Medieval Times Employee Reviews

Rewarding Work Environment
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2016
While at Medieval Times, I worked as a server and occasionally a trainer for fellow servers. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the guests, the company itself, and my coworkers. It really felt like one big happy family and the positive experiences leave me with a lifetime of memories.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Seasonal Parties, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Slow Seasons, Server Pay
Fast passed, fast cash, short hours
food server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 20, 2016
For the most part I enjoyed working here. It did become stressful when there were tight turn overs but things always seemed to work out. Great way to earn some extra cash. The environment was a little crazy at times, hard to work in the dark and hear customers over loud music. Must be able to work holidays and weekends. There did seem to be some favoritism but all in all not a bad place to work for.
Productive, Great Atmosphere,
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2016
Great Company!!!! really an amazing workplace environment. management.. Learned a lot as my first bartending job i started as a regular peer moved my way up in less than three years. to upper management.
Very fun and creative environment
CASH CONTROL (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2016
Love working here and other employees. Very good company to work for, managers are great and understanding. Typical day at work is clock in have fun bringing guests in and clock out. i love every new person i get to meet. guests are very fun and respectful.
Cons
only part-time, pay
Fun and neat place to work!
Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 26, 2016
At this job you are able to work with awesome individuals and management while making good tips as a server! I have learned how to work well with other people who are different than me. Everyone is very willing to help each other out and if you need help your coworkers will be there for you. The hardest part of the job is you have to be able to life heavy item (80 lbs) at the most.
Pros
good work environment, awesome management, seasonal
Cons
heavy lifing
Great Enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 21, 2016
Working at medieval times has been a great experience. It has its bad days but that is any job. I love it but it is time for me to move on.
Pros
3 or 6 hour shifts but still good pay.
Cons
As a bartender the tips weren't that great in cash.
Poor management too much gossip.. Feels like highschool
Corporate Call Center representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GA in Sugarloaf mills mallApril 19, 2016
I just wish management would take things more serious other than the time you clock in. Management gives more leeway to the reps who have been employed longer, they jump mountains for people who would not cross bridges for them.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
no benefits, no room for growth
Great job, great co-workers, great supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CADecember 9, 2015
It was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Management and my co-workers were like a family. The job was great and there was no hard part.
Pros
They worked around our schedule, potlucks and free tickets
Cons
Working holidays
Fun workplace, very easy going
Server (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 1, 2015
The environment is very easy going, staff are friendly and professional. The shows are crowded and hectic during the busy season which starts around January. The hardest part of this job would be carrying over 20lbs of food around the entire arena at a brisk pace without dropping it when people are steadily getting in the way. The most enjoyable part is giving the opening speech in the assigned section which welcomes the guest and prepares them for the evenings' festivities.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
On call scheduling
productive and fun place to work for
food server (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for medieval times, Id go back if I did not have to work holidays. My family is more important to me so i unfortunately had to leave.
Pros
great tips, fun place, upbeat, time goes by quickly
Cons
Working holidays and weekends, a little hectic and overwhelming
My overall experience working at Medieval Times
Customer Service Oder entry (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 26, 2015
Being able to assist guests with any inquires that would make their visit memorable and couldn't wait until they were able to return again. Our management team was very support always to us always thinking of ways to bring up morale, by doing this it brought my co-workers closer and always learning from each other
callcenter
cusstomer service (Former Employee) –  atlAugust 19, 2015
demanding when bussy
had us pushing upgrades and did not pay us anymore
got free tickets 2 times a year
when it was slow cut our hours when it was bussy they wanted to work us as many hours as they could
Pros
free tickets
Cons
no commistion
Wonderful Company
Photo Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
This is the best company I have ever had the opportunity to work for, however you don't have much of a personal life if you work management.
Fun, if you want to work in High school
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County MDJuly 19, 2015
The over all feeling of working at Medieval Times, when you really think it through, is like being in high school. It can be great and a lot of fun, but like high school, it felt very segregated based on what your job description was.
High energy pace and exciting to work
Sr. Knight (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NjJuly 6, 2015
Typical day is once I get dressed in my gear which consists of riding boot, chaps and spurs, I then practice the fights I will be performing in the show. After that we all get ready for the show warming our horses up and put the customs on of which colored knight I will be. Then for 2 hrs we perform the show to a sold out 360 degree arena we I and my fell knight perform games on horse back, joust on horse back, do choreographed falls of the horses and act out the staged fights. Once the show is over all cast members in the show go out to sign autographs, take pictures and mingle with the audience.
Pros
Get to Ride Horse and perform for a live audience
Cons
Work a lot of hours
Fun and Exciting Atmosphere
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
This is a fantastic opportunity for younger folks to enjoy a fun and exciting job in the restaurant and bar and entertainment industry. Only work a few hours per day and earn tips along with hourly.
Pros
Friendy Work Environment
great place to work
knight (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 3, 2015
a very fast paced work enviroment get to learn about horses and how to take care of them the manegment is very good and people very happy to go to work and most people that work there have been there for years.
Pros
perform in front of a thousend people
Cons
work every holiday
Very fast pace and great people and management.
SERVER, MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 24, 2015
Great job to have especially as a college student. The hours are great usually from 4pm-9pm. You then have the rest of the night to do whatever you please.
Great Co-workers, Great atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 30, 2015
Working at Medieval Times was a great experience. I loved being around people all day. I consider my self a people person. I enjoyed being in character.
Pros
two 10 minute breaks, awesome staff.
Cons
Favoritism.
Fun place to work, but rarely get weekends off.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 9, 2015
Overall easy job. Work schedule consisted of:

Verifying and Checking-in guest reservations, resolving issues that may arise with a reservation, addressing commonly asked or specific questions guest may have, operated ticketing system that processed guest reservations, which included: verifying or creating guest reservations, processed cash or credit card transactions. Dealing with price reductions through various outside vendors or promotional codes, ticket upgrading and the addition of miscellaneous items. Processed return tickets and refunds. Auditing all departmental cash registers at day end. Cast member duties involved entertaining, engaging and interacting with customers.
Pros
Get to work with many people and fun environment
Cons
Rarely get weekends off and miss family events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight