Medical Guardian Employee Reviews

Fast paced but fun working environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2019
CEO is amazing and he takes care of his employees therefore, it makes it a little easier to deal with irate customers. A typical day is very fast paced and busy. Call after call but it makes the day go by fast which I like.Culture is great at MG. Most members of the management team is very helpful and thorough. 3 year anniversary coming up soon and I have no plans on leaving any time soon. The people I work with are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Work from home from time to time, flexible schedule, OT always available
Cons
1/2 lunch., there is room for improvement with pay and benefits
Fun workplace
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoy my job but management plays a huge decision in rather I can stay with a job. Management have a huge lot of growing within the company some bound shouldn't be crossed and are unprofessional in my eyes. Overall the representatives are so family oriented and team work driven.
Pros
Mental Health Awareness, Community Service Projects
Cons
Favoritism, Mangers do more for those that they like more.
Not your average Call Center
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2019
I've been with Medical Guardian for almost 4 years and can honestly say its like my second home. Although work can be challenging some times given the scope of what I do, I wouldn't have it any other way. I know what I come to work everyday to do makes a difference in someones life and it makes it worth it . If your looking for a company with room for advancement it's here but only if your willing to work for it.
Pros
Company Events, Fair Pay, Good Hrs
Cons
Sometimes Hectic but that's a Call center for ya!
Great place to gain experience and develop skills
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
I would recommend this job to aspiring sales reps or experienced sales reps! This company offers a competitive but educational sales experience that can benefit new or experienced sales personnel. Management and employees collaborate to give as much help as needed to ensure that if you want to succeed, YOU WILL.
Nice people and very busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2019
Very busy which is great, makes the time fly by

Management/Supervisors are there for you when you need help

Great place to work but be ready to work
Pros
Great environment, Nice Co-Workers, Nice Management/Supervisors
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay
Refreshing Atmosphere
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2019
As a recent addition to the company, I can honestly say that the employees and managers here are helpful and welcoming and truly want to see everyone succeed. Caring cultures help to facilitate genuine relationships and help keep employees engaged and motivated and Medical Guardian is a testament to that! Can't wait to see what this growing company has in store for me in the upcoming months and I am excited to continue learning and developing alongside the rest of my team.
A drive to succeed and be the best that a company can be
Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2019
It's nice to work for a company that cares about their employees and has such a drive and passion to succeed in all areas. Medical Guardian Rocks!!!!!
Pros
all work related events, culture
Cons
short breaks, evening hours
Ideal Company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Medical Guardian is a great place to learn, and develop your career. I would highly recommend it to people as a wonderful workplace that has a great team-oriented mentality.
Medicial Guardian is an extremely unique opportunity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2018
I've worked over thirty years in healthcare and over the last two years multiple levels of employment, and Medical Guardian has been one of the best experiences.

Medical Guardian is a unique company with unlimited potential because everyday you learn and offer something different with each customer.

One learns how to listen to various individuals seeking resolutions and/or compassion.

One learns the importance of being a great listener, how to be empathic, and compassionate, and operate with integrity.

Medical Guardian is an inclusive environment, not like take a number, but any customer left unanswered or without resolution is still a priority.
Pros
Coworkers, Customers, Training sessions, work environment
Cons
Transporation when living outside the city, thirty minute lunch
Productive and relaxing environment
Fullfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2018
Medical Guardian is a productive and relaxing environment. One of the best jobs I ever worked. The company cares for its employees and that's what you don't find at most jobs. The company is still growing which is a good thing, because in the near future there will be more growth opportunities in the company if you want to move on up. Medical Guardian is a company I want to be apart of.
Pros
Hours, Benefits, Staff
Cons
There are none.
Women
Contract 3months (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
It was ran by mostly women, so there was a lot of cattiness in the office and also a lot of favoritism. I am a woman and that was the worst place I've ever worked for. High turnover rate.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your work experience at Medical Guardian. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and positive working environment. We will take your comments as a teachable moment to improve the experience for all employees.

Fun
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 18, 2018
It is a good and challenging place to work. There is not a whole lot of room for advancement but it is a fast growing company so I see that potentially changing in the near future.
Professionalism
Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2018
I worked for Medical Guardian only part-time which was on the weekends and when they decided that they no longer needed my services they never called or wrote, they just had me coming in working while all the while I was laid off. I didn't get the news until one day my direct deposit didn't hit my account. When I called and asked why, they said it was because I was no longer needed.
Pros
Awesome environment
Cons
Professionalism
July 30, 2018

Medical Guardian has not had layoffs in our Customer Care department nor would we handle a layoff in that manner. All employees are informed professionally and promptly if there is a change in their employment. Additionally, hourly employees are required to clock in and out so therefore they are automatically paid for their hours.

Growing company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
A lot o time spent on the phone. but the ability to make very good money. not that challenging a job. good things to come for this company going forward
Pros
snacks, not micro managed, easy
Cons
hours, training coulda been better, must work a weekend day
Great workplace with many exciting activities
sales executive (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
The management is great and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and adapt while employed here. There are also weekly activities and awards for achievements throughout the week.
Pros
Weekly training, and activities
Cons
N/a
Very comfortable place to work.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2018
Love working here. The company is really focused on finding the right fit for the company and the customers. Alot of room for growth. Very happy fun place to work.
The Best Place I've Worked
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
There is always something new and exciting happening in the company with a number of opportunities for growth within the organization. The employees are extremely friendly and hardworking, which has helped motivate me to do great work. I'm also inspired hearing and reading customer testimonials about our products because our products literally save lives with a push of the button. It's an inspiring company to work for and I'm lucky to be here.
Pros
Recognition program through YOU ROCK cards, great leaders, benefits and environment
I love it here. Saving lives and making good money, its a win win!!!!
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2018
great family culture, excellent location and still growing. Always a pleasure talking to our mostly seniors and helping them continue to be protected.
Pros
family like culture. free food all the time and good money.
My Experience
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2018
I moved my family from Massachusetts to work for a company that promised 50k+ annually for a Sale's position. They do not provide the tools nor do they train you to do the job how they would like it done. The position is commission based, however, there are rules and restrictions that should only apply to someone who is being paid a base salary or hourly wage. Their ethics and morals are driven by greed. They're inconsistent and rely on outdated technology to tend to ever-evolving clients. The company has quadrupled it's Sales reps, however, they haven't hired any customer service reps to tend to it's vastly growing consumer base, causing clients to cancel their service. When a client cancels their service due to lack of customer service reps and/or unavailable customer service reps, the Sales rep is hit with a chargeback. The company keeps the money, the rep is charged what the company should be charged for, and you're essentially working for free. The company cares about money, which isn't wrong, but they do not value their employees nor do they value their customers.
Pros
Learned how not to run a company
Cons
The job as a whole
July 30, 2018

Medical Guardian is constantly hiring both Customer Care and Sales Reps to support our growing business. All Sales Reps go through a week of classroom training along with a guaranteed salary for their first 90 days as a ramp up period. We do have many successful Sales Reps in our company and will use this feedback as a teachable moment for our hiring moving forward.

Amazing Place to Work!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Working at Medical Guardian everyday is an absolute pleasure. I have never felt more fulfilled in a position and more collaborative with my coworkers. The management at MG clearly cares about their employees and genuinely has the best intentions for everyone at the company. The opportunity for advancement is unlimited and the company focus on culture is unparalleled. Everyday I am surrounded by positive people who enjoy coming to work and the open door policy at MG makes everyone approachable. I have never worked for a company that cared this much about its employees and making sure they are happy to be at work everyday. I truly believe there is something special about Medical Guardian and feel fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work with the people I have met here.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Positive Energy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Guardian. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3