Medicine Shoppe Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Certified pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 11, 2018
Great company fun work place customer service excellent family oriented you'll learn everything about pharmacy here. Great work environment the teaching is exceptionally
Pros
Everything's great
Cons
No cons
Good pharmacy whom truly care about their customers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BLADENBORO, NCSeptember 19, 2018
The owner's will do anything (reasonable) to help their dedicated customers to obtain their medications, even during inclement weather!! They are awesome!!!!
Pros
Family-like working environment
Benefits
I wish I lived closer!
CPhT/TelePharmacy CPhT (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, VTSeptember 19, 2018
Typical retail pharmacy, but much more laid back than a big corporate chain. The workforce at this location is full of phenomenal personalities that really try to work together as a team. I truly wish I lived closer to Barre, but driving for nearly 3 hours a day on top of a 10 hour shift proved to be too much time away from my family. Couldn't possibly say nicer things about the pharmacists, top notch people!
Na
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 11, 2018
They are a close group of employees. The owners are great people and try to help you with things even in your personal life. They taught me a lot when I worked for them
fun place to work. Knew most patients by name
CphT (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 29, 2018
answer phone calls, fill and refill medications, insure that Narc log matched the actual medication count - if not, troubleshoot, place medication order.
I learned much about medication
The management was fun to work with
The hardest part of the job was covering the lunch breaks
The best part was helping people
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No benefits
My job at Medicine Shoppe was challenging and rewarding.
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 28, 2018
The typical day was the following: all medication from nursing home were filled and blister packed.The medicine had to be done in a timely manner so they could be delivered before lunch. During this time customers came in and we would fill their prescriptions as well. The work culture was high performing.The hardest part of the job was having patient accounts. Trying to get customers to pay was the least enjoyable part of my job.The most enjoyable part was filling long term care prescriptions and the hours were perfect ie:allowing time off for the family in the evenings.
Pros
The pros were the Autonomy.I enjoyed the long term care facet of pharmacy.
Cons
The cons about this job was the accounts receivable and trying to collect on past due accounts.
friendly work environment
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 28, 2018
It's a very nice place to work. Staff is knowledgable and friendly, and willing to assist the pharmacist in any way possible to ensure patient needs are met.
Better now owners wife out of tge the office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OH 45601August 27, 2018
Great if you never want to exceed ten bucks an hour in rural Southern ohio, ten is a common and considered fair compensatory wage for the region.
Fast paced, always busy, great for those who thrive tgere
nice work hours, get to know the customers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
Enjoyed the small home town environment. Learned a new computer program. How to package compounded medication for shipping. Was only there for 90 day or close to, was let go very unexpectedly, was but into a very bad hard ship.
I enjoyed the time I worked there, and learned new skills.
Had a very devoted customers, very friendly.
my over all review was a great place to work, wish I was given the opportunity to work they longer, was enjoying what I was doing, and learning new skills.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
not given enough training, on a new computer system
Decent work environment, just no room for growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MO 64089August 7, 2018
Was paid minimum wage for being a pharmacy tech for almost 2 years. However there are new owners and have heard it’s gotten better. Was told I was going to get a raise and never received it. Then was fired for a no call no show when I had someone covering my shift and apparently they never showed up. Just very unprofessional.
Leadership issues
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Owners really do not oversee employees, lots of gossip about customers and other employees, very little time off. It's not very fast paced, rather boring at times.
Pros
Wholesale club membership, insurance, Ira
Cons
6 day work week
Bad management / slow work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 31, 2018
The management was not a nice man. He took a lot of his stress out in his technicians and fellow Pharmacists. The pharmacy was not very busy so I spent a lot of time dusting shelves that I just dusted the day before. All of the girls there were scared of the Manager so they would throw you under the bus in a heart beat if it meant them not getting yelled out.
Pros
The manager wasn’t there on Friday’s, Christmas bonus, free food on birthdays, the hours
Cons
Management, slow pharmacy, walking around on “egg shells” all day
Thankful for the opportunity to work here.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, ILJuly 30, 2018
The Medicine Shoppe was my first real job, and I'm so thankful it was! I learned so incredibly much by working here, not just about the pharmacy itself, but also about how to truly care about the customer. I've keep a lot of these lessons close to my heart!
Small business
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  McFarland, WIJuly 23, 2018
Small business, four employees, so no advancement. It was a 9-5 job, and every other Saturday and closed on Sundays and holidays. So you had the same schedule each week. Customers were very nice.
Ok
Pharmacy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
I learned a lot while working here. It was a genuinely great place to intern. Decent pay, good time off and great hours. Overall I was happy to work here.
Medicine Shoppe
Cashier/Technician (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work at the Medicine Shoppe was helping customers, working the cashier, answering phones, and being productive. It was good management and I got to learn how to multitask.
Pros
Full time
Productive workplace
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 8, 2018
A typical day at work was typically laid back, but at the same time felt very productive. I learned that the customer is truly always right. I enjoyed the people I worked with more than anything.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Not very flexible
filling rx's
Registered Pharmacy Tech/Co. owner (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLJune 6, 2018
Doing the job as a pharmacy tech requires you to be able to multi task on a daily basis. It can make you feel wonderful when a patient is grateful for all you do for them. You have to be able to change mode quickly.
Pros
very flex time for students
Cons
not enoght hrs for more than pt
nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 5, 2018
nice place to work, i mistakenly left to pursue more money at hershey med center but that was an error in judgement. nice co workers, no personal drama, just care for the patient
fine place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KSMay 29, 2018
Very nice people working in the store, very easily adjusted to working environment, somewhat flexible hours, unfortunately there's little to none advancement in the store.