Medicine Shoppe Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent work environment, just no room for growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MO 64089August 7, 2018
Was paid minimum wage for being a pharmacy tech for almost 2 years. However there are new owners and have heard it’s gotten better. Was told I was going to get a raise and never received it. Then was fired for a no call no show when I had someone covering my shift and apparently they never showed up. Just very unprofessional.
Leadership issues
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Owners really do not oversee employees, lots of gossip about customers and other employees, very little time off. It's not very fast paced, rather boring at times.
Pros
Wholesale club membership, insurance, Ira
Cons
6 day work week
Bad management / slow work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 31, 2018
The management was not a nice man. He took a lot of his stress out in his technicians and fellow Pharmacists. The pharmacy was not very busy so I spent a lot of time dusting shelves that I just dusted the day before. All of the girls there were scared of the Manager so they would throw you under the bus in a heart beat if it meant them not getting yelled out.
Pros
The manager wasn’t there on Friday’s, Christmas bonus, free food on birthdays, the hours
Cons
Management, slow pharmacy, walking around on “egg shells” all day
Thankful for the opportunity to work here.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, ILJuly 30, 2018
The Medicine Shoppe was my first real job, and I'm so thankful it was! I learned so incredibly much by working here, not just about the pharmacy itself, but also about how to truly care about the customer. I've keep a lot of these lessons close to my heart!
Small business
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  McFarland, WIJuly 23, 2018
Small business, four employees, so no advancement. It was a 9-5 job, and every other Saturday and closed on Sundays and holidays. So you had the same schedule each week. Customers were very nice.
Ok
Pharmacy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
I learned a lot while working here. It was a genuinely great place to intern. Decent pay, good time off and great hours. Overall I was happy to work here.
Medicine Shoppe
Cashier/Technician (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work at the Medicine Shoppe was helping customers, working the cashier, answering phones, and being productive. It was good management and I got to learn how to multitask.
Pros
Full time
Productive workplace
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 8, 2018
A typical day at work was typically laid back, but at the same time felt very productive. I learned that the customer is truly always right. I enjoyed the people I worked with more than anything.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Not very flexible
filling rx's
Registered Pharmacy Tech/Co. owner (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLJune 6, 2018
Doing the job as a pharmacy tech requires you to be able to multi task on a daily basis. It can make you feel wonderful when a patient is grateful for all you do for them. You have to be able to change mode quickly.
Pros
very flex time for students
Cons
not enoght hrs for more than pt
nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 5, 2018
nice place to work, i mistakenly left to pursue more money at hershey med center but that was an error in judgement. nice co workers, no personal drama, just care for the patient
fine place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KSMay 29, 2018
Very nice people working in the store, very easily adjusted to working environment, somewhat flexible hours, unfortunately there's little to none advancement in the store.
coordinator
General Accounting Coordinator -Claims (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2018
Originally hired to assist with creating database to improve existing computer system. Expanded position to include research and resolution of Durable Medical Equipment & Pharmacy claims, claims with Medicare, and secondary Medicaid policies. Managed reports for unapplied cash and monthly deposits.
Amazing
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAMay 25, 2018
I love everything about working at The Medicine Shoppe. It is a very relaxed and non-stressful environment, the people are really fun to work with, and it is a great part-time job.
Closed door pharmacy. busy environment. result focused
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 20, 2018
Relaying client information to the pack med machine through QS1 and Prime care system to produce pre-packs and cycle fill lists. Sequencing MARS and bags for accuracy. Basic maintenance on Parata robotic machine.
Pros
Family vibe, friendly co-workers, fast pace, never bored.
Cons
pay is low.
It was a gorgeous store to work at beautiful surroundings very nice customers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 10, 2018
The store is no longer open when it was open it was located in the bottom floor of a medical building it was an excellent setup we could treat the doctors as well as their personnel along with customers and patients coming and going from their visits each day was very sad when they had to close the doors just not enough business
good place to work at
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Georgia ave, Silva Spring, MDMay 9, 2018
The medicine shoppe on Georgia Avenue is a good place to work at if you want to learn, but the benefit are not good. The management is very good and the workflow is one of the best.
Pros
Discount on any product for employees
Cons
No good benefits
great worker
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bayou Vista, LAMay 6, 2018
I'm a wonderful worker. I started at the medicine in 2007 as a cashier and within 2 years I became a pharmacy tech. Within another year I was the head pharmacy tech. Basically Im driven to be a strong, dependabler, hard worker.
Not the job for me
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2018
I did not like my job with the medicine shoppe. They had poor management and leadership skills. The South Side site is not very organized. No room for advancement.
Decent place to work
General Associate (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHApril 22, 2018
Spent time to clean various hospital equipment that was rented out to various people for various amounts of time. Went on deliveries to deliver this said equipment around the area.
Like working there except some hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, Pa.April 21, 2018
Overall good place to work except for the pay. I enjoy driving and going to the very varied places to deliver, I also enjoy doing reports end of month reporting, spreadsheets as well with my job, I feel a sense of purpose when I complete the many tasks asked of me, I do not need benefits, basically, a pay increase is the main factor I would be taking another job, for what I do, in my opinion, I go far and above what is asked of me, but also leaves me questioning will I ever get a pay increase. Currently, no incentive. Vey frustrating.
Pros
Like driving
Cons
Pay, not very good