Medical Facilities of America Culture reviews

Featured review
Medical Facilities of America selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company. Leader in its markets
Company Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2017
Excellent Company; high expectations with structure for support. Very customer focused and responsive to employees. Committed to staffing even in a difficult market
Pros
Service and team culture helping vet vulnerable people
Cons
Challenging work. Can get pretty fast paced, but always based upon patient needs
Overall great experience. Some challenges, but focus on patient care and service is everywhere
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 9, 2019
I highly recommend MFA, especially within the long term care and rehabilitation area. They have the structure needed to help you be successful. The focus is on patients and customers. There are hard days, but the overall satisfaction of helping vulnerable people is very important to me as is the appreciation for helping our patients. The culture is fast-paced and very rewarding.
Pros
Support and structure to help employees be successful
Cons
As with all healthcare places, demands of the job can be high at times.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waverly, VAJanuary 29, 2019
I love working at waverly its clean and quiet and the staff love the residents, everyone is like family. Staff receives gift cards and management throughs big Christmas parties, nurse has lots of continuing education, and CNA are friendly
Pros
Management is great
Cons
Benifits
Great Workplace
Management (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work, with caring staff. Everyone really works together to provide the best care possible for the residents. Management is very responsive to any issues or concerns.
So far great
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 21, 2019
I have heard great things and have seen great things, very clean and smells new, gym looks new and clean and the staff at the door is very nice and respectful.
Pros
Clean place
Productive and welcoming
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Connelly Springs, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Competitive pay, great insurance, family like environment. Very clean, oriented. The administrator buys us awesome food. Our HR manager rocks. Business office is very knowledgeable.
Improving!
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 14, 2019
This facility has had it's recent challenges. The management team is working hard to recruit staff and to change the overall culture. The goal is across the board to provide excellent care for the patients/residents.
Pros
Very good pay compared to others in the area, management committed to change
Cons
currently lack staff
Housekeeping / Laundry Director (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Springtree is a wonderful place to work
I we have a great team and all of us work as team players to get our jobs done
If you. Or a love one needs therapy. Or a job

This is the place to be
Pros
Good benefits good people. To work with
Cons
Fast paced and sometimes stressful as with any job
Exceptional place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 31, 2018
Compassionate ownership and leadership
Exceptional care to both residents and staff
Competitive pay and amazing benefits
Diverse workforce and commitment to excellence at every level
Going downhill fast
therapist (Current Employee) –  Stanleytown, VASeptember 22, 2018
The facility used to be a gem in our small town, but it has taken a steep downhill turn in the past 6 months to a year. The administrator and the new rehab director are both clueless. Bullying among employees is rampant, especially in nursing and rehab, and if someone doesn't like you, they will start a rumor about you to try to get you terminated. Sometimes it works. The culture is toxic. It is sad because this used to be a great place to work, but now many people are trying to get out as quickly as possible.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Wonderful Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Springs, VAJuly 16, 2018
At MFA the staff is very nice and helping. The facility is very nice it’s open and pleasant. Everyone is easy to talk to. You’ll never be left behind.
I loved working at Medical Facilities of America
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Vinton, VAJuly 14, 2018
I just loved the resident that i got to take care of. It just amazing company to work for and has awesome benefits and awesome pay and the environment is great.
Pros
Free Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Mfa
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 11, 2018
I took a position with MFA after having a really bad experience with a contract company called Heritage Healthcare. With Heritage, I worked for them 7 years without a raise, only a pay cut. Heritage Healthcare was based out of South Carolina and I worked in Virginia. They had no idea what was going on in the clinic and no support for good clinicians. However, the only critique that I have for MFA is that upper management tends to micro manage but in some cases are very supportive. My manager is the best I’ve had in my 22 year career. Finally, I get evaluated in regards to my skills and what my patients say instead of just politics.
Pros
Pay increases
Cons
Some micro management
Good company but must be flexible
Interim Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 26, 2018
Probably the best group to be with if you can remain flexible to their needs and can relocate to where needed the most. Very competitive and rewarding if you can keep up with the competition
Very stressful environment. Could be a great place if better management was in place
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 16, 2018
Very stressful environment. Management played a huge role in this. Could be a great place to work if better managed and adequately staffed. Benefits were ok just a bit costly. The Culpeper facility could be a great place but will take a lot of work to get there.
Productive work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Currently employed at Riverside Health and Rehabilitation Center and the work place is fun, stay busy so there is something to do. Also, it's great team work!
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAFebruary 9, 2018
Currently employed at Riverside Health & Rehab in Danville, Va 25451. Great team players everyone help each other in the facility. Great staff all around
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for a family owned company that took personal interest in the quality of care delivered to patients. The management team was cohesive and supportive.
greAT
Staff Accountant - Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 29, 2017
I loved working for them. My coworkers were always very helpful and everyone got along very well. I would recommend everyone to apply to work with them.
poor work environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 6, 2017
Not a pleasurable place of work. Very cut throat. Management poor. pay is not competitive for the job duties that are required. No room for advancement
Pros
learning experience
Cons
poor management
Pulaski Health and Rehab has a great family atmosphere and it is a place that staff want to work and residents choose to be.
Staff Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VANovember 1, 2017
Pulaski Health and Rehab has a great group of management staff that encourages the nurses to critically think and express thoughts and ideas. They have great resources and provide support to help you grow in your role. They take time to know the residents on a level that provides comfort and plays a key role in educating family, residents, and staff to provide a healing environment and exceptional care. I am proud to call myself a member of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Facilities of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight