Medieval Times Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Fun environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2018
The job is fun but the pay needs to be more competitive. They do not offer annual raises. Good benefits, you get to work in a castle. They need to restructure the sales and marketing team with new titles and expectations.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Not enough pay
0-60 at anytime.
Receiving Clerk/Gift Shop Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2018
There is no typical day. Some days I receive many shipments, some days I don't at all. On days I receive many shipments, I have to be on my toes and make sure everything is put away correctly and efficiently. On days there's not any deliveries, I have to keep myself busy in case managers see me looking for something to do. I've learned that there's always something to do in maintaining the everyday functions of a castle as well as anything else to better help us keep up those functions. That's the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Communicative
Cons
Lack of growth
fun creative place
Picture taker and Cashier Duties (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75201May 11, 2018
My typical work day consisted of me taking photos of the guest and selling it to them. While working at this company I've learned how to work under pressure. My manager was a great person she was always very understanding when you needed something. If you like the idea of jousting and horses then you would love this place. The hardest part well their was never a hard part it was always a fun time when I worked there definitely when dressing up the guest for their pictures.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Place to be a part of while working towards education.
Waitress- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2018
A typical day meant being physically and mentally ready for hundreds of guests and satisfied their needs while enjoying a new experience.
During my time, I learned to work efficiently with my co-workers and with many departments due to the magnitude of our events in a fast environment. Meeting the physical demands as a server was in fact the most challenging aspect of this job yet it was fascinating to be part of such a magical place. The most satisfying aspect was to meet people from all walks of life and how visiting Medieval Times was just a dream and to be part of that dream was just marvelous.
Pros
Comp Tickets, Outstanding Christmas Party, Family Environment, Great General Manager
Cons
Physical Demands, Weekends
excellent
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Was such a fun job had great staff members and amazing mangers. It was a routine type of job working week and weekends. Enjoyed taking photos of families and students.
Fun workplace, horrible compensation
Cash Control Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2017
You get to meet all types of people, including celebrities. Coworkers are amazing. The hours are crazy, good-bye weekends, holidays, social life and mental state! No appraisal for your hard-work or dedication. You get taken advantage of, management will run you down to the ground.
Pros
If you love the medieval era, you're in the right place!
Cons
Say god-bye to everything you love!
Very heavy work
Gift shop cashier Katia Davila (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75227November 4, 2017
Clock in, change into our costumes, stand behind the counter before the show started. Walk into the arena and sale our merchandise during the show. stand behind the counter after the show. stock everything we sold. Carrying big heavy boxes was the hardest thing about the job. The best thing about the job were the discounts and the employees.
My team made this enjoyable
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2017
This was years ago, so I hope things have changed. I didn't like the uniform. I don't believe all the people, especially the working class, wore tights. That was very uncomfortable and made it harder to really focus on the job having to adjust your clothes a lot. They weren't really accepting of your ideas to help your team. As far as my team in photography, we were really close to each other, and worked really well each other. Within our department we didn't have many problems. We helped each other out, especially with families who were difficult to work with and through a collective effort we could help change the atmosphere for them and uplift their attitude for the show. The hardest part of the job at that time were adjusting to changes, only because so many would happen within one week. I really enjoyed interacting with all the guest and speaking with them and of course my team in the photo department.
Cons
Tights for a uniform, Constant changes
Productice learning experiance
Assistant Horse Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work and train with horses and you get paid pretty well if u put yourself in the right place and show you drive and passion for horses. But overall great place to work
Pros
Benefits. Good people. Alot of experiance gained over a short time
Cons
Different hours. Work every holiday
fun workspace
trumpeter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2016
they are very laid back. the management is amazing. co-workers are nice. there is no hard part. and the whole job is enjoyable. its is really a great place to work.
Pros
free meals on triples
Cons
no breaks for trumpeter
Rewarding Work Environment
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2016
While at Medieval Times, I worked as a server and occasionally a trainer for fellow servers. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the guests, the company itself, and my coworkers. It really felt like one big happy family and the positive experiences leave me with a lifetime of memories.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Seasonal Parties, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Slow Seasons, Server Pay
Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
This is a fantastic opportunity for younger folks to enjoy a fun and exciting job in the restaurant and bar and entertainment industry. Only work a few hours per day and earn tips along with hourly.
Pros
Friendy Work Environment
great company
Head Squire- High (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
if you put in the work they will reward you. everyone starts at the bottom. now that being said it is hard work. stacking and sorting and un-stacking and sorting and delivering and sorting.
Productive and fun workplace with costumes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
A day at work was fun and always surprising.
I learned how to sell and print tickets and other merchandise.
My co-workers were fun and energetic.
The hardest part was trying to carry all of the tills from some of the registers.
The part I most enjoyed was helping other department when they needed the help
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if you love to entertain and have fun!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 2, 2014
Working at Medieval Times was by far my best work experience. Management is awesome, and the people who work there just love to have fun while providing guests with a unique experience that will never be forgotten. I was a bartender in Dallas, and I typically worked 5 days a week. During the week, normally there was only one show a night, so I worked from about 2 or 3 until 9:30 or 10. Weekends were kind of hectic because there were either 2 or 3 shows a night, so I worked from 10:30-10:30 or 11. They were incredibly long days, but with the fun atmosphere and the fast-paced work, it didn't drag on. My compensation was 5 dollars an hour plus tips, and people typically tip very well. The hardest part of the job was keeping in character and having a good attitude for the entire shift. My favorite part of the job was the work environment. My managers were incredible people who genuinely enjoyed their jobs, and made sure that everyone was being treated fairly by other co-workers as well as guests. I highly recommend working at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. You will make amazing friends, unforgettable memories, and great connections for the future.
Pros
great management, fun environment, excellent staff, staff benefits for after a certain employment time
Cons
short breaks, some long days, some staff disagreeable
Could've been better
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
My work day was fairly simple, put away and stock inventory, set-up individual wells and wait for customers to come flooding in. I learned that I could work in a fast paced environment and pretty much sell anything I got my hands on by the words I used. The management was a great team that worked well to ensure we had many opportunities to make tips. My co-workers were very hard workers and team players; we also split tips. The hardest part of my job was leaving, I truly enjoyed my time here and wished that I hadn't lost this job. The thing I enjoyed most was the different people I worked with, it was truly like one big family.
Pros
Teamwork, Great show, Comradery, Spirit of expression, and the Customers
Cons
Not a very good wage for the work
Excellent experience and growth opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2012
- Typical day included reviewing marketing strategies, reviewing sales reports, budgets, meeting with department managers, overseeing show operations.
- 15 + years. Learned every aspect of the operation. F/B, operations, S/M, HR, AP, IT, etc.
- Great team of managers. 13 separate depts., 125+ team members
- Hardest - terminations
- Most rewarding - watching young team members develop and grow within the organization. And beating the budget of course!
Pros
fun, exciting atmosphere to work in
Cons
can't think of any
A fantasy enviroment with a twist worthy of reality television
Knight (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2012
Walk in, suit up, be a knight of the realm! At this place I learned to ride a horse, joust on it and sword fight. Not to mention being forged into the best shape of my life. The most enjoyable part is knowing you just upgraded your childhood sandbox to the level of: Epic. And under that colorful exterior is the cold slap of corrupt corporate management. Co-workers were usually bitter and intermingling and gossiped alot. The worst days were many, where you were told by co-workers you were worthless and by management you were replaceable. And then you got that one great day where a little kid tells you that you just made is day, and that's what it's all about!
Pros
decent benefits, being awesome, learned amazing skills.
Cons
terrible management with no set schedule
Was a very enjoyable environment to work while I was there.
Head Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2012
I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the guests were great, on the whole, in a service related industry. I would love to go back and work with them again in the future.
Pros
had the opportunity to play a character, though not on show staff.
Cons
fluctuating numbers of guests per show.