Medical Mutual of Ohio Employee Reviews

Not bad but not great
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2018
Strictly managed for maximum efficiency. You can't use the bathroom without worrying if you're going to miss one of your time management goals. Too strict when it comes to work hours and there is no budging on what hours you will work.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Awful management, treated like children
Good company with legacy technology
Software Developer IV (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 18, 2018
productive work around
work place culture
employee benefits
less offer for learning new skill
Good Insurance
Job security
work life balance is good
Contract LPN 4 month assignment
Prior Authorization Nurse (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2018
I was hired as a contract nurse for the Care Coordination Dept and my time there was a very good experience.The Managers and Director of the dept were very personable and easy to approach with questions or concerns. The productivity expectations were reasonable. The other nurses in the area were very nice and knowledgeable. I got a lot of hugs and well wishes on my last day! The dress code allowing jeans and the large cafeteria menu made it very convenient. I wish I could have stayed on a permanent basis but there were changes in the company for Imaging authorizations (what I was hired to do) and Medical Mutual does not hire LPN's for permanent positions. I keep checking their website for other possible non-nursing positions because I would love to return, however I can only speak for the Care Coordination Dept when giving my opinion.
Pros
work hours, dress code, reasonable expectations, fairly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Parking fees downtown Cleveland
Excellent community based activities
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 25, 2018
Excellent community based activities and employee based activities. Great incentives for employees. Fast paced, regimented workplace with lots of rules. Great for those requiring structure.
Pros
activities
Cons
very structured with no flexibility
productive
Customer Service Representative/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2018
good company to work for but, wish I had an opportunity to return, lots of fun a lot employee perks, room for advancement as well, Mind your business.
Pros
breaks and lunches
Cons
mico-management
Headquarters Location
Provider Contracting Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Medical Mutual has challenging roles that allow growth and movement within the organization. Headquarters is in a great location in downtown Cleveland (walking distance to restaurants, parking and sport arenas). This location also has a gym and cafeteria.
Going Downhill Fast
IT specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2018
The IT culture is toxic. Many long time employees are getting let go, retiring early, or are resigning for better opportunites. Management does not care because they do nothing about the mass exodus of experienced employees.
Educational and career paths are non-existent. Benefits are being reduced every year.
Employee reviews are tainted with bias and there is no recourse to corrct or resolve disputes fairly.
Loyalty is expected from employees but the company gives none back.
Be aware of these things before taking a job here.
Ohio based health insurance company
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 12, 2018
offers many in house technical and trade learning opportunities that are relevant to career opportunities that are available at this health insurance company.
Opportunity for growth is an exceptional value
Medical Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2018
Fortune 500 company. Benefits are the grestest opportunities for training and advancement are provided to there employees to help them excel. Medical mutual provides there employees with so many phenomenal benefits I absolutely love the department I'm presently working in
Learning advancement
Medical and Dental Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Fast paced environment. Always changes. Opportunity to advance and lot of free classes for personal growth. worked in both Medical and Dental claims. Always room for job advancement.
Pros
A company that is always growing
Cons
Salary not the greatest but great place to work
Very nice place to work
Stop Loss Administrator (Current Employee) –  Copley, OHDecember 29, 2017
everyone is very nice there, the managers are extremely nice, and anyone that you passed in the hall would say hello. It is a very relaxed atmosphere.
Challenging health insurance regulations
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 29, 2017
worked for the company for 10 years. Advanced quickly, pay scale is good, generous PTO. Co-workers are great! Generous bonus scale and they have a Mutual Appreciation program where employees shop at our customer's businesses. You can wear jeans to work.
patient care
Pharmacy Services specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2017
The company cares about the fair treatment of it's employees, members, stock-holders and community. The pay is very good and the company has a great reputation in the state.
Pros
casual dress and environment
Cons
lack of training and advancement
Great Place to work!
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Everyone is really friendly ans amazing.They really care about you and you career. Managers really care about your career development and genuinely try to help as much as possible even if it means helping you get a job somewhere else!
Not a bad place to work, lots of perks
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2017
MMO is a decent place to work. There are a lot of perks like a free gym, on-site cafeteria, etc. Management is typical of a business this size. I would recommend it to someone looking
efficient at being inefficient
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2017
micro managing from executive level leads to mass inefficiencies.
no one can make a decision and approval has to be obtained through all levels of management.
very little support from some management
CYA environment
little advancement opportunities unless you part of the click.
excuses made for those who are like, others are punished
Productive fast paced call center
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2017
Answer anywhere between 40-60 calls between healthcare providers and members about benefits, eligibility and claims. Quote benefits for general services or run codes by CPT, HCFA and ICD-10, answer questions on claims and prior approvals. The work culture is more casual and relaxed with separate cubical s for privacy. the most enjoyable part of my job to me is helping the providers or members that I am helping out.
Pros
Pto
Cons
short breaks
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2017
I only worked here for 3 months (contract position during enrollment period) but the team was really helpful and nice to work with My supervisor was nice and flexible.
Community involved company
Small Machine Specialist (Current Employee) –  2060 East 9th Street, Cleveland Ohio 44118May 27, 2017
A typical day begins as most any other but the people I work with and the culture the employees embody make relatively mundane tasks a pleasure to do. Everyone works hard for the common goal of helping and making life better.
Pros
Healthy atmosphere including a gym
Cons
N/a
Pay is good.
Reviewer, Care Transitions (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
Care management/Care Transitions department is a very difficult job. Department always short-staffed. Salaried position with no comp time. Typical training, in classroom, is 6 months.
Pros
May be approved to work from home
Cons
Insurance benefits are less than what would be expected while working for an insurance company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Mutual of Ohio. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Mutual of Ohio Reviews by Location