Medieval Times Employee Reviews for Photographer

Medieval Times is a fun place to work, but not for long.
Photographer and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 8, 2018
Medieval Times is a kids dream come true. You see it when your'e young and instantly you say, I want to work THERE when I grow up. But once you are there, the magic quickly washes away as you see how business practices work in the Castle. Also, due to young hires in some departments, be prepared for a lot of high school-esque drama.
Photographer/ Photo Seller
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work was getting into a uniform they gave us, going in and having a group meeting before we started to go to our positions and then we would greet guests, take their pictures, and then later on during the show, we show them the pictures that are available for them to purchase and if they had any photo packages that included photos, we would hand those out as well. What I learned from working there is becoming a team leader, being responsible for your own actions, and being on top of everything you do. The management was okay at first but then, they would start favoriting certain people so different treatment was given. The hardest part of the job was selling a big amount of photos in one run and dealing with a certain amount of money. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the certain people that I would work with.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Reasonable Hours
Cons
Short Shifts
excellent
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Was such a fun job had great staff members and amazing mangers. It was a routine type of job working week and weekends. Enjoyed taking photos of families and students.
Most Fun Job I've Had!
Photographer, Coach, Tech, and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 5, 2018
As an actress, I simply loved coming into work and putting on a costume. I love the time period, the knights and the cast, immersing guests into a fantastic time forgotten. Job advancement is possible, as I was able to become a Photo Tech and Coach in just a year. However, the slow season is killer - a second job is a MUST after September.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal
Super Fun
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 18, 2017
Medieval Times was a great first job experience. The atmosphere was surreal and fun. I learned how to interact with customers for the first time and how to remain professional in front of guests.
My team made this enjoyable
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2017
This was years ago, so I hope things have changed. I didn't like the uniform. I don't believe all the people, especially the working class, wore tights. That was very uncomfortable and made it harder to really focus on the job having to adjust your clothes a lot. They weren't really accepting of your ideas to help your team. As far as my team in photography, we were really close to each other, and worked really well each other. Within our department we didn't have many problems. We helped each other out, especially with families who were difficult to work with and through a collective effort we could help change the atmosphere for them and uplift their attitude for the show. The hardest part of the job at that time were adjusting to changes, only because so many would happen within one week. I really enjoyed interacting with all the guest and speaking with them and of course my team in the photo department.
Cons
Tights for a uniform, Constant changes
Manager doesn't know how to manage.
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 20, 2017
The manager loved to play favourites, and it was very unfair to those who weren't favourited. Although the work hours were steady, the manager couldn't even make the schedule correctly.
fun
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Medieval Times was very exciting. They people and co workers were always in a great mood. The employees had so much fun acting goofy and very medieval.you get to be around horses and falcons everyday.
Fun enviorment and poor management skills
Photographer/ Gift shop (Current Employee) –  Schaumberg IllinoisApril 18, 2013
Mainly work weekends starting around noon and ending around ten thirty and weekday shows from six till ten thirty. I learned how to interact with customers and make sales. My management was not too good but I deal with it and stay productive. My co-workers have become like a family to me, we enjoy each other’s company and help each other when needed. The hardest part of my day would be helping costumers that are upset with items that they purchased and then broke. The most enjoyable part of my day would be seeing my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers and the atmisphere
Cons
manager and short breaks
Was a very enjoyable environment to work while I was there.
Head Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2012
I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the guests were great, on the whole, in a service related industry. I would love to go back and work with them again in the future.
Pros
had the opportunity to play a character, though not on show staff.
Cons
fluctuating numbers of guests per show.