Medieval Times Employee Reviews in Buena Park, CA

Pass
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 12, 2019
This place isn't a career unless you're focused on upper-management and administration. It's a great first job or place to earn acting experience for those looking to break into the biz.
Good to make cash and leave
FOOD SERVER (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 4, 2018
Lack of leadership, favoritism, non professional work place. Some mangers are great but the head GM is not. Many illegal practices there as far as employment work breaks and working conditions.
Pros
Quick cash easy shifts.
Cons
No benefits, management
Great Place to go lousy place to work
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 11, 2018
At first it was great place to work for but they punished the good manager and replaced them for cheaper unknowledgeable manager. The Schedule was never given on time and often full of mistakes. Supplies where always low or out of stock and there was no support from management in the bar.
Pros
discount
Cons
Managment
Photographer/ Photo Seller
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work was getting into a uniform they gave us, going in and having a group meeting before we started to go to our positions and then we would greet guests, take their pictures, and then later on during the show, we show them the pictures that are available for them to purchase and if they had any photo packages that included photos, we would hand those out as well. What I learned from working there is becoming a team leader, being responsible for your own actions, and being on top of everything you do. The management was okay at first but then, they would start favoriting certain people so different treatment was given. The hardest part of the job was selling a big amount of photos in one run and dealing with a certain amount of money. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the certain people that I would work with.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Reasonable Hours
Cons
Short Shifts
Hostile and Unprofessional
Decline to State (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 24, 2018
I would not advise working for this company. It is a very hostile work environment. The turn over is high because of this, which is why they are always hiring. There is little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
unique
Cons
Hostile Work Environment and very little opportunity for advancement.
Great for outgoing people.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 2, 2017
Enjoyed working there very much. Very family oriented environment. The excitement of working with a live show was overall a great experience. Now I see why people have stayed there for so long.
Fun place to work
Cash Control/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 25, 2017
Medieval Times is a great first job and or second job if you need extra income, it provides a great scheduling and long time friendships, you can really build up your skills working there.
Pros
always a fun time going to work even if the shift was a long
Cons
no room for position advancement
They are falling fast.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 6, 2017
Management here was horrible, the General manager chooses favorites and screws over th employees who are most interested in growth. People who do not care about their job and show no effort slide by unpunished.
Pros
Tickets twice a year
Cons
Horrible Management
Tights galore
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAAugust 2, 2017
Place is great for a first job, always fun and interactive crowd. Management lies to employees and will deny any injury claim if it happens. Job is great but of course management just knows how to ruin everything.
Pros
Discount tickets
Cons
Illegal breaks, horrible bosses, coporate abuses horses and employees.
Love this place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CA 90620July 11, 2017
I loved working here, i gained so many relationships and life long friends. Very laid back and pretty much able to pick your own schedule as a food server.
Pros
Free Food and Tickets during birthday
Cons
Get called off often in winter
Manager doesn't know how to manage.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 20, 2017
The manager loved to play favourites, and it was very unfair to those who weren't favourited. Although the work hours were steady, the manager couldn't even make the schedule correctly.
Great for part time
Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 11, 2017
I liked working here, but don't expect to climb any ladders fast or earn a lot of money. The serving is the easiest way to make good money but a lot of management decisions are questionable and the job can get repetitive.
Pros
Fairly flexible work schedule, mainly work in the evenings
Cons
The company doesn't really care about you
A fun and exciting place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 11, 2017
Typical day would be making rounds for safety and repairs and assign to staff, do management duties includes but not limited to planning, budgeting, purchasing etc.
This is a place of entertainment, there was no easiest or hardest part of the job, it's neutral.
Fun
Lighting technician (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CANovember 17, 2016
Good show and fun team to work with. I have been working with the company for over 10 years. Typical day at work is to set up for the evening and matinee shows.
Great job, great co-workers, great supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CADecember 9, 2015
It was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Management and my co-workers were like a family. The job was great and there was no hard part.
Pros
They worked around our schedule, potlucks and free tickets
Cons
Working holidays
My overall experience working at Medieval Times
Customer Service Oder entry (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 26, 2015
Being able to assist guests with any inquires that would make their visit memorable and couldn't wait until they were able to return again. Our management team was very support always to us always thinking of ways to bring up morale, by doing this it brought my co-workers closer and always learning from each other
Great Co-workers, Great atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 30, 2015
Working at Medieval Times was a great experience. I loved being around people all day. I consider my self a people person. I enjoyed being in character.
Pros
two 10 minute breaks, awesome staff.
Cons
Favoritism.
Fun place to work, but rarely get weekends off.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 9, 2015
Overall easy job. Work schedule consisted of:

Verifying and Checking-in guest reservations, resolving issues that may arise with a reservation, addressing commonly asked or specific questions guest may have, operated ticketing system that processed guest reservations, which included: verifying or creating guest reservations, processed cash or credit card transactions. Dealing with price reductions through various outside vendors or promotional codes, ticket upgrading and the addition of miscellaneous items. Processed return tickets and refunds. Auditing all departmental cash registers at day end. Cast member duties involved entertaining, engaging and interacting with customers.
Pros
Get to work with many people and fun environment
Cons
Rarely get weekends off and miss family events
Awesome Job
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CADecember 8, 2014
Normally we would make sure that our work place up to code. When the customers come in we assist them in finding the proper gift to take home. During the show we would sell items that would enhance the show. Then we would come back, get our work areas in order and be ready to sell again once the show was over.
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Medieval Times was a fun work environment. Customer service was the focus and taught me a lot of skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight