Medical Staffing Network Employee Reviews

Featured review
Medical Staffing Network selected this as a representative review
Enjoyable place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 19, 2019
From the start recruiters were freindly, honest, easy to communicate with. Pay and benefits are great! Scheduling is wonderful. I couldn't have chosen a better company to work for.
Pros
Cons
No sick time or vacation time
Not very organized
Human Resource Clinical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2019
While working with this company they did not have a ATS so I had to make everything manually. After weeks of setting up recruitment strategies I was able to generate success while working with this organization
Pros
Did not micromanage
Cons
Very little support
Good benefits but little else
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYJuly 18, 2019
Very stressful work environment and poor management. No office leadership. No sense of teamwork among employees in the office. Rudeness and bullying from supervisors in tolerated with little help from corporate management. Just don't do it...
Excellent staffing agency
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 11, 2019
Everyone at MSN has been great to work with, plenty of shifts available, staffers respond to emails and calls quickly, any questions or concerns are always addressed, I highly recommend MSN to any Nurse or CNA looking for work, it’s a great company
Great Office Staff
CNA/CMA (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 4, 2019
I feel like the office staff is always friendly. I think that they do a wonderful job with scheduling and are very polite when trying to get shifts filled. They’re never too pushy and are very understanding when I’m just not available.
Erie is a GREAT office!
RN (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 26, 2019
This is the second time O have worked with Medical Staffing Network. Now as a Substitute School Nurse for Medical Staffing, I FINALLY figured out what I want to do with my career after 20 years! Here I go back to college. Another amazing about the Erie office is, when I am unavailable and blocked...they do not bother me.
Pros
flexibility, new opportunities
Cons
no PTO
Great company to work for. I would work her again.
R. EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 17, 2019
I worked her for 6.5 months. I loved it. I had no issue with the way this company ran. It was as smooth as I could have hoped for. I communicated weekly with the staff there. They hated it when I got a job offer.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Office staff is great to work with.
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2019
Have had difficulty with some of the after hours staffers. The majority of after hour staffing are great to work with. It is easy to work with both the per diem/local contract and the travel recruiters.
They kept me busy at least 15 months
Field LPN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2019
I believe they need some racial sensitivity training in the office instead of ignoring issues they should find a solution to protect their field nurses. I feel a couple of recruiters were great until there was an an issue they refused to address. In the beginning they were great daily pay was great and you could survive off what they pay🙂
Pros
Making your own schedule and daily pay
Cons
Not taking concerns seriously and not advocating for their nurses
local office is a pleasure to work with
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 7, 2019
Since the new CEO has taken over, many new changes to the company has happened. He is encouraging, motivating, and shows he truly cares about the company and wants to do better for the employees as well as the clients we serve.
Love helping people
I work in assistant living facilities (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 5, 2019
Getting residents dressed and ready for the day dressing, toileting, shaving, baths, feeding, and just helping them with everyday tasks, and rehab. Giving then someone to talk to.
Pros
Helping those who need it.
It was a contract position
Account Executive Manger (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2019
I worked my contract assignment threw an agency, the full time employees of the company seemed nervous and unhappy. It was always meetings to discuss the progress you did not make, the ones I sat in on were not positive.
Nice place to work
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA 16509May 30, 2019
Excellent job\work life balance, minimal comp/benefits, ok job advancement, run very well with a decent job culture. the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Pros
choose your days
Cons
minimal comp/benefits
June 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest opinion. We are very happy to hear you've had a good experience with us thus far.

great time
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  toledo ohioMay 29, 2019
Been with the company for many years.
I love my time with them and there are down times with work but overall one of the best places to work along with giving gaining knowledge and wonderful traveling and diverse places locally.
Pros
friendly goal oriented own scheduling
June 3, 2019

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your experience with us. We appreciate your candid review and are happy to hear that you found it rewarding.

great place to work
Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2019
I have gained experience working for this company. it was a pleasure working in this field. I would recommend this company.

I am happy that I got the opportunity to prove myself.
May 30, 2019

We are so happy that you had a great experience. Keep us in mind for your future opportunities, we would love to have you back!

Only positive is they offer daily pay, all the good staff has been long gone.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 21, 2019
Horrible scheduling staff, they will take your hrs and give them to someone, oh and have I mentioned favoritism. If you are on the right side of things, you get hours.
Pros
Daily Pay
Cons
everything
May 30, 2019

We are disappointed to read your review and take all feedback such as yours very seriously. We continually strive to improve our working environment and would like to know if you would be willing to reach out to us to discuss this matter further, confidentially. If so, please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Offers great job oppertunities
RN-TRAVEL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 18, 2019
They offer 24-hour call service and they are friendly. If you want to work they can provide contracts or find places that you can work per diem as well. Enjoy working for MSN.
Pros
no minimum working requirements per month
Cons
no sick or vacation time
One of the better agencies that I have worked for
RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2019
They are very fair on the assignments and the pay. It is first come first serve and set pay per facility for everyone no favoritism. It is easy to see what they have available by just looking at the email they send out I have enjoyed working for them and have'nt had any problems at their facilities. I do wish they would get more RN assignments and sometimes some of their facilities have a lot of cancellations.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Cancellations and limited RN assignments
May 30, 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We strive for positive experiences and encourage feedback so that we can continue to grow to ensure your experiences are meaningful.

Msn
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2019
Great to be able to work when in where you want working per diem makes it hard to receive health benefits, staff is great, when calling to offer shifts, texted or emailing up dates
Pros
Flexiablity
Benefits
Bottom Line is the Shareholders and daily/weekly/monthly revenue
ECO MANAGER (INTERIM) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2019
This company is all about the bottom dollar and how much money the executive management team and shareholders can make and bonus. This is not a pro-active company where they would like to have best processes in place.
Very professional travel company
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 13, 2019
I never had any problems with MSN, and truly enjoyed my assignments with them. I was paid well and always on time. They made travel nursing seamless.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Network. Our community is ready to answer.