Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.) Pay & Benefits reviews

Last resort job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 11, 2019
The job itself is very stressful, and instead of being rewarded, we are treated as a disposable resource - split shifts, no set schedule - we've gotta call in every night for the next day's start time, hideous 'meetings" once a month to tell us all the things we're doing wrong. No raises, vastly underpaid compared to other bus companies. Hostile, petty management that treats you like a criminal with constant threats of being fired, demeaning managers. Continually monitored by cameras. Inadequate insurance plans that don't cover much.
Ehhh
Short Notice Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2019
Worked at MTM for a very long time and long story short, it’s a dead end job. I’ll only recommend if you need money to pay bills for the time being but this is not a career based job. Even some upper management looked for other places of employment so that should tell you something. Of course like any other call center, there’s mess and favoritism, but if you just need something quick to pay bills? Go ahead. If you dream of a career with high pay? This ain’t it chief.
Pros
Getting off of work
Cons
No room to move up or get a raise
Team Lead/Corporate Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2019
Medical Transportation Management (MTM) was a steady paced place of employment. As a training, I enjoyed teaching the requirements of the positions and constant updates.
Pros
The Location was near my home
Cons
N/a
Fast paced with something new every day
Medical Driver (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 16, 2019
A typical day of work includes getting my schedule the night before. Learned to be flexible and adapt to the sudden changes. Management is nice. The hardest part is trying to do all the runs assigned at the exact same time on opposite sides of the city. The part I enjoyed the most was my daily dialysis patients. Getting to talk to them. Another thing I enjoy is driving all over the place.
Pros
Provided car and gas card, getting to travel
Cons
No raises, no benefits, last minute changes
Not the best but not the worst either
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAMarch 26, 2019
Pay and benefits were great. Training is for a month and you are paid for that as well. Most people are decent even if a few managers aren't. Stressful job and some days, calls were back to back for the full 8 hours. Weekends were the only time it wasn't fast-paced. Overall good experience, but you do have to deal with a lot of hateful people on a daily basis which can be draining.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Frequent Breaks, Paid Training
Cons
Stressful, Rude Customers, Some Incompetent Supervisors
Call center
Medical transportation specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2019
Call center non stop back to back calls. Environment can be fun at times. Management is great, advancement is an option. There will be down time sometimes
Pros
Management, Benefits
Cons
Call center, Angry patients and terrible ride providers
March 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at MTM!

Fast pace. High stress environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 13, 2019
Not a good place to work. I wouldn't recommend it. Low pay, management plays favorites, and horrible morale. Constant yelling by supervisor to get on phones even if you are doing all you can ad fast as you can. None of the things in their blanket job description as benefits even happen in the Eugene Oregon call center. No health mart. No gym discount. They say they are a smoke free campus, but supervisors and others are always right out front smoking on work property. They say they are a scent free work place, yet supervisors and a manager bath in perfume.
Pros
Monday thur Friday
Cons
Bad benefits, pay and bad management
March 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we take your concerns seriously. So that we can address this, please email us at talent@mtm-inc.net.

No coordination
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 25, 2019
These people are unorganized. After a few days of training i got terminated for arriving a few mins late due to traffic and i tried to explain myself on why but they did not care eventhought there were other people in the training that arrived much later than me but yet they unfairly terminated me only. In my opinion they lost a great worker ! and thats why they are in the mess they are inn and may even loose their RI contract if they dont get it together.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Horrible management, no consideration or compensation towards employees
Excellent company to work for
CSR (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, VAFebruary 12, 2019
I have been with MTM for 5 years this month. I started working in the Pulaski office, then transitioned to work from home when the opportunity became available. I love working from home. There are fewer distractions and you can create your own work environment. I don't have to travel to work and do not have to worry about weather and road conditions. You have plenty of support and assistance when the need arises.
Pros
Work from home opportunity, good pay and benfiets
February 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here at MTM!

bad place in all the ways
prefer no tell (Former Employee) –  prefer no tellFebruary 7, 2019
This company was great to work back 4 years ago but now is the worst, Managers have favorites employees which are the only ones promoted, too many errors by CCR's, supervisors just don’t care, it is frustrating to see how many errors they do and nobody do anything to have the company better, company took off bonus, treat employees as less important, company doesn’t care about employees, they set mandatory overtime almost everyday without ask if employees have kids to take care or other job and if the employee doesn’t work overtime they get pointed, if you get sick you get pointed (they have points system) that is not fair. If you are looking for another job this company doesn’t give references so basically they will not give references to the new company that is trying to hire you (this is unfair) so don’t waste your time adding this company as reference when you apply for a new job. If you have a good income this company tells you that you will not be raised next year.
February 11, 2019

Compensation is very low comparable to others in the industry
Supervisor, Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Responsibilities excessive
Highly inexperienced management
Compensation below industry standard
Extremely insufficient communication from management
An obvious example of caste system
Pros
Concerned about regular employee engagement
Cons
Top management primary concern was the net
February 11, 2019

Best job I had until a year ago
CCR (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 1, 2019
Been with MTM 5 years. It is sad watching the company I love going down like this. We are losing contracts, hold times are atrocious. Reveal is never going to work. It’s just getting worse. Too many people are missing their appointments and it can take over 15 min to set a trip on the system if it doesn’t work. Which is most of the time. And some trips are just disappearing for some reason. You email for help it is ignored. You call and hold for help for 10 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile you have a very upset member on hold. Understandably so.

We also have a new team in Virginia to help with the more difficult trips. The escalations team. I know many on the team work hard. But the way they were chosen was unfair. Instead of opening it up to everyone, they just chose their friends basically. The popular kids. But others on the new team will just walk around and have private conversations. The company plays favorites. It’s worse than ever. They are losing good employees. And I know several other good employees looking for other jobs.

On the plus side, the benefits are great. Insurance, 401k, several days paid time off. The best attendance policy of any job I’ve worked. I do miss the bonuses.
Benefits
Cons
Playing favorites, no chance for advancing
February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear you felt this way but we appreciate you sharing your experience and we take your concerns seriously. At MTM we hold internal development and employee training in high regard. We care very deeply for our employees and we are dedicated to always providing a rewarding work environment. If you have any other feedback, please email us at talent@mtm-inc.net.

i would not recommend
Contact Center Escalation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 28, 2019
mtm has no wiggle room they do not value their own employees no matter how long you have been with the company no matter how hard you have worked for the company they are very unorganized they take on new plans without having everything situated first they promise to get there members to and from doctors appointments but over 11000 member cancel there ride every month because they no longer trust mtm to provide the ride they are looking for. They set their employees up for failure they do not have good training qualities they half train a employees and make them take calls for plans that the employee does not have proper training for resulting in the members getting their rides set incorrectly or not at all I would never recommend anyone else to work for this company half of their plans are being shut down or taken away because of how unorganized they are
Pros
other employees are awesome
Cons
benefits not affordable
January 30, 2019

Not a bad place to work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2019
Medical Transportation Management was a decent place to work. The issues I had are that the company is small so the compensation wasn't enough for what I needed.
They surely pick favorites no matter how great you are at your job.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2019
This is a great place for helping those in need. The training is top notch and the instructors are great. Once you hit the floor keep your head down and do not offer your opinion. Ive seen girls get fired just for standing up for what is right. There are some crooks in there. But there are also some great people who love their job.
Pros
Paid time off, great pay, fixed hours, great benefits
Cons
Gossip, favorites, highschool atmosphere
January 21, 2019

Phenomenal company 4 years ago
Provider Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 13, 2018
MTM was the best job I had for the first 4yrs. Great culture, fantastic diversity and you felt invested as an employee. The last year the company culture and objectives totally changed and it has been horrible and it shows since they are losing contracts left and right. I don't know how they can keep this "Money first/everything else second" business model and it's sad that corporate doesn't listen to employees anymore.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
terrible culture and the upper in management you are, the worst it will be.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at talent@mtm-inc.net.

High turn over
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MONovember 1, 2018
Pay isn't great. Starting pay when I worked there was $11/hr. Job advancement is unlikely unless you know someone within the company. Job can be stressful at times. Members are very rude most of the time and management is not great either.
Pros
Health insurance and other benefits
Cons
Low pay, management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 31, 2018
Great company to work for. Great co-workers. Enjoy going to work everyday. Benefits are expensive. Overall I recommend the organization to others. People in the organization care about the work they do.
November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoy working at MTM!

Great company with fantastic benefits
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2018
MTM is a great place to work! They offer flexible schedules, work-from-home positions, a casual work environment, the ability to advance quickly and a supportive leadership team. They offer great benefits and are competitive with their compensation.
October 25, 2018

Great Company with Great Values
Training (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 23, 2018
I have been with MTM going on 7 years and have held various positions. The company has great values that are promoted and upheld by the employees. Work can be stressful at times with the amount of quick growth but management works hard to provide a good work-life balance. Benefits are great and the company is like a family.
Pros
Benefits, work-life balance, family atmosphere
October 26, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medical Transportation Management (MTM, Inc.). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight