Medicine Shoppe Employee Reviews

Productive, Business oriented and respectable environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 17, 2018
Busy but fun environment. Every job has paperwork that needs to be scanned, properly documented and filed but with teamwork, every task was able to get done in a timely manner.
Team environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Croix, VIDecember 6, 2018
The culture of the Medicine Shoppe is to promote teamwork and compatibility. They sucessfully navigate the pharmaceutical industry by incorporating every aspect of the team, from cashier to pharmacist and everyone in between. Everyone is treated respectfully and it is more of a family than it is a job.
Pros
Staff, Team, working hours
Cons
pay v cost of living
Pharmacist Assistant/sales support
Pharmacists Assistant / Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHNovember 29, 2018
Pharmacists Assistant / Sales Support
Compounded medications under pharmacist supervision. Directed all marketing, sales, and growth projects.
Administrative Assistant: Insurance and Medicare.
Managed daily operations of medical facility.
Excellent Franchise for pharmacists
Pharmacy Manager, Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDNovember 16, 2018
It was the best opportunity of my life to own this franchise of Medicine Shoppe, we opened from the ground up and built a very successful business specializing in DME along with filling RXS
They were very flexible with employees and their family obligations.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 4, 2018
Working for the Medicine Shoppe was a good experience for me. They were always willing to work with employees schedules as time allowed. They also offered me opportunity to learn new skills, such as, mastectomy fitter and diabetic shoe fitter.
Pros
flexibility, good hours
Cons
short breaks, no health care benefits offered
Interen
Financial Analyst - Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2018
was a great place for an intern they provide lots of opportunity to be exposed to numerous activities in the business from financial to contact negotiations
Could be Worse..
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2018
The pay isn't bad and most of the people are great. It can just get a little overwhelming and disorganized at times. I wouldn't NOT suggest it to a friend, but it wouldn't be my first suggestion either.
Pros
Great coworkers, Friendly management
Cons
Benefits are pretty bad
Loved the environment
Pharmacy Technician/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, ALOctober 13, 2018
Enjoyable work family
Owners were very flexible
Caring of employers
Patients well taken care of
Meet needs of everyone
Friendships were made
Lifetime bonds made
Fun work place
Certified pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 11, 2018
Great company fun work place customer service excellent family oriented you'll learn everything about pharmacy here. Great work environment the teaching is exceptionally
Pros
Everything's great
Cons
No cons
Good pharmacy whom truly care about their customers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BLADENBORO, NCSeptember 19, 2018
The owner's will do anything (reasonable) to help their dedicated customers to obtain their medications, even during inclement weather!! They are awesome!!!!
Pros
Family-like working environment
Benefits
I wish I lived closer!
CPhT/TelePharmacy CPhT (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, VTSeptember 19, 2018
Typical retail pharmacy, but much more laid back than a big corporate chain. The workforce at this location is full of phenomenal personalities that really try to work together as a team. I truly wish I lived closer to Barre, but driving for nearly 3 hours a day on top of a 10 hour shift proved to be too much time away from my family. Couldn't possibly say nicer things about the pharmacists, top notch people!
Na
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 11, 2018
They are a close group of employees. The owners are great people and try to help you with things even in your personal life. They taught me a lot when I worked for them
fun place to work. Knew most patients by name
CphT (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 29, 2018
answer phone calls, fill and refill medications, insure that Narc log matched the actual medication count - if not, troubleshoot, place medication order.
I learned much about medication
The management was fun to work with
The hardest part of the job was covering the lunch breaks
The best part was helping people
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No benefits
My job at Medicine Shoppe was challenging and rewarding.
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 28, 2018
The typical day was the following: all medication from nursing home were filled and blister packed.The medicine had to be done in a timely manner so they could be delivered before lunch. During this time customers came in and we would fill their prescriptions as well. The work culture was high performing.The hardest part of the job was having patient accounts. Trying to get customers to pay was the least enjoyable part of my job.The most enjoyable part was filling long term care prescriptions and the hours were perfect ie:allowing time off for the family in the evenings.
Pros
The pros were the Autonomy.I enjoyed the long term care facet of pharmacy.
Cons
The cons about this job was the accounts receivable and trying to collect on past due accounts.
friendly work environment
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 28, 2018
It's a very nice place to work. Staff is knowledgable and friendly, and willing to assist the pharmacist in any way possible to ensure patient needs are met.
Better now owners wife out of tge the office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OH 45601August 27, 2018
Great if you never want to exceed ten bucks an hour in rural Southern ohio, ten is a common and considered fair compensatory wage for the region.
Fast paced, always busy, great for those who thrive tgere
nice work hours, get to know the customers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
Enjoyed the small home town environment. Learned a new computer program. How to package compounded medication for shipping. Was only there for 90 day or close to, was let go very unexpectedly, was but into a very bad hard ship.
I enjoyed the time I worked there, and learned new skills.
Had a very devoted customers, very friendly.
my over all review was a great place to work, wish I was given the opportunity to work they longer, was enjoying what I was doing, and learning new skills.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
not given enough training, on a new computer system
Decent work environment, just no room for growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MO 64089August 7, 2018
Was paid minimum wage for being a pharmacy tech for almost 2 years. However there are new owners and have heard it’s gotten better. Was told I was going to get a raise and never received it. Then was fired for a no call no show when I had someone covering my shift and apparently they never showed up. Just very unprofessional.
Leadership issues
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Owners really do not oversee employees, lots of gossip about customers and other employees, very little time off. It's not very fast paced, rather boring at times.
Pros
Wholesale club membership, insurance, Ira
Cons
6 day work week
Bad management / slow work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 31, 2018
The management was not a nice man. He took a lot of his stress out in his technicians and fellow Pharmacists. The pharmacy was not very busy so I spent a lot of time dusting shelves that I just dusted the day before. All of the girls there were scared of the Manager so they would throw you under the bus in a heart beat if it meant them not getting yelled out.
Pros
The manager wasn’t there on Friday’s, Christmas bonus, free food on birthdays, the hours
Cons
Management, slow pharmacy, walking around on “egg shells” all day