Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Staffing during winter storms didn't help with staffing quotas.
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAMay 15, 2018
It is hard to make staffing quotas. Their numbers were down even before I started and since I was last one in, I would naturally be the first one out.

Staffing the same CNA's LPN's and RN's makes it very difficult. They have high turnover with very little new nursing staff brought in. You can only work the same people for so many hours so that makes it very hard to meet quotas. They did not pull non-productive nursing staff off of their listings to make their available staffing numbers more accurate.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Short on nursing staff and not enough new applicants.
Overall very good company to work for.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 15, 2018
Medical Staffing Network provided me with perdiem work as an Emergency Department Nurse in the Minneapolis metropolitan area. Staffing was excellent to work with and always easily reached by phone.
Enjoyed working at MSN
Allied Healthcare Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2018
At MSN I would typically be on the phone recruiting or working with a variety of Health Care Providers. I would determine their needs and match any candidates that I had in my pool.
Pick up client name
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2018
This was a agency and I would get the client name and address and go to wherever they were in a nursing home, assistance living, or their home and care for that sick or dying person until they passed away. I took total care of they while I was in nursing school
Pros
steady check
Cons
working with families
Very good staff.
MUSC - Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2018
The Charleston, SC location was closed down but MUSC kept my contract going until they had to cut back on money due to financial repression. Great environment and they said if I moved to a location to them, they want me back.
Pros
Best job ever.
Cons
They closed down.
MSN review
Registered Nurse Supervisor / Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
High and low periods in available shifts for RN Supervisors, which made it hard to solely rely on this agency for consistent and steady hours for a full-time position,
flexible work days
Float nurse - Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 6, 2018
Enjoyed flexibility. HArd to fit in with various facilities, different medical documentation systems without feeling like you forgot something. Need more training with systems
Daily reports, traveling city wide and Caring for the patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2018
Daily reports, travel city wide and providing quality health care for patients all city wide. Report to each hospital, nursing home, assisted living facility and residential home to provide the best health need to each patient.
Great place to work!
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2018
Medical Staffing Network was a great company to work for. Since the business has locations all over the U.S. there was always opportunity to advance within or relocate to another city or state.

My Branch Manager was an amazing teacher and ally and was very hands on in the office. I never worked with a manager so engaged and behind her staff.

There were also many opportunities to increase your base pay through a bonus system based on performance and meeting revenue goals.

MSN was fast paced and challenging!
awsome!
Long Term Care Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 30, 2018
Having the opportunity to work for Medical Staffing Network has proven to be very beneficial and rewarding. I have gained an immeasurable amount of experience in all aspects of my nursing career. Also, the staff there are great to work for. I would definitely recommend working for them.
Medical Staffing
Medical Claims Adjuster / Collections (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2018
Frequent communications with Branch and Regional management regarding payment responsibility, disputes, and payment plans. Preparation and sending of account statements.
Liked working there
RN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 15, 2018
Staff in office easy to work with, called you for shift when u were available . Work is almost always available for every shift . Pay and good for work done. Very fast paced not for every one.
Small and quick paced office
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYApril 12, 2018
My work at Medical Staffing Network was limited due to the financial environment at the time. The work was satisfying. I worked with friendly people.
Pros
Good work shedule
Cons
Small office
Pay is good
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDApril 7, 2018
Pay is good but hope that you will find a long assignment or turn over to be permanent if that is what you are looking for. Otherwise staff treated me good.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Temporary Assignment
wonderful caring agency
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 3, 2018
I absolutely love working for MSN. They always do everything possible to ensure I get 40 plus hours a week. The daily pay is great, you get 100 percent of your pay with taxes taken out daily . They do not mind if you get overtime. And the company is a caring company, if you do not like a facility they never are pushy about you taking shifts there. The pay is competitive. I would recommend working for MSN to anyone.
Pros
great pay, 100 percent daily pay with taxes taken out
National Travel Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
Recruiting is always tough, they allow the autonomy to do your own thing but offer hep when you need it. People are friendly and supportive. great team environment.
Family oriented
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2018
You have the ability to meet and talk to so many new people. The teamwork is amazing and co-workers are like extended family. The job is fulfilling, exciting, fast paced and constantly revolving. With this company they constantly are asking for opinions and suggestions, not just to hear them, but to actually apply them. It's great developing relationships with all the staff and clients.
Pros
Upper management is supportive and helpful. Lots of great people who all work together
workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2018
The only constant here is change. If you can't roll with the punches and adapt to new processes, leadership, opportunities or whatever it may be, you might not enjoy the environment here. With that said, these changes teach us to be resilient and adaptable - both invaluable traits to learn in the workplace.
This company temp agency with chance for hire after working required hours
Certifide Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2018
Medical Staffing Network is a company that hires you on a temp basis. The company that MSN sends you to can hire you on permanently if they buy you out or you work the required hours . This agency can get you the hours you want for the most part. The hours you receive there is never guaranteed you are subject to get cancelled if the facility doesn't need you.
Pros
Getting exposed to many job sites
Cons
Maybe get hired or not Maybe work that day or be cancelled
PRN position
RN (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 14, 2018
Sent to different ER's, however had a hard time getting shifts unless I was willing to drive a long distance. Ended up switching to a different agency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.