MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Easy going
Letter Writer (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 14, 2018
The managers and coworkers there were very friendly and helpful. This position is no longer needed as the company now uses email and computer generated mailings to send out letters and change patient files. So if I could recommend this position I would.
Pros
Slow paced, relaxing
Cons
A bit secluded at times
More stressful than college
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 29, 2018
I didn't feel valued as an employee if I didn't make enough money in sales during a given week. Focus is mainly on numbers instead of interaction and accommodation with and to patients. The hours a long (10 hour days), if you have a social life, you can kiss it goodbye. You almost never get out on time, and you have to arrive early to set everything up for the day. The diets work, I can attest to that, but the company is just a bit too pushy when it comes to buying the products. Culture in the clinics just is not a positive one.
Pros
Seeing patients succeed
Cons
Everything else
Poor business model, poor pay
Clinic Manager - Former (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 15, 2017
First, their diet plans were put together by a former employee who gathered info off the internet. Secondly, they designed it so that people would gain there weight back and need to do the program again. They have supplements which are a part of the program, but are expensive and are separate from the cost of the program. They advertise a price, but don't want to actually sign people at that price and then want you to sell them more weeks, etc. And they don't allow clinic managers to drive business to their own clinics at the same time holding them responsible for low traffic ( patients coming through the door), etc. One clinic can't do something that the other clinics are doing. Corporate doesn't seem to understand that each clinic has different demographics, so one size doesn't fit all. And instead of providing real new leads, they focus on each employee making 25 calls a day to former patients, some of whom are on a DNC list. I actually called the same people every week. If after three years they haven't returned the call or come back in, then they probably won't.
Pros
Great coworkers and patients
Cons
pay, management, business model
Great Place
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MINovember 3, 2017
Good place to work fun and friendly. Many positive things to say great team work and management. Company has many incentives to keep staff motivated. Offers benefits as well.
Love working with the patients
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 29, 2017
enjoyed working with patients helping them with their journey on losing weight and so much more.seeing them build confidence in themselves and making them smile and feel better made my day.
ok place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 5, 2017
I do not like giving reviews
long hours and people not nice just out to get commissions
selling vit"s amd food to people
took peoples blood, set up diet plans and sold them food and nuetrients
Great Work Atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WISeptember 13, 2016
I am very blessed to work with the co-workers that I do. They are very friendly, fun and funny. I am excited to see our patients come in and achieve their weight loss goals. It is a very exciting job!
Pros
Great team
Cons
not 40 hours
A Very Rewarding Career
Clinic Sales Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 6, 2016
I have worked for Medical Weight Loss Cinic from 2009-2013, and I have just returned recently this year. The support you receive from the management and staff is over and above any "job" I have ever had. We educate and motivate others to help them to change their lifestyle. Our patients lose weight as a result! Medical Weight Loss Clinic is a very honest and ethical Michigan Corporate Company. I have been a Cinic Manager and have worked as a Medical Assistant. The company does give opportunity for advancement and the compensation is fair. Working for MWLC has given me the chance to help others and earn a living doing something I love!
Pros
Paid Vacations and Sick Days, Good Compensation, Bonus Opportunity, Relaxed and fun atmosphere, Advancement Opportunities, Helping Others, Great Training, Family Owned Michigan Company.
Cons
This isn't a 9-5 mon-fri office gig. It's a little more, and so worth being open a little longer. There are not many cons.
Good environment, disappointing pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 31, 2016
I loved my team, and my patients. The program is good (if followed), and I loved helping others achieve their weight loss goals. The pay and expensive yet mediocre benefits are not.
Pros
Great culture, Patients, Helping Others
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Pushy sales
Productive enviroment where you can gain other skills
Medical Staff (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 15, 2015
Busy place to work with supportive co-workers and managers. It's a place that can help people change their lives and gain support where they feel they can't anywhere else.
Pros
Easy-going co-workers
Cons
Weight Management Counselor/Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for MWLC. I learned a lot about nutrition and dieting. They give you extensive training to help you do well.
Pros
free samples
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMarch 12, 2015
Patients are friendly and has great staff and management. Pay is good and the hours flexible. There is nothing I do not enjoy about this job.
???
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 12, 2015
The Owner is very rude to her employees. She wants to hover over everything not allowing her MAs to do their job. she speaks down to them like they are children.
customer satisfaction
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 29, 2014
daily I work with people who are ready to change their life and some who just like to visit.
I have learned that everyone works at different levels/pace.
Management team are hard workers.
Co-workers are sometimes not reliable when needed the most.
The hardest part of the job is telling patients day in and day out that they are not meeting the needs of the program or not trying in so many words. and I feel that I am not trained to be a psychiatrist I am only a medical assistant.
Most enjoyable is to see a happy patient.
Pros
environment
Cons
wage
A typical day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed the patients' as well as my co-workers.

Hardest part of the job is when a patient didn't lose weight and they would blame you.

Best part of the job is when one of our Supervisors came.
Pros
Long lunches, discount on programs or products.
Cons
No Insurance.
Very Hands on
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 4, 2014
Learned a lot of different medical techniques and got to utilize my knowledge.
A fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 26, 2013
I really enjoyed myself at this particular job. I enjoyed learning new and exciting things. My coworkers were fun to work with. I meant many people and became friends with some.There was nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part was being able to help young and old to lose weight....
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Healthcare
Enjoyable, life changing, supportive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 18, 2013
Making a difference in hundreds of peoples lives daily. Employees change often.
Pros
Competitiv salary
Upbeat and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MichiganDecember 13, 2012
Perform bloodwork and EKG's thru the morning, individual counciling with patients about their diet program and sell them nutritional products needed for their plans. It was a place with music and laughter, very upbeat. I didn't find anything too hard to do and found all aspects of the job enjoyable.
Pros
can make unlimited cash
Cons
The Love for my patients!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 26, 2012
I absolutely love my patients and helping them achieve their weight loss goals. I have learned to solve most patients problems as well as new patients consultations. The management and co-workers could use a professionalism adjustment in the workplace. The hardest part of my job is the hours without the pay and benefits.
Pros
helping patients achieve their weight loss goals
Cons
working for commission, long hours and no benefits.