Medical Guardian Employee Reviews

Women
Contract 3months (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
It was ran by mostly women, so there was a lot of cattiness in the office and also a lot of favoritism. I am a woman and that was the worst place I've ever worked for. High turnover rate.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your work experience at Medical Guardian. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and positive working environment. We will take your comments as a teachable moment to improve the experience for all employees.

Productive and relaxing environment
Fullfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2018
Medical Guardian is a productive and relaxing environment. One of the best jobs I ever worked. The company cares for its employees and that's what you don't find at most jobs. The company is still growing which is a good thing, because in the near future there will be more growth opportunities in the company if you want to move on up. Medical Guardian is a company I want to be apart of.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Staff
Cons
There are none.
Fun
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 18, 2018
It is a good and challenging place to work. There is not a whole lot of room for advancement but it is a fast growing company so I see that potentially changing in the near future.
Professionalism
Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2018
I worked for Medical Guardian only part-time which was on the weekends and when they decided that they no longer needed my services they never called or wrote, they just had me coming in working while all the while I was laid off. I didn't get the news until one day my direct deposit didn't hit my account. When I called and asked why, they said it was because I was no longer needed.
Pros
Awesome environment
Cons
Professionalism
July 30, 2018

Medical Guardian has not had layoffs in our Customer Care department nor would we handle a layoff in that manner. All employees are informed professionally and promptly if there is a change in their employment. Additionally, hourly employees are required to clock in and out so therefore they are automatically paid for their hours.

Great workplace with many exciting activities
sales executive (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
The management is great and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and adapt while employed here. There are also weekly activities and awards for achievements throughout the week.
Pros
Weekly training, and activities
Cons
N/a
Growing company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
A lot o time spent on the phone. but the ability to make very good money. not that challenging a job. good things to come for this company going forward
Pros
snacks, not micro managed, easy
Cons
hours, training coulda been better, must work a weekend day
Very comfortable place to work.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2018
Love working here. The company is really focused on finding the right fit for the company and the customers. Alot of room for growth. Very happy fun place to work.
I love it here. Saving lives and making good money, its a win win!!!!
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
great family culture, excellent location and still growing. Always a pleasure talking to our mostly seniors and helping them continue to be protected.
Pros
family like culture. free food all the time and good money.
The Best Place I've Worked
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
There is always something new and exciting happening in the company with a number of opportunities for growth within the organization. The employees are extremely friendly and hardworking, which has helped motivate me to do great work. I'm also inspired hearing and reading customer testimonials about our products because our products literally save lives with a push of the button. It's an inspiring company to work for and I'm lucky to be here.
Pros
Recognition program through YOU ROCK cards, great leaders, benefits and environment
Amazing Place to Work!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Working at Medical Guardian everyday is an absolute pleasure. I have never felt more fulfilled in a position and more collaborative with my coworkers. The management at MG clearly cares about their employees and genuinely has the best intentions for everyone at the company. The opportunity for advancement is unlimited and the company focus on culture is unparalleled. Everyday I am surrounded by positive people who enjoy coming to work and the open door policy at MG makes everyone approachable. I have never worked for a company that cared this much about its employees and making sure they are happy to be at work everyday. I truly believe there is something special about Medical Guardian and feel fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work with the people I have met here.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Positive Energy
Fast paced but great place and company to work for.
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 21, 2018
Love this job. Love the company and everybody here. It’s very fast paced and never a dull or boring time during the day. The days are very productive, leaving you feel very accomplished at the end of the day.
Greatest Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Working at Medical Guardian has been the greatest opportunity since graduating from college, this company was everything I could have hoped for and more. The CEO genuinely cares for his employees and makes it a point to know each and every one of us. I have learned many things from my fellow employees here that have benefited me both in the workplace and in my role in the workplace. Every employee is positive and helpful like you could only hope for in a job. It's truly nice to work in a place where employees support each other and help one another succeed. Medical Guardian never ceases to amaze me in the records it breaks, the amazing culture we have here, and where we will go in the future.
Pros
company culture, company events, positive environment, and more!
My Experience
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2018
I moved my family from Massachusetts to work for a company that promised 50k+ annually for a Sale's position. They do not provide the tools nor do they train you to do the job how they would like it done. The position is commission based, however, there are rules and restrictions that should only apply to someone who is being paid a base salary or hourly wage. Their ethics and morals are driven by greed. They're inconsistent and rely on outdated technology to tend to ever-evolving clients. The company has quadrupled it's Sales reps, however, they haven't hired any customer service reps to tend to it's vastly growing consumer base, causing clients to cancel their service. When a client cancels their service due to lack of customer service reps and/or unavailable customer service reps, the Sales rep is hit with a chargeback. The company keeps the money, the rep is charged what the company should be charged for, and you're essentially working for free. The company cares about money, which isn't wrong, but they do not value their employees nor do they value their customers.
Pros
Learned how not to run a company
Cons
The job as a whole
July 30, 2018

Medical Guardian is constantly hiring both Customer Care and Sales Reps to support our growing business. All Sales Reps go through a week of classroom training along with a guaranteed salary for their first 90 days as a ramp up period. We do have many successful Sales Reps in our company and will use this feedback as a teachable moment for our hiring moving forward.

Productive Work PLACE
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Medical Guardian has a comfortable and nice work environment and my co-workers are friendly. However it's really competitive and the sale is a sensitive sale.
Fun Productive Company that helps you be the best version of yourself !!!
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2018
Medical guardian is a great place to learn and perfect your craft as a salesman, retention specialist or in customer service.
The culture at medical guardian is second to none . You wont find a better place to work , the management here is great you feel welcomed and comfortable. The best thing is it is easy to get self motivated. it can be fast paced at times but its never overwhelming. The hardest part of the job is parting ways at the end of the day. you always have that feeling if you stay 15 more mins you could save another life !!!
Pros
free coffe alot of great incentives great pay great management
Very good place to work. I can't say anything thing bad @ all.. just awesome!
Life Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Money, atmosphere, benefits, CEO, co-workers....it's just so much I can't say I could go on and on. This is the first job I can say that I absolutely have no complaints.
Great call center with a good atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2017
Inside Sales Consultant
This is a call center sales job that provides warm leads. You are never cold calling. The pay is 100% commission and it pays great. It can be hard starting out but work hard and be consistent at this job and you will be rewarded. I've been here for 2 months and I always look forward to coming into work. I am extremely grateful to have come across this job. If you're considering working here, listen to all the other great reviews and apply !! This company is growing like crazy, be apart of the movement !
Pros
Warm leads, friendly staff, pay
Cons
No parking
Fun and exciting place to work and great compensation!
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2017
A typical day in the Rentention Department begins with me walking through the door being greeted by my co workers with smiles. The comradre between Sales and Rentention is awesome. I have learned great patience and excellent Customer Care skills via great Managers and Supervisors that are always available and very approachable.

The entire workplace culture is "family oriented". My daughter was admitted into the hospital and I came to work that day to honor my obligation to my team. My Supervisor insisted that I clock out and go to be with my daughter. The different shift hours provide for a great life/work balance.

I am a part of the Cancellation/Retention team. The hardest part of my job is having to cancel accounts due to death and hospice. They make me a little sad.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of the #1 Medical Alarm company. I save accounts with pride knowing I just helped save a life. Customers call each day with stories of how our systems helped them. My efforts are recognized and rewarded. That makes me feel good each day.
Pros
Great money making opportunity, daily incentives, monetary rewards, recognition awards, occasional free food, free variety of coffees and hot drinks, a cafe instead of just a kitchen or cafeteria
Cons
Aside from the occasional death or hospice call..... I can't really think of any cons.
Customer Service Dept.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2017
Good working environment. People here are friendly and even with a full 8 hours of calls , we always have time to have a little fun. Somewhere that is great to have a start and grow.
Pros
Fun owner and polite co workers.
Cons
No parking and short lunch time.
Great Place to Work
Inside phone sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2017
Medical Guardian is a good place to work, excellent training and lots of opportunity. There are many good people that are willing to help you succeed. The hardest part of my job is the daily commute due to where I live.
Pros
Food and entertainment incentives
Cons
Center City Philadelphia location is a long commute for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Guardian. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3