; your only regret will be that you didn't do it sooner!
Pros
3 weeks PTO, 401K, free life insurance, low cost health insurance, tons of events and free food for staff often, gift cards at xmas, time and a half paid on every holiday
Run away!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Connelly Springs NCMay 4, 2017
If you value your license stay far away. Management clueless all nursing staff
Overworked many nurses cutthroat and will stab anyone in the back if it serves them. This place stinks..a virtual Snake pit
Pros
Pay was competitive
Cons
Understaffed, cliques abound
Review
OTR (Current Employee) –  Louisa, VAMarch 29, 2017
MFA allows for flexibility in my schedule and life. Managers and support from therapy staff has been exceptional. The hardest aspect of the job is changing nursing staff.
Great team work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 16, 2017
I have worked at this building for almost 5 years, and have been a therapist much longer. I enjoy my work and the work of my teammates on the therapy team! I enjoy helping others and am blessed to be on this team!
Pros
Excellent therapy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight