Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.)
51Below average

Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.) Employee Reviews

United States411 reviews
Good great place needed to get away from desk
My name is matt 2 boys single dad great place to work was just looking for money and something different in life so moved on to bigger and better happily
Poor
the company management has no ethics There is a system in place to not pay their providers The ceo is the daughter of the owner And sets up her own company ride right, to take trips
Pros
Cons
Working there.
Awesome
this company is amazing with everything we are going through they were quick to get their employees working from home and safe. I would recommend to anyone
Mtm
My experience has been very positive. The trainer was absolutely awesome and made me feel right at home. I have been in my role a little over a year and I ress as lily enjoy working here. Call center work is demanding but I knew what I signed up for. I have the ability to grow if I choose to and I am provided great feedback when needed from the leadership team.
Favoritism
Favoritism with new hires. It's all about who you know to get the best jobs. In my new hire class, there were 2 people hired in for management level jobs. They had no special skills. Both had most recently been stay at home Moms. But they knew the people who would be their new boss, proven by visits to the classroom and also seeing them hang out in the break room. Way too obvious. I'm sure there were other long term experienced employees who would have liked getting promoted and were qualified. The trainers were OK but the system was very old, like DOS old. Instead of being windows based, tasks are performed using function keys that you must memorize. Makes the job harder than it should be.
Pros
Possibility to work from home; must provide own equipment and tech support to set up
Cons
Old operating system; favoritism; most new hire schedules have split days off, like Wed and Sun; 3 months on job before you get holiday pay or benefits
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Depending on the office that you're in, it can be a good experience or negative.
Your typical day was setting trips, inspecting providers vehicles, interacting with transportation providers. I learned how to set trips, interact with providers, how to help providers with billing issues, etc. Management started off great and towards the end a lot of upper management that had been with the company for quite some time, began to leave and things started to go south. The culture was rather relaxed in our office. The hardest part of the job was finding transportation for members at the last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting my own schedule for provider visits.
Intense Environment
This job was an over all decent job but you will work for the pay. They require a lot out of their employees and they are not very lenient to you having a life outside of work
Don’t work here.
This company is only about cost savings and don’t think about their employees. Training is awful and they don’t cover everything you need to be successful in your role.
Transportation provider to Lauren’s counties
A full service benefit to the clients we served and the ability to cover a larger segment of people Did a wonderful job with the Georgia reciprocals and the department of human services
Not ok
They hire you and train you for a lot of different states and more systems but no raise. They ask you to work through lunch, who ask people to work through lunch, the calls are really high and on top of that they offer LCV when the calls or high.
No training
No training. They have no standard operating procedures. They are punitive company. Punishment is how they operate. It’s always a hassle to take off for medical appointments. You’re never complemented on your work all you hear is what’s wrong.I am actively seeking other work and will leave as soon as I can.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Health insurance is terrible. Very stressful Nice managers
Awful just awful!
If you are prepared to take non stop calls while others sit and talk and do nothing. Especially if you’re trained for Wisconsin Med.
Managers do nothing to help and seem not to really answer any questions you have.

You’ll work your backside off so others can just walk around and chat.
Pros
Pay is not bad.
Cons
Everything else...trust
Overall experience
Working with MTM was a outstanding experience, I love my job and felt like I had a great sense of purpose. I'm hoping that I'm able to get back on with the company now learning that there is another MTM in the state I've moved to!
Stressfull
It's customer service in line with working at the cable company.
Need to explain to the supervisor why you had to use the bathroom.

Customers extremely rude.

Management shows favoritism.
Worst job ever
This was the worst job I ever had, do not waste your time. Training is weak and there is no pay raises ever. Employees are rude and the customers are too.
decent working environment
decent working environment
learned a lot about the business of it

wear and tear non reimburse

Management made the job more stressful and harder than needed
Don't make the mistake I did, Worst mistake ever.
Interview process is very fast, and will usually hire on the spot. Training was about 2 weeks, after that additional 2 weeks of nesting. You will be answering about 60-70+ calls per day with ~5 seconds after call work, calls will be consistent with very little/no down time. Although I was there for only 6 weeks the management is very poor, I didn't even know the name of my supervisor, or had a 1on1. Workplace culture is very laid back. The most difficult part of this job is that the training was very poor. After our first week 2 people dropped, and after the following week 2 more. After nesting there was literally no support, there is a helpline(ORC) but will scold you and literally give you the incorrect information, I don't mind if they accidentally give mistake mostly because they are work at home locations who have to learn multiple contracts for each state, and it's okay to make mistakes, but they are beyond rude. One thing I also noticed is Customer Service is really not preached for this job for other employee's or talking to our members.

The Money is pretty good but the benefits aren't special and quite expensive. The job itself is very easy, members on Wisconsin Medicaid will call to setup trips and you are responsible for setting these appointments up and dispatch transportation. Sometimes there's multiple trips, sometimes it's reoccurring, sometimes you have to call companies to see if they can take a trip(Felt like I learned more about the job calling these companies, than what training told us about)

Another thing I found odd was they supplied nothing at
 - more...
MTM is a nice place to work
MTM is a nice place to work. It does have its ups and downs. The only thing is they don’t have paid vacation nor do they give you a raise. The people who just get hired get paid the same as the ones that’s been there for years.
Management don't care and only act like they care about us when the people from corporate come to visit. Working at MTM makes me feel like I have low self-esteem with nothing to look forward to in life.
Run.
They will convince you they are a great company, until you start taking calls and realize that dialysis patients are being hospitalized because dispatch couldn't find them a vendor. You may think you can contact dispatch and check the status, you can't. They have no phone number to reach them and you can't even email them. Pay is decent if you don't mind never receiving a raise. Members scream at you, co-workers bully you and supervisors disregard you. This is in a work from home position, not even a call center. The supervisors are horrible, they do not respond to emails and if they do, they ignore your issue. It's impossible to get help from anyone. ORC will never take your calls when people ask to speak to supervisors. It's ridiculous. You may think this is a great company at first but within 6 months, you'll learn you were wrong. I am currently seeking other employment. I can't stay here much longer. They don't care about their employees and they don't care about their sick, elderly and disabled members.

To top it off, shortly after I started, a Manager resigned and sent out a company wide email stating how horrible the company was. Literally, a month after I started. I thought he may just be disgruntled, he wasn't. This place is awful.
I wish I could be able to given them a -*. Worst company ever.
Terrible company. Managers are the worst. They’re not inclusive. They’re not professional and they have not idea about what they doing or what needs to be do
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.). Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.7
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight