Medicalodges Employee Reviews

Loving community to work in
Housekeeping Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 27, 2019
I enjoyed my job. I had a routine and I didn't have any troubles. I enjoyed talking to the elder's and made sure they wasn't alone. I loved that I worked alone.
Pros
Worked on your own
Structured
Certified Nurses Aid (Former Employee) –  Girard, KSFebruary 11, 2019
Working at medicolodges was a great first CNA experience. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Also really flexible and understanding with your school schedule if you work and go to school.
Enjoyable and easy going place to work
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSFebruary 1, 2019
Making sure the residents are happy and enjoy the food. Ive learned how to be more personable and to have more patience while working with others. Also learned how to work as a better team member with the crew.
Great Place to work
Field Operations Buisness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSNovember 28, 2018
Great Place to work!! Very Supportive , always supported, educated for job. Always attentive to family needs and always willing to help when needed. Best managers ever
I enjoyed it but was stressed due to low staffing
CNA/ CMA (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSNovember 24, 2018
I was a CNA when I first started working at medical lodge and was finishing my CMA class. I changed from CNA to CMA and was supposed to be only CMA. We had several call ins all the time so I was having to try and accomplish both sometimes at the same time. I had a whole building to do which consist of 4 hallways of residents to pass medicine to and make sure they get their meds on time. It was stressful but I enjoyed my coworkers and boss.
a way to advance your skills
reporting changes to medical or nursing staff (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSNovember 7, 2018
a typical work day would consist of clocking in and going to your right floor, then take care of the residents for 8 hours then clock out and do it over again. Besides that you learn how to work as a team with the other co works. you can learn a lot about the residents and where they came from and their background, like what they use to do etc. unfortunately they do pay as much as some nursing home facilities do but it is a good place to advance your skills!
Pros
team work
Cons
30 minutes lunch breaks
Not a fun place to work.
Dietary Aide/Cook/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSOctober 29, 2018
Long hours no breaks sometimes no lunches. I worked in the kitchen. Favortism. Manager was pathetic. Management sucks. People are out for themselves.And the administrator now will not allow any past employees to come back into the building to visit any of the residents. The place sucks except for the residents.
Pros
The residents
Too Many Chiefs
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frontenac, KSOctober 29, 2018
I really hate to be negative in general, as there are a lot of employees past and present that do a stand-up job taking care of the residents and their coworkers on a daily basis. Before I had to leave the company, there was a lot of turnover among management along with a lot of overlapping positions that could make things very difficult at best.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Turnover in Management
Typical Care facility
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSSeptember 25, 2018
Nothing above or below average from any other care facility. Schedule changes are commonplace with not much employee consideration. Like I said its a normal nursing home same as all the others.
Poor work environment
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Dickinson County, KSSeptember 24, 2018
Other staff members are rude and like to do things their own way. Residents are often mistreated. The position is easy to learn, but can be stressful. You must be good with time management and be quick on your feet.
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Oxford, KSSeptember 5, 2018
Typical day at work.
Management is alright.
Hardest part of the job is getting attached to a resident.
Short staffed.
Stressful.
Pay isn’t the best.
Pros
Manager is awesome.
Cons
Short staffed
Fun wprking enverment lots of events around the year
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJuly 9, 2018
The few years i was there it was great but sometimes its short staffed and makes it a bit harder to things done but on bad days the whole building came togeather to help out its a great work environment
Cons
Pay is lower then most nurseing homes around it
Prn hrs are hard to find
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eudora, KSJuly 5, 2018
They’re so well staffed hat prn hours are hard to find in this facility.
Coworkers communicate well with each other and information is passed on through each shift
Pros
12 hr. Shifts
Cons
Communication is well
Meh
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJune 30, 2018
It wasn't the worst place I've worked. It's been a long time. I rember a lot of relational aggression.
Lots if apathy & mediocrity. Staff resistant to learning better ways because that's how they've always done it
Fun and carrying place to work and live.
Dietary Supervisor and cook (Current Employee) –  Independce kansasJune 21, 2018
I have worked for Grandvillas of Medicalodges for five years and have loved the experience. And the great folks that work there are wonderful
It is a very good company to work for. They care for there staff .we are a family
Pros
Free lunches good pay great people
Great place to work at
Dish Aid (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 9, 2018
I worked for almost two years it's a great workplace. It is quick paced and does keep you busy. The pay is good and the hours are good. The residents are lovely, and your coworkers are go-getters.
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
None that I can think of
Nice place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSMay 28, 2018
You will love the staffs and patients good environment. Everyone got alone and everyone willing to help. Great place to work. Employees welcome you and patients
Pros
Good benifet
Cons
It’s a good foot in the door
Certified nurses aide (Former Employee) –  Holton, KSMay 10, 2018
Too much of a work load for one person, management was always around but due to the lack of motivation in the work place it was hard to implement many things
Pros
Got your foot in the door as far as CNA experience
Cons
Heavy workload, not enough pay, motivation non existing
Stressful, intense environment
Charge Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Douglass, KSMay 4, 2018
Management was poor, with horrible attidues and unfair consequences for misbehavior. The rules changed to apply differently to each person, and consistency did not exist.
A very productive workplace, always put residents first.
Student nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMay 2, 2018
I loved that the management team was so helpful! A day at work didn't even seem like work, truly days well spent getting to know my patients! The most enjoyable part was interacting with the residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medicalodges. Our community is ready to answer.