Medical Services of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2018
This was the absolute worse place I have worked. I was hired in at 13 and never got a raise, did everything from answering phones, to dispatching and ordering, to conducting meetings and training, to ordering equipment and office supplies, to doing payroll and conducting interview and recommendations for new hires.In addition to all of that, I still had the job I was hired to do processing new and existing orders from start to finish, insurance benefit verification and prior authorizations, to contact every single order that came over same day and setup delivery ( or do delivery if the tech was not in that day, even weekend on call) for same day deliveries. They focused on same day deliveries there.
Pros
flexible with drs appts, family issues
Cons
everything else you can think of
A Family Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 1, 2018
For the most part I love working there, there no micro managering. We all went and we knew what to do and did it. I like people that was there, my supervisor was very understanding.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
more pays raises
Productive great workplace
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 27, 2018
Assist patient with bathing, dressing and grooming. Drive to the patients home to assist with care. Support family and friends of patient during this hard time in their lives.
Pros
Free Lunch and great Gas milage
Cons
Not a solid work foundation
Fun Loving
Medical Coder & Billings Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 4, 2018
Met wonderful people
Great Physician
Good Hours
Lunch Break
Caring Environment
Different Type Of Practices
Group Effort
The hardest part of the job to me was sending honest people to collections.
Pros
Pot Lucks
Cons
Changes
changing workplace
Account Executive / Marketer (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYMay 13, 2018
worked hard daily, learned to never think you will always have a job, management direct, good, corporate to secretive and letting you down in a day. Hardest part, getting physicians to complete there work timely. Loved helping people.
Pros
local and helping people
Cons
being closed
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2018
The recruiter was the only one to offer me a job, out of 35 applications. They were aware of my disability. They were kind and considerate. I enjoyed working with the staff and clients. My work load was doable, I was able to make my own schedule. My nursing manager was terrific. He understood my limited abilities and helped me to maintain them. It was a terrific place to work
Pros
self scheduling, great co-workers
Good hours, manageable workload, challenging computer system
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCMarch 28, 2018
MSA is open 8-6 M-F, 8-12 on Saturday and closed on Sunday.
Prescriptions were filled for company employees and mail order
was a major part of our business. QS1 is the computer system
used to process prescriptions.
Boring Switchboard Operator
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day was nothing but answering a 10 line switchboard, transferring calls to correct persons, who never answered, making the call return back to me to get yelled at by the caller, demanding that I find them and get them to pick up their phone, all while having to answer other calls and put them on hold, going back in the order to transfer their calls, I got no breaks like the other departments, only to go to the bathroom, which I had to beg someone every time. The best part of the day was my hour lunch, I always left the office, and 5:00 when I got to leave for the day. I also had to screen visitors, no one ever wanted to see them, I felt like I had to police the place. I was not paid enough for that. NEVER got a raise in 2 1/2 years!!!

Sitting all day, small work area, closed in by glass.
Pros
Going to lunch, leaving for the day
Cons
no breaks, chained to my chair, beg for bathroom breaks
Do not work here
Respiratory Care Practitioner, (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAFebruary 17, 2018
MSA is one of the worst places I have ever been employed. They are deceitful. They are mean. They are cut throat. Dawn benthal is a terrible person.
MSA Billing Center poor management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vansant, VAFebruary 4, 2018
I love the work. I was a medical biller for home health services. enjoyed working with the other workers there. The management is not flexible or compassionate for personal issues. demand to know what you are using your personal time off (pto) for. no time clock but very rigid about being on time to the second. This is MSA billing center at Vansant Va
Pros
good pay for the area plus benefits
Cons
stressful management
Good for short term employment , nepotism is killing the company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 25, 2018
Company on transition from founder to kids which are very inexperienced.Top positions given to relatives an friends regardless of education or experience.
If you are not related to the CEO in any way it is very hard to move up.
Pros
After 5 years about 20 days of vacation time
Cons
Terrible top management, dying company
Great place to work for a short period of time.
Claims Specialist - Medi-Home Infusion (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 10, 2018
MSA is not a place in which a person is looking to make a career. It is a great place to learn and move on to other opportunities. The clients are not the issue as they are wonderful. The leadership leaves much to be desired.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 8, 2018
This was a pretty good job. They brought another girl in that wasn't needed and cut my hours. I found something else in the same field for more money and hours.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
no overtime
I enjoyed the work.
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I had not worked in Home Healthcare prior to this position, I found this type of work a good fit for my skillset. Management was supportive and responsive. The office location was convenient to commute and I enjoyed the team of professionals I worked with day to day.
Pros
Location and benefits.
Cons
Local office closed.
Morale killers
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 19, 2017
Severe lack of training and on-boarding, leaving employees unsure of processes and procedures. Lack of basic effective management practices, lack of effective communication from corporate through to location management, and a lack of resources and tools to complete one's job satisfactorily and confidently. Very low employee morale combined with a corporate culture that eludes to all employees being replaceable. Very high burnout and turnover rate along with very poor employee morale on a daily basis. Not a culture of positive growth, quite the opposite.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
Lack of effective employee management practices
Poor management with a 6 year salary freeze.
Corporate Director Of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCNovember 28, 2017
Was a great place to work until the owners children took over. The company has been on a salary freeze for 6 years. Upper management does not appreciate their employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great company
VP (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 2, 2017
Great company with room for advancement. Fast growing and competitive environment. Good benefits and personal leave time accruals. A great place to start or develop your healthcare career.
Great Place to work
Home Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 9, 2017
MSA is a great company to work for. They treat their employees well and are very accommodating. The management is amazing and extremely supportive. The employees are highly motivated and supportive and take the initative and are self d1riven.
Pros
Contining education
Cons
Large area
Medical Services of America
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 4, 2017
This place of business is a place where the more people you know in upper management, the better. A typical day at work consisted of entering patients' prescriptions into the computer so that patients would receive CPAP supplies.
Clinical Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 3, 2017
MSA is a nice place to work. I left because I was offered a job closer to my home and making more money and better benefits. But this job wasn't bad.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Did not pay enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight