Medieval Times Employee Reviews for Bartender

Great Place to go lousy place to work
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 11, 2018
At first it was great place to work for but they punished the good manager and replaced them for cheaper unknowledgeable manager. The Schedule was never given on time and often full of mistakes. Supplies where always low or out of stock and there was no support from management in the bar.
Pros
discount
Cons
Managment
Interesting, Fun, Different place to work
Marketing/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Medieval Times is unlike any other job I have ever done. It is in the Entertainment industry, while also appealing to sales, food services, etc industries. It is a fun, interesting place to work that has it's slow seasons and it's break neck pace seasons.
Pros
Fun environment, Different, Entertainment
Cons
Pay
Fun Job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 4, 2017
Most Enjoyable job you will every have minus the work!
• Delivered extraordinary customer service in an intense, fast paced environment
• Efficiently managed cash/credit payment transactions and balance transaction receipts with a zero transaction error ratio
• Achieved performance goals for increased sales and to help diminish costs
Fun place to work
Cash Control/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 25, 2017
Medieval Times is a great first job and or second job if you need extra income, it provides a great scheduling and long time friendships, you can really build up your skills working there.
Pros
always a fun time going to work even if the shift was a long
Cons
no room for position advancement
Great atmosphere, fun times.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I learned a lot about high-volume bar tending from working at Medieval times, as well as meeting lifelong friends. The food was amazing, as well. Would highly recommend.
Working here is like working with family.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Medieval Times was one of my favorite jobs, not many people get to say theirt job was in a castle. (Even if I were just a wench) It is hectic, very fast pace but doesn't take long until you learn the ropes. I learned so much in this job, time management, mixology, inventory, catering to guest, maintaining a fast delivery yet keeping a great relationship with guests, and so many more benefiting skills I was able to pick up.

The management is fun and effective, they made work worthwhile, we were able to constantly excel in out goals while having fun. Our management made sure to reward us when we were doing a great job, and motivated us to do better always. We had goals that were placed to keep our success rates high. Working hard is a piece of cake when the culture where you work is enjoyable. In Medieval Times, there was no such thing as getting left behind. The castle sells out constantly on the weekends and for that we needed full staffs, that meant occasionally sharing cash registers with fellow employees. It was never difficult because we were taught teamwork.
Pros
Free Lunch, Costumes, Good Money
Cons
Short Breaks, Soreness
Productive, Great Atmosphere,
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2016
Great Company!!!! really an amazing workplace environment. management.. Learned a lot as my first bartending job i started as a regular peer moved my way up in less than three years. to upper management.
Great Enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 21, 2016
Working at medieval times has been a great experience. It has its bad days but that is any job. I love it but it is time for me to move on.
Pros
3 or 6 hour shifts but still good pay.
Cons
As a bartender the tips weren't that great in cash.
Great place to work if you love to entertain and have fun!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 2, 2014
Working at Medieval Times was by far my best work experience. Management is awesome, and the people who work there just love to have fun while providing guests with a unique experience that will never be forgotten. I was a bartender in Dallas, and I typically worked 5 days a week. During the week, normally there was only one show a night, so I worked from about 2 or 3 until 9:30 or 10. Weekends were kind of hectic because there were either 2 or 3 shows a night, so I worked from 10:30-10:30 or 11. They were incredibly long days, but with the fun atmosphere and the fast-paced work, it didn't drag on. My compensation was 5 dollars an hour plus tips, and people typically tip very well. The hardest part of the job was keeping in character and having a good attitude for the entire shift. My favorite part of the job was the work environment. My managers were incredible people who genuinely enjoyed their jobs, and made sure that everyone was being treated fairly by other co-workers as well as guests. I highly recommend working at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. You will make amazing friends, unforgettable memories, and great connections for the future.
Pros
great management, fun environment, excellent staff, staff benefits for after a certain employment time
Cons
short breaks, some long days, some staff disagreeable
Could've been better
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
My work day was fairly simple, put away and stock inventory, set-up individual wells and wait for customers to come flooding in. I learned that I could work in a fast paced environment and pretty much sell anything I got my hands on by the words I used. The management was a great team that worked well to ensure we had many opportunities to make tips. My co-workers were very hard workers and team players; we also split tips. The hardest part of my job was leaving, I truly enjoyed my time here and wished that I hadn't lost this job. The thing I enjoyed most was the different people I worked with, it was truly like one big family.
Pros
Teamwork, Great show, Comradery, Spirit of expression, and the Customers
Cons
Not a very good wage for the work
Fun, Exciting, and Entertaining
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 20, 2012
Shows during the weekend, fun and great co-workers. Hardest part is having six people bartend then cocktail for over 1,000 people. Costumes are interesting and the atmosphere is full of guests' excitement and awe.
Pros
gaining bar experience
Cons
salary relies on tips, guests numbers vary widely, stressful