Medical Staffing Options Employee Reviews

Great Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2019
I just signed my second travel RN contract at Medical Staffing Options. My recruiter, Rebecca B., has helped me every step of the way. This was my first time working as a travel nurse, naturally I was very nervous and had tons of questions. Rebecca B. had an answer for everything. She is very organized, friendly, and knowledgable when it comes to travel nurse contracts. She is quick to respond via email, text, and phone call. I would recommend this company to anyone interested.
Great if you love (bad) stress
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
Many employees started fearing that any day they came into work could be their last. With the way the market is saturated it was difficult to place nurses if there were job openings for them. The travel nurse openings are more competitive than they lead on when first getting hired. This position has a lot to do with luck of someone picking up the phone, answering an email or text, or continuing to work with you with what contracts the company has available. You also have to rely on the nurses flexibility to travel. If you prefer to do solid efficient work and have the reflect your productivity, then this is not the job for you.
Good money
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH; Ft Pierce, Florida; indianapolisJuly 23, 2018
Good travel company. Good benefits. Treat nurses well. Miss my old recruiter since she was promoted. Available when needed. Able to keep me working most of the time.
Good place for travel nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 12, 2018
Pay is great. There is a wide availability of options to work for. Pay is usually over 40.00 an hour if traveling at least 55 miles to work one way. Contracts are usually 13 weeks and can be extended at times. Health insurance is expensive.
pay
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 25, 2017
Messed up pay a few times which made complicaions for me. Good about approaching hospital about renewing contracts and submitting applications when needed
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
difficult to get someone on the phone
Buyer beware
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2017
Leadership Is absolutely awful and provides you with no guidance whatsoever. They are looking for someone to sit at the phone and dial it 100 times each day so you can make them as much money as possible while making none for yourself. There is absolutely no room for career growth and every employee feels deceived one way or another which makes for a toxic environment. You are thrown to the wolves from day one and recruiters have to fight for a very limited number of leads which in turn makes coworkers your enemies and not your friends. On top of all this, everyone is dispensable and fears for their job on a daily basis. The money is awful and the stress is even worse. Terrible place to work
Cons
Good if you don't plan on staying there long
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 12, 2017
Medical Staffing Option which is now part of the Health Carousel Travel Network looks great on the surface. However, it is very difficult and they only provide health to those that they believe are worthy. The training was minimal and no one was really willing to answer questions. They throw you in the deep end and watch you drown. Unless you are one of the "favorites".
They said it wasn't a call center but that's essentially what it is.
Also, be ready for no one to follow the "rules" it's not an environment that allows anyone to thrive in.
Pros
Cultural and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Change to the commission structure.
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed my daily responsibilities as well as my coworkers during my tenure with Medical Staffing Options. Unfortunately the company was purchased by a larger corporation and the commission structure was subsequently lowered.
great place
Staff Nurse, Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2017
They are very helpful with finding a position. They compensate very well. Your recruiter is always available to talk and they are very personable and helpful
No support
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 24, 2017
This company does not stand behind their nurses. If there is a problem on your contract you just get let go from the hospital, no warning. The recruiter did not try to receive any feedback fro the hospital I was at, but just heard all of a sudden twice that I was let go. No concrete reasons, so they do not back you. Do not work for them
Pros
Cons
no management support
They were great but I'm disappointed
Travel Nurse Cardiac Recovery Suite (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2017
Very friendly very professional very organized. My recruiter was fairly new but he was very helpful and if he didn't don't know the answer to any question I had he promptly found out and got back to me. My overall experience however was pretty negative as the contract I took was cancelled after 3 weeks leaving me disappointed and unemployed. I was not there long enough for benefits but I feel it was a fair plan and the wages were comparable to all other agencies. They don't have another opening available in my area at this time.
Pros
Friendly helpful organized
Big Changes, Little satisfaction
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
Used to be a small, privately owned company with great earning potential, and that close family feel. January 2017 got acquired by large corporation, everything changed. Comp got cut drastically, focused strictly on metrics not performance. Management is comprised of life-long employees, resulting in inexperience when handling or mediating any kinda of change.

Group overall is really young, likes to have fun on the job.

Positions available now are strictly entry-level, requiring 0 years experience and no college degree.

Little to no room for career advancement.

Does not facilitate individuals development beyond general job duties. Minimal training or coaching.

Very misleading to new employees regarding compensation structure.

Complete disregard for job satisfaction.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Compensation, Metrics based, entry-level responsibilities, little to no room for growth/development
wirm hard play hard
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHMarch 2, 2017
Making calls all day every day. Cold calls to recruit nurses to accept contacted travel nursing positionns nationwide.
Nice company to work for.
RN - PRN (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 3, 2016
Hardest part of job was waiting for another contract to be available. Worked in the Emergency room at numerous hospitals during this time. Love being a nurse and enjoyed working every day,
Great company!!
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 21, 2016
I signed my first travel contract with medical staffing options in May of 2016. I'm so glad that I did! This is a great company to work for, I never have any problems staying in contact with my recruiter or anyone else in the company that I need to speak with such as payroll department, educator, ect.. From the beginning of this experience they have been behind me 100%. In my 8 year career of nursing I have never felt more valued as I do working for this company!
Nurse friendly company
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2016
I have been traveling for 10 years with numerous companies. I took an assignment with MSO for the high paying job they offered. I was so impressed, I stayed with them now for the last 3 years exclusively. As travelers, we are all told not to discuss our income with other travelers, but inevitably the conversation happens. I am always pleased to see what I make is more than competitive. My contracts fit my demands well. My benefits are great and very affordable plus I have direct contact with my recruiter 24/7. Not an answering machine, service or an on-call person. I have never regretted my decision to go with them. I got hurt on a job last year and they were behind me 100%.
Pros
Very supportive recruiters and management, Excellent healthcare plan
Cons
low limit on Dental insurance, No accrued vacation time
Great Culture
HEALTHCARE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2016
Company has one of the best cultures I have ever been apart of. Learned many aspects within the recruitment process. Management is extremely helpful and willing to help anyone. Additionally, other staff members will drop their work to help you and fully explain something you may not know.
Medical Staffing Options
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Medical Staffing Options has gone through some change and hasn't always been organized and thorough with insurance requests and paying me properly on time. Otherwise, they have been a good company to work for. The hardest part of my contracted position has been working with psychiatric patients as this has not been an area that I have worked in since nursing school. I can handle the medical/surgical and telemetry aspects of the job, but the psych issues have definitely been a challenge. My coworkers are awesome and we seem to work well together. Finally, my manager at the hospital has been very understanding with the loss of my father and the circumstances prior to his passing.
Good Travel Company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZOctober 9, 2015
Travel company that can always find you an assignment that fits. Great reimbursement for scrubs and certifications. Fair pay on all contracts.
Great support from staff
RN First Assist, RN Scrub, RN Circulator (Current Employee) –  ohioAugust 14, 2015
Best travel company I have traveled with. Lauren is always avail to assist me with any issues I encounter on assignment. The HR dept is very attentive and responsive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Staffing Options. Our community is ready to answer.

Medical Staffing Options Reviews by Location