Medical University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Rewarding and motivsting
Research Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2018
The Medical University of South Carolina offers an incredible and diverse range of positions for everyone. With highly motivated and top tier research and medical staff, you will be exceptionally pleased!
Pros
Great bennefits
Cons
High Turnover
ups and downs
Lead EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. Doctors need to be spoon fed, management will seek employees opinions. Company loves having meetings that aren't always needed.
Pros
promotions, support, job security
Cons
parking, cafeteria
Top heavy organization
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2018
MUSC Health is structuring itself too heavy at the top and not replacing employees who can do the actual work. This structure cannot be sustained for a long time and will eventually fall back into a different structure.
unfair wages
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2018
not equal pay based on experience, seniority and education, no advancement, poor management skills at times, unsafe working environments, no teamwork at times
Changing like all of medicine
Helper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 2, 2018
some change good, some change bad. Unfortunately there is more of the latter these days at MUSC, as in almost all medicine. there may be lip service to "putting the patient first," but in practice, MUSC 's changes and new policies seem to have been designed with only the bottom line in mind.
Very disillusioned by this academic institution
Senior Director of Patient Accounting Services (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 26, 2018
Very disillusioned by this academic institution Management had difficulty driving quality patient care due to the many hidden agendas. I believe that a stronger team would have yielded much better results.
Benefits
Cons
Could not drive quality due to too many hidden agendas.
Education
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 20, 2018
I have learned a whole lot from this place my skills and my education has been excellent. I really appreciate what I have learned from working at hospital.
Pros
No, free lunch
Cons
Yes we do get breaks
Update
Other administrative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 18, 2018
Ask about PTO Policy and ESL policy in advance as it needs to be revised. MUHA brings you Employee Perks & Discounts. MUSC offer the full suite of insurance benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, life and long term care. Additionally, they administer seven different retirement plans
Pros
Employee Perks & Discounts
Cons
PTO Policy
Awesome Employer
Iahcsmm Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 16, 2018
I love Medical University of South Carolina. Great employer, Great benefits, We take pride in health care. One of my best employers yet. I definitely recommend this company.
Pros
Employees and Patients are appreciated
Cons
No cos
Amazing
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 12, 2018
I Love being a part of this great team. Never loved doing what I do as I have here. My team members are some of the best in their field, and their is tons of opportunity to get specialized training paid by the hospital. They truly want their employees to grow with the organization.
Depends on department
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 9, 2018
Low advancement rate, lots of favoritism, unfair hiring practices in some cases. Pay is less than what you would make in the traditional work force. Benefits are okay,
Highly demanding and unorganized
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 5, 2018
This company treats their employees as if they are machines and could careless if they stay or leave. They treat everyone as if they are replaceable and have the attitude as "we can replace you with someone else.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
always watch your back
Bullying doesn't stop in highschool
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 4, 2018
There were some amazing nurses, techs, and doctors I worked with but the unit manager showed favoritism and let certain staff assign unfair assignments. Staff members would talk about each other and disrespect others with no consequences. I love medical surgical nursing but it is hard to do your job when your manager engages in the gossip and bullying of certain staff members. The turn over was so high I was senior staff and charge nurse after only being there a year. I saw a lot of excellent nurses leave related to the same uncultured behaviors.
Pros
It was a teaching hospital and I learned so much.
Cons
The manager was unprofessional and allowed certain staff to intimidate and disrespect other staff.
Job
Environmental Services/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 2, 2018
Medical
Dental
Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Commuter Benefits
Wellness Program
Employee Assistance Program
Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Discount Marketplace
401(k)
And other voluntary benefits
Took a job with Molina
Project Assistant, Integrated Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 30, 2018
Took a new job with Molina Healthcare following this position. The manager I had was not an actual employee but rather a contracted employee. That created some problems for the office.
Rn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 25, 2018
I feel like the culture is made up of the good ole boy system. You cannot move up unless you know someone. You would always here people say in order to get a raise or move up you have to leave and return years later. This is very disheartening for people who have dedicated their lives to higher education and here someone was advanced due to who they knew and not what they achieved. Again, the good ole boy system. If you have the knowledge, skills, drive and mostly education you should be rewarded.
Great Workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers. I think the department is understaffed and needs more employees to keep up with the fast-paced needs of the hospital.
A great place to work
Travelling Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Transfusion MedicineMay 20, 2018
Managements are making effort to improve workplace culture and making sure there are sufficient staffs for the workload. Every minutes at work is busy yet fulfilling. Coworkers are enjoyable.
Collaborative environment to produce quality research
Program Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 10, 2018
The only downside to MUSC is the parking situation. However, the environment is very inclusive and collaborative. There is a commitment to process improvement and quality of research and treatment. My favorite part of my job is being able to help patients who may have no other treatment options for their disease. The hardest part of the job is juggling the workload, but with good time management skills it is manageable.
Cons
parking
Managment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2018
Managment in the ambulatory side of MUSC is very dissorganized. They hire individuals who do not know what they are doing or how to full run a clinic.