Medical Services of America logo

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Complete Chaos

Minimal support from corporate office and senior management. High turn over rate for nursing positions. Branch administrator was out of the office the majority of the time and incapable of fulfilling job duties. Field nurses had NO work/life balance and treated poorly.

Pros

Some ability to make set your schedule

Cons

high turn over rate, poor management, nepotism

Great working environment

Great place to work! Our team goes above and beyond in patient care and teamwork is outstanding as well as support and encouragement from leadership. The flexibility is wonderful and the work environment is fun and productive.

Pros

Teamwork, caring staff, flexibility

Wonderful place to work!!

This is such a wonderful place to work. I work with some of the most amazing people in the upstate of South Carolina leadership is nothing but the best and always there to support you and help you succeed! I highly recommend! Everyone works as a TEAM! The administrator will even do visit and admissions To help her team when needed.

Pros

Great team, happy employees, teamwork

Cons

I can’t come up with one.

All new team

The Woodbridge/Fredericksburg Team is amazing. When one needs help, another is there to pitch in and help. It’s a brand new team with all new energy. Individuals are recognized for their hard work.

Pros

Staff support

Cons

Compensation slightly below market

MSA is what you make of it!

MSA has had a lot of changes with Managment. All for the better. We help patients in our community and serve families well. With a good attitude, your workplace can be amazing. It’s all about what YOU make it. I love my job. No place is perfect, but this place is heading in the right direction!

Pros

Flexible, Patient Care, Co-Workers

Cons

Pay could be higher

Job seekers rely on your experience.

MSA is a company that I am proud to work for

I work as a patient care coordinator for MSA. I have been employed by MSA for about 6 months now and have found a job that I can feel productive and also have a good work home life balance. I understand that was a management change prior to my arrival. The current administrator and the rest of the management team are great to work for and with. The atmosphere fosters teamwork and allows for constructive conversations even during a disagreement. It's not perfect but anyone expecting a perfect job is niave. I've been a nurse for 13 years. This is one of the first jobs I've had that allows me to perform my job with autonomy and provides me the ability to leave work at work.

Pros

Great atmosphere and benefits. Good work home life balance

Cons

Pay scale is a little low but the benefits were worth it for me.

Poor communicatuon

Inappropriate admission. Lack of team work. Negative and unwelcome environment. No room for growth. No appreciate and nasty attitude from office worker.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cut throat

Not culturally diverse at all in the office setting that I was in. Very Cliquish with an environment that felt non-trustworthy. Management had been there for years and is very vindictive. The pay is laughable. even with having the appropriate education to do the job. They still do everything by paper which in itself is Archaic. My suggestion is too look elsewhere for employment.

Pros

You’re out in the fields and not under management

Cons

Untrustworthy, behind in times when it comes to documentation.

Horrible work environment

Do not go to work for this company. No support, management talks about other employees to everyone in the office and in the field. The pay is insulting. Unless you suck up you are an outcast. Patient care is at the bottom of their list.

Pros

Cons

Horrible work environment

I LOVE my job!

I’m a RN Case manager and absolutely love my job! I work the weekend only shift at salary but have the opportunity to pick up during the week if I need to at an extra hourly rate. MSA has always worked with me if I needed unexpected time off or scheduled time off. If I have questions about a patient, a member of management is easy to get in touch with. I wasn’t fond of the charting system but once you get the hang of it, it’s a breeze. Opportunity to climb the ladder is absolutely possible and encouraged for the right employee. I love my job and to be honest, it’s the BEST job I’ve ever had! And that’s saying a lot as I’ve been in healthcare for 17 years now. Highly recommend!

Jobs at Medical Services of America

See more jobs

poorly run and poor pay scale

little to no orientationpoor professionalismpoorly rated on Medicare web siteHIGH turn over of staffNO work-life balanceStill rely heavily on paperthey are supply HOUNDS- cant get needed supplies without a fight/beggingpoor managementlack of personal or professional privacy

Pros

small company

Cons

poor pay, too much work, lousy documentation system

Challenging every day

Medical Services of America is a large company with good benefits. They recently reduced healthcare costs and have been fair about the pandemic. The management structure is supportive but also very busy.

Unorganized and understaffed

Orientation was unorganized. Constant turn down of new admissions, and trouble covering pt visits bc of being short staffed. Love one on one pt care

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Understaffed

Great place to work!!!

I have been with this company many years, and have worked my way up starting in the field. It's like a second family, and offers true support to it's employees. The management team is solid and supportive. It's the only place I have ever worked where you look forward to going to work everyday. They have competitive wages, solid/supportive management teams, great training programs, excellent benefits, and the opportunity for occasional travel with work if you desire. The company truly understands what it means to work together to accomplish a goal. The best decision I ever made was accepting the job with MSA!

Pros

Amazing and supportive team members

Cons

This company is circling the drain.

If you appreciate workplace toxicity and have a knack for reading people's minds, this is the place for you. If you enjoy selling a kidney and haggling wound care supplies from the office manager's icy grip every single time the patients' physician's orders change, look no further. If the type of "office family atmosphere" you desire mirrors something out of a B-rated mafia movie, come work for MSA. It's a complete and total disorganized, chaotic, hysterical mess. Nobody knows what they're doing. The clinical managers last 2-6 months before having emotional meltdowns. A bunch of absentee, misinformed, robotic lunatics run the place. It's a wonder the government hasn't shut them down yet. **YET** And be warned, unless you drink the Kool-Aid and digest their heaping helpings of mediocrity, the managers will bury you alive, lest you open your mouth for the sake of *heaven forbid* the greater good in patient care. Run far and fast away from this organization. OMG. RUN. AWAY. But don't forget to look over your shoulder and check the back seat before you start your car. These people are NUTS.

Pros

Leaving the organization.

Cons

Working for the organization.

Stuck in the old days

Pays well below market rate for office position.. about 15-20% lower Biggest complaints directly related to managers and some tenured staff: --Demeaning communication --Backstabbing and lying with no repercussions --Unwillingness to change and adapt to modern processes A lot of the corporate office staff are nearing retirement after having spent many years with the company. New employees were not treated well or fairly by those in management. Loyalty at the upper level caused distrust at the lower level. Would not recommend to anyone looking to grow or expecting to contribute ideas. Employees were not trusted to be subject matter experts, and there was intense micromanagement by managers who couldn't play by the rules. There was a strong unwillingness to change processes, and the quality of work and employee satisfaction all suffered because of it. The MSA corporate office is best described as: --Stale --Boring --Tired --Lack of innovation --Lack of motivation --Will lie and throw you under the bus quickly to save themselves

Pros

Near an interstate exit so you could easily access the location

Cons

Stuck in old ways, pay was a slap in the face on top of being treated poorly

No Consideration of Employees

All about numbers and the bottom line. This company does not value its employees for what they do well and will punish them for what they are unable to do, regardless of the reason why. The clinical managers are given way too many tasks and expected to keep up with all of it, including making sure that audits are timely, as well as make home visits as needed, all while making sure to still have “family time”. Totally unreasonable. Not worth the stress.

Pros

Coworkers were helpful

Cons

Poor upper management, employees not valued

Moving to improve

A lot of changes happening but the company is striving to be great! Hearing employee feedback, new leadership for employee orientation that is wonderful, and management team that cares as long as you take the time to reach out! With growth and change sometimes comes turnover but they are looking to retain excellent nurses!

Pros

Good leadership, looking to grow, flexible

Cons

Change takes a little time (large company)

We care about our patients!

Medical Services of America is a great place to work. They care about their staff and are respectful of the work/life balance. Patient care is a priority.

Change and Growth

This company is moving forward with great strides and ever changing to meet the current needs of the patients in the home healthcare system and its continuous changing climate through these different times

Pros

Team approach

MSA was a great company to work for but was poorly managed.

I loved the people I worked with, but the agency was very unorganized. There was a constant lack of staffing which resulted in the company losing money. No attempts have been made to hire new employees to alleviate the money that is being lost. Overall, I enjoyed working for the company and gained an extensive amount of knowledge.

Pros

It is rewarding when you get the patient the care they need

Cons

Lack of communication and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

1.4
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
1.5Career Opportunities
1.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight