Medieval Times Employee Reviews in Myrtle Beach, SC

Terrible management. Terrible culture. Very unprofessional.
Actor/ stuntman (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 3, 2018
Management employs humiliation, belittlement, and abuse as a means of keeping everyone in line. If you work here, and you are either sick, injured, or just stretched way too thin(it is a very very physically demanding job. And they will push you passed your limit.) You will be ridiculed and embarrassed intentionally in front of your coworkers.

They do offer training to advance to become a knight. However, you will have to practically beg to be trained every single day. They will drag their feet on training for a minimum of 8 months and tell you it's taking so long because you just "don't want it enough." (it's their favorite mantra) take the initiative too much and you will be disciplined for simply doing what you've been told. It is for this reason that most knights in training wind up leaving before their training is complete. Those who stick with it and see it through to the very end, are made to believe that their knighthood with medieval times is all they will ever be good at. This ensures they are afraid to leave. The training is more of a mean-spirited initiation, but the ridicule is not temporary. Guys of 8-9 years experience as a knight face it every day. The guys that truly love their job as a knight, truly believe the fantasy. They don't have the perspective that they are actors. They behave and talk as if they are actually knights in armor fighting for a country.

Politely giving two weeks notice will result in two weeks of hour cuts and even more ridicule + no rehire status.

So! Long story short, are you looking for a job with minimal pay, manipulative
  more... and spiteful, management? Are you prepared to give it your all for a bare minimum of a year to be promoted and be treated as if you "just don't want it enough"? You found it! Welcome to Medieval Times! Enjoy the tournament!  less
Pros
Tell someone you ride horses for a living and they will be briefly interested in hearing more.
Cons
Pay management culture job security safety etc
Typical Day
Gift Shop Lead (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 22, 2018
A typical summer day is very fun theatrical and fast paced. Everything goes by a schedule! You wear a costume and stay in character for the guest! Throughout the day you sell products that's offered in the giftshop!
Pros
Summer you get alot of hours
Cons
Winter is very slow you may need a part-time job on the side
fun
schedule is wack
move around a l.ot
Good summer job
Food server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 27, 2018
Worked there for 5 years, and it was a good job. in the summer I walked in right off the beach, they had my uniform ready, I would work for 7 hours, and walk out with 150 cash. Very seasonal though.
Most Fun Job I've Had!
Photographer, Coach, Tech, and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 5, 2018
As an actress, I simply loved coming into work and putting on a costume. I love the time period, the knights and the cast, immersing guests into a fantastic time forgotten. Job advancement is possible, as I was able to become a Photo Tech and Coach in just a year. However, the slow season is killer - a second job is a MUST after September.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal
I love this company
Customer Service, Sales, and Deposit Control (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 12, 2017
I learned a lot about the program used for us to sell tickets, directing and helping guests, counting money, and doing paperwork. Management is great, and everyone is very friendly. There isn't really anything that is hard about the job. I love every aspect of the job especially those who are excited about the show.
Cons
Slow during the winter.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoy working here, the hours get slow during the off season but other than that I enjoy working here thoroughly. The environment is fun to be in, everyone I work with is very nice including all managers and all other staff.
Keep the Site managers word.
Assistant Cash Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 29, 2017
Work was fun! Co-workers were fun. If you made the effort, you could become friendly with just about everyone that worked on the premises. The hardest part of the job was having to walk among the patrons to sell them props.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
When Randy nullified Paco's word that I could have Christmas off.
fun place to work
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 24, 2017
Go in a set up the bar. Get with the kitchen manager to give him a head count for the show. Make and serve drinks. Balancing cash drawers. Cashing out and settling CC batches.
Pros
fun place to work with awesome people
Cons
bad money in the off season
I loved working there.
Kitchen Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 1, 2017
Medieval times is a great place to be and work. The employees there are wonderful to work with. I really loved that job. And would go back to visit..
Pros
Food is wonderful . And the entertainment is out of this world.
Fun & Excellent pay. Sinking ship with a lapse in ethics
Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 7, 2016
This is the perfect job for a college student or those trying to rack in some extra money. Otherwise, you're better off avoiding this place.
ups and downs
Assistant Horse Trainer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 30, 2016
I worked there for 11 years - it sucks you in and doesn't let go, no matter how hard it gets. It's very hard work for not a lot of money unless you become a knight, and you don't earn that overnight. There is a pretty high turn over rate, but if you can stick it out for a few years you seem to stay for a long time. I loved and cared for those horses like they were my own.
Enjoyable work experience
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 17, 2016
Helped meet the day's daily sales goals and accomplish the task management had for us. Helping customers to the best of my ability with what they needed.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Short shifts, seasonal job
Fun and neat place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 26, 2016
At this job you are able to work with awesome individuals and management while making good tips as a server! I have learned how to work well with other people who are different than me. Everyone is very willing to help each other out and if you need help your coworkers will be there for you. The hardest part of the job is you have to be able to life heavy item (80 lbs) at the most.
Pros
good work environment, awesome management, seasonal
Cons
heavy lifing
Very fast pace and great people and management.
SERVER, MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 24, 2015
Great job to have especially as a college student. The hours are great usually from 4pm-9pm. You then have the rest of the night to do whatever you please.
friendly and fun very good for family with kids
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 5, 2014
assisting customers with service getting them whatever they need.
Alright employment to assist in money needed for school.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 2, 2013
The management is very bad at always micromanaging other departments.
Pros
It's a fantastically fun job when management doesn't ruin it.
Cons
No benefits, not able to progress in company.