Medieval Times Employee Reviews

fun creative place
Picture taker and Cashier Duties (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75201May 11, 2018
My typical work day consisted of me taking photos of the guest and selling it to them. While working at this company I've learned how to work under pressure. My manager was a great person she was always very understanding when you needed something. If you like the idea of jousting and horses then you would love this place. The hardest part well their was never a hard part it was always a fun time when I worked there definitely when dressing up the guest for their pictures.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
short breaks
Photographer/ Photo Seller
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work was getting into a uniform they gave us, going in and having a group meeting before we started to go to our positions and then we would greet guests, take their pictures, and then later on during the show, we show them the pictures that are available for them to purchase and if they had any photo packages that included photos, we would hand those out as well. What I learned from working there is becoming a team leader, being responsible for your own actions, and being on top of everything you do. The management was okay at first but then, they would start favoriting certain people so different treatment was given. The hardest part of the job was selling a big amount of photos in one run and dealing with a certain amount of money. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the certain people that I would work with.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Reasonable Hours
Cons
Short Shifts
fun
be on time to work
never can be late
schedule is wack
move around a l.ot
very close knit work environment
Gift Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 29, 2018
Very fast paced, but relatively easy. The gift shop managers listen to your complaints if you have them. A typical day consists of ringing up guests, selling in the arena, customer service. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet constantly.
Good summer job
Food server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 27, 2018
Worked there for 5 years, and it was a good job. in the summer I walked in right off the beach, they had my uniform ready, I would work for 7 hours, and walk out with 150 cash. Very seasonal though.
Hostile and Unprofessional
Decline to State (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 24, 2018
I would not advise working for this company. It is a very hostile work environment. The turn over is high because of this, which is why they are always hiring. There is little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
unique
Cons
Hostile Work Environment and very little opportunity for advancement.
Excellent Place to be a part of while working towards education.
Waitress- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2018
A typical day meant being physically and mentally ready for hundreds of guests and satisfied their needs while enjoying a new experience.
During my time, I learned to work efficiently with my co-workers and with many departments due to the magnitude of our events in a fast environment. Meeting the physical demands as a server was in fact the most challenging aspect of this job yet it was fascinating to be part of such a magical place. The most satisfying aspect was to meet people from all walks of life and how visiting Medieval Times was just a dream and to be part of that dream was just marvelous.
Pros
Comp Tickets, Outstanding Christmas Party, Family Environment, Great General Manager
Cons
Physical Demands, Weekends
Extremely Fun Job
Spotlight Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJ 07071February 21, 2018
Extremely fun place to work. You get to wear a cool costume, get employee discounts on everything, and get to see horses every day. Very fun place to work. Management, however, doesn't seem to care if you are being harassed by any of your fellow employees.
Pros
Discounts, horses, costumes, free food.
working here is fun but tiring
Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 30, 2018
the job is never dull and every day there are different things to work on and tackle, but it is fun being in character in the medieval setting wearing a costume.
Pros
fun team to work with, small rewards for meeting goals
Cons
sometimes unfair workload, not enough, always have to work holidays and weekends
excellent
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Was such a fun job had great staff members and amazing mangers. It was a routine type of job working week and weekends. Enjoyed taking photos of families and students.
stressful
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 19, 2018
not enough kitchen staff. Long hours but the staff here is amazing. everyone gets along. managers think no one has a life outside of work. Also they're very young.
Pros
co workers and friendly enviornment
Cons
no free food
Great overall but some of the employees are very childish and not much is done about that.
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 19, 2018
I love the place, but the staff can be very competitive with each other. The gift shop department was great to work in but some of the employees have lack of respect for each other an sometimes the guest
Pros
Great experience
Cons
no Time to socialize outside of work.
Interesting, Fun, Different place to work
Marketing/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Medieval Times is unlike any other job I have ever done. It is in the Entertainment industry, while also appealing to sales, food services, etc industries. It is a fun, interesting place to work that has it's slow seasons and it's break neck pace seasons.
Pros
Fun environment, Different, Entertainment
Cons
Pay
Most Fun Job I've Had!
Photographer, Coach, Tech, and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 5, 2018
As an actress, I simply loved coming into work and putting on a costume. I love the time period, the knights and the cast, immersing guests into a fantastic time forgotten. Job advancement is possible, as I was able to become a Photo Tech and Coach in just a year. However, the slow season is killer - a second job is a MUST after September.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal
Eexciting and fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 3, 2018
I have been afforded the opportunity to grow and develop as a manager, leader, and person while working here. They will work with all types of schedules to allow for continuing education,
nice shows
line cook (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDJanuary 3, 2018
the shows were always nice to watch after a nice meal it has it's old back in the day type of feelings where you eat with you hands and watch people joust and ride horses
Fun work place
Event Staff Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2017
Really fast paced, but the team members and the customers make it really fun. A typical day was setting up for shows and working with customers so that they get the best experience.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Scheduling depended on position.
Fun workplace, horrible compensation
Cash Control Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2017
You get to meet all types of people, including celebrities. Coworkers are amazing. The hours are crazy, good-bye weekends, holidays, social life and mental state! No appraisal for your hard-work or dedication. You get taken advantage of, management will run you down to the ground.
Pros
If you love the medieval era, you're in the right place!
Cons
Say god-bye to everything you love!
I love this company
Customer Service, Sales, and Deposit Control (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 12, 2017
I learned a lot about the program used for us to sell tickets, directing and helping guests, counting money, and doing paperwork. Management is great, and everyone is very friendly. There isn't really anything that is hard about the job. I love every aspect of the job especially those who are excited about the show.
Cons
Slow during the winter.
Fun to work but very hard
Knight, Actor/Stuntman (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 1, 2017
I loved this place as a kid so I loved the idea of working there. Since working there, I realized just how hard the job actually is. If you're not ready to run a LOT or have bumps and bruises then I would not suggest this job for you. Very taxing on your body as would be expected from riding horses and swinging weapons at other people. The benefits are good but the pay to me seemed too low for what I was doing every day.
Pros
Fun, some free meals, comraderie
Cons
low pay, physically demanding, seniority is prevalent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Medieval Times. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight